PDA

View Full Version : Heat: If Lebron repeats, I'll put him in the elite category

Asif Ali Zardari
02-19-2013, 09:44 PM
If you want to be compared with Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq and the others, you have to repeat as NBA champion. Its a sign of sustained excellence and consistent dominance. It's the reason I can't include Larry Bird in this group but at least Bird can say he played in an era where there was another superteam against him.

James has no excuse. I hate him but I'll give him credit if he does this. All the elite players in history have have defended their championship.

Agree or disagree?

Latarian Milton
02-19-2013, 09:59 PM
agree, tim duncan deserves to be nowhere near the elite category tbh

Asif Ali Zardari
02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
agree, tim duncan deserves to be nowhere near the elite category tbh

Duncan is really good, but I never feared him. He's a top 20 player in history but he's not a guy you could just give the ball to and let him carry you to a win.

Calispursfan11
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Who is this new Jihadist sounding troll tbh

Clipper Nation
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11493

Leetonidas
02-19-2013, 10:25 PM
0/10

:lol naruto

Pelicans78
02-19-2013, 10:44 PM

President of Pakistan.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
0/10

:lol naruto

:lol Are you mad about never repeating?

midnightpulp
02-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Repeats are team accomplishments. Now that you've been educated, you can leave Spurstalk and resume your job making IEDs.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Repeats are team accomplishments. Now that you've been educated, you can leave Spurstalk and resume your job making IEDs.

Team accomplishments are a reflection of the best player on the team.

Relevancy
02-19-2013, 11:11 PM
How many trolls do you have Lakaluva?:lol

Brunodf
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
0,0000000001/10

irishock
02-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Relevancy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29578)

Believe.My TeamLos Angeles ClippersPost Count435
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/NBA/Los%20Angeles%20Clippers.gif

:lmao

midnightpulp
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM

Nope.

James was the best player in the world in '09, and had one of the most impressive runs in post-season history, but it was all for naught since the second best player on that team was Mo Williams.

But if you want hump that line of logic, then Kirby gets full blame for the failure to make the playoffs in '05 (elite players don't miss the playoffs in their prime), the 3-1 chokejob to the Suns, the blown 24 point lead in the '08 Finals (I don't think a team led by an "elite player" has ever blown a 20 point lead at home on the biggest stage in basketball), and the trainwreck of this season, which just might result in another missed post-season.

Again, now that you've been educated, you can leave Spurstalk and resume your duties bombing embassies and stoning women.

dunkman
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Cyber taliban tbh . . .

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Nope.

James was the best player in the world in '09, and had one of the most impressive runs in post-season history, but it was all for naught since the second best player on that team was Mo Williams.

But if you want hump that line of logic, then Kirby gets full blame for the failure to make the playoffs in '05 (elite players don't miss the playoffs in their prime), the 3-1 chokejob to the Suns, the blown 24 point lead in the '08 Finals (I don't think a team led by an "elite player" has ever blown a 20 point lead at home on the biggest stage in basketball), and the trainwreck of this season, which just might result in another missed post-season.

Again, now that you've been educated, you can leave Spurstalk and resume your duties bombing embassies and stoning women.

90% of Laker fans act like this about Kobe when you attack him TBH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU_GLC9560

Asif Ali Zardari
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
James didn't show up for the last few games of the Orlando series. Jordan and Kobe wouldn't have went out like that.

The 2005 Lakers were depleted by injuries, Kobe included. I don't see how you can hold that against him, Kobe would only be willing to miss games with a serious injury.

I don't care about the 3-1 against Phoenix. The Lakers were the 7 seed and big underdogs, the fact that Kobe had them at 3-1 is impressive enough.

Kobe deserves some blame for the game 4 against Boston, one of the few blemishes of his career.

