PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Sources: Lakers, Celtics Hold Prelimary Talks On Howard-Rondo Trade

irishock
02-15-2013, 09:47 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have engaged in preliminary discussions with the Boston Celtics on a trade centering on Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo.
The potential deal has not gained any traction, and other significant pieces would need to be involved.
The Lakers have adamantly stated publicly and privately that they will not deal Howard before the Feb. 21 trade deadline.
Danny Ainge would not pull the trigger on a trade sending Rondo for Howard unless the Celtics receive assurance that Howard would re-sign with Boston in the offseason, according to a league source.

I thought he was guaranteed to not be traded?

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2013, 09:49 PM
lakers and celtics trade partners? who wouldve thought...

Clipper Nation
02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
:lol Just the thought of a Rondo/Kirby duo and a KG/Dwight duo would be hilarious.... one of those four would be crying or talking shit in the media every day, guaranteed...

irishock
02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
:lmao already giving up on Nash

jeebus
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
:lmao

Please let this trade happen

Brunodf
02-15-2013, 09:58 PM
:lolHeat

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Throw in KG, make the salaries match, then pull the trigger Mitch.

irishock
02-15-2013, 10:13 PM
:lmao Boston should throw Jason Terry in there

LkrFan
02-15-2013, 10:19 PM
:lmao Boston should throw Jason Terry in there

http://i.imgur.com/wquOA.gif

:rollin

irishock
02-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Add Terry and Artest to the deal. :lol Artest with Pierce, Kobe with Terry

NRHector
oh god please let it happen :clap

TIMMYtoZO
:lol This trade would be comedy for both teams. The Lakers have an overrated statwhore pg with a torn ACL to build with and Boston has no future guys outside of Howard. :lol at anyone thinking an old ass Boston team with a mentally weak Howard would take down Miami.

Latarian Milton
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
if the celts make JET and Rondo awailable on the trading block, dallas will or they should offer everything they have to get the deal done (draft picks, expiring shits, OJ Mayo etc...) rondo is a stat-padding fag and he's overrated but he is a real PG at least, and dallas fans want JET back :cry

spurraider21
02-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Deal is a joke. Lakers already stuck with Nash for 2 more seasons at 10 mil per. Steal for Boston

baseline bum
02-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Thought this was a straight troll thread, but it turns out to be a legit rumor:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/21710534/whats-right-for-dwight-will-lakers-deal-howard

spurraider21
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
oh god please let it happen :clap
Rondo playing with Kobe is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Kobe never really let Nash have the reigns to the offense. So rondo is going to be an off tthe ball point guard who can't shoot. At least Nash is a rreally good spot up shooter (for 10 mil rofl)

irishock
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
if the celts make JET and Rondo awailable on the trading block, dallas will or they should offer everything they have to get the deal done (draft picks, expiring shits, OJ Mayo etc...) rondo is a stat-padding fag and he's overrated but he is a real PG at least, and dallas fans want JET back :cry

Boston would probably demand Nowitzki in any deal that involves Rondo

dunkman
02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
LA looking for the post Kobe era. Rondo is a solid PG, plays D too. The Celtics have some of the best draft scouts in the NBA, and Doc is a fantastic coach. They could win a 'ship with the Pierce - KG - Dwight core and then re-built around Howard. Rondo was expandable, the C's are better without him (but will miss him in the PO's, he runs the half-court sets better then anyone).

Thebesteva
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Sources say this story is made up by an unknown right now..I personally think it's Dwight's camp preparing to poison the well so they can leave LA and claim the organization wanted to go a different direction.

da_suns_fan
02-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Rondo playing with Kobe is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Kobe never really let Nash have the reigns to the offense. So rondo is going to be an off tthe ball point guard who can't shoot. At least Nash is a rreally good spot up shooter (for 10 mil rofl)

Rondo would compliment Kobe much better than Nash has.

rayjayjohnson
02-15-2013, 11:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wquOA.gif

:rollin

i'm now convinced the size of his head is HGH

spurraider21
02-16-2013, 12:53 AM
:lol

hes more ball dominant (not a good fit) and he can't space the floor (not a good fit)

he also has a big ego (really not a good fit)

Thebesteva
02-16-2013, 01:22 AM

irishock
02-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Update:
Mitch Kupchak strongly denied the trade report in comments to ESPN's Chris Broussard.
"I haven't talked to Danny Ainge in weeks," Kupchak said. "I made the statement a week or 2 ago that we're not going to trade Dwight Howard and that hasn't changed."
Kupchak also said that he hasn't spoken with anyone else within the Celtics' organization.

BRHornet45
02-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Howard is a despicable human being. If I had the power to make it happen I would choose a career ending injury for Howard over the Pelicans ever winning a championship. this man ... I mean entitled bitch .... is a disgrace, a coward, a liar, a hypocrite, and a joke of a man.

