PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat Rumors – DeJuan Blair Trade Possible?

armynick23
02-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Article found at sportsgather.com

The Miami Heathttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png have
finally hit their stride as they won their last seven games before the All-Star
break, but the team still needs some depth in their front court and a deal
before the NBA trade deadline could help them and give them a great shot at
winning another title.

ESPN has reported that the team is looking
at DeJuan Blair from San Antonio and the deal makes sense for several reasons.
First and foremost is Blair would give the Heat some good minutes off the bench
and a player with some playoffs experience.

The 23-year-old is playing just 14 minutes
per game for the Spurs (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531811-affordable-trade-targets-to-boost-chances-of-miami-heat-title-repeat/page/2), but still is averaging
over five points and nearly four rebounds in limited action. Blair would also
come at a cheap price, something Miami needs as they have limited options to
deal and not much money under the salary cap.

Blair would give the Miami Heat a player
that can play both forward spots and a young talent that can help the franchise
for several years and if the price is right, look for a deal between two of the
top teams in the NBA in the next couple of days.

chapnis
02-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Blair would give the Miami Heat a player
that can play both forward spots and a young talent that can help the franchise
for several years and if the price is right, look for a deal between two of the
top teams in the NBA in the next couple of days.

Um, they obviously just looked at his height and thought he must be a SF?

Juggity
02-19-2013, 12:48 AM
What does Miami have to offer? Most of their bench is trash

DPG21920
02-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Would probably be something like Blair for Rashard Lewis + 2nd round pick.

Boomersgold
02-19-2013, 01:09 AM

Mike Miller? James Jones? Both are above average shooters. I'd trade Blair for Miller straight up if that were possible.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2013, 01:12 AM

LOL BLAIR is not that good either.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-19-2013, 01:15 AM
I guess I would take Miller. Trade doesn't really make us better though. I always like Blair against OKC, I wish Pop did.

MR-Clutch
02-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Norris Cole? Not sure they have many assets the spurs would be interested in, unless it's a first round pick I suppose. Would the Spurs really want to help a team that they may see in the finals? A Blair LBJ pick N Roll would be deadly.

palangi
02-19-2013, 01:18 AM
i could see miller, jones, or lewis in the trade.

as we might be trading Sjax. we will need another SF.

could we see multiple trades?

palangi
02-19-2013, 01:19 AM
dexter pittman?

BatManu20
02-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I read in a separate article that it would be James Jones. Surely we can do a little better than that though.

KL2
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I'd be fine with a 1st round pick, they still have theirs right? The Spurs could wind up making a move on draft day, SA's and MIA's 1st could get them a better pick somewhere around 20 or maybe even lower if they throw in another player.

mute
02-19-2013, 01:36 AM
For what Blair does and what he's paid, I think we should just keep him. He's an end of the rotation hustle guy. He gets baskets here and there. We should just keep him. Unless he's packaged with Jackson or Splitter, the guy we get back for him will be at the end of the bench too. We might as well keep him since he already knows the system. And it's not like he's been awful. He's getting paid like $1 million/year. Sorry, we can't have 2 all-stars deep at every position.

Same thing with Danny Green, what more do you want from him?

Brunodf
02-19-2013, 01:40 AM
For what Blair does and what he's paid, I think we should just keep him. He's an end of the rotation hustle guy. He gets baskets here and there. We should just keep him. Unless he's packaged with Jackson or Splitter, the guy we get back for him will be at the end of the bench too. We might as well keep him since he already knows the system. And it's not like he's been awful. He's getting paid like $1 million/year. Sorry, we can't have 2 all-stars deep at every position.

Same thing with Danny Green, what more do you want from him?

Just no, if we keep him Pop will play those midget lineups

apalisoc_9
02-19-2013, 01:44 AM
I'd be fine with a 1st round pick, they still have theirs right? The Spurs could wind up making a move on draft day, SA's and MIA's 1st could get them a better pick somewhere around 20 or maybe even lower if they throw in another player.

