PDA

View Full Version : Wojnarowski: Blair Likely to be Traded

timvp
02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
The San Antonio Spurs will likely move forward DeJuan Blair close to the deadline, ultimately accepting the best final offer for him, sources said. Blair has wanted a trade for more than a year, and clearly will not re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent this summer.

The Spurs had tried to canvass the market for a first-round pick, but have relented on that demand. The Spurs could get a second-round pick, or perhaps a player on an expiring deal in return.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-trade-deadline-buzz--clippers-end-kevin-garnett-trade-talks-for-now-030112108.html;_ylt=AwrHgZSKQCRRhH0AUgELcykA;_ylu= X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcg Rwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

It's not surprising news but Yahoo is more plugged in than any media outlet so this is a notable update.

I'm not sure I love the idea of trading Blair for a late second round pick. I'd rather the Spurs just keep Blair.

For a decent prospect or an early second round pick? Yeah, might as well cash in. IMO, the Spurs need to target a second round pick that is at least in the 40-45 range ... and that's assuming Aron Baynes is progressing to the point that he can be decent depth by playoff time.

Blair doesn't hold much value anymore due to knees and lack of development but he has some value.

Mel_13
02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
To a team with a trade exception, I'd move Blair for a top-55 protected 2019 second round pick. I'd rather have the roster space and the room under the luxury tax. That way they can sign a player bought out by his team or a free agent like Donte Greene.

Richie
02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Would it be unreasonable to trade up a few places in the draft for Blair? i.e. Blair + Spurs first (#30) for a pick expected to be in #22-#26 range?

timvp
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
To a team with a trade exception, I'd move Blair for a top-55 protected 2019 second round pick. I'd rather have the roster space and the room under the luxury tax. That way they can sign a player bought out by his team or a free agent like Donte Greene.

I haven't studied the likely buyout market but I think Blair holds more value than the cost of his contract. I'd just hold onto him if that's the best the Spurs can get. Hypothetically, if the Spurs suffer an injury in the playoffs, Blair would at least know what he's supposed to do and his teammates know how to play with him.

If a player becomes available who would bring more value than Blair, the Spurs could waive Blair and there's a decent to good chance that he'll get claimed off of waivers ... and that would serve the same purpose as salary dumping him at the trade deadline.

DPG21920
02-19-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't know about the other deals being discussed, but if the Spurs don't trade Blair it wont be for a lack of trying. They are trying to move. It just depends on whether or not they are moving him regardless and just take the best offer (whatever that may be) or if they value Blair enough and dont get an offer they like they just hold him then.

Not surprising what Woj is reporting - pretty well known that was the likely course of action, but I have to agree with Timvp. With Blair showing some lift lately he is worth more to the Spurs now than his contract shows and worth more than a late 2nd rounder. I hope he is not traded for that.

Mel_13
02-19-2013, 11:11 PM
I haven't studied the likely buyout market but I think Blair holds more value than the cost of his contract. I'd just hold onto him if that's the best the Spurs can get. Hypothetically, if the Spurs suffer an injury in the playoffs, Blair would at least know what he's supposed to do and his teammates know how to play with him.

If a player becomes available who would bring more value than Blair, the Spurs could waive Blair and there's a decent to good chance that he'll get claimed off of waivers ... and that would serve the same purpose as salary dumping him at the trade deadline.

I don't see the Spurs betting their position with respect to the luxury tax line on that proposition. If they're going to have the flexibility to add a player after the deadline, I believe they'll have to offload Blair before the deadline.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
We've gone over this a few times in the past few weeks, but moving Blair for a trade exception would allow for the Spurs to take back more salary in a draft-night trade. It could be the difference between getting a player for $4.6 Million for Bonner's deal or getting a player for $5.2 Million. There are a number of interesting players whose salaries lie in that gap.

Em-City
02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
It could be a situation of addition by subtraction... maybe no blair will mean baynes gets an opportunity. highly unlikely i know, but perhaps he could work himself into a situation where he has playoff impact.

ElNono
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM

A lot of times he makes you wonder if that's true at all... In theory it should be, in practice it seems to me the misses are much more common than the hits.

Man In Black
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Isn't Johnny Ludden still the Head Sports Editor for NBA there at Yahoo? Perhaps that's why they are so connected to the team.

jesterbobman
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Blair definitely is worth his contract, and if it's a #50 pick, it should be a no. The insurance depth is worth more than that.

If he is traded, I hope it's to a team where he can play. I don't think he's as good as our other options, but he is better than a lot of bigs in this league, and he deserves to be playing.

admiralfats
02-20-2013, 12:13 AM
i don't know if it bothers the guys, but dejuan is definitely the least content with his role guy on the team. everyone else, i think, is filling a role they're happy with, or at least not unhappy with. but dejuan lost the start role, and his friend george was traded away, and i just wonder if it could possibly be helpful to let him move on. Obviously it's not killing the team chemistry, but it probably won't hurt to let him go. Anything we get for him is fine. His value is almost definitely higher than his contract, but maybe not for us. He sometimes gives us a few minutes of good play on offense. he just can't find a place on the floor for us. He can find a role for some lesser team (or a team with no bigs), and I wish him the best.

DesignatedT
02-20-2013, 12:21 AM
We all know Blair is gone after this year but just in case for some horrible reason another big is needed at some point during the playoff run it would still be nice to have him on the bench. For that reason I wouldn't give him up for just a late 2nd rounder.

admiralfats
02-20-2013, 12:23 AM
i know i'm the only person on this forum that feels this way, but i'd be okay with bonner playing those minutes

phyzik
02-20-2013, 12:25 AM
I like Blair, but he doesn't help the Spurs much as a player, he plays well but he doesn't really add anything that we cant get from other players. To me it's a lateral move at worst. It wont hurt the Spurs if we let him go. I wish him luck if he gets the boot and look forward to seeing him do well on another team like George Hill is doing. Dejaun is a niche player, He is good for certain situations, hopefully he finds a team that requires his skills.

