PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers pursuing trade "to beat Spurs"

Clipper Nation
02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
http://blognbasketball.com/2013/02/source-clippers-pursuing-trade-to-beat-spurs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=source-clippers-pursuing-trade-to-beat-spurs

Get ready, Spurfan :lol

racm
02-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I see you consider Thunderefs as a mere roadblock, huh.

That said, you have a big advantage in Bledsoe whose athleticism means our joke of a backup point guard situation gets exposed. If your FO tries to trade him they just dun goofed.

KL2
02-18-2013, 06:47 PM
I really hope they get Millsap, even better if they trade Bledsoe for him. Last year Millsap was getting handled by Kawhi/Jack/Diaw, they pretty much shut him down.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I think Millsap is a smokescreen in order to hasten the KG trade, tbh...

KaiRMD1
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
lol, oh this is like the Suns in 2008, Clippers are fucked. Ya'll about to mess up your team.

whitemamba
02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
do they think millsap is an interior presence? is he going to come of the bench.. what would the situation be like?

spurraider21
02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
spurs should deal for milsap instead of jefferson or smoove. of course, provided tiago and kawhi can stay

td4mvp2k
02-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Los Angeles is still not over the beatdown they received at the hands of Gregg Popovich last year in the playoffs. The team is ready to do whatever it takes to get past San Antonio out west, even if it means losing young studs like Bledsoe and Jordan. :lol

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
clippers won't need any more trades to be a nightmare matchup to them spurs. spurs struggle against monkeyball and even though the spurs may finish above lob city come the end of regular season, the clippers will have a better odd of beating them spurs than spurs beating them tbh

racm
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
:lol

clippers won't need any more trades to be a nightmare matchup to them spurs. spurs struggle against monkeyball and even though the spurs may finish above lob city come the end of regular season, the clippers will have a better odd of beating them spurs than spurs beating them tbh

As Ralph Lawler says, Bingo. Trading their young athletic players for more fundamentally sound yet less explosive players will mean the Spurs can more easily defend them, especially since Bledsoe's their biggest edge, against a team with no real backup point.

Cry Havoc
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Worked well for them last year tbh. Spurs are better this year with Tiago and Kawhi.

teddygreen
02-18-2013, 09:49 PM
"In pursuing Kevin Garnett, the Clippers front office is desperately trying to find a veteran bigman who can do some of what Tim Duncan does for ‘Pop’. He is the rock that allows them to control games in the playoffs, when halfcourt execution becomes paramount. Los Angeles needs to find a way to match San Antonio in the playoffs. Regular season wins are one thing, but the Clippers still know they can’t hang with the Spurs when the game slows down in April, May, and June."

Isn't that what Blake Griffin is suppose to be doing. Than why the heck are the Clippers giving him Max money for, to do KIA commericals.

Reck
02-18-2013, 09:56 PM
"the Clippers view only the San Antonio Spurs (and not the Oklahoma City Thunder)"

:lol thunderup

:lol everyone knows how shitty they are without the refs help.

Reck
02-18-2013, 10:02 PM
spurs should deal for milsap instead of jefferson or smoove. of course, provided tiago and kawhi can stay

Didn't Utah wanted just Tiago for Jefferson? No way do the Spurs give up 2 up and coming players for one.

I'm ok with letting Tiago go. He's so erratic and inconsistent. Spurs really dont have much time, they need to win now.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2013, 10:10 PM
lol, oh this is like the Suns in 2008, Clippers are fucked. Ya'll about to mess up your team.

Not necessarily... the right trade could be like what the Sheed trade did for the Pistons, tbh...

Latarian Milton
02-18-2013, 10:21 PM
a washed up piece of coal ain't giving them any more advantage in the playoffs imho. duncan is unique and has been playing with the team for one and well a half decades, KG is still a solid player but they made a fool of themselves if they expect him to make any instanct impact on this team tbh. they can't find any better replacements than jordan for their monkeyball system imho

LarryDavid
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I think Millsap is a smokescreen in order to hasten the KG trade, tbh...

You think KG is going to waive his no-trade clause?