Sounds like a great deal to me. Tbh, at this point i dont think trading blair for another 9-10 player in the rotation would do anything for the spurs..But a better pick next year would be awesome.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-19-2013, 01:47 AM
Hmmm the spurs trading with another contender? don't know about that tbh.

spurraider21
02-19-2013, 01:51 AM
First off, still laughing at the Heat getting a player "that can play both forward positions" :lmao
Secondly, we can't get Mike Miller. Salaries don't work. Miami is also expected to amnesty Miller this summer. If the Spurs really wanted Miller they'd just push for him during the offseason, not trade for him and his current MLE salary.

Third, I don't see the point of dealing Blair for a shooter like James Jones. We are jammed as it is with shooters, like Green, Neal, Mills, not to mention Manu and Kawhi also manning the wings.

If we are to take a player and not a pick, Lewis wouldn't be a bad option. Can play the stretch 4 better than bon bon tbh and is a solid rebounder for his size.

I'd prefer a pick, and a Miami first rounder could be paired with ours to push us into the lower 20's to draft a big that will replace Blair anyway.

playblair
02-19-2013, 01:51 AM
blair would dominate diaw in the finals ...............

keep blair .............

AussieFanKurt
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
blair would dominate diaw in the finals ............... bad move ...............

:lmao ban yourself

DrunkTXLabrat
02-19-2013, 02:01 AM

x2. i have a hard to speculating what the offer could even be.

battier maybe, but that requires bonner for cap requirement.

james jones or reshard lewis?... yuck!

norris cole?... yeah cause decolo, mills, and cojo really deserve a bitch slap

i can't make sense of miami's pick situation, but my best guess. basically cleveland is waiting to take the best possible miami 1st. so miami can offer their late 1st or 2nd? or philly's 1st this year. but phillys pick would have to be 15 or later.

i'm thinkin james jones and phillys 1st is the spurs interest.

Sean Cagney
02-19-2013, 02:26 AM

keep blair .............

Good lord STFU already.

ThePop
02-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Blair for Lebron straight up

Manu-20
02-19-2013, 02:49 AM
blair would dominate whataburger in the finals ...............

keep blair .............

Boomersgold
02-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Blair for Lebron straight up

Pure Genius.

chapnis
02-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Pure Genius.

Too bad the salaries wouldn't work.

apalisoc_9
02-19-2013, 03:04 AM

keep blair .............

you fcking troll

I wonder whose troll this is..

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 03:47 AM

Generally speaking, if you're a contender you should probably avoid trading with other contenders. You don't want to do anything to potentially make a future opponent stronger. At this point I wouldn't do anything that might make the Heat better. And while I'm not a major advocate for Blair, if sending him to Miami makes them in any way better then I'd rather ride his tiny contract out. Theres bound to be someone else, that won't make the playoffs, that would give a second for him.

Reck
02-19-2013, 03:59 AM
This would be a favor from Miami. I'd just take the cash.

lefty
02-19-2013, 04:14 AM
The Heat love undersized big men

jesterbobman
02-19-2013, 04:58 AM
If Blair were traded to Miami and played against us in the finals, it'd be great. Every minute he plays is a minute where LBJ or Bosh is off the court. Having them off the court is a win for us.

mountainballer
02-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Spurs will let him go for more or less nothing.
they got 4 seasons of very nice production, considerin his minimum salary.
it's their way to thank a player, to open him an option for the future.
so, if the send him to Miami, it will be for an expiring (Pittman?) and maybe the Heats 2013 2nd rounder.
information to those, who still fantasize about a 1st rounder for Blair: Miami already traded their pick to Cleveland. and the next available (2015) as well.

biskvito
02-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Get boston involved and steal fab melo, kid is going to be legit in a couple seasons

elemento
02-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Spurs will let him go for more or less nothing.
they got 4 seasons of very nice production, considerin his minimum salary.
it's their way to thank a player, to open him an option for the future.
so, if the send him to Miami, it will be for an expiring (Pittman?) and maybe the Heats 2013 2nd rounder.
information to those, who still fantasize about a 1st rounder for Blair: Miami already traded their pick to Cleveland. and the next available (2015) as well.