Darkwaters
02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Dejuan's going to find out that it isn't so easy to score in the NBA without Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker passing you the ball.

letmk
02-20-2013, 12:28 AM
i don't know if it bothers the guys, but dejuan is definitely the least content with his role guy on the team. everyone else, i think, is filling a role they're happy with, or at least not unhappy with. but dejuan lost the start role, and his friend george was traded away, and i just wonder if it could possibly be helpful to let him move on. Obviously it's not killing the team chemistry, but it probably won't hurt to let him go. Anything we get for him is fine. His value is almost definitely higher than his contract, but maybe not for us. He sometimes gives us a few minutes of good play on offense. he just can't find a place on the floor for us. He can find a role for some lesser team (or a team with no bigs), and I wish him the best.

Any game that Blair got a C for his defense is a game he played above his capability. That means on an average night, he has to get B+ on offense to not hurt the team.

Darius McCrary
02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Will be sad to see him go. He's a winner, and a good guy.

dunkman
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Baynes has more upside, he's a 7 footer. Hope the Spurs get a first rounder and sign K-Mart, if still available, for the rest of the season.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Would it be unreasonable to trade up a few places in the draft for Blair? i.e. Blair + Spurs first (#30) for a pick expected to be in #22-#26 range?

that's a good idea

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 01:14 AM
If we aren't even getting a top half second rounder its not worth trading him. At that point he's just ridiculously cheap depth who can occasionally provide a spark

Darius Bieber
02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Even with the hate surrounding Blair, it'll be hard to see a Spur product leave the organization. On the other hand, the departure of Jefferson seemed to happen flawlessly.

ElNono
02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
As predicted, other teams likely :lol when asked for a 1st round pick... right now Blair is good enough to backup Chuck Hayes in the Seattle Kings... IMO, it's also clear Pop is rolling with Bonner/small-ball for the playoffs.

Blair is a good kid, but he never developed his game into anything, weight problems, and now knee problems have to be a major red flag, so if we can rob some team of a 2nd round pick for DeJuan, you do it

DesignatedT
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Just because Bonner plays vs the Kings doesn't mean Pop is playing him in the playoffs :lol. Of course Pop is going to use his depth against a team like Sacramento. Who is stupid enough to run their players into the ground at this stage in the season? Even if the guys off the bench are playing shitty you don't change your plan/philosophy.

Budkin
02-20-2013, 01:20 AM
If we aren't even getting a top half second rounder its not worth trading him. At that point he's just ridiculously cheap depth who can occasionally provide a spark

This. It would be more valuable to keep him through the playoffs than to just give him away for free.

TD 21
02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm with timvp on this one. Nothing should supersede winning a championship. Not hoping to sign a post deadline buyout (Maggette, Pryzbilla, McRoberts, Telfair and Bell, come to mind as potential options) and not acquiring a trade exception to increase the amount of salary they can take on in a draft night trade. If they can get something decent, then by all means they should pull the trigger, but I wouldn't just trade him for the sake of it at this point.

I know you're thinking the Spurs don't need Blair to win a championship . . . but they might. There could come a few games where where one of the top three is in early and/or constant foul trouble and the match-ups don't allow for going small or where one of them is injured and if Blair is traded and they don't sign a McRoberts or whoever to replace him, then the options are Bonner (need I say more?) or Baynes. Call this a hasty assessment if you wish, but I can't imagine him being a contributor in a playoff game this season.

Richie, that's not a bad idea, but if someone in that range were willing to do that, a trade would be done by now.

ElNono
02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Just because Bonner plays vs the Kings doesn't mean Pop is playing him in the playoffs :lol. Of course Pop is going to use his depth against a team like Sacramento. Who is stupid enough to run their players into the ground at this stage in the season? Even if the guys off the bench are playing shitty you don't change your plan/philosophy.

I should've been more clear about that. I'm speaking the scenario timvp was talking about... some injury that forces Pop to go down the depth chart... I think it's Matty and small ball... I think Blair was headed for his 3rd straight playoffs no-show/reduced-minutes... remember last season hack-a-Splitter reduced Tiago minutes considerably and Blair still didn't get that much run (and that was after starting for most of the season)

DesignatedT
02-20-2013, 01:27 AM
I should've been more clear about that. I'm speaking the scenario timvp was talking about... some injury that forces Pop to go down the depth chart... I think it's Matty and small ball... I think Blair was headed for his 3rd straight playoffs no-show/reduced-minutes... remember last season hack-a-Splitter reduced Tiago minutes considerably and Blair still didn't get that much run (and that was after starting for most of the season)

That makes sense.

ffadicted
02-20-2013, 01:28 AM
at this pint just dump him for the earliest 2nd rounder you could find tbh

capek
02-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm up for us getting whatever we can for Blair now because he leaves in free agency, which will force Pop to throw Baynes in the fire with as much time as possible to get ready for the playoffs. I'm over Blair. Liked everything about the kid except the big dumb grin he always flashed after making a mistake, but he can't contribute on the court anymore for this team, so I say get what we can for him now.

Spursfanfromafar
02-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Even if he goes, I think that having been picked at #37, Blair gave very reasonable value to the Spurs over the years. I hope he manages to retain whatever is left of his good health and prolongs his NBA careers, wherever he goes.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-20-2013, 01:31 AM
that's a good idea

chicago was rumored to be interested in blair. maybe the bulls offer nazr or radmonovic/1st for blair/1st?

DesignatedT
02-20-2013, 01:32 AM
No Blair means more Bonner.

Bonner is over Blair on the depth chart anyway. Either way I don't see either playing when it actually matters.

ElNono
02-20-2013, 01:33 AM

I don't think it does. I think Bonner was already above Blair in the playoff rotation. Blair basically has zero experience there, and he's barely breaking the 10 mpg right now in the regular season.

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm with timvp on this one. Nothing should supersede winning a championship. Not hoping to sign a post deadline buyout (Maggette, Pryzbilla, McRoberts, Telfair and Bell, come to mind as potential options) and not acquiring a trade exception to increase the amount of salary they can take on in a draft night trade. If they can get something decent, then by all means they should pull the trigger, but I wouldn't just trade him for the sake of it at this point.