Clipper Nation
02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
"the Clippers view only the San Antonio Spurs (and not the Oklahoma City Thunder)"

:lol thunderup (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35988)

:lol everyone knows how shitty they are without the refs help.
Seriously, even NBA front offices aren't impressed by the refballers, he really needs to stop hyping them up so much :lol

midnightpulp
02-18-2013, 10:27 PM
As I said preseason, Clippers are already built well enough to beat the Spurs, so they don't necessarily need to make a trade in that regard. Ultimately, I think this boils down to the Clippers being very, very uncomfortable going forward with DeAndre Jordan, who they feel might be a huge liability in the playoffs, and they're looking to exchange him with a proven NBA veteran who basically brings what DeAndre brings on the defensive end, but unlike Jordan, can shoot, pass, hit freethrows, and defend multiple positions. If that means they have to give up Bledsoe, who is gone by 14, then so be it.

midnightpulp
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
And even though the Clippers didn't mention the Thunder, KG would be a nice extra body to throw at Durant.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
And even though the Clippers didn't mention the Thunder, KG would be a nice extra body to throw at Durant.

That's an understatement.... Durant would flood the court with his tears just from KG talking shit to him, let alone guarding him :lol

freetiago
02-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Bledsoe is the biggest matchup advantage the clips have vs the spurs
his ball pressure stops the bench's offense and hes able to get wherever he wants vs all the matador defenders our bench has
if they deal him then they have no chance of beating SA
even if they get garnett, tiagos done a pretty solid job on him
it will make their defensive/rebounding even better then the top 5 it already is, possibly #1 defensive team in the league

Hoops Czar
02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Clippers are just paying respects. They're currently the better and deeper team. Spurs better come in no. 1 and hope OKC can knock off the Clips.

Latarian Milton
02-19-2013, 12:44 AM
KG would be a great acquisition for lob city if he were 10yrs younger. he's still a solid player even at age 36 but it makes me laugh imagining KG playing monkeyball alongside his nephews tbh

Mal
02-19-2013, 01:45 AM
http://blognbasketball.com/2013/02/source-clippers-pursuing-trade-to-beat-spurs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=source-clippers-pursuing-trade-to-beat-spurs

Too bad Griffin and Jordan cant shoot FTs. How else refs could help them ?

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 02:01 AM

Griffin's actually improved a ton from last year at the line, tbh... it's DJ who sucks really badly...

HarlemHeat37
02-19-2013, 02:17 AM
If Hoops Czar believes the Clippers would beat the Spurs, that's bad news for Clipps fans, tbh..his predictions have been truly awful the past 2 years, tbh..

Sean Cagney
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM

Yeah last year they matched up well too and almost went 3-0 against them if not for a Neal three off a steal! We see how that helped with the sweep in the playoffs which was quit easy if I am correct. I see your logic.
If Hoops Czar believes the Clippers would beat the Spurs, that's bad news for Clipps fans, tbh..his predictions have been truly awful the past 2 years, tbh..

He is an idiot at times.

Mal
02-19-2013, 07:19 AM

I was quite impressed with his stepback jumpers when I saw Clippers playing @NY

racm
02-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Griffin's also shooting around 66% on FTs for the season. I mean Duncan was never known to be a great FT shooter.

mercos
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Clippers can't win title as constituted. I don't think they will beat the Thunder or the Spurs in the playoffs if both teams are healthy. Much like the Spurs of the past two years, they are to reliant on their PG. That is not a good trait to have come playoff time.

Sportspolymath
02-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah Bledsoe has been a heck of a player for the Clips, surprised they want to move him.

thunderup
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Flop city fan is pretty delusional in thinking the Clips can compete with the West's elite.

Killakobe81
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM

Why so Lebron could beat them instead or Durant?

Killakobe81
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
As I said preseason, Clippers are already built well enough to beat the Spurs, so they don't necessarily need to make a trade in that regard. Ultimately, I think this boils down to the Clippers being very, very uncomfortable going forward with DeAndre Jordan, who they feel might be a huge liability in the playoffs, and they're looking to exchange him with a proven NBA veteran who basically brings what DeAndre brings on the defensive end, but unlike Jordan, can shoot, pass, hit freethrows, and defend multiple positions. If that means they have to give up Bledsoe, who is gone by 14, then so be it.

