PDA

View Full Version : "Russia Shot Down The Meteor” Theory Spreads Online

mouse
02-15-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.infowars.com/russia-shot-down-the-meteor-theory-spreads-online/

The global news impact of the Russian meteorite has far outstripped the actual physical impact of the object today, reminding us just how quickly information, and potential disinformation, can spread via the internet.

tCFARJVsDEI

Within minutes of the meteor’s impact alternative theories began to circulate that the object seen in the video had been shot down by Russian air defence missiles to prevent further destruction.

The theory seems to have stemmed from a report from the local Znak newspaper, which quoted an anonymous “military source” who claimed that the object was intercepted by an air defense unit at the Urzhumka settlement near Chelyabinsk.

According to the source, a missile salvo blew the meteorite apart at an altitude of 20 kilometers, scattering burning debris over the region.

Russia Today picked up the report and sent it viral on the internet, adding that “Regnum news agency quoted a military source who claimed that the vapor condensation trail of the meteorite speaks to the fact that the meteorite was intercepted by air defenses.”

In the hours that have passed, the story has been tweeted and retweeted thousands of times.

The Russian regional Emergency Ministry has denied that any military air defenses were involved in the incident.

Witnesses in a town 50 kilometers from Chelyabinsk, where the meteor is thought to have hit, said they saw a streaking object suddenly burst into flames, break apart and fall to the ground. They then described a black cloud had hanging above the town. Witnesses in Chelyabinsk itself said that the air smelled like gunpowder after the object hit.

Reactions to the shoot down theory have been mixed, with detractors suggesting no upward missile vapour trail or intercepting object can be seen in the videos, and that it would be impossible to shoot down an object travelling with such speed at the trajectory it approached.

More wide eyed theorists have suggested that the object may not have been a meteor at all and could have been a satellite that was shot down, or some form of kinetic bombardment weapon aimed at Russia.

The latter theory seems to have stemmed from comments made by Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, who claimed that the flashes and sonic booms witnessed were the results of a secret US weapons test.

Zhirinovsky, known for making such startling claims about advanced weaponry, suggested that he had advance knowledge of a test. He also claimed that US Secretary of State John Kerry had attempted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about a coming “provocation” earlier this week, but couldn’t reach him.

It seems more likely, however, that the “provocation” Kerry had spent time trying to speak to Lavrov about by phone was in refernce to the recent nuclear test in North Korea.

—————————————————————-

DarrinS
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Bad information travels fastest

Wild Cobra
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Bad information travels fastest
Yes it does. That thing was estimated traveling, if I recall, something like 33,000 MPH. That's Mach 43. Now if they did actually shoot it down, they aren't going to admit they have such technology.

Let the conspiracy theories fly.

Mouse... Cosmored...

Latarian Milton
02-15-2013, 10:39 PM
if the russians could shoot down something that was running like 33,000 MPH then they should be probably a few decades more advanced than US anti-ballistic system, which cost us an astronomical number of money tbh

Agloco
02-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised that mouse isn't supporting these theories with more vigor.

Trainwreck2100
02-16-2013, 06:44 PM
All they had to do was shoot at where it was going to be, haven't you guys played space invaders?

mouse
02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Now if they did actually shoot it down, they aren't going to admit they have such technology.

It's not always the technology its who is or isn't asleep when it happens. AKA NORAD during 9/11

After all whats the use having the Best defense system in the civilized world if your just going to read a children's book during an attack?

mouse
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm surprised that mouse isn't supporting these theories with more vigor.

I random rock falling to Earth doesn't interest me like Chemtrails ,fluoride in the water system,massive bank fraud,WTC7,mysterious murders of those who question the Illuminati, unexplained steel framed buildings turning into dust, shit like that.....

On a side note: The mere fact this piece of rock still zooming through space as a result of the "big bang" only confirms the solar system is not billions of years old.

Wild Cobra
02-16-2013, 09:04 PM
LOL....

Mouse...

LOL...

Agloco
02-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I random rock falling to Earth doesn't interest me like Chemtrails ,fluoride in the water system,massive bank fraud,WTC7,mysterious murders of those who question the Illuminati, unexplained steel framed buildings turning into dust, shit like that.....

You omitted the moon landing hoax; but yes, we get the point.