I know you're thinking the Spurs don't need Blair to win a championship . . . but they might. There could come a few games where where one of the top three is in early and/or constant foul trouble and the match-ups don't allow for going small or where one of them is injured and if Blair is traded and they don't sign a McRoberts or whoever to replace him, then the options are Bonner (need I say more?) or Baynes. Call this a hasty assessment if you wish, but I can't imagine him being a contributor in a playoff game this season.

Richie, that's not a bad idea, but if someone in that range were willing to do that, a trade would be done by now.

Honestly if Bonner plays any meaningful minutes in any game in the playoffs, there's a good chance we're losing that game. That guy shouldn't even be let on the floor come playoff time, but knowing Pop he'll put him in anyways. And watch him miss every shot again and continue to he a huge liability on defense. I'll take Blair over Boner 10 times out of 10.

Pasta Batman
02-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Blair as insurance? If one of the Spurs bigs goes down, they are in a heap of trouble.

racm
02-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Bonner's not in the shortened rotation.

The three main bigs are Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2013, 01:49 AM
i know i'm the only person on this forum that feels this way, but i'd be okay with bonner playing those minutes

F BONNER, I wish they both were gone........ I wish they were neither a problem anymore lol.
Bonner's not in the shortened rotation.

The three main bigs are Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

chapnis
02-20-2013, 02:03 AM
I love Bonner, just when he's not playing...

baseline bum
02-20-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm ok with trading him. He's a pretty bad fit and if the Spurs are needing him to play meaningful minutes in the playoffs they're done anyways. Hopefully DeJuan will be able to get enough minutes to earn a decent contract on his new team. No way he was going to be able to showcase himself for a payday here.

baseline bum
02-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Of course I'd rather dump Bonner.

EricB
02-20-2013, 02:35 AM
I'd dump Blair before bonner. Bonner at least can play a modicum of defense.

also after this trade for a mid 2nd rounder, Cue the assclowns demanding to know why more wasnt gotten.

Richie
02-20-2013, 02:43 AM
chicago was rumored to be interested in blair. maybe the bulls offer nazr or radmonovic/1st for blair/1st?

I like this deal for us a lot, but the Bulls are currently looking at a #20 in the draft. That might be too high for Blair + #30

polandprzem
02-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Spurs would have to throw something else with Blair on thisn trade. He has the value of a cat on a backyard at the moment

Hoops Czar
02-20-2013, 02:50 AM
This isn't surprising. The Spurs only make moves when players don't want to be here... ie. Blair, Anderson, RJ. Why do you think Bonner is still here? S-jax isn't going anywhere either. The depth will continue to take hits compared to last year's. Baynes, Bonner, Bair and Mills don't play, S-jax is non-existent most nights begging the question why gets the kind of minutes he does, De colo is pretty much useless as a back up pg (oh wait, he can pass, unfortunately that won't land him on a postseason roster anytime soon) and the overall interior defense when Duncan's not in the game is pretty sad. They're also relying on TP way too much. The game tonight should have been a walk in the park instead of the eternal struggle that it was. They shouldn't need TP to put away a bad team like Sacramento. So many fans here are completely blinded by record to see this team isn't nearly as good or as deep as last year's and the cold hard truth might not reveal itself with some until the playoffs arrive.

spurs1990
02-20-2013, 02:51 AM
^Derek Anderson wanted to be here. Just didn't get the contract he was looking for. Loyalty.

Dejuan Blair: Needs to be sent to a non playoff team in West or any Eastern team not named the cHeat.

Last thing the Spurs need is the corporate knowledge coming back to haunt in May/June.

DapDaGenius
02-20-2013, 03:07 AM
" Blair has wanted a trade for more than a year, and clearly will not re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent this summer."

I was sure Blair wanted a trade.

Well, whatever happens, I hope it works well for the Spurs and Blair(wherever he may go).

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 03:27 AM
I like this deal for us a lot, but the Bulls are currently looking at a #20 in the draft. That might be too high for Blair + #30

Can Radmonovic even play still? I haven't heard anything from him in a while and I just looked up his stats and he's averaging 1 point a game this season... Either he's ben injured or he literally never plays. He used to be able to shoot the 3 with the best of them. He's definitely what you would call a stretch 4.

racm
02-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Can Radmonovic even play still? I haven't heard anything from him in a while and I just looked up his stats and he's averaging 1 point a game this season... Either he's ben injured or he literally never plays. He used to be able to shoot the 3 with the best of them. He's definitely what you would call a stretch 4.

Thibs uses a short rotation. I'm perplexed at how Deng manages 38 mpg even if he has a great backup in Jimmy Butler.

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Thibs uses a short rotation. I'm perplexed at how Deng manages 38 mpg even if he has a great backup in Jimmy Butler.

Yea Thibs runs his players into the ground. Would it be worth trying to trade for Vlad Rad then? I'm sure he could be had for cheap considering he's riding the pine and he's only owed about $600,000 the rest of this season. I'm sure he can still stroke it.

KL2
02-20-2013, 03:58 AM
It could be a situation of addition by subtraction... maybe no blair will mean baynes gets an opportunity. highly unlikely i know, but perhaps he could work himself into a situation where he has playoff impact.

I'm hoping this happens. Blair has been getting some minutes here and there that should be going to Baynes, it could be because he knows the system or just that SA has been trying to showcase him this entire time trying to up his value. I don't expect Baynes to have a major role, not this season, however 10 mins a game would be great. The Spurs really need size, shot blocking and rebounding all things Baynes has, and it's best to get him into some sort of rhythm now instead of just throwing him out there in the middle of a playoff series.

Richie
02-20-2013, 04:01 AM

The deal is more about the pick than the player we get back, Radmanovic is only there to make the salaries match.

Hoops Czar
02-20-2013, 04:08 AM
If all Blair nets is a 2nd round draft pick, then they're better off keeping him and letting him walk in the offseason. A second round draft pick will be useless in a weak draft.

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 04:53 AM
I don't get the rationale of saying Blair is a cheap insurance. If Blair sees the floor during the playoffs the Spurs are certainly not adding a ring to their collection this year, as simple as that. In this context he is not cheap but expensive as he serves no purpose.