Grat points. And apparently I was right about Bledsoe even if Aminu appears not to be a total scrub. Hornets could have him as a trade chip and maybe they dont draft Rivers or at the very least they could be acquiring a vetran or draft picks for him ... No way the Clips back out of that trade if Hornets insist on Bledsoe over Aminu.

I like Bledsoe but think all the trade specualtion on him is overblown, but that should be the Pelicans feeling offers.

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Flop city fan is pretty delusional in thinking the Clips can compete with the West's elite.
:lol Thunderfaggot hoping and praying KG doesn't get traded to the Clippers

timvp
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not understanding this. Bledsoe hits the Spurs at their most vulnerable points. The Clippers bench outplayed the Spurs bench last year with almost the entire reason being Bledsoe's play. DeAndre Jordan this season has destroyed the Spurs. Yeah, Jordan might bust in the playoffs but his athleticism is really difficult for the Spurs to handle when he's playing even halfway decently well.

Then the players they are rumored to be targeting ... Garnett was terrible against the Spurs this season and Duncan historically dominates him. Ginobili can fill a highlight reel with Garnett-related punks alone. KG's best skill is defending pick-and-rolls but Parker is just too fast for him nowadays.

And Millsap? He has always done poorly against the Spurs. Last year in the playoffs he was the worst player on the court a lot of the time. The Spurs had Stephen Jackson defend him for for large stretches and he never made an impact on the series. Even when he got the ball down low, Duncan is the best I've ever seen at blocking short bigmen because he doesn't jump; he just hovers over 'em and waits for the short big to shoot it into his arms.

So, yeah, Clippers, please, please go ahead and trade Bledsoe and/or Jordan for Garnett and/or Millsap.

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
How would getting KG assure that the Clipper's will beat the Spurs? He's just KG.. Duncan will destroy him like he has historically done.

02-19-2013, 03:40 PM
clippers already beat the spurs twice earlier this season. if they can stay healthy, they should have a 50/50 shot at the spurs. the team is much improved from last year and trading away their young assets is a very short term view. they are close to being a legitimate championship team, only needing griffin to get some post moves and/or a jumpshot. looking at the brackets, the clippers should be worrying about the thunder more than the spurs.

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM
they are close to being a legitimate championship team, only needing griffin to get some post moves and/or a jumpshot.
Blake has a jump shot now and his post game is improving.... what we really need is a center who can make free throws and play in the fourth quarter, and DeAndre Jordan simply isn't that right now....

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Blake has a jump shot now and his post game is improving.... what we really need is a center who can make free throws and play in the fourth quarter, and DeAndre Jordan simply isn't that right now....

I started rolling on the floor laughing at Blake Griffin has a jump shot now :lmao
Try again

TDMVPDPOY
02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
clippers are overreacting on someshit they dont need to make a move...

spurs only beat you last season cause cp3 was playin injured, i dont see that happening again if cp3 is fit and shit

solid roster but dumb ass coach will be ur downfall....

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 07:18 PM
I started rolling on the floor laughing at Blake Griffin has a jump shot now :lmao
Try again

Try watching him play, dumbass... he's shooting more jump shots than ever before in his career (58% of his shot selection), with a higher eFG% on jumpers than ever before in his career...

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Try watching him play, dumbass... he's shooting more jump shots than ever before in his career (58% of his shot selection), with a higher eFG% on jumpers than ever before in his career...

Playoff jumpshots are different than regular season jumpshots, Spurs will be more than content to let that scrub shoot your team right out of the playoffs
Lol Clippers thinking they have a chance against the Spurs or Thunder

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:21 PM
clippers are overreacting on someshit they dont need to make a move...

spurs only beat you last season cause cp3 was playin injured, i dont see that happening again if cp3 is fit and shit

solid roster but dumb ass coach will be ur downfall....

