PDA

View Full Version : Nets: D-Will: Slump, or done?

rayjayjohnson
02-17-2013, 03:59 AM
At Utah he was one of my favourite players in the NBA. Legitimate case for being #1 PG, big, strong, Nash-like eye for the pass and an above-adequate jump shot.

Even when he went to Jersey he was still a quality player. I saw him in person play the Clippers at Staple on MLK day last year and there were times in that game where I was just plain in awe. He could make that dog shit team look at least halfway decent playing 1 on 5. I remember that game at MSG last year where he pretty much ruptured Lin's colon in one of the most underrated statement games by any player.

wtf has happened? I'm concerned that being this god-awful for this long doesn't bode well for him getting back to the top, which, imo, is where he does belong.

Thoughts? Is this just an elongated slump, or is he now entering the Amare zone?

Venti Quattro
02-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Needs to go on a diet.

rayjayjohnson
02-17-2013, 04:02 AM
Needs to go on a diet.

true. hey, if felton can...

DwayneSchintzius
02-17-2013, 04:06 AM
true. hey, if felton can...

hes as fat as you are a faggot

Venti Quattro
02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Nigga is playing for HOVA, one of the NBA's best owners. He should shape up before an entire mixtape dedicated to how shitty and fat he is becomes the next top-selling Jay-z hit.

Splits
02-17-2013, 04:13 AM

Please mail Bob Bass some hair clippings from the grave.

racm
02-17-2013, 04:14 AM
Nigga is playing for HOVA, one of the NBA's best owners. He should shape up before an entire mixtape dedicated to how shitty and fat he is becomes the next top-selling Jay-z hit.

Pretty sure sucking up to the Illuminati's not on DWill's agenda, tbh.

I think this is a case of "not giving a fuck because I got a shiny fat contract" from him.

DwayneSchintzius
02-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Please mail Bob Bass some hair clippings from the grave.

i have returned to cleanse ST

rayjayjohnson
02-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Felton? Well, he's not any more, so I guess that makes you a fuckwit

rayjayjohnson
02-17-2013, 04:58 AM
1% owner...

racm
02-17-2013, 05:50 AM
1% owner...

1/15 of 1 percent

Tuddy
02-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Injured. Back next year after surgery

Latarian Milton
02-17-2013, 06:30 AM
he can revive his career somewhere else imho. nigga needs the right material to play p'n'r with him (like the prime boozer in Utah), but his p'n'r game is nowhere to be found in jersey when their best PF is reggie evans :lmao. he's still a solid player to say the least, but it's hard for him to perform at a superstar level w/o pick' n roll tbh

hater
02-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Something hapened to him in turkey. Maybe to much of that plump persian pussy

Raven
02-17-2013, 06:46 AM

sorry to bother, but Turkey and Persia are not the same...

SpursIndonesia
02-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Too much anal sex with eastern european chicks over there, balkan is just in the backyard, so does southern Russia/Ukraina/Armenia, etc.

DwayneSchintzius
02-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Felton? Well, he's not any more, so I guess that makes you a fuckwit

still a fatass, stupid fuckin denver faggot fan

rayjayjohnson
02-17-2013, 02:05 PM
still a fatass, stupid fuckin denver faggot fan

wow, you're really taking fools to task.

yawn.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Son, DWill was already on a Jay-Z hit.... who did you think the crying baby in the background on "Glory" was? :lol

Leon Black
02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Should of went to Dallas bitch

timvp
02-17-2013, 03:28 PM
1. In Utah, he was playing in Jerry Sloan's system, which is literally the most point guard friendly offense in NBA history. Even more friendly than D'Antoni's SSO. Under Sloan, the point guard is literally the central figure in every play. Sloan doesn't have isolation plays in his playbook. Hell, his playbook consists of about seven or eight plays, with each play having two or three variants depending on what the defense is doing. With Sloan, he doesn't even bother holding film sessions because their gameplan is to simply execute the few plays they have to perfection. It's an old school style of coaching ... but it worked and it can turn point guards into superstars. (Not to take much away from Stockton but it's not like he would have been in assist king in any ol' system.)