He has 5 rings, including a 3peat and a repeat. Other than Jordan, Kobe is the best in history at sustaining winning and dominance.

midnightpulp
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
90% of Laker fans act like this about Kobe when you attack him TBH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU_GLC9560

:lol

I'm not really even attacking Kobe. Just illustrating how 'ships are team accomplishments above all. For example, Kobe arguably played the best basketball of his career during '08, posting one of the more impressive statistical runs of the past decade, but "history" will remember that season as a "failure" for him because it didn't result in a championship. Sure, he had a rough series against the Celts, but their entire defense was focused on him, and Gasol turning into a bleeding vagina in that series didn't help much, either.

midnightpulp
02-19-2013, 11:40 PM
James didn't show up for the last few games of the Orlando series. Jordan and Kobe wouldn't have went out like that.

The 2005 Lakers were depleted by injuries, Kobe included. I don't see how you can hold that against him, Kobe would only be willing to miss games with a serious injury.

I don't care about the 3-1 against Phoenix. The Lakers were the 7 seed and big underdogs, the fact that Kobe had them at 3-1 is impressive enough.

Kobe deserves some blame for the game 4 against Boston, one of the few blemishes of his career.

He has 5 rings, including a 3peat and a repeat. Other than Jordan, Kobe is the best in history at sustaining winning and dominance.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a troll (I don't think this is luva), but after that comment, I know you're a Kobe-hater masquerading as a Laker fan.

"Kobe would never go out like that."

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200605060PHO.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806170BOS.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105080DAL.html

Thebesteva
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM

I'm not really even attacking Kobe. Just illustrating how 'ships are team accomplishments above all. For example, Kobe arguably played the best basketball of his career during '08, posting one of the more impressive statistical runs of the past decade, but "history" will remember that season as a "failure" for him because it didn't result in a championship. Sure, he had a rough series against the Celts, but their entire defense was focused on him, and Gasol turning into a bleeding vagina in that series didn't help much, either.

Honestly, alot of Kobe's legacy for some odd reason comes down to how well Lebron does in the championship department when all is said and done. If Lebron surpasses both Kobe and MJ I'm going to be fucking furious because it definitely becomes Lebron V MJ and Kobe as a 3rd place argument with only die hard Laker fans believing he was better. At the moment, its easy to forget how damn good Kobe was 08-2010, but you put this guy along side several players and he could win a championship. Lebron didn't have that in him...he seemed to have lost that magic after the 07 Pistons series. I think he is going to look amazing in the playoffs this year and silence alot of doubters...but at the end of the day Lebron went to a RIVAL player and asked him to help. I understand winning silences all criticism, but to me I dont mind if Lebron teamed up with Dwight Howard+D. Rose and won 10 rings....something really irks me about a guy who teams up with a rival. It's like Jordan asking Clyde Drexler for help.

midnightpulp
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Honestly, alot of Kobe's legacy for some odd reason comes down to how well Lebron does in the championship department when all is said and done. If Lebron surpasses both Kobe and MJ I'm going to be fucking furious because it definitely becomes Lebron V MJ and Kobe as a 3rd place argument with only die hard Laker fans believing he was better. At the moment, its easy to forget how damn good Kobe was 08-2010, but you put this guy along side several players and he could win a championship. Lebron didn't have that in him...he seemed to have lost that magic after the 07 Pistons series. I think he is going to look amazing in the playoffs this year and silence alot of doubters...but at the end of the day Lebron went to a RIVAL player and asked him to help. I understand winning silences all criticism, but to me I dont mind if Lebron teamed up with Dwight Howard+D. Rose and won 10 rings....something really irks me about a guy who teams up with a rival. It's like Jordan asking Clyde Drexler for help.

I disagree with that because, above all, basketball is a team game. If a player's ultimate goal is to win championships, why wouldn't you maximize your chances of doing so? This isn't golf. Individual players don't play each other one-on-one for the title. If the Lakers were to ever face the Heat, it wouldn't be Lebron vs. Kobe. It would be the Heat vs. the Lakers.

