PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Jordan would pick Kobe over Lebron

LarryDavid
02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/02/michael-jordan-would-pick-kobe-bryant-over-lebron-james/

Titles > everything else

Joyrider
02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
He also picked Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison as lottery picks.

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 02:09 PM
mj with truth bombs... wtf

whitemamba
02-14-2013, 02:09 PM

:lol

midnightpulp
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM

/thread

Lol at anyone listening to what MJ has to say when it comes to evaluating talent.

But I'm sure one of the reasons why MJ would pick Kobe is because of how flattered he is by the Mamba devoting his entire life to imitating him.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't think anybody would deny that Kobe is currently ahead of Lebron on the all-time list, which is the implication with a "titles>all" argument..

However, as a peak player, this version of Lebron + last year's title run is better than any form of Kobe, tbh..

I suspect we will be hearing more bitterness from Jordan as we move along, since he will begin to fear his legacy following Lebron's first threepeat, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
The all-time list based on accomplishments is noticeably different than the all-time list based on peak performance..

Cry Havoc
02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't think anybody would deny that Kobe is currently ahead of Lebron on the all-time list, which is the implication with a "titles>all" argument..

However, as a peak player, this version of Lebron + last year's title run is better than any form of Kobe, tbh..

I suspect we will be hearing more bitterness from Jordan as we move along, since he will begin to fear his legacy following Lebron's first threepeat, tbh..

Seriously. Kobe was always like the tag-a-long kid brother to Jordan.

LeBron is the guy down the street that everyone talks about in hushed tones when MJ is around.

midnightpulp
02-14-2013, 02:19 PM

I probably should've read the article. Now, I don't really sense any bitterness from Jordan after reading this quote:

‘If you had to pick between the two, that would be a tough choice,’

The fact that it's a "tough choice" for Michael when Kobe leads the all important ring count 5 to 1 tells me Jordan might be looking forward to the day Lebron "officially" surpasses Kobe, since I'm sure Jordan wanted to projectile vomit all throughout the 06 and 07 seasons when the moron media was constantly comparing Kobe to him, with some even saying Kobe is better (Rick Reilly, Mark Jackson).

Also, the central question was who had the better career, not who is the better player, so picking Kobe over Lebron in that regard is the right choice.

callo1
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
I think it is about more than titles tbh. Lebron is much more of an imposing physical threat to Jordan, not to mention that Kobe has always tried to act like Jordan Jr. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery kind of effect.

da_suns_fan
02-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Beat me to it!!

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Yep..

As much as Jordan globalized the sport of basketball, he also caused severe damage to the game..Jordan promoted and glorified chucker ball, selfish ball, and originated unquantifiable traits such as "killer instinct" and "will to win", which is synonymous with being a shitty teammate, tbh..

Jordan was able to succeed with this playing style due to his rare combination of skill and athleticism, along with Phil Jackson's presence..post-Jordan athletes have predictably been unable to replicate his success with the same style of play, forcing the NBA to promote shitty teammates that shoot the ball every chance they get and focus on gaudy point totals..

Lebron has revived the team game, the way basketball is supposed to be played, tbh..the NBA needed a clean, marketable superstar to promote team play, and Lebron has done it..this era of basketball is beginning to resemble the 80s team basketball that sparked interest from the public, the NBA will thrive during the Lebron era, tbh..

TDMVPDPOY
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
i will say it again, i find him overrated who benefit from slow motion technology during the 90s.....

Clipper Nation
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Jordan also picked betting on games over getting two more rings in his prime, tbh...

stretch
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
he also said he was talking about whos career is better

of course Kobe's had a better career. Lebron still is barely halfway into his and just finally hit his prime, while Kobe's career is coming to an end soon.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
i will say it again, i find him overrated who benefit from slow motion technology during the 90s.....

huh?

Thebesteva
02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
There's a reason why Magic always promoted Lebron's game and MJ promotes Kobe's. Both want their style of basketball to live on forever so everyone always looks up to them. Jordan doesn't want anyone to say some day that Lebron is better because that distributing style becomes more popular than the killer instinct style. In all honesty tho, Jordan is a dickhead. I have heard horrible stories about him and how he acts towards his fans.

