PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow: Iraq WMD Fraud Exposé Will Cause “Political Upset”

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Rachel Maddow is looking to ruffle feathers, going where Obama or Congress wouldn’t dare to tread, in publicizing the “deceptions” of the Bush Iraq Team which launched a long and costly war.

Because of a ten year mainstream media whitewash, it’s been generally accepted that “mistakes” resulted in a war that claimed over 4,800 US troops. But this week, MSNBC will rock the boat, suggesting false pretenses took us to war, meaning the nation should start debating consequences.

Rachel Maddow is teasing there will be great “political upset” when the documentary Hubris: The Selling of The Iraq War airs on Monday Feb. 18.

If proven deliberate, the Iraq WMD intel debacle could constitute domestic and international war crimes. Someone must have had a long fight behind the scenes to get this controversy on the air because most of the facts have been readily available for years through indie media, articles (and even in drips and drabs on MSNBC). A book version of Hubris was co-authored by David Corn and Michael Isikoff in 2007.

Perhaps most striking is the way most media has ignored Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, a top level Bush administration insider who has offered to testify directly against Dick Cheney and others. So what actionable allegations will Maddow present?

Plamegate was just one WMD related scandal resulting in conviction. Scooter Libby lied to investigators, taking the fall for Vice President Cheney before receiving a pardon from President Bush. But that story is old, so what’s new, what’s different?

http://my.firedoglake.com/amerigus/2013/02/17/rachel-maddow-iraq-wmd-fraud-expose-will-cause-political-upset/#comments

Wild Cobra
02-18-2013, 07:03 AM
So...

How many people are going to catch this madcow disease?

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 07:18 AM
So...

How many people are going to catch this madcow disease?
Nothing like a lame pun to discredit a Rhodes scholar. As big a lefty as she is ideologically, she's a pretty damn good and uncommonly honest investigative journalist. Whether the same can be said for the documentary she's plugging remains to be seen, I guess.

Wild Cobra
02-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Nothing like a lame pun to discredit a Rhodes scholar. As big a lefty as she is ideologically, she's a pretty damn good and uncommonly honest investigative journalist. Whether the same can be said for the documentary she's plugging remains to be seen, I guess.
I'm sorry, but if you think she's honest...

Mancow...

You have it bad for her...

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 07:22 AM

Mancow...

Hurk hurk hurk...

Th'Pusher
02-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Mancow...

Provide a specific example of Rachel Maddow being dishonest.

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
WC's ideologies and policies and politicians get bitch slapped every night by RM, so she's "dishonest".

TeyshaBlue
02-18-2013, 10:11 AM
herp derp!.

SA210
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Maddow is one of the VERY few I can stomach on msm tv. She is very good, problem is she didn't do much drone stories, NDAA, etc during election time when it really mattered, and she hardly speaks on those issues when she is on someone else's panel when they are talking Obama up as some kind of hero. Does a great story, then fades away. Be consistent. Not politically convenient. But yes she can be very good sometimes. After what MSNBC did to Cenk Uyger, I guess she has to hold back.

DarrinS
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm glad Rachel is doing this "exposé". Fresh material. From the network played a 20-minute loop of Marco Rubio drinking bottled water, a.k.a. "watergate", I expect fair and objective reporting.

Seriously, hasn't this been covered?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/bushswar/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
After what MSNBC did to Cenk Uyger, I guess she has to hold back. This is pretty much it. Since Fox News is MSNBC's business model, it shouldn't be surprising that they put the gag on narratives that make Democrats look bad -- particularly at election time.

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm glad Rachel is doing this "exposé".

She's not -- it's somebody else's film/book.

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
she's exposing the exposé

Cheney in Chains will make a great hit song!

TeyshaBlue
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
she's exposing the exposé

Sung to the tune "Chain of Fools" no doubt.:lol

DarrinS
02-18-2013, 10:50 AM
She's not -- it's somebody else's film/book.

Fair enough -- just pointing out that this is a fairly worn path.