True, but they have a Philly 1st from the Arnett Moutrie trade. I don't think they have any interest to keep it. They are way above the tax this season and the next and any guaranteed money costs a lot to them from now on with the incremental rate.

SA could take James Jones (1.5m this season and a PO of 1.5m next) + Philly 1st for Dejuan Blair. It would make sense for both teams.

BobaFett1
02-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Norris Cole? Not sure they have many assets the spurs would be interested in, unless it's a first round pick I suppose. Would the Spurs really want to help a team that they may see in the finals? A Blair LBJ pick N Roll would be deadly.

Cole I rather have than old ass raggy Miller.

mountainballer
02-19-2013, 06:37 AM
the Philly pick is lottery protected till 2015. it's not very likely that the Sixers make the PO this year, so the pick will not arrive till draft 2014. and 2014 A LOT might change in Miami. (Lebron drops out? Bosh out as well?)
in 2014 the Heat might be very happy to own as many 1st round picks as possible for a restart. they won't trade this pick right now. (and if Sixers make the PO this season and Heat don't want to use it, it's a pretty easy task to trade that pick at draft night)

Kidd K
02-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Blair for early 2nd rounder, and I'm cool. Best case scenerio: Late 1st rounder.

Blair's gone after the season, so might's well get something for him. A pick somewhere in the 26-35 range would be great imo. Spurs can turn that shit into something a couple years from now, I'm sure. They may end up settling for something in the 36-45 range, but at least that can be used for a draft and stash. Better than getting nothing for DeJuan.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 07:31 AM
the Philly pick is lottery protected till 2015. it's not very likely that the Sixers make the PO this year, so the pick will not arrive till draft 2014. and 2014 A LOT might change in Miami. (Lebron drops out? Bosh out as well?)
in 2014 the Heat might be very happy to own as many 1st round picks as possible for a restart. they won't trade this pick right now. (and if Sixers make the PO this season and Heat don't want to use it, it's a pretty easy task to trade that pick at draft night)

I believe Miami has their own pick next year as well. I believe they traded 2011, 2013, and 2015 firsts and some seconds when acquiring Bosh and James. So with the Philly trade, they have one protected first this season and their own next season, which they can't trade until draft night 2014. This means they actually have to wait until 2016 to be able to trade their own pick (unless they get some unprotected first before then).

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Blair for early 2nd rounder, and I'm cool. Best case scenerio: Late 1st rounder.

Blair's gone after the season, so might's well get something for him. A pick somewhere in the 26-35 range would be great imo. Spurs can turn that shit into something a couple years from now, I'm sure. They may end up settling for something in the 36-45 range, but at least that can be used for a draft and stash. Better than getting nothing for DeJuan.

Honestly, I think you're smoking crack on that one. I can't see anyone giving up a 1st for him...even the 30th pick. Best case I see is a middle 2nd rounder. But then again, I don't overrate Blair. And there might be some GM that foolishly does (I'm looking at you Toronto/Charlotte/Washington). That could change everything.

racm
02-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Honestly, I think you're smoking crack on that one. I can't see anyone giving up a 1st for him...even the 30th pick. Best case I see is a middle 2nd rounder. But then again, I don't overrate Blair. And there might be some GM that foolishly does (I'm looking at you Toronto/Charlotte/Washington). That could change everything.

Fwiw fans of Eastern teams seem to be higher on Blair than Spurfan.

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Fwiw fans of Eastern teams seem to be higher on Blair than Spurfan.

Hence why I referenced Charlotte, Toronto and Washington...

Although I'm not really referring to a NEED per se, but rather a long tradition of bad decisions when I list those teams. In other words, the perfect team to overpay for a player like Dejuan.

Seventyniner
02-19-2013, 08:19 AM
I believe Miami has their own pick next year as well. I believe they traded 2011, 2013, and 2015 firsts and some seconds when acquiring Bosh and James. So with the Philly trade, they have one protected first this season and their own next season, which they can't trade until draft night 2014. This means they actually have to wait until 2016 to be able to trade their own pick (unless they get some unprotected first before then).

