PDA

View Full Version : The History of the Eagles on Showtime

silverblk mystix
02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Anyone catch this?

Awesome show/documentary last night on Showtime which told the entire story of one of the greatest bands in rock history. I dvr'd it and couldn't stop watching the 3 hour plus long show last night.

Hopefully they will repeat it this month on Showtime - or go to Showtime -On Demand - if you missed it.

Anyone see this? Did you agree with Frey/Henley kicking out Don Felder? Kind of a douchey move but they had their reasons.

mrsmaalox
02-18-2013, 02:16 PM
I didn't see it but I will definitely look for it. I prefer the Eagles on individual basis rather than collectively. Frey/Henley are assholes, lost what little respect I had for them after the Felder thing. Love Tim Schmidt and Joe Walsh is the epitome of cool---- James Gang's Funk 49 is one of my top 10 tunes ever.

silverblk mystix
02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
I didn't see it but I will definitely look for it. I prefer the Eagles on individual basis rather than collectively. Frey/Henley are assholes, lost what little respect I had for them after the Felder thing. Love Tim Schmidt and Joe Walsh is the epitome of cool---- James Gang's Funk 49 is one of my top 10 tunes ever.

Not disagreeing with you regarding Frey/Henley - but I am really curious as to what your feelings are or if they change after you watch it.

I know there are always three sides to everything - but surprisingly - they allowed both sides to give their version.

Interesting.