PDA

View Full Version : OT: Phil Jackson writes in his book about black v white

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
The entire thing is a gem...read it. Boogie woogie

"Throughout the years the black players on the Knicks have possessed much better physical ability than the white players, being generally faster and better jumpers. I also think that they have always had superior one-on-one talent."

"White players are more often willing to run patterns and to work collectively."

"Because of the predominance of blacks in pro basketball, the sport is rapidly disintegrating into a one-on-one sport. There are only five or six NBA teams who play with more than a superficial degree of team unity."

On the Knicks: "The starting front court played white basketball while guards played black basketball."

"Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighborhood. They want to be the toughest kids on the block, the richest or, once they get to the playground, the best one-on-one basketball players. White kids, on the other hand, usually are raised in a more homogeneous environment which provides other outlets for personal expression. They're also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their own personal glory for the good of the group."

"The average player's career is a very short period of his life, and the minute he's through nobody knows who is. Twenty-five years from now the only people who will remember me will be a few trivia experts, and that's exactly how it should be. A lot of black players look at their careers differently. Many blacks have let themselves believe that being in the NBA is one of the greatest things a person can accomplish. I believe this type of feeling is ultimately very destructive, because the only way you can live with it is to get into a heavy fantasy trip. I've seen the process develop many times, and very few players ever find happiness that way."

Koolaid_Man
02-19-2013, 07:00 PM
The entire thing is a gem...read it. Boogie woogie

It's not a gem..Phil should have kept it going....lemme finish it for him...

"Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighborhood. They want to be the toughest kids on the block, the richest or, once they get to the playground, the best one-on-one basketball players. White kids, on the other hand, usually are raised in a more homogeneous environment which provides other outlets for personal expression. They're also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their own personal glory for the good of the group." "White kids suppress their desires early on so they can grow up and fuck over you in corporate America later when you land a "decent job" or so they can crash the global economy and learn to become good teabaggers."

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
It's not a gem..Phil should have kept it going....lemme finish it for him...

BTW this is a book from 1975 apparently...I thought it was from his newest book. Either way...a mans perspective on race really never changes internally...it just gets worst with age.

DMC
02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
And then Phil went on to make a fortune coaching black kids who wanted to be the best in their neighborhoods. He proudly displays his rings he got by dickriding these kids to championships of a league that isn't the end all be all. The alternative is prison for most of them, not white "Phil, let's play golf" America, but black "is that a dead body out back on our couch and why is mom sucking Trey's dick?" America.

Latarian Milton
02-19-2013, 09:37 PM
that's why blacks are more likely to become great players, while whites have better potential to achieve some solid successes working at coaching jobs (like phil himself)

lefty
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Retarded theory TBH

So I guess Magic Johnson and Big O never played team basketball

OKC
02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Blacks are genetically superior in terms of physical and athletic performance, period. This is due in large part to the triangle slave trade and American slavery. It's absolutely a fact. Obviously, there's an aspect of determination and hard work and noone should take that away from anyone who succeeds in athletics, but the bottom line is that blacks are genetically superior for endeavors such as the NBA. Good read:

http://voices.yahoo.com/blacks-sports-darwinian-race-68188.html?cat=9