2. D-Will has always been a bit of a drama queen/whiner. Even going back to his college days. But Sloan would bench his azz when he tried to do his eye-rolling BS or was in any way disrespectful to his teammates or coaches. But since D-Will coach-killed Sloan, he's been untouchable. AJ had to bend over and allow D-Will to do whatever he wanted because the Nets were desperate to keep him around. Brooklyn let call the shots and now it's too late to reel him back in.

3. He's deceptively old. D-Will will be 29 come next season. This is around the age PGs historically fall off. He obviously doesn't take care of his body so it's not surprise at all that his play has plummeted. He was never a great athlete to begin with, add 20-30 pounds of blubber and it's reasonable that he could go from "athletic enough" to "unathletic" in his late 20s.

4. The Nets current offense is the polar opposite of Sloan's offense. D-Will begged for Joe Johnson even though Iso Joe *gasp* needs tons of isolation plays to be effective. Brook Lopez needs post up. Gerald Wallace needs to freelance. None of that fits into what made D-Will so successful in Utah.

SpursIndonesia
02-17-2013, 06:25 PM
DWill, the anti Parker, big PG who got bigger because of being undisciplined, coach killer, unrespectful to teammates, no passion to get better after getting that big contract, but (so far) not banging teammate wife. :D

Baseline
02-18-2013, 01:17 AM
At Utah he was one of my favourite players in the NBA. Legitimate case for being #1 PG, big, strong, Nash-like eye for the pass and an above-adequate jump shot.

Even when he went to Jersey he was still a quality player. I saw him in person play the Clippers at Staple on MLK day last year and there were times in that game where I was just plain in awe. He could make that dog shit team look at least halfway decent playing 1 on 5. I remember that game at MSG last year where he pretty much ruptured Lin's colon in one of the most underrated statement games by any player.

wtf has happened? I'm concerned that being this god-awful for this long doesn't bode well for him getting back to the top, which, imo, is where he does belong.

Thoughts? Is this just an elongated slump, or is he now entering the Amare zone?

Hate to break it to you, but your boy is just extremely overrated. The fact that he was drafted before Chris Paul will go down as an all-time bonehead move. He played in a Utah system that had already been perfected by Stockton and Malone, and one that played to DWill's only strength, which is the pick n roll. This is such a good system that it got Carlos Boozer grossly overpaid by the Bulls. Then the Nets followed suit and did the same thing, but it was even more stupid because they didn't have the personnel to accomodate a pick n roll PG. Obviously Dwight never ended up there, so the strategy of paying DWill that much money has proved to be idiotic.

He's really just a bounce-happy PG whose body is just too big to get by the quick little guards that the NBA is filled with these days. He also carries the ball on every single possession, with his high dribble and crossover, where his hand is literally underneath the ball. So in addition to being overrated, he has the ugliest game in the entire NBA.

I will give him this...he handled things in his best interest, with complete disregard for the needs of both Utah and the Nets. So as a bsinessman, I give him props. He knew the Nets would give him max money, and they did.

But if I'm the Nets, I have to face this fact: Dude got paid, and he's mailing it in. I don't see the guy getting any better. With young guards like Kyrie Irving and Jrue Holiday now getting all-star bids ahead of him, we'll see what dude is really made of.

My hunch is that he's made of a substance that comes from a Pillsbury tube.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2013, 01:22 AM
maybe that cockjuice in turkey has run out for him, the same product turgoglue caught using..

DMC
02-18-2013, 01:26 AM
DWill is still a good player. He's a loser though. He got fucked up when the Nets made him their franchise player. It went to his head. If he just accepted that he's a scoring PG he'd be better.

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 01:41 AM
DWill is still a good player. He's a loser though. He got fucked up when the Nets made him their franchise player. It went to his head. If he just accepted that he's a scoring PG he'd be better.
if you just let him go iso, like how he's being used in brooklyn, he won't be any better than what he currently is. nigga needs quality PFs to play pick and roll, and i don't think he's a scoring PG like mo williams who has no play making ability to speak of. Deron just not a good fit for the type of game brooklyn plays imho