Both Lebron and Kobe are super nice to fans from what I hear. Minus that Cleveland decision thing but you know what I mean

jeebus
02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
huh?

son it's best to ignore that faggot. after he was greyed, even the gnsf's have been ignoring him.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 04:04 PM
There's a reason why Magic always promoted Lebron's game and MJ promotes Kobe's. Both want their style of basketball to live on forever so everyone always looks up to them. Jordan doesn't want anyone to say some day that Lebron is better because that distributing style becomes more popular than the killer instinct style. In all honesty tho, Jordan is a dickhead. I have heard horrible stories about him and how he acts towards his fans.

Both Lebron and Kobe are super nice to fans from what I hear. Minus that Cleveland decision thing but you know what I mean

MJ is definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of sports assholes. You can put Dan Marino there too...last 2 spots are up for interpretation

resistanze
02-14-2013, 04:08 PM
In 2009, Chamillionaire crossed paths with Michael Jordan at a party for the basketball legend after bidding over $7000 for one of his jerseys at a Reggie Bush charity auction. After seeing Jordan posing for pictures with some ladies at the party, Cham tried for his own snapshot with him. "I don't ask nobody for nothin' I never do," Cham retells in a video on his Web site. "I was just like, man, this is just that one moment. I'm gonna ask Mike for a picture." The rapper approached Jordan, who was sitting next to filmmaker Spike Lee and members of the Boston Celtics, including guard Paul Pierce. "They were just chilling and I said, 'I don't mean to be rude, but Mike, I just wanted to know if I could get a picture." Although Cham was expecting to get a "No" from him, he wasn't expecting what Jordan actually replied; "I ain't taking pictures with no niggas!" Chamillionaire thought that Jordan didn't hear him properly and explained that he just paid $7000 for one of his jerseys. Jordan responded; "You know what, I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and I'll take a picture with you."

Cham charges that he's "never been so heated" in his life. Pierce even tried to chime in. "Paul Pierce was like, 'Yo, whoa, chill out. That's Chamillionaire, man," the rapper continued. Jordan didn't budge and retorted with an "I don't give a fuck, nigga!" Chamillionaire then turned to Spike Lee, shook his hand and said "It's all good." Describing Jordan's A-list entourage upon his departure, Cham said they "all just had that look like, 'That's just how Mike is."

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM

He's willing to have his father killed for gambling purposes, so it's not surprising that he isn't approachable by the average person, tbh..

DJB
02-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Yeah /thread.

Deuce Bigalow
02-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Do people not understand why people pick whoever in the draft? Teams pick a player based on what they did in COLLEGE or HS. That player that they picked never played in the NBA. So comparing what MJ evaluates on a player that has already played in the NBA to two busts that haven't played yet doesn't make sense. Things don't always go as planned, Adam Morrison led the NCAA in scoring and took his team to the title game his senior year. How do people know the future for sure? They don't. His game didn't transfer like the others obviously, but that we all figured this out after he started playing. But before the season started we didn't know the future.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Do people not understand why people pick whoever in the draft? Teams pick a player based on what they did in COLLEGE or HS. That player that they picked never played in the NBA. So comparing what MJ evaluates on a player that has already played in the NBA to two busts that haven't played yet doesn't make sense. Things don't always go as planned, Adam Morrison led the NCAA in scoring and took his team to the title game his senior year. How do people know the future for sure? They don't. His game didn't transfer like the others obviously, but that we all figured this out after he started playing. But before the season started we didn't know the future.

Pretty sure Ammo and the Zags choked in the Sweet 16/E8 against UCLA that year.

Mugen
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM

He's willing to have his father killed for gambling purposes, so it's not surprising that he isn't approachable by the average person, tbh..

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4dugd7AUg1rve7nfo1_250.gif

Deuce Bigalow
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Pretty sure Ammo and the Zags choked in the Sweet 16/E8 against UCLA that year.
I don't watch NCAA ball so I guessed. I thought when he cried in that game and because it was vs ucla it might have been the title game?

resistanze
02-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Don't forget now teaming up with other stars to re-elect Obama after saying in 1990 'Republicans buy shoes too :('

A great player, but a terrible, egomaniacal self-serving coon, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't watch NCAA ball so I guessed. I thought when he cried in that game and because it was vs ucla it might have been the title game?

Nah, those tears were for the huge lead Gonzaga gave up in those final minutes. iirc UCLA's winning basket came off an inbounds steal with just a couple secs left.