You dont accidentally sweep somebody, sorry

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Playoff jumpshots are different than regular season jumpshots
Yes, Blake is totally going to forget how to shoot a basketball when the playoffs roll around... :lol

Spurs will be more than content to let that scrub shoot your team right out of the playoffs
Please, don't guard Griffin.... just leave him wide open on every play and get the most efficient shot he possibly can, sounds good to me... :lol

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 07:27 PM
I think Clippers have a solid shot this year at making it to the finals...they just need to be smart about this trade

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes, Blake is totally going to forget how to shoot a basketball when the playoffs roll around... :lol

Please, don't guard Griffin.... just leave him wide open on every play and get the most efficient shot he possibly can, sounds good to me... :lol

Alright dumbass, consider this, the defense is ratcheted up in the playoffs, he will be taking guarded jumpshots or open by design jumpshots that he will not shoot at anywhere near a high percentage

And how about we foul him every time he goes to the hole because we know that will result in a one or zero point trip

Clipper fan needs to gtfo, you cant talk shit, you got SWEPT, lol delusional scrubs

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
I think Clippers have a solid shot this year at making it to the finals...they just need to be smart about this trade

You think they will beat the Thunder in the second round and the spurs in the WCF, doubt it, Spurs wont let a trip to the finals be lost this year, especially to a Chris Paul led Clippers, we have to much playoff experience to let a golden opportunity (no Thunder) slip away

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 07:40 PM
You think they will beat the Thunder in the second round and the spurs in the WCF, doubt it, Spurs wont let a trip to the finals be lost this year, especially to a Chris Paul led Clippers, we have to much playoff experience to let a golden opportunity (no Thunder) slip away

Not LIKELY but they have a shot. Same way the Ravens had 'a shot' at this years superbowl but it logically seemed impossible. Same way Big Foot Silva had 'a shot' at beating Overeem. That's what makes sports interesting...on the other hand...the Lakers have NO SHOT at anything this year.

Juggity
02-19-2013, 07:42 PM

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I wouldn't bet the farm on the spurs getting to the finals. The west is full of top-tier teams and will be quite heated when the playoffs roll around.

The Clips are a good team, they beat the spurs twice this year already. Underestimate them at your own risk tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Not LIKELY but they have a shot. Same way the Ravens had 'a shot' at this years superbowl but it logically seemed impossible. Same way Big Foot Silva had 'a shot' at beating Overeem. That's what makes sports interesting...on the other hand...the Lakers have NO SHOT at anything this year.

Gotcha, the same way USA had a shot to beat the USSR, hey, you never know, miracles (i.e. injuries) do happen

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I wouldn't bet the farm on the spurs getting to the finals. The west is full of top-tier teams and will be quite heated when the playoffs roll around.

The Clips are a good team, they beat the spurs twice this year already. Underestimate them at your own risk tbh.

Yeah and the Cavs beat us twice the year we won the NBA Finals against them (4-0). So I dont take much stock in regular season results. They are not in our direct path (3 seed wont see us until the WCF) and if they somehow take out the thunder, the Spurs will not let an opportunity to play a team they swept last year slip away and prevent the drive for five

Juggity
02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah and the Cavs beat us twice the year we won the NBA Finals against them (4-0). So I dont take much stock in regular season results. They are not in our direct path (3 seed wont see us until the WCF) and if they somehow take out the thunder, the Spurs will not let an opportunity to play a team they swept last year slip away and prevent the drive for five

Why are you so sure? This isn't 2007 anymore, the Spurs are not a defense-oriented team, even if their defense has improved in the last few months.

Saying they "won't let an opportunity pass" is shortsighted. Last year, they won 20 games in a row, including 2 playoff series sweeps and were poised to head to the finals. They definitely let that opportunity slip over the course of three winnable games, which gave them no leeway in game 6 when refball took over at the end.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Why are you so sure? This isn't 2007 anymore, the Spurs are not a defense-oriented team, even if their defense has improved in the last few months.

Saying they "won't let an opportunity pass" is shortsighted. Last year, they won 20 games in a row, including 2 playoff series sweeps and were poised to head to the finals. They definitely let that opportunity slip over the course of three winnable games, which gave them no leeway in game 6 when refball took over at the end.

I just dont see a Vinny del Negro coached team, and a team with a vulnerable offense come playoff time (bad free throw shooting, executing in the half court hurts them) beating BOTH the thunder and the Spurs without injuries playing a role

spurraider21
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Heck, Tiago had his way with KG earlier in the season. If they dump Bledsoe I'm happy, and monkeyball extraordinaire deandre jordan has had plenty of success against us this year (though I'm not sure if splitter was starting those games). If those guys both leave I'm a happy man.

