PDA

View Full Version : Blair's Weight Loss

Embedded
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Is it possible that Mr. Blair spent too much time working on dropping weight last summer, vs. Mr. Duncan's increased focus on just the opposite, playing basketball? If we don't trade him, it will be interesting to see if he can improve his craft, he needs to compensate for his lack of height with skills around the basket.

LittleCriminal
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
He's already had years to improve his game.. I don't see it happening any time soon.
Trade his ass!!

DapDaGenius
02-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Trade him. I just want a defensive big that would will swat some shots and rebound well, that is a good height(Besides Tim). Maybe that could be Baynes. If Blair is gone, we'll more than likely see Baynes more.

I don't even care for Blair anymore. He seems to not want to be here, we've tried to trade him multiple times and no one wanted him. Blair-Be-Gone.

KaiRMD1
02-15-2013, 12:05 AM
I think considering this is a contract year for him, it might be better to keep him. Also, Blair does well against OKC

Spur|n|Austin
02-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Trade him. I just want a defensive big that would will swat some shots and rebound well, that is a good height(Besides Tim). Maybe that could be Baynes. If Blair is gone, we'll more than likely see Baynes more.

I don't even care for Blair anymore. He seems to not want to be here, we've tried to trade him multiple times and no one wanted him. Blair-Be-Gone.

I'm not by any means an advocate of DB, but I'm curious as to when he's appeared to "not want to be here".. DB plays with a lot of heart, and I don't see him slacking. Slacking on ACLs yes; slacking on his commitment to the team, no.

jermaine
02-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Blair is one of the best passing big men in the league. He passes like a guard. It seems he has worked on his mid range gm too. I say keep him an let he an Bayons battle for the fourth big off the bench. Although his lack of size does bothers me. But I also thi k he finishes just about or slightly better than Tiago around the rim. He knows the system an he's always has rebounding on his mind. To a fault at times but who can blame him with his lack of size. He dives for lose balls all the time. Who else on the Spurs does that? Seriously.

capek
02-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm not by any means an advocate of DB, but I'm curious as to when he's appeared to "not want to be here".. DB plays with a lot of heart, and I don't see him slacking. Slacking on ACLs yes; slacking on his commitment to the team, no.

Every time he fucking laughs after making a boneheaded mistake or blowing a defensive assignment (which btw is what he does EVERY TIME he makes a mistake), is how he shows he doesn't want to be here. After three years that shit makes it clear he doesn't take things seriously, which has also been proved by the fact that he hasn't improved his game over that span.

I'm with the people that are totally done with DB. And I'm someone that really liked him his rookie year, and still had hopes for him through last season.

Ship his ass out imo

DapDaGenius
02-15-2013, 01:40 AM

Dejuan is always going to play with heart, no matter what team he is on. He just wants to play. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dejuan said or plays like he doesn't want to be here. He has made it clear that he love the Spurs. I was just speculating that maybe he doesn't want to be here(after the past year and 1/2 or so), b/c he complains about not starting, then gets pushed to the end of the bench. After that he brings up being an end of the bench player. He was quoted saying " I was out of the rotation at the end of the season, so imagine next year.".

I could only imagine that someone who clearly wants more playing time and is already on the trading block, would probably just want to be traded after some time. That way he could get more time on the court and not be an end of the bench player anymore. Sorry for the confusion, it was just my speculation not something that Dejuan clearly said or showed when playing.

But overall, I want him out. Sure he plays with heart but the guy really isn't...good(at least not here in our system). I can't remember what game it was this season, but he finally got some playing time and he was taking some unbelievably rushed shots. Playing with heart, sure, but that's just stupid. Maybe he could thrive somewhere else.

wyn50
02-15-2013, 03:12 AM
He is bad at free throws too. That is why they cannot use him in close games. That is his biggest Achilles IMHO.

spurraider21
02-15-2013, 04:05 AM
i miss fat athletic blair. then he became skinny unathletic blair now he is skinny athletic. he needs the girth to make up for his height like chuck hayes

007nites
02-15-2013, 05:09 AM
His weight fluctuates from 250-270.