I say dump him for whatever you can get in return, if somebody is stupid enough to pay now for a 6-month rental. It's less salary, fewer headaches (the guy isn't happy here) and the potential to draft a player who could be more useful in the future.

Project Blair is over in SA. I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.

justinandimcool
02-20-2013, 05:33 AM
First place and still doesn't want to be here? :lol

Always suspect when a (role) player wants out of a successful team. Is there a quote that Blair isn't happy being on the team? Trade this clown if that's the case. JA was one for wanting out. I can't help but marvel at that logic. If you're getting paid your value what else comes next before winning?

Mal
02-20-2013, 05:34 AM
salary dump move ? Blair is better than that

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 05:45 AM

Always suspect when a (role) player wants out of a successful team. Is there a quote that Blair isn't happy being on the team? Trade this clown if that's the case. JA was one for wanting out. I can't help but marvel at that logic. If you're getting paid your value what else comes next before winning?

Maybe he has pride. Unlike a Bonner who accepts that he is nothing more than a role player.
It would be a huge mistake to let him go. IMO.

DapDaGenius
02-20-2013, 05:58 AM

Also means more Baynes...hopefully.

DapDaGenius
02-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Maybe he has pride. Unlike a Bonner who accepts that he is nothing more than a role player.
It would be a huge mistake to let him go. IMO.

I don't think he is upset at being a role player(in general), I think he is just upset by his minutes. Then on top of that, he had the honor of starting, then gets placed on the bench.

therealtruth
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Blair can be useful in getting a backup pg. I still don't really think Neal can be part of the playoff rotation. He weakens the defense too much.

benefactor
02-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Blair as insurance? If one of the Spurs bigs goes down, they are in a heap of trouble.
This. Playing Blair means that you lost one of Duncan/Splitter/Diaw. If that happens it's over anyway.

Take the second for him and scan the buyout market.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2013, 07:05 AM

If you're a basketball player, chances are you'd like to get to play basketball. A guy who thinks he can contribute would rather do so than sit on the bench.

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
If you're a basketball player, chances are you'd like to get to play basketball. A guy who thinks he can contribute would rather do so than sit on the bench.

This.

He has pride and is not a bad player. He can be un-focused but he also has heart and brings energy. I would take Blair a million times over Bonner - yet no one is talking about trading Bonner. smh.

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 08:08 AM
This.

He has pride and is not a bad player. He can be un-focused but he also has heart and brings energy. I would take Blair a million times over Bonner - yet no one is talking about trading Bonner. smh.
I think Bonner's salary makes it tougher to deal since the other team would have to give up a legitimate contract, not just a pick. plus most teams needing bench depth would rather have a high energy rebounder like blair over a 3 point specialist in bonner.

also, Bonner brings the +/- goods :lol

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 08:14 AM
I think Bonner's salary makes it tougher to deal since the other team would have to give up a legitimate contract, not just a pick. plus most teams needing bench depth would rather have a high energy rebounder like blair over a 3 point specialist in bonner.

also, Bonner brings the +/- goods :lol

Not disagreeing with you - but on the other hand a really SMART front office would not be ASKING what another team needs - they would be SELLING/CONVINCING them of what the other front office can't pass up...

"yes, Blair can rebound - but Bonner can shoot your team into the playoffs!!!"

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Not disagreeing with you - but on the other hand a really SMART front office would not be ASKING what another team needs - they would be SELLING/CONVINCING them of what the other front office can't pass up...

"yes, Blair can rebound - but Bonner can shoot your team into the playoffs!!!"

they could probably try to sell Bonner's +/- :lol

its also notable the Spurs value Bonner over Blair, so they're not only more interested in giving up Blair than Bonner, but again, there's probably a better market for Blair than Bonner. makes sense to ship out grizzly. based on those 2

exstatic
02-20-2013, 08:21 AM

"yes, Blair can rebound - but Bonner can shoot your team out of the playoffs!!!"

Other team's GM's have eyes.

lil'mo
02-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Good. Now we don't have to hear
Lame
Ass Dejuan whataburger jokes anymore :rolleyes

jermaine
02-20-2013, 08:48 AM
If Pop used the right combo at the right time, I feel silly for saying this but for the most part just keep Blair an Bonner. Trade Jack or Neal an Cory Jo for a decent wing player. I'd say lets see Aron run along side Timmy an Blair an Tiago run along with Manu an the 2nd string. Blairs hustle, hands on defense, an quick passing is gone be missed. Bonner against certain defensive teams spreads the floor.

Bruno
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Blair might be able to help Spurs on short stints during the playoffs so trading him away for basically nothing isn't an intuitive move.

Now, I think it's the right move for at least three reasons.
First, it will open playing time for Baynes.
Second, it will create a roster spot to try some D-League players. Even if odds are low, Spurs might find an interesting player.
Third, the most important if ti's the right move human-wise. Even if Blair want to leave and isn't playing while he is in a contract year, he has been a great teammate. He deserves to go to a team where he will play more and have a shot at getting a relatively big contract this summer.

bklynspursfan
02-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Blair might be able to help Spurs on short stints during the playoffs so trading him away for basically nothing isn't an intuitive move.

Second, it will create a roster spot to try some D-League players. Even if odds are low, Spurs might find an interesting player.
Third, the most important if ti's the right move human-wise. Even if Blair want to leave and isn't playing while he is in a contract year, he has been a great teammate. He deserves to go to a team where he will play more and have a shot at getting a relatively big contract this summer.

I agree, especially with the 3rd. He's had his twitter rants, but he still is there supporting the team from the bench, and has not dogged the team/organization publicly like some other guys may have done. He deserves to be somewhere where he can get playing time. It will work out for both ends if he is moved.

mountainballer
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM

#3 is what I also tried to point out. and that's why the Spurs will let him go, if he asks. even if it brings back only a high 2nd rounder.
(no team will give him a 4 years contract on big numbers. but something like a 2 years 6M contract would be a nice deal for him and give him some future injurance, considering the small money he made till now. and that's not totally unrealistic, if he get's the chance to play some more minutes and produces till season end)

Russ
02-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Unless Blair is so unhappy that his presence is a negative, don't trade him just to get rid of him.