Deuce Bigalow
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Nah, those tears were for the huge lead Gonzaga gave up in those final minutes. iirc UCLA's winning basket came off an inbounds steal with just a couple secs left.
Ok then lol. But he was the leading scorer though, right?

Brunodf
02-14-2013, 04:29 PM
We know how good Jordan is picking players...

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't really care that Jordan chose Morrison or Kwame Brown, I don't hold it against him, tbh, every front office decision maker has messed up at some point..

When an "NBA guy" makes a statement, I like to hear his argument..in this case, Jordan went with the predictable rings argument, which implies that Kobe's career accomplishments currently surpass Lebron's, which is an accurate and kind of obvious statement, tbh..

baseline bum
02-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Remember when he picked Kwame over Chandler and Gasol?

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Ok then lol. But he was the leading scorer though, right?

Pretty sure. I was going apeshit when it was happening cause I picked UCLA to go to the Finals in my bracket. The 2006 Tourney was amazing except for--ironically enough--the final 3 games. Won a lot of money that year--picked 3/4 FF teams right, but my champ (UConn) lost in the Elite 8 to George Mason.

midnightpulp
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't really care that Jordan chose Morrison or Kwame Brown, I don't hold it against him, tbh, every front office decision maker has messed up at some point..

When an "NBA guy" makes a statement, I like to hear his argument..in this case, Jordan went with the predictable rings argument, which implies that Kobe's career accomplishments currently surpass Lebron's, which is an accurate and kind of obvious statement, tbh..

What's kind of irritating about that is if Jordan is going with that argument, he should hold himself to the same standard and followed up the comment with:

"Just like Bill Russell had a better career than me."

Kobe's had the better career not because of rings won, but because he's racked up more individual accolades aside from regular season MVPs than Lebron thus far.

But if Lebron wins yet again another regular season MVP and Finals MVP this year, Kobe has ZERO argument for placement above Lebron all-time.

Ace
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Kobe has more rings then LeBron, no shit?

Deuce Bigalow
02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
What's kind of irritating about that is if Jordan is going with that argument, he should hold himself to the same standard and followed up the comment with:

Kobe's had the better career not because of rings won, but because he's racked up more individual accolades aside from regular season MVPs than Lebron thus far.

But if Lebron wins yet again another regular season MVP and Finals MVP this year, Kobe has ZERO argument for placement above Lebron all-time.
Why is Jerry West & Oscar Robertson higher than Moses Malone on the all time list?
Moses has as much MVPs+FMVPs as those two players together.

lefty
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
http://dc183.4shared.com/img/b2MDHUcI/s3/Bruce-Lee-Battle-Cry.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh3p798cNx1qeyojwo1_400.gif

midnightpulp
02-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Why is Jerry West & Oscar Robertson higher than Moses Malone on the all time list?
Moses has as much MVPs+FMVPs as those two players together.

Because pundits typically give West and Oscar and Wilt a pass because they played in the era of the Celtics' dynasty.

Once again countering with a shit argument by referencing players who played in different eras.

Lebron and Kobe play in the SAME era.

You're bad at this. Just stop debating with me. I take the baseball bat to your brainless skull every time.

AussieFanKurt
02-14-2013, 05:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-responds-michael-jordan-pick-kobe-over-200748529--nba.html

DMC
02-14-2013, 06:04 PM
When MJ's team actually makes it out of the lottery, maybe his takes will matter.

The real question is who's attempted to suck Jordan off harder, Kobe or Lebron. Lebron had his number and "retired" it so to speak (really expected to eclipse him and didn't want to be associated imo once the boyhood idolization wore off and he realized who he was). Kobe has spent his entire life chasing Jordan's legacy, and Lebron comes along and takes a shit team to the Finals. If Lebron was traded to the Lakers on draft day, we'd still be waiting for their reign to end.

irishock
02-14-2013, 06:30 PM
The all-time list based on accomplishments is noticeably different than the all-time list based on peak performance..

This. TMac would be higher than the Dirks and the Pierces if we're talking peak.

Brazil
02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Yep..

As much as Jordan globalized the sport of basketball, he also caused severe damage to the game..Jordan promoted and glorified chucker ball, selfish ball, and originated unquantifiable traits such as "killer instinct" and "will to win", which is synonymous with being a shitty teammate, tbh..