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM

No argument here. If there is actual, damning proof of the administration's dishonesty in making the case for the war as opposed to the persuasive-but-unsubstantiated suspicions we're accustomed to, however, it will be pretty news-worthy, and it will turn Washington into as big a partisan grudge-match as we're likely to see in our lifetimes.

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren is able to do something similar to Obama/Geithner's likely collusion with Wall St. banks and insurers... woman has more balls than the rest of the Senate put together.

SA210
02-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren is able to do something similar to Obama/Geithner's likely collusion with Wall St. banks and insurers... woman has more balls than the rest of the Senate put together.

I hope so too

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 11:10 AM

not by the MSM or DC. They all have vested interest in maintaining the huge LIE that The Establishment Corporatocracy is infallible, to be trusted implicitly, is good for ALL of us.

sjacquemotte
02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
This isn't honesty. This trying to bring something up that takes away from all Obama is doing wrong. Whatever keeps her from reporting about the economy, gitmo, eroding rights of Americans, drones, spending, and anything else she attacked bush for but is giving bho a pass on.

admiralsnackbar
02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
This isn't honesty. This trying to bring something up that takes away from all Obama is doing wrong. Whatever keeps her from reporting about the economy, gitmo, eroding rights of Americans, drones, spending, and anything else she attacked bush for but is giving bho a pass on.

If you think you can depend on one news source to tell you everything you need to know, you're being dishonest with yourself -- the world is bigger and more complicated than that, and I expect you know it. We've already discussed that she isn't able to run all her stories, and the conditions which restrict her work, but those stories she does run are better-sourced than any other broadcast TV journalism I can think of. Are there more journalists to read? When aren't there?

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM

RM has been HARD on Barry for the drone murder business.

SA210
02-18-2013, 12:37 PM
RM has been HARD on Barry for the drone murder business.

Every now and again

ChumpDumper
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
This isn't honesty. This trying to bring something up that takes away from all Obama is doing wrong. Whatever keeps her from reporting about the economy, gitmo, eroding rights of Americans, drones, spending, and anything else she attacked bush for but is giving bho a pass on.Do you watch her every night?

That's the only way you can possibly make an argument about what she is NOT reporting.

Th'Pusher
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Dude. You consume the fucking blaze.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Nice to see Wesley Crusher still on the air.

Wild Cobra
02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Provide a specific example of Rachel Maddow being dishonest.
I have pointed out specific things in the past. I'm not going to look them up again.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
I have pointed out specific things in the past. I'm not going to look them up again.Actually you just said that and hoped no one would notice you never had really done it.

Wild Cobra
02-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Actually you just said that and hoped no one would notice you never had really done it.
Bullshit.

I have shown cases of her reporting incorrect in the past. I simply have better things to do with my time.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Bullshit.

I have shown cases of her reporting incorrect in the past. I simply have better things to do with my time.Like what?

Posting over and over again that you have better things to do?

I'm sure it's a very quick search on this site. Humor us.

mouse
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
I would like to hear from Wild Cobra what it is about Rachel Maddow he doesn't like before I can post a proper response.

He is usually open minded so I am curious.

boutons_deux
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
He is usually open minded

:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Bullshit.

I have shown cases of her reporting incorrect in the past. I simply have better things to do with my time.

No, you haven't and we all know that in times when a search is available to find your shit you do so. That normally backfires as we review what was said then as well but that is a different story.

You can sit there in your little girl world and play pretend that you have specifics but in big bog world we don't take your bullshit on an assertion.

Agloco
02-18-2013, 08:43 PM
WC is usually open minded so I am curious.

<rimshot>

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
iraq WMD ain't no fraud imho, towelheads even used that shit in the iraq-iran war if i remember correct. just because they were totally destroyed by US airforce before the ground troops arrived it doesn't mean they never existed imho

Wild Cobra
02-19-2013, 03:36 AM
iraq WMD ain't no fraud imho, towelheads even used that shit in the iraq-iran war if i remember correct. just because they were totally destroyed by US airforce before the ground troops arrived it doesn't mean they never existed imho
If you look at the black and white of the legal reasons, Saddam did not comply with the UN agreements he signed, in which we agreed to stop, during Desert Storm. That alone gave us all the reason we needed to go in.