If they end up getting Philly's pick this summer, they would have that pick and their own pick in 2014, meaning they could trade one of them, right? Or is it that they can't trade one of those picks until they find out if they actually get Philly's 1st?

Edit: Philly's pick is lottery protected in 2013, 2014, and 2015, so since Miami doesn't know yet whether the Sixers will make the playoffs (transferring the pick to Miami), Miami can't trade its 2014 1st before draft night because it could leave them without a 1st in 2013 and 2014.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 08:33 AM
If they end up getting Philly's pick this summer, they would have that pick and their own pick in 2014, meaning they could trade one of them, right? Or is it that they can't trade one of those picks until they find out if they actually get Philly's 1st?

Edit: Philly's pick is lottery protected in 2013, 2014, and 2015, so since Miami doesn't know yet whether the Sixers will make the playoffs (transferring the pick to Miami), Miami can't trade its 2014 1st before draft night because it could leave them without a 1st in 2013 and 2014.

Yes. There are no rules preventing teams from trading their own picks on draft night, so they can definitely trade their pick in June regardless of what Philadelphia does. As far as I know, there is no way that Philadelphia's status will ever affect the Heat's ability to move their own pick during the context of this trade.

elemento
02-19-2013, 08:36 AM

Well they're 9th, only 4 games behind the Bucks. If Bynum gets back and considering how inconsistent the Bucks are, they could grab that last spot. I don't think we can rule it out. And yeah they could move the pick easily in the draft, but we're assuming here that they are interested in Blair to help them this season.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Now one thing that the Heat CAN do is trade the less favorable to their pick and the 76ers' pick whenever they get it. So if the pick was exchanged this season, they'd give it up. If it was exchanged next season, they'd give up their own. In 2015, they'd give up the 6ers' pick. And in 2016, they'd give up their own. I believe such a trade is possible under the CBA, as Minnesota is in a similar situation with their pick, Memphis' pick and Phoenix.

DapDaGenius
02-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I'll just be glad when it happens(or it's confirmed that it won't).

Strategic
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Why trade Blair for a fringe player or trade him away for the Heat's 2nd round pick, which is bound to be one of the last picks in the draft(unless they hold a higher, previously acquired 2nd round pick)? Trade Blair to a lottery team for a 2nd round pick than may actually be D League material.

cd98
02-19-2013, 10:32 AM

Blair, for all his flaws, is still an NBA quality player that has survived in the league for three years and even started on one of the best teams in the league. While he would be available next season as a free agent, he could still be attractive to a team like the Heat. They don't have a lot of money, so they need a cheap big they can bring off the bench. Blair can do the things they need him to do, namely, rebound, run the floor, and finish on Lebron's passes. And why not give up a late first rounder in a weak draft. There is no guarantee that the person they draft late will be as good as Blair, or even make it in the NBA at all. Blair, for his flaws, is still a proven commodity that a championship team would gamble on.

Now it if was a lottery team or a mediocre team, they probably don't trade for Blair. But if you are a maxed out championship level team with a weak bench, Blair could be an enticing addition for the stretch run. TBH, I think the Spurs should keep him for the added depth. Sure, he's undersized, but he is way more skilled than Baynes and can suprise people with effective games now and then. Plus, he's playing for his next contract, so he has extra motivation to play well.

rmt
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I'd rather not trade someone with almost 4 years of intimate knowledge of the Spurs' plays and the way Pop's mind works on the off-chance that the Spurs meet the Heat in the Finals. No sense in handing Spoelstra that kind of advantage. Keep Blair for added depth, and let his contract expire at the end of the year.

superbigtime
02-19-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't like idea of trading Blair for another fucking shooter. This teams deficiencies are rebounding and backup PG in order of priority.

DMC
02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
I'd take James and Bosh

loveforthegame
02-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Pop doesn't appear to trust Baynes yet. And if we trade Blair without getting some type of big back then we're screwed. We'd essentially be left with Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, and Bonner.