I understand all these players have massive egos and want to define their individual legacies, especially considering how the NBA markets its players in the post-Jordan era, but I think a top player who is willing to sacrifice some of the individual (whether that be statistical or how his legacy might be perceived for having to "join forces" with another top player) in favor of the team is something that should be celebrated rather than derided.

Latarian Milton
02-20-2013, 12:14 AM
kobe's 5 rings are overrated. lakers won the first 3 in the post-jordan era when the league was pretty weak overall, spurs dominated the middle of 00s but began to decline starting from 07, which allowed the lakers to win another 2 during the post-spur era, but the papertigers eventually got exposed in the hands of them mavs in 2011, with a crisp 4-0 sweep. lakers have never been really that good since the end of magic era imho.

Bynumite
02-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Lebron is so classy for finally giving San Antonio the coveted championship repeat :cry Lebron = Class :cry

DMC
02-20-2013, 01:17 AM

Lebron has already surpassed Kobe. He's taken a team to the Finals 3 times. Kobe was taken to the Finals. You don't get sorties for being a passenger.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-20-2013, 01:18 AM

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a troll (I don't think this is luva), but after that comment, I know you're a Kobe-hater masquerading as a Laker fan.

"Kobe would never go out like that."

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200605060PHO.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806170BOS.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105080DAL.html

The Lakers were underdogs in every series you referenced, they were expected to lose in all of those series's.

Lebron's Cavs were the number 1 seed and heavy favorite against Orlando. They won 66 games that year, his supporting cast was clearly sufficient.

Kobe would have never went out like that in a series in which his team was favored to win.

DMC
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Lebron is so classy for finally giving San Antonio the coveted championship repeat :cry Lebron = Class :cry

Is there are more irrelevant troll than you? 4>0 Rings hasn't been around for awhile under that name, because it's an irrelevant term now.

DMC
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
The Lakers were underdogs in every series you referenced, they were expected to lose in all of those series's.

Lebron's Cavs were the number 1 seed and heavy favorite against Orlando. They won 66 games that year, his supporting cast was clearly sufficient.

Kobe would have never went out like that in a series in which his team was favored to win.

This year ring any bells?

Bynumite
02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Lebron has already surpassed Kobe. He's taken a team to the Finals 3 times. Kobe was taken to the Finals. You don't get sorties for being a passenger.

One ring in 3 Finals appearances is not a great look brah... Lebron still has to build a stronger résumé before reaching Kobe's level imho.

DMC
02-20-2013, 01:40 AM
One ring in 3 Finals appearances is not a great look brah... Lebron still has to build a stronger résumé before reaching Kobe's level imho.

ok lol

Bynumite
02-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Is there are more irrelevant troll than you? 4>0 Rings hasn't been around for awhile under that name, because it's an irrelevant term now.

Just telling it like it is, it's obvious you can't handle the truth brah. It's pointless to deny the existence of the San Antonio Heat bandwagon and act like it's just a spurstalk myth.

We all know spurfan will jump ship once the spurs get bounced out of the playoffs but ironically spurfan points the finger at lakerfan and calls him a bandwagoner. Spurfans have no shame in their game period.

Thebesteva
02-20-2013, 01:44 AM

That's your ridiculously biased opinion. No one from the main stream media, fans, etc would agree.

Bynumite
02-20-2013, 01:45 AM
kobe's 5 rings are overrated. lakers won the first 3 in the post-jordan era when the league was pretty weak overall

Could say the same about the current state of the eastern conference and Lebron's road to the Finals.

LkrFan
02-20-2013, 01:47 AM
If you want to be compared with Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq and the others, you have to repeat as NBA champion. Its a sign of sustained excellence and consistent dominance. It's the reason I can't include Larry Bird in this group but at least Bird can say he played in an era where there was another superteam against him.

James has no excuse. I hate him but I'll give him credit if he does this. All the elite players in history have have defended their championship.

Agree or disagree?

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2013, 01:53 AM

Agree or disagree?