Any of you actually in that theater of operation during Desert Storm? I was in communications repair, and we were part of the real deal. I will ask that unless you were at least partially involved, shut the fuck up, because you don't know shit.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-19-2013, 04:51 AM
Violating UN agreements does not mean we just get to declare war. The security council certainly did not sign off on it. It was a unilateral action.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3661134.stm

Kofi Annan at the time said it was illegal according to the UN charter.

You really should not talk to others about not knowing shit. Invoking the UN as justification for the invasion of Iraq is what is ignorant.

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2013, 05:07 AM
If you look at the black and white of the legal reasons, Saddam did not comply with the UN agreements he signed, in which we agreed to stop, during Desert Storm. That alone gave us all the reason we needed to go in.

Any of you actually in that theater of operation during Desert Storm? I was in communications repair, and we were part of the real deal. I will ask that unless you were at least partially involved, shut the fuck up, because you don't know shit.

Unless you were a General or Sec. of State in addition to your com. tech duties, you don't know shit about what actually happened either -- Saddam may have broken his UN agreements, but that would make him far from unique. The UN favored sanctions to military action, and even AFTER the worldwide support for the US following 9/11, even AFTER Powell's case for war, it took all manner of cajoling to persuade minor UN players to build the "coalition of the willing" because half of our NATO buddies told us to eat a dick after UN inspectors found no evidence of WMDs. This was just 10 years ago... shouldn't be so hard to recollect.

Nobody's disrespecting your service, man, but nobody's talking about Desert Storm, either. They were totally different wars fought under totally different pretenses.

Wild Cobra
02-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Violating UN agreements does not mean we just get to declare war. The security council certainly did not sign off on it. It was a unilateral action.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3661134.stm

Kofi Annan at the time said it was illegal according to the UN charter.

You really should not talk to others about not knowing shit. Invoking the UN as justification for the invasion of Iraq is what is ignorant.
I don't give a rat's ass who's ass you wish to quote. In my opinion, we had every right to go in, and if you think the UN is our mommy or daddy...

Wild Cobra
02-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Unless you were a General or Sec. of State in addition to your com. tech duties, you don't know shit about what actually happened either -- Saddam may have broken his UN agreements, but that would make him far from unique. The UN favored sanctions to military action, and even AFTER the worldwide support for the US following 9/11, even AFTER Powell's case for war, it took all manner of cajoling to persuade minor UN players to build the "coalition of the willing" because half of our NATO buddies told us to eat a dick after UN inspectors found no evidence of WMDs. This was just 10 years ago... shouldn't be so hard to recollect.

Nobody's disrespecting your service, man, but nobody's talking about Desert Storm, either. They were totally different wars fought under totally different pretenses.
Say what you wish. I'll bet where I was at, I knew more than most.

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Say what you wish. I'll bet where I was at, I knew more than most.
About the war we aren't talking about, yeah.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-19-2013, 06:05 AM
I don't give a rat's ass who's ass you wish to quote. In my opinion, we had every right to go in, and if you think the UN is our mommy or daddy...

You cited a legal basis and then mentioned the Un for said legal basis asserting that the noncompliance to a resolution was the justification.

Not only did the resolution not grant use of force for noncompliance but the Secretary General himself stated it was an illegal action.

Ans snackster is right on. Germany and France told us they did not support our action. IOW the international community did not support it nor did the majority of our NATO allies.

Now you say that the UN has no authority. Well no shit but all that does is further discredit your position of a legal basis.

You cannot even keep up with your own nonsense.

Wild Cobra
02-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Don't cry fuzzy. I know it's hard to comprehend. We were not bound by what the UN says or thinks.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 07:00 AM

So will madcow look into Obama unjust war in Libya?