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Blair, for all his flaws, is still an NBA quality player that has survived in the league for three years and even started on one of the best teams in the league. While he would be available next season as a free agent, he could still be attractive to a team like the Heat. They don't have a lot of money, so they need a cheap big they can bring off the bench. Blair can do the things they need him to do, namely, rebound, run the floor, and finish on Lebron's passes. And why not give up a late first rounder in a weak draft. There is no guarantee that the person they draft late will be as good as Blair, or even make it in the NBA at all. Blair, for his flaws, is still a proven commodity that a championship team would gamble on.

That argument would only add up if he had carried some of that productivity over into the playoffs. Instead, he went from starting to 15th man when the games started to count. Besides, this is the Spurs afterall. We start Danny Green and bring Manu Ginobili off the bench. It doesn't really matter who starts...but rather who finishes. And Blair consistently was on the court at the start of the game, but on the bench in crunch time.

And regarding the Heat...yea, they could probably use him. Frankly, if you're tall (or in Blair's case, stocky), can steal some minutes in the post, and occasionally have a pulse, the Heat could use you. But I'm pretty sure I've already made several posts in this thread about how we shouldn't trade with other contenders. Although, putting Blair on the Heat would probably gut their defense to the extent that it'd actually be a bonus to us. But still, I wouldn't trade with the Heat regardless.

bus driver

keep blair .............
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lmao ban yourself

+1

DrunkTXLabrat
x2. i have a hard to speculating what the offer could even be.

battier maybe, but that requires bonner for cap requirement.

james jones or reshard lewis?... yuck!

norris cole?... yeah cause decolo, mills, and cojo really deserve a bitch slap

i can't make sense of miami's pick situation, but my best guess. basically cleveland is waiting to take the best possible miami 1st. so miami can offer their late 1st or 2nd? or philly's 1st this year. but phillys pick would have to be 15 or later.

i'm thinkin james jones and phillys 1st is the spurs interest.

forget miami picks. a miami 2nd is a low ball offer, even for blair. a philly mid/late 1st is too much, for blair alone. i'm thinkin a james jones contract dump makes the difference.

spurs can buy jones out, or not. maybe 10 day a dejaun summers,marcus landry, etc? maybe just another stretch the court 3 baller, with inside knowledge on the heat?

DrunkTXLabrat
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
dang it, strikeout fail!

cd021
02-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Would probably be something like Blair for Rashard Lewis + 2nd round pick.

I like that Lewis is one of the better stretch fours in the league (Stretching out to the 3 point line). I actually think they would move a 1st rounder simply because they move one last year to avoid paying guaranteed money.

cd021
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Pop doesn't appear to trust Baynes yet. And if we trade Blair without getting some type of big back then we're screwed. We'd essentially be left with Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, and Bonner.

To be fair to Baynes, he's only played 6 games and only in of those game where actually minutes in a competitive game.

cd021
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd take James and Bosh

Keep the dinosaur, I'll take Lebron.

cd021
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Now one thing that the Heat CAN do is trade the less favorable to their pick and the 76ers' pick whenever they get it. So if the pick was exchanged this season, they'd give it up. If it was exchanged next season, they'd give up their own. In 2015, they'd give up the 6ers' pick. And in 2016, they'd give up their own. I believe such a trade is possible under the CBA, as Minnesota is in a similar situation with their pick, Memphis' pick and Phoenix.

Wait ... What? Also if Miami trade their pick last season, they can't trade this seasons pick unless they actually have the 76ers pick or that might be what you were saying.

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM

Pop doesn't seem to trust Blair yet either.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Wait ... What? Also if Miami trade their pick last season, they can't trade this seasons pick unless they actually have the 76ers pick or that might be what you were saying.

Last season's pick doesn't affect this season. You only need to not trade consecutive future picks.

Also, Miami didn't trade their pick last season; they used their pick and traded the player to Philadelphia for a future pick. That's completely different.

