PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: To Trade Bryant?

spursmartyr
02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
The Lakers should seriously consider trading Bryant if they're not going to make the playoffs this season and instead begin rebuilding by getting some nice picks and young players back.

NRHector
02-16-2013, 01:44 PM
he can't be traded

irishock
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Sells more merchandise than any other active NBA player.

spurraider21
02-16-2013, 01:53 PM
no trade clause
/thread

Venti Quattro
02-16-2013, 01:54 PM
God damn, some of you need to read up before making threads.

Juggity
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Sells more merchandise than any other active NBA player.

Is selling merchandise more important to a franchise like the Lakers than winning a championship? I doubt it tbh

da_suns_fan
02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
As if Kobe wouldnt waive his no trade clause.
i
The real problem is he makes 30 million dollars and the list of teams he would probably approve a trade to probably dont want him.

td4mvp2k
02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
They should trade him for a player who doesnt lose to the Clippers... :lol

Clipper Nation
02-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Setting aside the no-trade clause, I can't think of a single team that would want his contract or a single contender that would have any use for him....

Fabbs
02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Since we constantly reminded the NBA is a business before anything else, the q becomes could Kirbys bullshit marketing bonanza continue to have sheeploads of buyers should he join another team? Now it's global sheeploads. It could, and certainly some owners would be glad to take potential profits made by having Kirby in their employ.

Now, is it going to match the bullshit marketing level he has reached with Lakerdom? Most likely no.
But could he be spun, pachaged and spun some more on a new team? Perhaps with Sternies continued influence.

It's possible. Probably no way he gets traded but it's possible.

Brunodf
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM
no trade clause/sell tickets/nobody is taking that 30mil contract

irishock
02-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Is selling merchandise more important to a franchise like the Lakers than winning a championship? I doubt it tbh

Yeah, you're right. Let's not make 8 digits USD in China anymore.

Seventyniner
02-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Then we should do a PTI oddsmakers-style question. What are the chances the Lakers amnesty Kobe at some point?

I'll go 1%. That's only if ownership suddenly starts caring about money, and only if they re-sign Dwight or sign-and-trade him for other big, long-term salary.

Juggity
02-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, you're right. Let's not make 8 digits USD in China anymore.

Are you saying earning potential > championships for the Buss family? I'm sure Lakerfans will be pleased to hear this news.

Arcadian
02-16-2013, 03:24 PM
:lol Wow, this really epitomizes the degree of shitness the lakers have achieved. No one is safe from questioning. Not even their best player. :lol Faggots.

Latarian Milton
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
nigga has no trade clause but it doesn't mean he cannot be traded if the team gets his consent imho. im guessing if DH and _'antoni both stay in LA there will be a good chance that kobe would want to leave tbh

irishock
02-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Are you saying earning potential > championships for the Buss family? I'm sure Lakerfans will be pleased to hear this news.

Are you saying the Lakers win the title if they trade Bryant?

Juggity
02-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Are you saying the Lakers win the title if they trade Bryant?

Nope, but they won't win it with him either.

HarlemHeat37
02-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Kobe has the biggest cult following in sports, he's a cash cow for the Lakers, trading him or amnestying him would be a poor decision from a financial perspective..

Even from a basketball perspective, losing Kobe wouldn't make them better, it's not as if they have a prospect being held back and waiting to break out..

The Lakers fanbase would riot, tbh..Al-Quobe members would literally lick every hair on Kobe's balls if his groin was itchy, tbh..

irishock
02-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Nope, but they won't win it with him either.

Exactly. So why'd they get rid of Bryant if they aren't in a position to win it anyways? Would you choose to not make an extra 8 digits USD annually from his jersey sells worldwide? It's not like trading Kobe = a championship.

ffadicted
02-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Between his clause, his age, his value outside the game, his contract, his history with the team and his actual skill, Bryant is probably the most untradable player in the NBA

Kidd K
02-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I started saying this a couple seasons ago when I predicted the Lakers would lose to the Mavs in round 2, but it applies even more today than it did then: The Lakers will not win another title as long as Kobe Bryant is on the team.

He used to be a great player, but recently has just become a cancer like the rest of the "volume scoring" primadonnas, most of which who never won anything (McGrady, Carter, Iverson, Stoudemire, etc). Bunch of fuckin idiots who have managed to convince themselves that their points, even at the expense of the rest of the team's offense, are somehow worth more and more neccessary than ANY points the rest of his team gets. Also, defense "doesn't really matter" at all unless it's the end of the game and it's close. "Dwight Howard in disbelief at Kobe's lack of defensive rotation" :bang

PingPong
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Kobe has the biggest cult following in sports, he's a cash cow for the Lakers, trading him or amnestying him would be a poor decision from a financial perspective..

Even from a basketball perspective, losing Kobe wouldn't make them better, it's not as if they have a prospect being held back and waiting to break out..

The Lakers fanbase would riot, tbh..Al-Quobe members would literally lick every hair on Kobe's balls if his groin was itchy, tbh..

I'm not sure. Le Bron is the hyped guy right now. And nobody will be an issue for the marketing machine of the NBA and Lakers.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2013, 05:49 PM
go back upstairs OP...gtfo

Sportstudi
02-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Just out of curiousity, who else has a no-trade-clause besides Kobe and Dirk?

hater
02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Kobe still sells tickets wherever he goes and holds the key to the Asia market which makes US market look like a used toilet

Kobe is the king of the NBA when you take the world in consideration and no other player comes close

so no. you don't trade that guy even if it costs you a few championship years

Sportstudi
02-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Kobe still sells tickets wherever he goes and holds the key to the Asia market which makes US market look like a used toilet

Kobe is the king of the NBA when you take the world in consideration and no other player comes close

this

Thebesteva
02-17-2013, 06:08 PM
this

Lebron cant be marketed world wide because the Asian's dont like a man who let his teammate double penetrate his own mother. Asian culture is very strict on that stuff TBH.

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
^ Terrible, tbh..

Lefty just shook his head..

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Lebron cant be marketed world wide because the Asian's dont like a man who let his teammate double penetrate his own mother. Asian culture is very strict on that stuff TBH.

fck is this?

DMC
02-17-2013, 11:50 PM
The Lakers should seriously consider trading Bryant if they're not going to make the playoffs this season and instead begin rebuilding by getting some nice picks and young players back.

Do basic reading, research, wtf ever, before you suggest some gnsf shit in the NBA forum when the nigga cannot even be traded.

DMC
02-17-2013, 11:51 PM

Elevate your game.

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Do basic reading, research, wtf ever, before you suggest some gnsf shit in the NBA forum when the nigga cannot even be traded.
like anyone gives more shit about the repetitious insult from the yellow ass of an immigrant than this all-star shit

DMC
02-18-2013, 12:06 AM
like anyone gives more shit about the repetitious insult from the yellow ass of an immigrant than this all-star shit

I'd bet money that your ass is more yellow than mine, and that you have a 20lb bag of rice on your kitchen floor, and that you're fatter than most of your family.