Especially in a way that might come back to haunt you.

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Other team's GM's have eyes.

Well, yes...but again..if you are a "salesman" in the front office...you say;

"now c'mon man...who you gonna believe- ME or your LYIN' EYES!!!" :lol

Strategic
02-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Though I wouldn't be surprised if Blair is traded before the deadline, here's another reason that might prevent it from happening. DeJuan's propensity for hanging his dirty laundry on the clothes line for all to see. While many Clubs in the NBA have had to watch their business exposed through media outlets(FB, twitter, etc.) over the years, PATFO has been relatively immuned to this embarrassment. While I do not think Pop & Co. is vindictive enough to let a bargain for Blair pass by, I would not put it past them to just let Blair sit on the bench. There he could be used if needed, but at the end of the season suffer the insecurities of not being employed in the league. :flipoff .

buttsR4rebounding
02-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Well, yes...but again..if you are a "salesman" in the front office...you say;

"now c'mon man...who you gonna believe- ME or your LYIN' EYES!!!" :lol

With all the former front office staff from the Spurs throughout the league surely CIA Pop has incriminating pictures of SOMEONE!

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
With all the former front office staff from the Spurs throughout the league surely CIA Pop has incriminating pictures of SOMEONE!

Pop: "Mr Prestl, er.. Sam..remember that night on the riverwalk with that Tranny?"

spurso
02-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Pop: "Mr Prestl, er.. Sam..remember that night on the riverwalk with that Tranny?"

hahahaha I was laughing so hard when I read this. Props to Pops

dunkman
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
The spurs are not going to sign K-Mart. There is a reason why no team has signed him yet.

The reason seems to be that he's demanding more then the minimum. Hopefully he wont follow the negotiating school of Sprewell and AI. K-Mart is still good, should be playing tbh.

Strategic
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
The reason seems to be that he's demanding more then the minimum. Hopefully he wont follow the negotiating school of Sprewell and AI. K-Mart is still good, should be playing tbh.

According to Hoopshype KMart has over 110 mil. career earnings. Hope he's been saving for a rainy day.

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 11:31 AM

For this season/run, at least, my trust in KMart >>>>>>>> Baynes. If he's willing to add for the minimum and take Blair's place its a no brainer. Even though I'm not going to pass long-term judgement on Baynes based on his 30 seconds of garbage time per game, if we did need a 5th big for 5-10 minutes during a playoff game, I'd go Kmart > Blair > Baynes. He hasn't looked entirely comfortable and probably needs a full camp/summer/preseason.

cd98
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Obviously Baynes hasn't had a lot of playing time. But in the short stints, he has not shown himself to be anything other than a physical player with a low level of skill. Maybe some of that is confidence, or maybe just lack of playing time, but there is no question that Blair is much more likely to be productive in limited minutes in the playoffs. I just don't trust Baynes. I know he had a good game against the Bobcats, but that's the worst team in the league...by far. I'm just not convinced that he can step up his game enough if Tim went down for an extended period of time. I'm more comfortable with Blair, even with his flaws.

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 11:54 AM
@WojYahooNBA: In pursuit of guard help, the Celtics have made rookie center Fab Melo available in trade offers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

This seems to indicate that:
- Blair for Melo was never a possibility (as the Celts have just started making Melo available)
- Blair for Melo will not be possibility (as last time I check Blair wasn't a guard)

Darkwaters
02-20-2013, 12:06 PM
@WojYahooNBA: In pursuit of guard help, the Celtics have made rookie center Fab Melo available in trade offers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

This seems to indicate that:
- Blair for Melo was never a possibility (as the Celts have just started making Melo available)
- Blair for Melo will not be possibility (as last time I check Blair wasn't a guard)

How long till some enterprising ESPN columnist writes an article on how the Celtics are considering trading for the 6'5 Dejuan Blair to fill their gap at SG?

Spur|n|Austin
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
How long till some enterprising ESPN columnist writes an article on how the Celtics are considering trading for the 6'5 Dejuan Blair to fill their gap at SG?

Soon I'm sure.

Chinook
02-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Neal and Blair of Melo and Wilcox?

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM

When I read "guard help" I immediately thought of Neal, but I'm not sure that's what the Celtics have in mind. The Spurs are so guard-heavy that there must be a way...

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-20-2013, 12:17 PM
The deadline is tomorrow at 3, am I correct? If so, when does all the madness begin? Early tomorrow morning? Or is it today? I hope it's today, I love all the chaos.

Mel_13
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM

If the Spurs want to attract their attention, then Nando+Blair for Melo+Barbosa would probably work.

Chinook
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
I was thinking Neal for Melo straight-up, but I don't think the Spurs make any moves unless they also trade Blair. So it's possible that they move Blair for a pick and trade Neal to get Melo to replace Blair. I'd prefer trading Mills, though, if Melo is the best return out there.

pad300
02-20-2013, 12:38 PM

The reason K-mart hasn't been signed yet is a combination of greediness and lazyness.
A) He wants the most money - so he's holding out for an offer beyond the minimum.
B) He wants a ring - So he's waiting for a good ring shot to come along with the money
C) He wants a nice city to be in - Miami, LA, NY?
D) He's lazy - he knows he can get the minimum from a contender (and likely the best positioned contender - Miami) after the trade deadline. Why do all that practicing and traveling with the team, when he can sign on later in the season.

He'll sign with a contender for the vet min, after the trade deadline. I predict Miami, because they could use another big man, and meet his other criteria.

Duncan2177
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
The reason K-mart hasn't been signed yet is a combination of greediness and lazyness.
A) He wants the most money - so he's holding out for an offer beyond the minimum.
B) He wants a ring - So he's waiting for a good ring shot to come along with the money
C) He wants a nice city to be in - Miami, LA, NY?
D) He's lazy - he knows he can get the minimum from a contender (and likely the best positioned contender - Miami) after the trade deadline. Why do all that practicing and traveling with the team, when he can sign on later in the season.