Budkin
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
They have nothing to give us. Basically we would be giving Blair away.

aal04
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Could probably get Bosh for Blair considering Boshs value after asg

cd98
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Heat could give us a back up point guard and/or a first round draft pick. It would be a late round pick in a weak draft, but it would be something for a player that is leaving after this season. Miami could really use Blair off the bench.

Someone here said he would get scored on a lot. Maybe that's true. But from what I've watched of Blair, he's pretty good at stripping big men of the ball and being active and generating turnovers. Couple that with Miami's unstoppable transition game, and he could actually be a nice pick up for them.

cd021
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Last season's pick doesn't affect this season. You only need to not trade consecutive future picks.

Also, Miami didn't trade their pick last season; they used their pick and traded the player to Philadelphia for a future pick. That's completely different.

Thats where i got confused, i thought they move their pick before using it in the draft last year.

cd021
02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Could probably get Bosh for Blair considering Boshs value after asg

He got more dispected than Brandon Knight.

cd98
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
He got more dispected than Brandon Knight.

Are you referring to Parker and Paul on the court or Lil Wayne off the court?

Chinook
02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Thats where i got confused, i thought they move their pick before using it in the draft last year.

They "did." But there's a cut off on the day before the draft where teams are not allowed to trade their actual picks. Any time you hear about a team trading a pick on draft night it's actually misleading. The team is just agreeing to draft a player for another team and trade that player's rights for an agreed-upon package. That's why the Pacers are considered the team that drafted Leonard even though they almost certainly would not have if the trade didn't happen.

Keep in mind, though, that this loophole isn't what allows Miami to trade Philadelphia's pick. A team can always trade away their first for the upcoming draft, so long as they have a first in the following draft. So even if the Heat had traded their pick before draft night, they would still have been able to move this pick now. The rule prohibiting teams from trading consecutive picks is agnostic to past seasons.

For example, the Spurs can trade their first for this season even though they traded last season's first (the actual pick). But they can't trade away this year's pick AND next year's pick. They can, however, trade next year's pick along with the rights to whatever player they draft with this year's pick on or after draft night.

Seventyniner
02-19-2013, 04:54 PM
And where I had it wrong was assuming that Miami can't trade either Philly's 2013 protected pick or their own in 2014 at the trade deadline.

The Heat can trade the Philly pick at the trade deadline because they'll still have their own in 2014, but they can't trade their own 2014 pick because the 2013 pick may not be conferred until 2016. Or am I wrong about this too?

Chinook
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
And where I had it wrong was assuming that Miami can't trade either Philly's 2013 protected pick or their own in 2014 at the trade deadline.

The Heat can trade the Philly pick at the trade deadline because they'll still have their own in 2014, but they can't trade their own 2014 pick because the 2013 pick may not be conferred until 2016. Or am I wrong about this too?

As far as I know, you have it exactly right now. The only thing is that Philadelphia would give up a seconds in 2016 (along with their 2015 second), not their first.

EDIT: The Heat also can't trade their 2014 pick because they're missing their 2015 pick.

Seventyniner
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
As far as I know, you have it exactly right now. The only thing is that Philadelphia would give up two seconds in 2016, not their first.

EDIT: The Heat also can't trade their 2014 pick because they're missing their 2015 pick.

Ok, thanks. This might be a hidden downside to trading for a pick that has funky protections on it.

sananspursfan21
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Um, they obviously just looked at his height and thought he must be a SF?

it's amazing what little research these professional writers do when they go on a national type stage

CGD
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
MÍA has been linked to Blair since last summer. I could see them giving the Spurs their late first rounder for him. Spurs would be armed with two late first round picks to include in a bigger trade package. Given the lateness of MIAs pick, I can see this deal getting done.

Raven
02-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Mike Miller? James Jones? Both are above average shooters. I'd trade Blair for Miller straight up if that were possible.

not sure if serious

Obstructed_View
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
you fcking troll

I wonder whose troll this is..

