PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Ford rumor: Has he signed on for 'Star Wars 7'?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
It's still Disney but Ford is good nonetheless.

Star Wars fans had a lot of questions when it was first announced that Disney was set to purchase Lucasfilm – with the intention of producing an entirely new trilogy in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. However, one of the biggest questions surrounding the future of Star Wars is where the story would go in Episodes 7-9. Would the new films continue the narrative established in the original six installments and bring back fan-favorite actors (now 30 years older) to reprise their characters or would Lucasfilm clean the slate and center the trilogy around entirely new faces?

Now, we’re getting unofficial word that Harrison Ford has signed-on to reprise his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode 7 – lending credence to hopes that the film will directly continue storylines from the prior trilogy – while introducing new characters too. Of course, if the rumor turns out to be true, it would likely mean that other high-profile casting announcements are also in the pipeline.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Culture-Cafe/2013/0215/Harrison-Ford-rumor-Has-he-signed-on-for-Star-Wars-7

Bigzax
02-15-2013, 06:07 PM
he's gonna be one old muthafuckin scoundrel!

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2013, 06:20 PM
if there will be 7-9 , should be new story imo....

TheRunningMan
02-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Harrison Ford will get this series back and running in no time. He can still bag some hotties.

TheRunningMan
02-15-2013, 06:28 PM
And I"m not talking about that skinny assed calista either.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Harrison Ford will get this series back and running in no time. He can still bag some hotties.

didnt his last indiana jones movie tanked?

CubanMustGo
02-15-2013, 07:07 PM
He was pathetic in Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull ... he will totally suck in SW7.

Latarian Milton
02-15-2013, 07:34 PM
dude is about the same age as stallone but looks like stallone's dad tbh.

Wild Cobra
02-15-2013, 07:53 PM
he's gonna be one old muthafuckin scoundrel!
LOL....

Can't wait to see that old scoundrel.

Xevious
02-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Let the story and characters from the prior six movies be IMO. Pick a new story, new characters, a new era, etc. Star Wars has a huge amount a material to draw from, a lot of it better than anything Lucas put on film.

Wild Cobra
02-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Let the story and characters from the prior six movies be IMO. Pick a new story, new characters, a new era, etc. Star Wars has a huge amount a material to draw from, a lot of it better than anything Lucas put on film.
You miss the point.

The original, secret storyline, has nine parts. Part 7 is likely a training of new Jedi, and new problems, with the previous characters for continuity.

Reck
02-17-2013, 06:31 AM
dude is about the same age as stallone but looks like stallone's dad tbh.

Working out does pay off. That nigga Ford has never taken on a project where he needs to be in shape. He's always playing average joe type characters.

Xevious
02-17-2013, 11:09 AM
You miss the point.

The original, secret storyline, has nine parts. Part 7 is likely a training of new Jedi, and new problems, with the previous characters for continuity.
I know that. But I'd personally like to see something completely different.

Wild Cobra
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I know that. But I'd personally like to see something completely different.
Not much you can do without buying the rights, is there.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2013, 05:53 PM
they could always tell another story from another galaxy...

jeebus
02-17-2013, 07:15 PM
He was pathetic in Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull ... he will totally suck in SW7.
Indy is a run and gun type of guy and even though Ford did it ok, ultimately Lucas' writing killed the movie.

I think the most Han ran in Star Wars was on the 1st Death Star to scare the stormtroopers. You ain't gotta be mobile flying the shit outta the Falcon.

MsMcGillyCutty
02-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Harrison could put his slippers under my bed anytime!

JoeChalupa
03-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Saw on Twitter that Carrie Fisher wil be back as Princes Leia. Is that old news?

cantthinkofanything
03-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Saw on Twitter that Carrie Fisher wil be back as Princes Leia. Is that old news?

Yes, Carrie Fisher is very old news.

Fpoonsie
03-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Ford's officially signed on to be in Anchorman 2.

ace3g
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Ford's officially signed on to be in Anchorman 2.

That he has:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/anchorman-2-harrison-ford-will-ferrell.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/anchorman-2-will-ferrell-harrison-ford.jpg

symple19
03-06-2013, 02:54 PM
There are a whole shitload of books that continue the storyline beyond EP 6, so it would be fucking retarded if they did indeed carry on with a bunch of geriatric actors unless they are bit/cameo roles.

Many of the books are badass and much darker than any of the movies. Hopefully they will bring in a new cast with new material that takes place beyond the timeline where the books are at presently...

However, if they do make the next trilogy within an area the print series has already covered, it should definitely be the Yuuzhan Vong invasion which takes place in this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Jedi_Order) series.

leemajors
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
There are a whole shitload of books that continue the storyline beyond EP 6, so it would be fucking retarded if they did indeed carry on with a bunch of geriatric actors unless they are bit/cameo roles.

Many of the books are badass and much darker than any of the movies. Hopefully they will bring in a new cast with new material that takes place beyond the timeline where the books are at presently...

However, if they do make the next trilogy within an area the print series has already covered, it should definitely be the Yuuzhan Vong invasion which takes place in this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Jedi_Order) series.

The only ones I ever read that were worth a shit (with some exceptions I cannot remember) were the Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn. Kevin J. Anderson sucks balls imo. I quit reading them around the turn of the century though.

ohmwrecker
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
The older characters will, more than likely, be involved in the first movie to bridge the first trilogy to the new one. it will be easier for audiences to accept new characters and storylines if they are introduced by familiar ones. It also seems like a proper way for the new regime to pay respect to the past while moving forward. Something Lucas completely failed to do.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Yes, Carrie Fisher is very old news.

Do you think Lupe Ontiveros would have been in episode 7? If so, what role!