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 07:01 AM

Man Latarian Milton THE LEFT SURE GAVE oBUMMER A pass for Fast and Furious.

boutons_deux
02-19-2013, 07:05 AM
When Maddow rapes the Repugs for lying US into wasting 5000 US military lives and a few $T, the right-wing trolls swarm like maggots out of a dead rat.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 07:06 AM
When Maddow rapes the Repugs for lying US into wasting 5000 US military lives and a few $T, the right-wing trolls swarm like maggots out of a dead rat.

So what about Obama getting us in fast and furious and getting a man killed in Libya? Both sides are crooks.

boutons_deux
02-19-2013, 07:23 AM
So what about Obama getting us in fast and furious and getting a man killed in Libya? Both sides are crooks.

False equivalence. F&F = Iraq war for oil :lol

Barry didn't lie US in to F&F, and was probably not aware of it at all.

y'all got NOTHING but fucking Fox Repug Propaganda talking points.

SA210
02-19-2013, 08:05 AM
So will maddow look into Obama unjust war in Libya?

I've been waiting too

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 08:10 AM
False equivalence. F&F = Iraq war for oil :lol

Barry didn't lie US in to F&F, and was probably not aware of it at all.

y'all got NOTHING but fucking Fox Repug Propaganda talking points.

44 Minutes Ago #48
boutons_deux if you think Barry knew nothing about f@f or Stevens getting ambushed in Libya you are driking the kool aid. I am NOT a fan of either party. Not the jackass or the elephant.

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2013, 08:56 AM
So will madcow look into Obama unjust war in Libya?

As covered above, I wouldn't hold my breath as long as she's on MSNBC.

That said... are you fucking serious? Comparing the cock-up in Libya to the shit tsunami of Iraq is like comparing a zit to Mt. Vesuvius, man.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Fast and Furious was a bad thing and I love how Barry swept it under the rug. Holder got a pardon anyway if he ratted out his boss.

SA210
02-19-2013, 09:02 AM
As covered above, I wouldn't hold my breath as long as she's on MSNBC.

That said... are you fucking serious? Comparing the cock-up in Libya to the shit tsunami of Iraq is like comparing a zit to Mt. Vesuvius, man.

It should still be covered and scrutinized, tbh. Obama did run on ending those types of war policies. War crimes are war crimes, just saying.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 09:04 AM
It should still be covered and scrutinized, tbh. Obama did run on ending those types of war policies. War crimes are war crimes, just saying.

Man we never comitted war crimes...........I know some leftist want to say Us is bad. I say go to North Korea to find out bad.

SA210
02-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Man we never comitted war crimes...........I know some leftist want to say Us is bad. I say go to North Korea to find out bad.

We are supposed to be better than bombing countries we are not at war with. Obama running aganst such policies, then doing a complete turnaround and then EXPANDING them instead, should be highly scrutinized all over the tv on the msm, and should have been during the election too. They are war crimes, we are bombing countries we have peace treaties with, killing babies and innocents with no declaration of war and even assassinating Americans now with no charges or due process. That's even going beyond Bush.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 09:15 AM
We are supposed to be better than bombing countries we are not at war with. Obama running aganst such policies, then doing a complete turnaround and then EXPANDING them instead, should be highly scrutinized all over the tv on the msm, and should have been during the election too. They are war crimes, we are bombing countries we have peace treaties with, killing babies and innocents with no declaration of war and even assassinating Americans now with no charges or due process. That's even going beyond Bush.

What Americans have been killed without due process? If they are terrorist they deserve no due process.

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
...And now with the Fast and Furious? If both sides are crooks, why are you bringing up partisan bullshit like this? I agree F&F is dodgy as hell and deserves an actual criminal investigation instead of a roomful of bloated senatorial nitwits in Brooks Brothers suits asking empty questions to arrive at nothing material. And why stop there? Obamacare and the fucking post-TARP Obama giveaways are almost certainly at the very least negligent if not epically criminal orgies of cronyism. Even so, there's still no comparison between any of that and a war that potentially killed 100,000+ (vastly more if you count the ensuing civil wars) people illegally while bankrupting both nations.