He'll sign with a contender for the vet min, after the trade deadline. I predict Miami, because they could use another big man, and meet his other criteria.

Miami has enough bigs they just signed Chris Anderson.

Darkwaters
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
The deadline is tomorrow at 3, am I correct? If so, when does all the madness begin? Early tomorrow morning? Or is it today? I hope it's today, I love all the chaos.

It could start anytime. Could start right now.

Or it could start for us 5 minutes after the deadline (see the Brent Barry for JR Smith/Arvydas Macijauskas non-trade)

Pasta Batman
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't think he is upset at being a role player(in general), I think he is just upset by his minutes. Then on top of that, he had the honor of starting, then gets placed on the bench.

Maybe not this season, but he got all butt hurt when McDyess took his starting role. It sucks the Spurs had so many holes that allowed him to start.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Maybe not this season, but he got all butt hurt when McDyess took his starting role. It sucks the Spurs had so many holes that allowed him to start.

In his defense, didn't the Spurs start to suck really badly when that happened?

SayTown
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Hope Blair doesn't get traded to the heat and then destroy us in the finals

Mel_13
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
They won six of the first seven with Dice. They then lost the next 4 without Duncan who had injured an ankle.

superjames1992
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
If all Blair nets is a 2nd round draft pick, then they're better off keeping him and letting him walk in the offseason. A second round draft pick will be useless in a weak draft.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/13/27/40/2979898/5/628x471.jpg

biskvito
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Lol I said yesterday steal Melo from Boston while they desperate.... Imagine Melo learning from Duncan and Splitter, his post up is where he needs more work... Already good FT shooter, decent jumpshot, blocker and soft touch around the basket

stnick2261
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Neal for Melo... Blair for an early 2nd... and I'll be happy

Seventyniner
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
According to Hoopshype KMart has over 110 mil. career earnings. Hope he's been saving for a rainy day.

Antoine Walker had around $120M in career earnings and that mfer is broke. Hell, KMart played in China. He's got to be broke.

playblair
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Spurs forward DeJuan Blair looks to be headed to the Cavaliers. Possibly for Omri Casspi #NBA (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBA&src=hash) #TradeDeadline (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TradeDeadline&src=hash)

timtonymanu
02-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Interesting.

MANUNG-Ginobili
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
wow..this is fun..

timtonymanu
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Wasn't Casspi a Spurs target anyway in the 2009 draft?

ace3g
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
would help if you put who the tweet from

timtonymanu
02-20-2013, 05:19 PM
would help if you put who the tweet from

Sports Whispers is where I see the tweet on.

hater
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
would be good

young guy and he has knees

pad300
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Spurs forward DeJuan Blair looks to be headed to the Cavaliers. Possibly for Omri Casspi #NBA #TradeDeadline

Would need to be more involved, IIRC, Blair on rough $1 Million, and Casspi is on $2.3 Million - This would put the spurs into the lux tax unless something else happens...

playblair
02-20-2013, 05:29 PM
^ word ...........

According to Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/is-there-a-market-for-omri-casspi/), sources believe that San Antonio would be a good fit for Casspi, and the Spurs have expressed some level of interest in the Israeli swingman. The Spurs aren't willing to offer a whole lot for Casspi, but would be open to including DeJuan Blair (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/blairde01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com), according to Kyler. A Blair/Casspi swap wouldn't work financially though, so San Antonio would need to include more salary to make it a realistic possibility

DarkGinobili
02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Wonder what all would be involved.

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
^ word ...........
Send Bon Bon keep grizzly

Bruno
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
It's not a solid rumor.

Pasta Batman
Would need to be more involved, IIRC, Blair on rough $1 Million, and Casspi is on $2.3 Million - This would put the spurs into the lux tax unless something else happens...

Possibly a 3rd team with a few more names if this is real.

cd98
Casspi...he seems really slow. At least when I watch him play. Perfect. Cavs fans are dying to get him out because he has underachieved and San Antonio hopes to get rid of Blair because he underachieved. It's the perfect trade that amounts to nothing.

Pasta Batman
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Casspi...he seems really slow. At least when I watch him play. Perfect. Cavs fans are dying to get him out because he has underachieved and San Antonio hopes to get rid of Blair because he underachieved. It's the perfect trade that amounts to nothing.

Depends. Some people just don't fit, but fit elsewhere.

Seventyniner
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Bonner for Casspi is far more likely. And it still isn't very likely.

cd98
02-20-2013, 05:37 PM
On the flip side, if we add Casspi, we can be even more international. We just need to add that Iranian center from the Grizzlies (or did he get traded).

celldweller
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
On the flip side, if we add Casspi, we can be even more international. We just need to add that Iranian center from the Grizzlies (or did he get traded).

An Israeli and an Iranian on the same team....lol.....yea that would work. :rolleyes

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/13/27/40/2979898/5/628x471.jpg

Lightning doesn't strike twice my man. Manu was a rare gem that we will probably never see the likes of again.

capek
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Lightning doesn't strike twice my man. Manu was a rare gem that we will probably never see the likes of again.

Manu was the second lightning strike. This man says hi:

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/lifeline-live/2012/06/22/parkerx-large.jpg

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 06:34 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/lifeline-live/2012/06/22/parkerx-large.jpg

Yes but his argument was to trade Blair, even if it meant only getting a late 2nd round pick. Tony was a 1st. But yes, he was an incredible, franchise-changing steal for us as well.

Chinook
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/robert_sacre_010812.jpg

What could have been.

CGD
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM

I get the feeling everyone is waiting for a final decision from the Lakers on Howard and then the dominos will fall.

td4mvp2k
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Spurs forward DeJuan Blair looks to be headed to the Cavaliers. Possibly for Omri Casspi #NBA #TradeDeadline

If the Spurs can get a player for Jackson with Casspi then they can trade Jax, Neal, DeColo and a pick to Utah for Millsap and Bell.

Hoops Czar
02-20-2013, 06:53 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/13/27/40/2979898/5/628x471.jpgAre you just plain clueless or are you stuck in yesteryear? When Manu was drafted by the Spurs, there were only two GM's scouting overseas and Popovich was one of them. Now, all 30 teams scour overseas looking for untapped talent. The Spurs overseas advantage is gone.