I appreciate your candor...but I disagree...Duncan is elite he just didn't repeat...I need Duncan's legacy to remain intact so that I can use it to prop Kobe up...Kobe had to go through the Spurs dynasty...he kicked Duncan's ass and cleaned his clock along the way but Duncan was no easy clean...just shows you how bad ass Kobe really was.... All Hail Duncan :lol

midnightpulp
02-20-2013, 02:05 AM

You're a fuckin' liar.

The overwhelming majority of analysts and fans favored the Lakers to win the '08 Championship. They were also favored in '11 to beat the "choking" Mavericks.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/9uau8j.jpg

Now go pray to Mecca and ask Allah for forgiveness for being such a dumbass.

midnightpulp
02-20-2013, 02:08 AM
And...

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2430lrt.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/matchup/_/teams/mavericks-lakers

Kobe went out like a bitch in two series his team was a huge favorite to win.

What now, Muhammed?

LkrFan
02-20-2013, 02:19 AM
I appreciate your candor...but I disagree...Duncan is elite he just didn't repeat...I need Duncan's legacy to remain intact so that I can use it to prop Kobe up...Kobe had to go through the Spurs dynasty...he kicked Duncan's ass and cleaned his clock along the way but Duncan was no easy clean...just shows you how bad ass Kobe really was.... All Hail Duncan :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-20-2013, 02:28 AM
You're a fuckin' liar.

The overwhelming majority of analysts and fans favored the Lakers to win the '08 Championship. They were also favored in '11 to beat the "choking" Mavericks.

the Lakers being favored to win by experts in 08 was purely cosmetic because they made Texas toast of the Spurs...but think...if they were truly being objective they would have remembered that Kobe was playing a front line in Boston with no Bynum or Ariza..the 08 Spurs were no comparison to the Celtics...so even if they weren't underdogs by some analysts they should have been...

Clipper Nation
02-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Hey Mid, don't forget this one...

http://i.imgur.com/jQNorE3l.png

Floyd Pacquiao
02-20-2013, 02:33 AM
:lol midnightpulp with the drone strike goods, dropping truth bombs all over muhammed

midnightpulp
02-20-2013, 02:52 AM
the Lakers being favored to win by experts in 08 was purely cosmetic because they made Texas toast of the Spurs...but think...if they were truly being objective they would have remembered that Kobe was playing a front line in Boston with no Bynum or Ariza..the 08 Spurs were no comparison to the Celtics...so even if they weren't underdogs by some analysts they should have been...

You too, not surprisingly, are a fuckin' idiot. The primary reason the Lakers were so heavily favored was because Kobe was having an all-time great playoff run up until that point, averaging over 30 points per game on around .500 shooting. In addition to that, the Celtics looked very unimpressive being taken to 7 games in all 3 prior rounds. The Lakers were favored because they were supposed to be the better team.

And if Kobe doesn't choke game 4 away, he just might be sitting on 6 right now.

midnightpulp
02-20-2013, 02:52 AM
Hey Mid, don't forget this one...

http://i.imgur.com/jQNorE3l.png

A series lost because Kobe chucked them out of it in a pathetic attempt to try and win Finals MVP :lmao

Thebesteva
02-20-2013, 02:58 AM
You're a fuckin' liar.

I made alot of $ off that Celtics series. I thought it was obvious that the Lakers without Trevor Ariza and Bynum could NOT compete with a fully-loaded and 100% healthy Celtics. There's a rumor that all those guys picked the Lakers to add pressure on the Lakers, I'm not kidding you. JA Adande absolutely despises the Lakers, he's an LA times guy and picked any team to win in 2009 but the Lakers and gave the Lakers 0% chance to repeat in 2010.

As for 2011, you're definitely right. Gasol grew a vagina in that series.

Thebesteva
02-20-2013, 03:00 AM
A series lost because Kobe chucked them out of it in a pathetic attempt to try and win Finals MVP :lmao

No way man, 2004 was a fucked up series. First of all, the Timberwolves destroyed the Lakers in that 7 games series. After that series

Malone
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher

Were all seriously injured and Malone actually couldnt play in that series. Fuckin Medvedenko was a starter and the bench was depleted.

