PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: LOL Dwight Howard

Thebesteva
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
:lol "When all is said and done I want to go down as the greatest center of all time"- Dwight Howard after getting traded to the Lakers

Can this guy atleast look mildly dissapointed that he's not performing well?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDH9PpmCIAA4Cet.jpg

DPG21920
02-15-2013, 03:00 PM
By that logic, could Kobe look mildly happy when they were winning?

z0sa
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Don't you at least need a hook shot first?

jeebus
02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Coward makes Cousins look like Ghandi when it comes to maturity.

Clipper Nation
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM
He doesn't give a shit, he'll get to underachieve in Brooklyn next year and nobody will even give a shit :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
The way I see it the term "leave it all on the court" has to cut both ways. You don't have to respond to every loss with complete and utter disgust. I have no problems with guys who can separate themselves from what happens out there and keep a healthy perspective. The thing is to pull that off you have to leave no doubt that you're busting your ass as hard as anyone, and I don't get that impression from Howard any more when I watch him play.

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
He doesn't give a shit, he'll get to underachieve in Brooklyn next year and nobody will even give a shit :lol
Not that I care, but with this new CBA, he can't. Why? Because they are over the cap. He can go there two ways:

1) If BKN sheds salary to get under the cap by the end of this year
2) Sign with BKN for the MLE - meaning he would potentially leave millions on the table

Those are the only two ways I see him as a Net next year.

I could, however, see CP3 signing with the Lakers this offseason for the max. But that's off topic for this thread. :downspin:

DPG21920
02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Not that I care, but with this new CBA, he can't. Why? Because they are over the cap. He can go there two ways:

1) If BKN sheds salary to get under the cap by the end of this year
2) Sign with BKN for the MLE - meaning he would potentially leave millions on the table

Those are the only two ways I see him as a Net next year.

I could, however, see CP3 signing with the Lakers this offseason for the max. But that's off topic for this thread. :downspin:

And not to be one of those pretentious internet basketball fans, but there is so much wrong in this post:

1) Potentially leave millions on the table if Dwight takes an MLE offer? :lol, Dwight, even if he signs a max offer from another team that is not LA, will be leaving 30M on the table roughly. Signing an MLE offer is not potentially leaving millions on the table, it's undoubtedly leaving a sh*t ton of millions on the table. :lol

2) He could be traded to BKY.

3) You can't see CP3 signing a max offer with the Lakers because they don't have the cap space nor could they realistically.

Riddler
02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Dan Woike @DanWoikeSports (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports) Dwight Howard said having fun on the court makes him happy, and that right now, he's not having as much fun as he used to.

:lmao

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
And not to be one of those pretentious internet basketball fans, but there is so much wrong in this post:

1) Potentially leave millions on the table if Dwight takes an MLE offer? :lol, Dwight, even if he signs a max offer from another team that is not LA, will be leaving 30M on the table roughly. Signing an MLE offer is not potentially leaving millions on the table, it's undoubtedly leaving a sh*t ton of millions on the table. :lol

2) He could be traded to BKY.

3) You can't see CP3 signing a max offer with the Lakers because they don't have the cap space nor could they realistically.

The only way he goes to BKN is if he signs for the MLE because they are over the cap. I've already alluded to the fact that he would be leaving millions on the table - everyone knows he won't do that. Whether I say millions or "sh*t ton of millions" is irrelevant. My point remains.

And although my CP3 post was tongue in cheek, don't think the Lakers can't sign him if he is available. They've proven that the cap doesn't mean much. Remember, they only have $78M on the books next year, and technically only Nash's paltry $9M the year after that. To say the Lakers don't have a chance at CP3 is preposterous.

midnightpulp
02-15-2013, 08:13 PM
The only way he goes to BKN is if he signs for the MLE because they are over the cap. I've already alluded to the fact that he would be leaving millions on the table - everyone knows he won't do that. Whether I say millions or "sh*t ton of millions" is irrelevant. My point remains.

And although my CP3 post was tongue in cheek, don't think the Lakers can't sign him if he is available. They've proven that the cap doesn't mean much. Remember, they only have $78M on the books next year, and technically only Nash's paltry $9M the year after that. To say the Lakers don't have a chance at CP3 is preposterous.