Take off the partisan goggles and be an American for a minute -- if there's proof that the war was premeditated and arrived at by deception, the people responsible have dishonored us all and made us all suffer. Who cares what fucking party they belonged to?

admiralsnackbar
02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
What Americans have been killed without due process? If they are terrorist they deserve no due process.

One day the last portrait of Rembrandt and the last bar of Mozart will have ceased to be — though possibly a colored canvas and a sheet of notes will remain — because the last eye and the last ear accessible to their message will have gone.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEf4x5ULrEc

SA210
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM

The Constitution disagrees, ALL Americans are afforded due process, regardless of your feelings toward them. And regardless of what the lying White House tells us. They have not provided proof that these AMERICANS were terrorists or planning to attack us, they refuse to show proof.

Link: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209087 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209087)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyze77O0j8

And the worst one was the 16 year old from Colorado that was NEVER accused of ANY crime at all, simply killed because they didn't like his father. They killed him in a non combat zone eating dinner with his cousins. No crime, never accused of a crime, and definitely not any kind of threat, especially not imminent.

Link: http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-boy-named-adam.html (http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-boy-named-adam.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MwB2znBZ1g

Obama is a mass murderer, a war criminal, has committed treason, and belongs on trial, impeached, and should be on his way to prison, same as Bush and Cheney.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2013, 10:01 AM

So basically you're saying the government gets to circumvent due process by labeling anyone they please as a terrorist?

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
The Constitution disagrees, ALL Americans are afforded due process, regardless of your feelings toward them. And regardless of what the lying White House tells us. They have not provided proof that these AMERICANS were terrorists or planning to attack us, they refuse to show proof.

Link: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209087 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209087)

Gibbs what a paid liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyze77O0j8

And the worst one was the 16 year old from Colorado that was NEVER accused of ANY crime at all, simply killed because they didn't like his father. They killed him in a non combat zone eating dinner with his cousins. No crime, never accused of a crime, and definitely not any kind of threat, especially not imminent.

Link: http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-boy-named-adam.html (http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-boy-named-adam.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MwB2znBZ1g

Obama is a mass murderer, a war criminal, has committed treason, and belongs on trial, impeached, and should be on his way to prison, same as Bush and Cheney.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
So basically you're saying the government gets to circumvent due process by labeling anyone they please as a terrorist?

If you in another country aiding the enemy and a American you lost your dam rights.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
If you in another country aiding the enemy and a American you lost your dam rights.

Where in the constitution does it grant this exception to due process?

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=DUNCANownsKOBE;6370002]Where in the constitution does it grant this exception to due process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFIZQTM8r0k

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Solid counterargument. A Tech N9ne song :tu

SA210
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM

What did the 16 year old American boy do wrong? I'd like to see the proof or even the accusation. Besides the one Gibbs gave that he should have had a better father.

Remember, it was a separate attack 2 weeks later after his American father was murdered without due process.

Rand Paul would like to know about the 16 year old too. Go to the 7:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ECfPGiDy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pOUFHTN1G4

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Solid counterargument. A Tech N9ne song :tu

In all seriousness I agree rights need to be protected. Madcow is not a credible source to do it.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
In all seriousness I agree rights need to be protected. Madcow is not a credible source to do it.Why do you not find her credible?

Blake
02-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Can anyone name the last president that hasn't committed this type of mass murder?

clambake
02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Why do you not find her credible?

cuz she's not on fox, silly.

SA210
02-19-2013, 02:11 PM
In case you missed it last night, here is the documentary Hubris. You can watch it on MSNBC's site

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/19/watch-hubris-documentary/

boutons_deux
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM
"If you look at the black and white of the legal reasons, Saddam did not comply with the UN agreements he signed, in which we agreed to stop, during Desert Storm. That alone gave us all the reason we needed to go in."

If that were sufficient, why did dubya/dickhead/rummy/perle/connie have to tell lies about yellowcake, mobile weapons labs, aluminum tubes, curveball, Saddam-AQ?