On a side note: The mere fact this piece of rock still zooming through space as a result of the "big bang" only confirms the solar system is not billions of years old.

How so?

mouse
02-16-2013, 11:47 PM
You omitted the moon landing hoax; but yes, we get the point.

My point was NASA lies and I supported many of the adnormalities being posted online and to this day i am still waiting for proof of such claims it wasn't staged.

How so?

Well considering (according to science) the oldest comet is to be. 10,000 to 5,000 years old and (according to science) they are a result from the "big bang" there should be no more comets ,asteroids , and meteors left since they had "12 Billion" years to slow down,burn out, or land somewhere the fact that we still have them proves the earth and solar system is not "billions" of years old.

We have covered this numerous times .

Wild Cobra
02-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Mouse, where did you get that date information from?

Hale-Bopp had a 4,200year period... Are you saying it's only two periods old?

Link please.

mouse
02-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Mouse, where did you get that date information from?

Hale-Bopp had a 4,200year period... Are you saying it's only two periods old?

Link please.

http://io9.com/5637815/how-halleys-comet-sightings-changed-history-over-the-past-2500-years

pssssssst! did you already forget Halley's Comet?

If so, sell me some of that shit.

Wild Cobra
02-17-2013, 04:19 PM
http://io9.com/5637815/how-halleys-comet-sightings-changed-history-over-the-past-2500-years

pssssssst! did you already forget Halley's Comet?

If so, sell me some of that shit.
I didn't see anything in that link to convince me comets are 5,000 to 10,000 years old. That link did say this however:

The comet has probably been in its current orbit for anything from 16,000 to 200,000 years.

Slutter McGee
02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Russia today is almost as sane as info-wars. Which means they are nuts. All of em. This is coming from a Ron Paul supporter.

Slutter McGee

Juggity
02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory?

Occam's razor etc.

Latarian Milton
02-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Well considering (according to science) the oldest comet is to be. 10,000 to 5,000 years old and (according to science) they are a result from the "big bang" there should be no more comets ,asteroids , and meteors left since they had "12 Billion" years to slow down,burn out, or land somewhere the fact that we still have them proves the earth and solar system is not "billions" of years old.

We have covered this numerous times .
there's no air in the space so no friction to slow them down or burn them out, and although some comets & asteroids have landed on planets, there're still a good deal of them wandering in the universe up to this day despite how long they've been in existence since the "big bang". im not a supporter of the big bang theory but based on the facts we've observed from the universe via harbor telescope, the universe is indeed expanding in size and the expansion has lasted for quite a long time now. supposedly there was one time when the universe was swelling very fast, and even though that was not actually a bang, it was something similar imho

mouse
02-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Lets say I am off by 100 Million years the Universe is "12 Billion " years old.

When Scientist were confronted with this dilemma they panicked now enter a pot smoking Dutch astronomer.
Jan Oort who created the bullshit Oort cloud. :lmao

A made up theory that is so unbelievable with so much made up shit it makes a Spider Man comic look like the 9/11 Commission report.

You want to support bullshit Science and fairy tales go right ahead. We will see who here has limited comprehension skills and is made to be an idiot.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MallenDocumenataries/oort-bull-shit_zpsda4d11ef.gif

MannyIsGod
02-18-2013, 01:24 AM
A quick way to display a really poor understanding of very simple physics is to think that we're capable of shooting down a meteorite moving at 33,000 mph.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2013, 01:46 AM
A quick way to display a really poor understanding of very simple physics is to think that we're capable of shooting down a meteorite moving at 33,000 mph.

even if you have anything going opposite direction waitin to hit on impact, whatever we shoot that can reach the speed of light would probably be moving further away from the meteor b4 it reaches the destination that was expected to hit...

MannyIsGod
02-18-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm not even talking about hitting it. I'm talking about stopping it. That thing produced a shock wave that a good sized nuclear weapon would produce simply because it was moving so god damn fast. LOL @ an average SAM being able to do a thing that.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2013, 01:59 AM
even if you send a SAM to it, by the time its meant to hit that object at X/Y axis, the object has already gone pass that interception point.....the only thing that can even touch the meteor is shooting lasers at it, but then again breaking that meteor up with lasers is another question