The Celtics would be foolish to acquire this locker room cancer.

Thebesteva
02-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Howard is a despicable human being. If I had the power to make it happen I would choose a career ending injury for Howard over the Pelicans ever winning a championship. this man ... I mean entitled bitch .... is a disgrace, a coward, a liar, a hypocrite, and a joke of a man.

The Celtics would be foolish to acquire this locker room cancer.

Wow...pretty crazy that you would rather see Howard end his career than your team win it all. I'm sure you aren't serious but why all the hate? I dont like him at the moment but he was always my favorite player outside the Lakers and I had a 12 o clock boner when Lakers acquired him. This is pretty much nightmare worst case scenario what happened. Apparently, his broken back caused him to grow a vagina as well.

BRHornet45
02-16-2013, 02:20 AM
the NBA has been rigged during the playoffs for over a decade now so championships in the NBA are not as prestigious as they are in other professional sports. I still enjoy watching games for the entertainment value it provides, but you can't take it that serious because it is not a 100% legit sports competition. therefor if I had the power to decide between a career ending injury for Howard or the Pelicans never winning a championship then like I said I would choose the injury.

Thebesteva
02-16-2013, 02:25 AM
the NBA has been rigged during the playoffs for over a decade now so championships in the NBA are not as prestigious as they are in other professional sports. I still enjoy watching games for the entertainment value it provides, but you can't take it that serious because it is not a 100% legit sports competition. therefor if I had the power to decide between a career ending injury for Howard or the Pelicans never winning a championship then like I said I would choose the injury.

:( Pretty sad that I feel the same way as well. I just don't get why the NBA isn't more like the NFL? Aside from this season where alot of people speculated the NFL tried to fan that Ray Lewis superbowl victory, the NFL always has some random no story team win it all and they still make billions.

The NBA has to constantly help a team 'get there', as a Laker fan I have CLEARLY seen it work for the Lakers and against us, so I'm not complaining. But I hate it so much. The game that sticks out most to me believe it or not aside from Lakers V Kings 2002 game 6 and Celtics V Lakers game 2 2008 was a game no one talks about. Celtics V Lebron's cavaliers game 2 in 2010. Celtics were up by 20 points going into the 4th, I remember telling my friend that came over that the refs were going to do EVERYTHING they could to make sure Lebron wins this year so Kobe V Lebron happens and Lebron takes the torch from Kobe.

Man was I right, I'll never forget the Cavaliers got 5 consecutive calls, the 20 point lead was down to about 4-5 and Pierce went for a jumper and Lebron clobbered him and no call. It was SO CLEARLY obvious that the NBA wanted Cleveland to win. Alas, the Celtics made a few threes and with 1 minute left the refs starting calling a ton of fouls on Cleveland to balance out the stats. NBA has been a faggot league for a few years TBH.

Latarian Milton
02-16-2013, 02:34 AM
NBA is a sister league to WWE and im also watching it just for fun rather than anything else, but i wouldn't say DH is not good on court or that i'd rather trade an NBA championship for a career ending injury to him. im just hoping nigga will join dallas as a FA in the summer, leaving kobe the fuck alone on the sinking ship.

SpursIndonesia
02-16-2013, 03:01 AM

The Lakers might propose a basketball game played with TWO ball for the first time in history, to make that back court working. :lol

Thebesteva
02-16-2013, 03:04 AM
NBA is a sister league to WWE and im also watching it just for fun rather than anything else, but i wouldn't say DH is not good on court or that i'd rather trade an NBA championship for a career ending injury to him. im just hoping nigga will join dallas as a FA in the summer, leaving kobe the fuck alone on the sinking ship.

I may be totally wrong about this but Kobe wants away from this Laker mess ASAP. He's either going to retire next year when the Lakers fail miserably again or he may even shock everyone and ask to be traded to a contender. But the way Kobe plays at this age, there is not a single team that can benefit from his style. He wouldn't fit in with OKC, SA, Miami, or the Clippers. I knew this season was in trouble when he was talking shit in the preseason about how it's his team...guy needs to give it a rest already.

SpursIndonesia
02-16-2013, 03:39 AM

You forget the blue font, bruh. :nope

SpursIndonesia
02-16-2013, 04:08 AM

Agreed. Get Rondo, tank this season, draft well next summer, and try to get guy like Al Jefferson (forget that clown loser already).

Boston would probably demand Nowitzki in any deal that involves Rondo

Not really, i think shit like this might work for both parties:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=brsb8fn

Dallas might have to throw a protected 1st rounder, but i digress.

LkrFan
02-16-2013, 05:19 AM