Jordan was able to succeed with this playing style due to his rare combination of skill and athleticism, along with Phil Jackson's presence..post-Jordan athletes have predictably been unable to replicate his success with the same style of play, forcing the NBA to promote shitty teammates that shoot the ball every chance they get and focus on gaudy point totals..

Lebron has revived the team game, the way basketball is supposed to be played, tbh..the NBA needed a clean, marketable superstar to promote team play, and Lebron has done it..this era of basketball is beginning to resemble the 80s team basketball that sparked interest from the public, the NBA will thrive during the Lebron era, tbh..

Yeah he did it for the kids :cry

lebron has revived the team game ?? Wtf is that ??

Lebron will be recognized as the one who started the super teams era where the small market teams will just go fuck themselves. The decision was one of the worst parody I saw in sport humiliating an entire city. I bring my talents to south beach.... Don't act like Lebron is a kind of saint who saved the nba of the dark ages of MJ.

DMC
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah he did it for the kids :cry

lebron has revived the team game ?? Wtf is that ??

Lebron will be recognized as the one who started the super teams era where the small market teams will just go fuck themselves. The decision was one of the worst parody I saw in sport humiliating an entire city. I bring my talents to south beach.... Don't act like Lebron is a kind of saint who saved the nba of the dark ages of MJ.

lol pretty sure KG and Ray Allen got ahead of him on that a few years back. The the Lakers followed suit by giving up great talent for Pau Gasol. Teams who do not go that route will never see a ring. That's the virtual contraction of the league, in talent at least. The rest can be the D+ league. The Lakers tried to end up with Howard, Paul, Kobe and Gasol. Nash probably wouldn't have been hired.

It's the NBA's way of revitalizing the big markets for the post season runs.

Brazil
02-14-2013, 07:01 PM
lol pretty sure KG and Ray Allen got ahead of him on that a few years back. The the Lakers followed suit by giving up great talent for Pau Gasol. Teams who do not go that route will never see a ring. That's the virtual contraction of the league, in talent at least. The rest can be the D+ league. The Lakers tried to end up with Howard, Paul, Kobe and Gasol. Nash probably wouldn't have been hired.

This is why i said one of the. At the end this is what will be remembered. HH was using the MJ turned bb on selfish shitty team mate with MJ. Like winners didn't exist before MJ and like MJ was the first shitty team mate.

Brazil
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
This is why i said one of the. At the end this is what will be remembered. HH was using the MJ turned bb on selfish shitty team mate with MJ. Like winners didn't exist before MJ and like MJ was the first shitty team mate.

Realized I wrote as the one I meant one of the

Koolaid_Man
02-14-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/02/michael-jordan-would-pick-kobe-bryant-over-lebron-james/

Titles > everything else

I would too

irishock
02-14-2013, 07:09 PM
LG agrees with Jordan
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=157441

Koolaid_Man
02-14-2013, 07:10 PM

Mid and Harlem's asses are itching because god has spoken....:lol Mid and Harlem salty as douched snatch :lol....First Dirk now MJ..like I said mid...real players who had to play against Kobe or who's played the game from that tough era of the 90's - 2006 know what it is like going to war against Kobe.. fat lazy fucks like you and Harlem are just to gotdam emotional to understand anything..

You stated the other day when MJ said he thought Kobe was the better player that it was before "Lebronze rang" now you're spinning outta control...you having a bad week dawg....:lol....MJ didn't even mention Timmy....no one gives a fuck about the Spurs man....deal with that shit homie - lol

I'm loving this shit...now go type up another long salty ass paragraph trying to minimize MJ's opinion....:lmao@ MJ shitting on Lebron, Midget, harlem, and all Spur fan...

Thebesteva
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
In 2009, Chamillionaire crossed paths with Michael Jordan at a party for the basketball legend after bidding over $7000 for one of his jerseys at a Reggie Bush charity auction. After seeing Jordan posing for pictures with some ladies at the party, Cham tried for his own snapshot with him. "I don't ask nobody for nothin' I never do," Cham retells in a video on his Web site. "I was just like, man, this is just that one moment. I'm gonna ask Mike for a picture." The rapper approached Jordan, who was sitting next to filmmaker Spike Lee and members of the Boston Celtics, including guard Paul Pierce. "They were just chilling and I said, 'I don't mean to be rude, but Mike, I just wanted to know if I could get a picture." Although Cham was expecting to get a "No" from him, he wasn't expecting what Jordan actually replied; "I ain't taking pictures with no niggas!" Chamillionaire thought that Jordan didn't hear him properly and explained that he just paid $7000 for one of his jerseys. Jordan responded; "You know what, I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and I'll take a picture with you."