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Yes but his argument was to trade Blair, even if it meant only getting a late 2nd round pick. Tony was a 1st. But yes, he was an incredible, franchise-changing steal for us as well.

He was drafted last in the 1st round, though. It's only a 1st round pick by name at this stage...

There were actually a lot of decent draft picks in the 2nd round that year (Arenas, Scalabrine, Mehmet Okur... and a total of 7 secound round pick who played 450+ games in the NBA)

capek
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last pick in the first round is not that much different that a 2nd. There's no reason to expect us to pick up another gem like them, but I'd still rather the FO have another pick than Blair.

Seventyniner
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Manu was the second lightning strike.

Manu was drafted before Tony.

capek
02-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Manu was drafted before Tony.

Ya, but I was going with the lighting strike metaphor, Tony came over first and proved he was a player ie pick was good ie lightning strike

Dverde
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Casppi for Blair appears to be a fair trade. Casspi makes a little more money, but the gap isn't too large. He's 6'9 and can shoot the 3 at a high rate. Fits the spurs system. He's underachieved in Cleveland, but maybe Pop can turn this kid into a solid role player.

TrueSpursFan
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
He's underachieved in Cleveland, but maybe Pop can turn this kid into a solid role player.

Danny green?:p:

Pasta Batman
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Are you just plain clueless or are you stuck in yesteryear? When Manu was drafted by the Spurs, there were only two GM's scouting overseas and Popovich was one of them. Now, all 30 teams scour overseas looking for untapped talent. The Spurs overseas advantage is gone.

It's weaker (partly because some of their guys work for other teams too), but they still do it better than anyone else.

LittleCriminal
02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Bonner and #45 for M.Speights!! Book It!!

moisaenz
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Just like the kings with Isiah thomas...last pick in the draft and they pick up this guy..

Ice009
02-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Bonner and #45 for M.Speights!! Book It!!

Speights just got traded, he can't be traded again for quite a while.

MR-Clutch
02-20-2013, 08:58 PM

Not sure if the CBA changef because I know that used to be the case but FWIW.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/cavs-may-trade-center-marreese-speights/

Chinook
02-20-2013, 09:01 PM

That's not true. He can only be traded in a player-for-player deal right now, though.

So the trade would look like this:

Bonner for Speights.

Blair for a TE and a highly protected pick.

Ice009
02-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Not sure if the CBA changef because I know that used to be the case but FWIW.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/cavs-may-trade-center-marreese-speights/

Surely the rule hasn't changed? It used to be 3 months after being traded, or you could trade that player within 24 hours of acquiring him in a 1 for 1 swap.

LittleCriminal
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Uh, he can't get traded back to the GRizz... But he can be traded from the Cavs to the Spurs.

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 09:42 PM
What's the deal with Speights? Is this just forum talk or is there a rumor he's being moved. He was a solid player in Memphis. I wouldn't mind a trade of Bonner and Blair for him and Casspi. He's be an immediate upgrade imo. If he's not getting much PT in Cleveland so why not move him/them.

freetiago
02-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Speights is teh first big off the bench and hes a solid pick and pop option with Kyrie
Thompson is the top 5 pick theyre developing

timvp
02-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Speights is a terrible defender. Pass.

As for Blair ....

I approve of the Spurs not trading Blair just to trade him. Doesn't make sense to me to dump someone who still brings in excess value over the cost of his contract.

But, then again, knowing CIA Pop, the Spurs like to pull the ol' "we're taking him off the table" bluff right before making a deal.

Ice009
02-21-2013, 12:50 AM
I don't want Speights. Philly traded him for a second round pick. If the Spurs had any interest in him they could have gone after him last season when they were in need of bigs.

superjames1992
02-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Are you just plain clueless or are you stuck in yesteryear?
I am both.

weeks
02-21-2013, 12:57 AM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/robert_sacre_010812.jpg

What could have been.:lol

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Last pick in the first round is not that much different that a 2nd. There's no reason to expect us to pick up another gem like them, but I'd still rather the FO have another pick than Blair.

But the players you find at 31, 32 are a whole lot different than the ones you find at, say, 57 or 58.

Manu wasn't just a second round pick. He was the second to last pick of the entire draft...one away from being Mr. Irrelevent.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-21-2013, 01:02 AM
But the players you find at 31, 32 are a whole lot different than the ones you find at, say, 57 or 58.

Manu wasn't just a second round pick. He was the second to last pick of the entire draft...one away from being Mr. Irrelevent.

isaiah Thomas says hi.

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 01:16 AM
isaiah Thomas says hi.

Your point? I'm not saying a player taken that late won't ever be good again. I'm just saying the chances of finding a major contributor at 58 or 60 are a lot lower than finding a contributor at 28 or 30.

Besides, comparing Thomas to Ginobili is an embarassment. Thomas is a nice piece, but Ginobili is a HOF'er.

Man In Black
02-21-2013, 02:19 AM
It matters not where a player is drafted, all that matters is if there is a definitive role on your team and that player fulfills that role. Gary Neal was undrafted and there are lots of teams that would like the kind of firepower he provides. The Draft is littered with both failures and successes for any and all teams. For every Manu Ginobili drafted late in the 2nd round, there is a Chris Carrawell drafted in the 2nd round by the Spurs who never stuck in the NBA. And on international players, the Spurs may no longer be part of a select few since the Spurs tree is scattered all over the NBA, but having said that, there aren't many more successful than Parker and Ginobili. Ibaka for OKC is awesome as well as other Team Spain members Calderon, and brothers Gasol, and Ricky Rubio for their respective teams. Perhaps Pekovic of Minnesota and the 2 Russians in Kirilenko and Shved, but even then...there isn't a new influx of possible great role players. De Colo has shown us glimpses and Splitter has come so far from the wallflower he used to be in his first 2 season as a Spur. So, again, the draft ain't the end all be all. It's just another tool that teams use in hopes of acquiring talent that will fit specific roles. Even #1 picks overall are no guarantee of success. It has to be the right player with the right system and that right there is why the Spurs are like Zombies. They only go after players they NEED, not that they think they need and when wrong, they course correct faster than anyone else.