If you'd just put him on your ignore list, it wouldn't matter. Also, those of us who have ignored his posts wouldn't see every time you quote one.

itzsoweezee
02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't think the Spurs would trade away a player to a likely finals opponent.

playblair
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Eric Pincus ‏ (https://twitter.com/EricPincus) I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers made a very minor trade - but I'm not really expecting much of anything

only option there for the exception is DeJuan Blair - don't know the asking price from San Antonio

Chinook
02-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't think the Spurs would trade away a player to a likely finals opponent.

I said this in another thread: You're supposed to trade for something, not trade something away. If you like what you're getting back so much that you think it's more useful than what you're giving up, you should do the trade. If the Spurs believe a pick is more valuable than Blair, it means that their opinion of Blair is really that low. If that's the case, it shouldn't matter who picks him up. If Blair is good enough to beat the Spurs, he's good enough to stay.

cd021
02-19-2013, 10:05 PM
They "did." But there's a cut off on the day before the draft where teams are not allowed to trade their actual picks. Any time you hear about a team trading a pick on draft night it's actually misleading. The team is just agreeing to draft a player for another team and trade that player's rights for an agreed-upon package. That's why the Pacers are considered the team that drafted Leonard even though they almost certainly would not have if the trade didn't happen.

Keep in mind, though, that this loophole isn't what allows Miami to trade Philadelphia's pick. A team can always trade away their first for the upcoming draft, so long as they have a first in the following draft. So even if the Heat had traded their pick before draft night, they would still have been able to move this pick now. The rule prohibiting teams from trading consecutive picks is agnostic to past seasons.

For example, the Spurs can trade their first for this season even though they traded last season's first (the actual pick). But they can't trade away this year's pick AND next year's pick. They can, however, trade next year's pick along with the rights to whatever player they draft with this year's pick on or after draft night.

Understand now. You clearly know your stuff on the subject.

cd021
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
it's amazing what little research these professional writers do when they go on a national type stage

I bet if Blair was shown this he'd laugh his ass off.

cd021
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Are you referring to Parker and Paul on the court or Lil Wayne off the court?

LOl. Lil' Wayne deserves to be banned. He declasses the joint up. That Irving crossover should be a fine-able offense, it was just nasty.

Kidd K
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM

I said "best case scenerio", not, "realistic, likely scenerio".

You understand what that means, right?

jimbo
02-19-2013, 11:51 PM
lol @ all the homerism in here. Blair doesn't have a lot of value other than his cheap contract, if he wouldn't go for a first last year--he's definitely not going for one this year with even less contract.

James Jones or Dexter Pittman are probably the only realistic trades. If the Heat were willing to give a 1st, they'd have did it last year/preseason. The best thing James Jones would do is give insurance if Jack is traded or if he's ice cold in the playoffs. Then everyone else can play their natural positions rather than doing stuff like Manu/Danny at the 3.

lefty
02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Blair has been shit, but I would rather keep him than giving him to a contender for nothing in return

Darkwaters
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
I said "best case scenerio", not, "realistic, likely scenerio".

You understand what that means, right?

Sure, I know what you mean. I just don't think it's even a possible scenario.

Kidd K
02-20-2013, 05:21 AM
Sure, I know what you mean. I just don't think it's even a possible scenario.

I think it is, though it'd take a desperate team, AND Blair playing better (or getting "showcased" against scrub teams),. . .but I could see the possibilitty of getting a 28-30 pick from say the Heat. They barely have any rebounders besides LeBron and Bosh. There's Haslem and Wade, but they only get about 5 a game. Everyone else barely gets any. It isn't like Joel Anthony is lighting it up as a C. He sucks.

But like I said, that's best case scenerio to get a late first rounder. Most likely we'd probably just get James Jones and their 2nd rounder if we traded with them. Either way, Blair will be traded, and I'm sure they're looking for the best draft pick(s) they can get.

We'll see what happens. :)

mountainballer
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
jezzz.
how can you see the 28-30 from the Heat treaded to the Spurs, when this pick has already been traded to the Cavs????
your best case scenario includes a total revamp of the CBA trade rules within the next two days?
wake up! you totally got lost on your trip.