Cham charges that he's "never been so heated" in his life. Pierce even tried to chime in. "Paul Pierce was like, 'Yo, whoa, chill out. That's Chamillionaire, man," the rapper continued. Jordan didn't budge and retorted with an "I don't give a fuck, nigga!" Chamillionaire then turned to Spike Lee, shook his hand and said "It's all good." Describing Jordan's A-list entourage upon his departure, Cham said they "all just had that look like, 'That's just how Mike is."

Yeah I def believe that story, its up on youtube. He is pretty vulnerable and open in that interview, even talks about how he knew MJ would knock his ass out if they fought. I think it was a case of meeting your hero and being so ridiculously let down.

td4mvp2k
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
MJ picks Kobe over Lebron... Is why the Cats are where they are... :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
MJ picks Kobe over Lebron... Is why the Cats are where they are... :lol

:lol Lebron Salty.....just like the RiverWalk
James' response at shoot-around Thursday, as the Heat prepare for their showdown with the Thunder:

"It doesn't matter to me. If you take Kobe one and I go second, it doesn't matter. I don't get too involved in what guys say about me or if you take Kobe or if you take LeBron. As long as I'm on the floor and I make plays for my teammates, I don't do what I do for other people's approval."

mindcrime
02-14-2013, 08:46 PM

Weren't both KG and Ray Allen traded to the C's? LBJ and Bosh were free agents who selected Miami as their destination. There is a difference tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Lebron will be recognized as the one who started the super teams era where the small market teams will just go fuck themselves.
Nope.... KG, Ray Allen, and Pau started that, tbh...

DMC
02-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Weren't both KG and Ray Allen traded to the C's? LBJ and Bosh were free agents who selected Miami as their destination. There is a difference tbh.

The result is the same. I doubt another class will have that talent any time soon like the LBJ year, but friends will still hook up and team up. The super team building isn't restricted to trades or free agents.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 09:11 PM
jordan in basketball is what pele is in soccer imho. both were legendary players back in the day but are well known for their shitty takes

DMC
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM

I think the Celts will be remembered as having stacked first tbh. Remember tall the ESPN commercials trying to find a suitable name for the three?

Lebron's ordeal was different, he chose it at a time where he could have led a worse team to a ring. Usually it's the end of career guys who do that.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I think the Celts will be remembered as having stacked first tbh. Remember tall the ESPN commercials trying to find a suitable name for the three?

Lebron's ordeal was different, he chose it at a time where he could have led a worse team to a ring. Usually it's the end of career guys who do that.
LOL thinking he could've led the cavs to a ring. nigga tried hard and the closest he had ever get as a cav was the 07' finals, nigga already did the best an ambitious player could've done to such a shitty franchise tbh. nigga wants to win as the alpha guy, not by a gary payton way imho

cheguevara
02-14-2013, 09:44 PM
jordan in basketball is what pele is in soccer imho. both were legendary players back in the day but are well known for their shitty takes

add Maradona to that. He coached Argentina to the grave :lol

Jordan, Pele, Maradona, these fools reached a level where they cannot come out of their own self to look what's going on in the outside world. these types of fools live in their own personal fantasy till the end of their lives. I guess that's a side effect of reaching the summit

kinda like reading the Elder Scrolls. You gain knowledge, but go blind.

DMC
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
LOL thinking he could've led the cavs to a ring. nigga tried hard and the closest he had ever get as a cav was the 07' finals, nigga already did the best an ambitious player could've done to such a shitty franchise tbh. nigga wants to win as the alpha guy, not by a gary payton way imho

Not the Cavs, but a worse team than the Bosh/Wade/Battier heat. Dirk took the Mavs. There are teams like the Grizzlies that could have been a powerhouse with Lebron.

DMC
02-14-2013, 10:11 PM
add Maradona to that. He coached Argentina to the grave :lol

Jordan, Pele, Maradona, these fools reached a level where they cannot come out of their own self to look what's going on in the outside world. these types of fools live in their own personal fantasy till the end of their lives. I guess that's a side effect of reaching the summit

kinda like reading the Elder Scrolls. You gain knowledge, but go blind.