"Saddam did not comply with the UN agreements"

which justified punishing him with 5000 dead US military and US $Ts wasted?

SA210
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Was just able to finish watching it. Fucking murderous scumbags. And yet we have a President who continues the murderous policies expanding it to killing Americans citizens, and then protecting these assholes from what they did as well. People need to start getting real and let go of their loyalty to corrupt parties.

Latarian Milton
02-19-2013, 09:10 PM
you can't find an evidence to justifiy the war because it was indeed a blunder and the government didn't expect in the first place that the war would've lasted that long and cost that much. you have every right to impugn their initial motives but it doesn't make much sense to blame anyone when the war is already done tbh.

i never support any war because shit would cost big and it's all taxpayer money, not because i think it's a sin or guilt to kill so many "innocent" iraqis or to overturn a government that didn't seem to have any WMD. i bet there were more iraqis killed by saddam during his dictatorship that lasted 3 decades something, than those who lost their lives in the iraq war started 2003. saddam's government had been funding those terrorist organizations like taliban and hamas, and you can't ensure there wouldn't have been another 9/11 attack in the past decade with saddam staying in power.

spursncowboys
02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
In all seriousness I agree rights need to be protected. Madcow is not a credible source to do it.
You realize you're debating with a 23 yr old kid who's never had a job, paid taxes, or mowed a lawn right?

boutons_deux
02-19-2013, 09:39 PM
it was indeed a blunder

:lol bullshit. dickhead/rummy/perle/connie/feith/etc KNEW EXACTLY what they were doing, GOING AFTER THE OIL.

mouse
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Can anyone name the last president that hasn't committed this type of mass murder?

Al Gore

mouse
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
:lol

I debated him about Evolution he was maybe the only one who actually took my evidence serious and commented on him not having all the facts.

So keep that in mind next time you all decide to cyber rape Wild Cobra like he's Jody Foster in the movie The Accused.

CMM2nnRLkl4

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 10:11 PM
cuz she's not on fox, silly.

No just she lets her bias show.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 10:12 PM
You realize you're debating with a 23 yr old kid who's never had a job, paid taxes, or mowed a lawn right?

Obama generation.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
No just she lets her bias show.So no examples at all, just bullshit.

mouse
02-20-2013, 09:58 PM
No just she lets her bias show.

Something Fox has never done.

SA210
02-21-2013, 07:54 AM
It's mostly all propaganda, tbh.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. Every now and again there will be a decent story, for the most part they all suck, pure propaganda. They aren't news, they are a business funded by corrupt bastards.

SA210
02-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Example

Pathetic Media Outraged Over Obama Golf Secrecy, But Not Drone Assassinations (http://www.activistpost.com/2013/02/pathetic-media-outraged-over-obama-golf.html)

Youtube - TYT (http://youtu.be/Dw4UKvGogdQ)

The White House Press Corps is finally standing up to the president on his transparency...over a golf game with Tiger Woods. What about real news?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4UKvGogdQ

:lmao when Cenk says to the msm, "You suck at your jobs!"

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
People like to pretend everything is OK.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
:lol sean Jacquemotte making more stuff up about me
:lol can't get me out of his tiny little war-obsessed head
:lol zionist mercenary
:lol can't talk shit to me anymore about college or the job I have, so he's resorted to wind-shield wiper smack

sjacquemotte
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
:violin

boutons_deux
02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
The United States of Aftermath
The roots of the Iraq war trace back to the founding in 1997 of a Washington DC think-tank called The Project for a New American Century (PNAC).

The core mission of PNAC was to establish what they called "Pax Americana" across the globe. Essentially, their goal was to transform America, the sole remaining superpower, into a planetary empire by force of arms. A report released by PNAC in September of 2000 entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses" codified this plan. Author Norman Podhoretz, a PNAC signatory, quantified the other aspect of the PNAC plan in the September 2002 issue of his journal, "Commentary." In it, Podhoretz noted that the Mideast regimes "that richly deserve to be overthrown and replaced, are not confined to the three singled-out members of the axis of evil. At a minimum, the axis should extend to Syria and Lebanon and Libya, as well as 'friends' of America like the Saudi royal family and Egypt's Hosni Mubarak, along with the Palestinian Authority, whether headed by Arafat or one of his henchmen." At bottom, according to Podhoretz, war against Iraq was about "the long-overdue internal reform and modernization of Islam."