Gospursel
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
David Aldridge claiming it looks like Dejuan will stay put in San Antonio. Seems like the right call given the scenarios that were playing out...Hope he can keep his energy up the rest of the season.

ace3g
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA) DeJuan Blair's name continues to come up. However, teams don't want to give up a lot for Blair since he can test free agency this offseason.

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 12:06 PM
It seems the Spurs are still asking too much for Mr. Blair

bklynspursfan
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)
So far, Spurs don't have a deal in place for expiring contract of DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Trade deadline is 3 PM ET.

dbestpro
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Little birdie says Spurs will hold onto Blair for the remainder of the season. a late second round is not better than the insurance that he provides. There will be no Spur trades until the off season.

Spur|n|Austin
02-21-2013, 01:04 PM

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Tim-Duncan1.jpg

This guy says hi

timtonymanu
02-21-2013, 01:06 PM

This guy says hi

They're talking about second round picks (31-60) that amounted to anything special.

Spur|n|Austin
02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
They're talking about second round picks (31-60) that amounted to anything special.

OHHH, I'm out of it and behind today :lol

Chinook
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM

This guy says hi

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Px4xotu2POVxzLxKkuCpWw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Gregg-Popovich-considers-reaping-the-whirlwind-again.-Doug-Pensinger-Getty-Images.jpg
This guy says hi, too. They're actually more friendly than they may seem on the court.

ace3g
02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA (https://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA) Correction: Source says Spurs trying to trade Blair, just not sure how hard. Stubborn, is the word source used.

Pop
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA (https://twitter.com/MaxSportsSA) Correction: Source says Spurs trying to trade Blair, just not sure how hard. Stubborn, is the word source used.

What the fuck are they asking for a rental of Blair of all people...

Amuseddaysleeper
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Blair will automatically open up minutes for Baynes. Blair will be useless come playoff time so I have no problem with SA giving Blair away.

ace3g
02-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA) The Hawks have emerged as possible suitor for DeJuan Blair. Source says Blair may go to ATL after a Josh Smith deal: http://tinyurl.com/bxro94g (http://t.co/tch1EGYbRy)

timtonymanu
02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Can't wait for these 90 minutes to end and I bet Blair feels the same way. Is he staying or is he going? :lol

cd98
02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Can't wait for these 90 minutes to in and I bet Blair feels the same way. Is he staying or is he going? :lol

Blair's at shootaround with his I-Phone constantly hitting refresh.

bluebellmaniac
02-21-2013, 01:43 PM

I could not imagine a Spur trade happening and the player finding out through the internet that he was traded.

Mel_13
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA) The Hawks have emerged as possible suitor for DeJuan Blair. Source says Blair may go to ATL after a Josh Smith deal: http://tinyurl.com/bxro94g (http://t.co/tch1EGYbRy)

The Hawks have Danny Ferry, a roster spot, and a large enough trade exception. Once it's certain that they won't need the TE or the roster spot for a Smith trade, they're a logical landing spot for the Spurs to dump Blair.

Pasta Batman
02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
The Hawks have Danny Ferry, a roster spot, and a large enough trade exception. Once it's certain that they won't need the TE or the roster spot for a Smith trade, they're a logical landing spot for the Spurs to dump Blair.

Pop to Ferry: Help a brother out

Beaverfuzz
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah, help a brutha out DF!

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM

No, actually thats just playblair watching Spurstalk

playblair
02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Spurs forward DeJuan Blair just went thru full shootaround, which ended 60 min. before trade deadline ... draw your own conclusion

Mel_13
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Pop to Ferry: Help a brother out

It's really the least he could do. Two years in San Antonio washed off the Cleveland stink and got him another GM gig. Taking Blair is a very small price indeed.

Pasta Batman
02-21-2013, 02:17 PM
To me, if a deal goes down, it'll be in the last minutes.

bklynspursfan
02-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS (https://twitter.com/KBergCBS)
Spurs are trying "right up to the wire" to find a landing spot for DeJuan Blair, league source says. No deal yet.

cd98
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
15 minutes.

BlackSilver
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Blair is probably untradable because everyone knows he's a package deal with playblair...

loveforthegame
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Blair is probably untradable because everyone knows he's a package deal with playblair...

:lol

Das Texan
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Hope they have Whataburger in whatever location Blair is moved to.

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 02:48 PM

:rollin

benefactor
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
San Antonio's DeJuan Blair is stuck with the Spurs, I'm told. No deal done for him at the deadline.

celldweller
02-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Damn! Were stuck with shorty!!

benefactor
02-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Let the meltdown commence.

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Let the meltdown commence.

I'll kick it off.

NNNNNOooooOOOOOoooooOOOoo!!!!!111!!!!!!!

DrunkTXLabrat

x2

loveforthegame
Well who isn't happy about the turd towers again the playoffs? Why have a meltdown about that?

capek
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9bte14Pgr1rectjko1_500.jpg

SenorSpur
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh well. Perhaps Blair will emerge as the Spurs secret weapon in a much-anticipated WCF matchup with OKC. Maybe he'll have a flashback performance with a double-double.

BlackSilver
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
And, more importantly, with his sidekick...

EricB
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
OMG the 12th man wasn't traded!!!!

Bruno
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I don't have a problem with Blair staying as long as he remains professional.

timtonymanu
02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Meh. No big deal. I'm just happy Jack wasn't involved in any trades.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM
why do people think blair is gonna play in the playoffs

crc21209
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Me too...:tu

benefactor
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
He's been wanting to be traded for so long...one has to wonder if he will ask the Spurs for a buyout so he can find somewhere else to showcase for his next contract.

Obstructed_View
02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
why do people think blair is gonna play in the playoffs

Why don't you have those "people" on your ignore list? :)

ace3g
02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
well I unfollowed Woj on twitter...

Floyd Pacquiao
02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Why don't you have those "people" on your ignore list? :)

:lol

Budkin
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM

This.