I don't think CP3 would mesh well with Kobe. And I'm simply talking from a basketball philosophy point-of-view here. Kobe is most effective when he can dominate the ball and control the offense. When he's forced to "play off" another ball dominant player, e.g. Nash, the entire offense suffers. Notice how the Lakers went away from Nash as the primary ball handler in favor of "Kobe Johnson?" Players like Paul and Nash work best alongside 2 guards who are either slashers (which Kobe isn't at this stage of his career) or spot-up shooters.

As much as I ragged on him, Sessions was the best fit for the Lakers. A quick, penetrating, score first PG, who gets to the line and has a bit of passing ability, and doesn't need to be ball dominant to be effective.

Thebesteva
02-15-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't think CP3 would mesh well with Kobe. And I'm simply talking from a basketball philosophy point-of-view here. Kobe is most effective when he can dominate the ball and control the offense. When he's forced to "play off" another ball dominant player, e.g. Nash, the entire offense suffers. Notice how the Lakers went away from Nash as the primary ball handler in favor of "Kobe Johnson?" Players like Paul and Nash work best alongside 2 guards who are either slashers (which Kobe isn't at this stage of his career) or spot-up shooters.

As much as I ragged on him, Sessions was the best fit for the Lakers. A quick, penetrating, score first PG, who gets to the line and has a bit of passing ability, and doesn't need to be ball dominant to be effective.

I could of written this myself, I actually always respond like this when we get a weekly 'Stern fucked over the Lakers with that CP3 deal' thread at LG, but I get flamed and everyone says CP3 and Kobe would be unstoppable. I guarantee you guys like CP3, Magic, John Stockton would hate to play side by side with Kobe. They would be ineffective which is why Steve Nash right now is invisible on these Lakers.

Guys like Steve Kerr, Derek Fisher, John Paxson, these are the kind of guys that thrive playing alongside guys like Kobe. It's not so much a knock on Kobe but it's just a reality.

irishock
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM
He could sign with Brkn for 1 year min deal and then negotiate a long term contract, would be leaving maybe 16 million on the table, and like the poster above said, it's not going to happen with Bible.

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Oh I agree (unfortunately, because I feared this even when we had CP3 until Stern swooped in and blew it up). That being said, it still would work better than the Kobe-Nash old ass backcourt because at least CP3 is serviceable as a defender whereas Nash can't guard a frozen corpse.

midnightpulp
02-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I could of written this myself, I actually always respond like this when we get a weekly 'Stern fucked over the Lakers with that CP3 deal' thread at LG, but I get flamed and everyone says CP3 and Kobe would be unstoppable. I guarantee you guys like CP3, Magic, John Stockton would hate to play side by side with Kobe. They would be ineffective which is why Steve Nash right now is invisible on these Lakers.

Guys like Steve Kerr, Derek Fisher, John Paxson, these are the kind of guys that thrive playing alongside guys like Kobe. It's not so much a knock on Kobe but it's just a reality.

:tu

DPG21920
02-15-2013, 08:40 PM

U don't get it.

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 08:42 PM
U don't get it.
Oh I do. ;)

Thebesteva
02-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh I do. ;)

Dwight's a gay fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxWzqChvfo

Latarian Milton
02-15-2013, 08:59 PM
solid points. just do a nash-collison swap and both teams get better

Clipper Nation
02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Oh I do. ;)

No, you don't - NBA rules don't allow the Lakers to offer more money or years than the Clippers, and we all know they can't sell him on a better team than the Clippers, so you fail :lol

Clipper Nation
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
By the way, LkrFag...

Paul Preferred Trade To Clippers Over Lakers Feb 15, 2013 9:15 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Paul_Chris_lac_121212.jpg
Chris Paul preferred a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers over the Los Angeles Lakers.

Paul was initially dealt to the Lakers in a three-way deal involving five players, but the trade was vetoed by David Stern.

"They were talking about the possibility of where I might be traded to," Paul said. "I really hoped and wanted to come here and try to build something and do things that have never been done here."

Paul compared the situation to his college choice, when he committed to Wake Forest over more storied programs such as Duke and North Carolina.

"Wake Forest beat Duke after a big game, and I was a junior or senior in high school," Paul said. "And Skip Prosser came up to me and said, 'See, we're trying to build something.' We wanted Wake to be like the Dukes and North Carolinas. Obviously we have a long way to go but that had a lot to do with why I went to Wake."

Via Arash Markazi/ESPNLosAngeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8950284/chris-paul-non-trade-changed-la-basketball)

Deal with it :downspin:

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 10:11 PM
By the way, LkrFag...

Deal with it :downspin:
He lied.

Clipper Nation
02-15-2013, 10:13 PM
:cry