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I just dont see a Vinny del Negro coached team, and a team with a vulnerable offense come playoff time (bad free throw shooting, executing in the half court hurts them) beating BOTH the thunder and the Spurs without injuries playing a role

:lol GNSF

Spurs 4 The Win
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
:lol GNSF

Lol, using internet cred as an argument cuz you have no comeback, you make DeadlyDynasty look like a superstar, gtfo scrub

Bynumite
02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Keep looking for your savior flop city, as currently constructed, it's gonna be another playoff sweep at the hands of the old ass crew :lol

AaronY
02-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I'm not understanding this. Bledsoe hits the Spurs at their most vulnerable points. The Clippers bench outplayed the Spurs bench last year with almost the entire reason being Bledsoe's play. DeAndre Jordan this season has destroyed the Spurs. Yeah, Jordan might bust in the playoffs but his athleticism is really difficult for the Spurs to handle when he's playing even halfway decently well.

Then the players they are rumored to be targeting ... Garnett was terrible against the Spurs this season and Duncan historically dominates him. Ginobili can fill a highlight reel with Garnett-related punks alone. KG's best skill is defending pick-and-rolls but Parker is just too fast for him nowadays.

And Millsap? He has always done poorly against the Spurs. Last year in the playoffs he was the worst player on the court a lot of the time. The Spurs had Stephen Jackson defend him for for large stretches and he never made an impact on the series. Even when he got the ball down low, Duncan is the best I've ever seen at blocking short bigmen because he doesn't jump; he just hovers over 'em and waits for the short big to shoot it into his arms.

So, yeah, Clippers, please, please go ahead and trade Bledsoe and/or Jordan for Garnett and/or Millsap.
I gotta disagree with this. Garnett is still a top 5 or 10 defensive player in the league. His defensive +/- are always off the charts. Any team would be dramatically improved by replacing a confused retard like Jordan who cant even get on the court in the fourth quarter with KG.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Still can't beat the Spurs. Won't matter, though. Clips won't get past OKC in the WCSF.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
And now you see why we needed a trade to beat the Spurs :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I hope this makes Jordan and Blesdoe shut it down the rest of the way...Paul has no loyalty..when LA tried to get rid of Gasol - Kobe spoke out against it...this dude selling his own guys up the river....

Source: Garnett Turned Down Trade Overture From Paul Feb 22, 2013 11:31 AM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Garnett_Kevin_bos_091009.jpg Chris Paul contacted Kevin Garnett prior to the trade deadline to gauge his interest in joining the Los Angeles Clippers.
According to a source, Paul called Garnett and said that he if was open to joining the Clippers, then Paul would make it happen.
Garnett declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Clippers.
The Celtics and Clippers reportedly discussed a deal that would have sent Garnett to Los Angeles for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 03:38 PM
lol Kobe and loyalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-lpFToU9k

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Also, CP3 himself told Stephen A. Smith that the rumor was bullshit... Kool fails again :lol

Bynumite
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
CPFlop throwing teammates under the bus per par, first the Pelicans, now the Monkeys smh.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
:lol Lakerfan having the nerve to talk about teammates being thrown under buses

:cry "Ship Bynum's ass out!" :cry

:cry "Every loss is Pau's fault, not mine!" :cry

:cry "At least I don't pay the bitches like Shaq!" :cry

Bynumite
02-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Also, CP3 himself told Stephen A. Smith that the rumor was bullshit... Kool fails again :lol

You naive bitch, do you honestly expected CPFlop to admit that he wanted to trade two of his chimps for Garnett?

KG shut his fat ass down and now CPFlop is trying to save face and also preserve flop city's banana sharing, fecal throwing, lice checking chemistry.

Koolaid_Man
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
You naive bitch, do you honestly expected CPFlop to admit that he wanted to trade two of his chimps for Garnett?

KG shut his fat ass down and now CPFlop is trying to save face and also preserve flop city's banana sharing, fecal throwing, lice checking chemistry.

:lmao yep..CP3 in full fledged damage control mode...he sold his boys up the river...tried to fuck them both at the same dam time...:lol dude is foul....I hope they remember it...tried to fuck em at the same dam time --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Y39QnwRvY