PNAC was the driving force behind the drafting and passage of the Iraqi Liberation Act in 1998, a bill that essentially turned their desire for war into American law. PNAC funneled millions of taxpayer dollars to a group called the Iraqi National Congress, and to the man they intended to be Iraq's heir-apparent, Ahmed Chalabi, despite the fact that Chalabi was sentenced in absentia by a Jordanian court to 22 years in prison on 31 counts of bank fraud. Chalabi and the INC gathered support for their cause by promising oil contracts to anyone who would help overthrow Saddam Hussein and put them into power in Iraq.

the members of PNAC - once on the outside looking in - soon found themselves walking the halls of power and holding positions of enormous influence. Among these members were Vice President Dick Cheney; Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's chief of staff; Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; Undersecretary of State John Bolton, who also served as America's ambassador to the UN; and Richard Perle, chairman of the powerful Defense Policy Board.

Maddow and her friends in the "news" media will, in the coming weeks, give us their various interpretations on how it came to happen, but none of them will bother to delve into the question of why it happened. The answer to that is too simple, and cuts too close to the bone: the war in Iraq cost more than three trillion dollars ($3,000,000,000,000.00) to execute. Every bullet fired, every bomb dropped, every MRE eaten, every helicopter shot down, every missile fired, every truck destroyed by an IED, every oil well guarded, every uniform worn, and every body bag filled translated into a slice of that money going to a company connected to the PNAC members of the Bush administration, who lied us into that war as an expression of their personal principles and in fulfillment of their dreams. Halliburton, KBR, United Defense, the Carlyle Group, independent military contractors like Blackwater and a crowd of American oil companies are still counting the riches they earned from their participation in the carnage.

The war against Iraq, in the end, was nothing more or less than a massive money-laundering operation that took American taxpayer dollars, soaked them in blood, and redirected them to Certain Friends In High Places. It was, as I said years ago, a smash-and-grab robbery writ large, aided and abetted by an American "news" media which had its own profit motive, and which made a nifty sum off the whole deal. Even better for them, today they get to enjoy the ratings and advertising dollars to come when they broadcast their somber "documentaries" about how terrible it all was, how many lies were told, how many mistakes were made, and all without ever looking inward at their own enormous complicity.

They say the war is over now, but Halliburton is still getting paid to "rebuild" Iraq, the military contractors are still there, bombs are still going off all over the country, the hundreds of thousands of civilians who were killed are still dead, the hundreds of thousands of civilians who were wounded and maimed are still scarred, and many of the millions who were displaced are still not home. Almost 5,000 American soldiers are still dead, nearly 40,000 more are still scarred, and the VA is utterly incapable of dealing with the aftermath.

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/14688-the-united-states-of-aftermath

Barry is WORSE than dubya, is pure right-wing bullshit.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Doesn't seem like it caused much political upset. Decently done (though the spooky music was YouTubesque), but nothing new.

SA210
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Truth bombs by Abby Martin on the msm faking war propaganda. Nothin but the facts.. :tu

Abby Martin takes a look at MSNBC's recent documentary about the lies leading up the Iraq war, and the closer look at the corporate media's complicity in selling war to the American people by highlighting multiple staged events.

Abby Martin: Media Fakes War Propaganda | Weapons of Mass Distraction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vTmsbU_tA

boutons_deux
02-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Doesn't seem like it caused much political upset. Decently done (though the spooky music was YouTubesque), but nothing new.

the vast majority of Americans are sheeple, are disaffected by the political disaster. The ones that aren't are extreme right wingers who are ALL WAR, ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE. They hate govt, but love Repug lies and misgovernance.

mouse
02-24-2013, 09:07 AM

:lmao