Add Magic as a coach.

rayjayjohnson
02-14-2013, 11:15 PM
bitch recognize bitch, son.

JRHernandez88
02-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Jordan knows Kobe can't catch his legacy with only 1lmvp and 2fmvps but probably feels his goat title is in jeopardy with LeBron on the rise. LeBron already has 3mvps and has a fmvp at around the same age Jordan got his. He's probably going to break alot of his records too since he came straight from highschool.

ezau
02-15-2013, 01:55 AM

Chamillionaire being an average person :lol

midnightpulp
02-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Mid and Harlem's asses are itching because god has spoken....:lol Mid and Harlem salty as douched snatch :lol....First Dirk now MJ..like I said mid...real players who had to play against Kobe or who's played the game from that tough era of the 90's - 2006 know what it is like going to war against Kobe.. fat lazy fucks like you and Harlem are just to gotdam emotional to understand anything..

You stated the other day when MJ said he thought Kobe was the better player that it was before "Lebronze rang" now you're spinning outta control...you having a bad week dawg....:lol....MJ didn't even mention Timmy....no one gives a fuck about the Spurs man....deal with that shit homie - lol

I'm loving this shit...now go type up another long salty ass paragraph trying to minimize MJ's opinion....:lmao@ MJ shitting on Lebron, Midget, harlem, and all Spur fan...

Read the article, chimp.

Jordan said it was a "tough choice" DESPITE Kobe having 4 more rings. And no, MJ wasn't being politically correct, he knows them titles won with Shaq are less important than the titles Kobe won when he was actually the lead dog.

Oh, and here's something else the "god" said:

"Kobe is a top ten GUARD of all-time."

:lmao

lefty
02-15-2013, 02:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vnJMQ.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5kmhjJD2G1ryz375o1_500.jpg

Rummpd
02-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Jordan was the best player in tne NBA for at least ten years, Kobe has been the best for 1-2 years at most; and the key difference maker on only two championship teams and even that is argueable due to his complete failure to lead the Lakers without Gasol and this season again proving he cannot lead anything. Meanwhile James took himself and the Washington Generals to the finals and the last five years James has been by far the best in the league. Shaq and Duncan alternated as the key difference makers on titles from the end of the 90s till the mid 2000s. Kobe does not even belong in the conversation except for being a stat king mainly because of a historical high usage rate on shooting and vastly over-rated defensive team selections and clutchness (that myth was destroyed by truehoop.com and Abbott) all the crap an adoring media puts on him - yes Kobe per Jordan is a just a "top ten NBA guard of all time" and where he ranks in that list or top 10-25 NBA players [no way he is top ten] all time is by almost anyone way too high, and when all is said and no way he will be historically fairly ranked better than James or Duncan for that matter.

Brazil
02-15-2013, 05:57 AM

As mentioned by others, in Celts, Lakers case it was the franchise that stacked players through trades which is indeed different from the decision.

AaronY
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM

He's willing to have his father killed for gambling purposes

wow, ur a retard. Way to go over the deep end

lol at the thought of those two crackheads being contract hit men as part of some huge conspiracy. Anyone who knows the life stories of the two guys knows what a lame accusation that is

AaronY
02-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Guys were caught using Jordan's dads credit cards for crying out loud plus they had a record of snitching no way they would get hired to kill any one and no way they would keep their mouth shut this long if they were hired.

td4mvp2k
02-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Once again countering with a shit argument by referencing players who played in different eras.

Lebron and Kobe play in the SAME era.

You're bad at this. Just stop debating with me. I take the baseball bat to your brainless skull every time.

Riddler
02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Gary Lee (http://twitter.com/LakersNation) @LakersNation (http://twitter.com/LakersNation) now (http://twitter.com/LakersNation/statuses/302488054831140865)
Kobe on MJ picking him over Bron: "I think the message is winning takes precedent over everything."

:lmao

TDfan2007
02-15-2013, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7rINqlMe8

This should clarify his comments. Hard to disagree, tbh...

DMC
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
So then Jordan takes Horry over himself, 7 beats 6.

Bynumite
02-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Spurfan stays comparing role players to stars. It's about having the numbers, individual accolades and rings. Not just rings obviously.