2) Stern was afraid to make Kobe win on the big stage due to him taking the pussy so just to be sure he had the officials completely against the Lakers

3) Detroit was a monster that year....quite possibly the greatest NBA defense ever.

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 03:20 AM

Kobe has been terrible this year, huh

Jeff Van Gundy
02-20-2013, 04:55 AM
:lol midnightpulp with the drone strike goods, dropping truth bombs all over muhammed

DMC
02-20-2013, 09:52 AM

Yes, dipshit, all analysts overlooked that seemingly obvious aspect. Well done.

TDMVPDPOY
02-20-2013, 10:02 AM
asif.....using lakerfans as human shields, drone truthbombs hitting anything

Clipper Nation
02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
2) Stern was afraid to make Kobe win on the big stage due to him taking the pussy so just to be sure he had the officials completely against the Lakers
As if Stern wanted DETROIT to win and not the Lakers :lmao :lmao :lmao

OKC
02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I've seen Lebron play in person a number of times, most recently last Thursday @ OKC. I don't need stats or rings to tell me that this guy is just off the charts in terms of being an elite player. If you've never seen this guy in person, at his peak, you'll never appreciate what he's all about. TV doesn't do it justice. As pissed as I was to see OKC getting abused, I couldn't help but be blown away with what Lebron does on the floor. This guy might very well go down as the greatest player to ever live.

Jumi
02-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Damn, this was a totally destruction!! Well done! :lmao

Killakobe81
02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I think every ESPN analyst chose us (except Legler IIRC), mostly because we beat the Spurs convincingly and Celts were pushed in every round. I remember being real nervous before game one because lately (USC/Texas) teams that were so overwhelmingly favored kept losing ...

One of my HC b-ball teammates text me and said Lakers in 5 maybe 6 if Celts are lucky ...and I said I dont see how we in a game 7 in Boston, this was not the Showtime Lakers and if they lost one or both in Boston we were in trouble ... I so wish I was wrong. The only finals lost that hurt more was 1984.

When the Pistons swept us in 1989 ... we were banged up and DEtroit was really good. Ditto 2004.
1983 Moses would not let his team lose ...
But 2008 to allow those Green bastards to get 17 off of us ...especially with that comeback in Game 4 ... urggggh!!! But they were better than us much better. The analysts were idiots.

NRHector
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
How many trolls do you have Lakaluva?:lol

stretch
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
The 2008 Celtics team was a very good team.

They got pushed to 7 by the Hawks and Cavs mainly because Joe Johnson was having an outrageous series, and of course the Cavs had Lebron and anything can happen with him.

People try to dismiss them a bit because of those two series, but I still think that is one of the best individual teams of all time. Extremely well rounded, strong defense, and a go-to CLUTCH scorer in Paul Pierce.

That team probably repeats if KG didn't get hurt the next year, and could have won again the following year if Perkins didn't get hurt against the Lakers.

They had a legit shot at a 3-peat, but it got derailed by injuries.

TIMMYtoZO
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM
The Celts fucked around against the Hawks and Cavs as both game 7's were never in doubt. They dominated the Hawks in game 7 and had the lead the entire game 7 against the Cavs. They took the Pistons out in 6. They relied on homecourt in the first 2 rounds, but when they had to win on the road in the ECF, they did. Those series going 7 games had more to do with Boston than it did with Atlanta/Cleveland.

Latarian Milton
02-20-2013, 09:07 PM
The 2008 Celtics team was a very good team.

They got pushed to 7 by the Hawks and Cavs mainly because Joe Johnson was having an outrageous series, and of course the Cavs had Lebron and anything can happen with him.

People try to dismiss them a bit because of those two series, but I still think that is one of the best individual teams of all time. Extremely well rounded, strong defense, and a go-to CLUTCH scorer in Paul Pierce.

That team probably repeats if KG didn't get hurt the next year, and could have won again the following year if Perkins didn't get hurt against the Lakers.

They had a legit shot at a 3-peat, but it got derailed by injuries.
they were desperate to win it that year which was the most important reason they won, like them mavs in 11 imho. however after winning the title that year, they lost such level of hunger and never put up a serious push for the championship again despite maintaining a solid team that made the finals and conference finals. teams like 08 celts and 11 mavs are supposed to be one-and-done champions imho

Deuce Bigalow
02-20-2013, 10:12 PM
kobe's 5 rings are overrated. lakers won the first 3 in the post-jordan era when the league was pretty weak overall, spurs dominated the middle of 00s but began to decline starting from 07, which allowed the lakers to win another 2 during the post-spur era, but the papertigers eventually got exposed in the hands of them mavs in 2011, with a crisp 4-0 sweep. lakers have never been really that good since the end of magic era imho.
Lets take a look at 2012

Stern vetoes the trade of CP3 to the Lakers
Rose tears ACL
Dwight has surgery on his back
Avery Bradley was injured and didn't play

2006.... Many people don't even count that championship lol

TacoMeatJackson
02-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Bron elite because the nigguh elite. That's it. And he better than that snitchass busta ever was in his raping life.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-21-2013, 04:20 AM
The Celtics won 65+ games and they were the title favorites all year. The Lakers were playing without 2 starters. Despite the ESPN picks, the Lakers were underdogs.

The Mavs were favorites to win the series, most people were just afraid to pick them, based on their previous choking in big playoff series's.

spurraider21
02-21-2013, 04:37 AM
The Celtics won 65+ games and they were the title favorites all year. The Lakers were playing without 2 starters. Despite the ESPN picks, the Lakers were underdogs.

The Mavs were favorites to win the series, most people were just afraid to pick them, based on their previous choking in big playoff series's.
Mavs were NOT favorites. Don't kid yourself.

stretch
02-21-2013, 08:22 PM
they were desperate to win it that year which was the most important reason they won, like them mavs in 11 imho. however after winning the title that year, they lost such level of hunger and never put up a serious push for the championship again despite maintaining a solid team that made the finals and conference finals. teams like 08 celts and 11 mavs are supposed to be one-and-done champions imho

um

The Celtics went 27-2 to start the season right after they won the championship, and went 42-12 in games with KG during the season.

They certainly were not one-and-done type champs. They had a very solid chance of repeating, and took a 3-2 series lead against LA in the finals the following season, and lost the following 2 when Perkins went down. And what were they severely lacking in those games? Rebounding. Perk would have made a MASSIVE difference. Not to mention the officiating in the second half of game 7 was absolutely atrociously in favor of the Lakers.

stretch
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM

Your first statement is absolutely true.

Your second statement is a load of whore shit.

BatManu20
02-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Duncan is really good, but I never feared him. He's a top 20 player in history but he's not a guy you could just give the ball to and let him carry you to a win.

Lol you're trolling. The Spurs '03 and '05 Championships were when Duncan literally carried us. He was everything to that team, both offensively and defensively. Parker and Ginobili weren't even All-Stars yet. As a matter of fact, Parker played terrible down the stretch in the playoffs in '03, and was benched for Speedy Claxton. Duncan dominated Shaq and in post against the Lakers in '03 in the playoffs even though the Lakers knew exactly what the Spurs were going to do. Literally every play on offense went through him in the post, and the Lakers still couldn't stop him. So, I think historical evidence counters your claim that he "isn't a guy you could just give the ball to and let him carry you to your win."

BatManu20
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Lebron is elite as it is. He doesn't need to win back-to-back ring to prove that. He's the best basketball player in the world right now, and when he retires he'll be top 3 all-time. He's just a special player that we shouldn't take for granted cause we'll likely never see another player like him.

BoricuaCJA
02-22-2013, 02:53 AM

Agree or disagree?
Larry Bird, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Tim Duncan???? Just to name a few that they did not repeat the year after winning a championship...