PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Who do the Celtics trade?

LnGrrrR
02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Taking all bets ladies and gentlemen...

Mal
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
both Pierce and KG or no one

ShinerBlack
02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't think the Celtics are ready to throw in the towel just yet. By going on that win streak when Rondo went down showed they still got some life in them. I think they wait until draft time to make a move.

Drachen
02-20-2013, 10:11 AM
nothing to lose, rotate d-leaguers through on 10 day contracts and see who sticks. Might find a gem.

Uncle Drew
02-20-2013, 11:20 AM
I voted Pierce but when I think about it, it might be Rondo. He's severely overrated and could bring back the most talent.

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
If the Celtics brass truly thinks Rondo isn't as valuable to them as once believed, look for them to deal him. Some teams would be willing to throw quite a bit at Boston for Rondo with visions that may never come to fruition. It's been noted on ST quite a bit that Rondo's value is overblown. If there are some GM's in the league that disagree, look for them to push for Rondo. Teams like Orlando or Dallas are looking for franchise point guards to build around.

But if I was a betting man, they don't make a big trade. They've been playing too well. But then again they will be right up against the luxury tax next year, and if they feel Rondo and his 12 million aren't entirely necessary, they can try to get what they can.

jeebus
02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
I voted no one and other players but I think it'll be Rondo. They won't get an elite PG in return but at least they'll have the chance to get a normal PG that won't stall fast breaks to maybe get a fucking assist.

Killakobe81
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Im torn on Rondo as a player, he can be scintillating. But to me stalling a fast break or eating clock to ensure the assist is almost as bad as chucking. The best PG's racked up assists (magic, Isiah, Kidd) but were content with making a forward lead-pass even if they only got a fictional hockety assist as long as the team scored ... and by quickening the pace, they still got large assist numbers anyway.

But most players are stat-padding whores. For many it's points, but guys wrestle rebounds from each other and gamble on steals or blocks all the time. Rushing to the FT line to get some freebies even though you are not the best FT shooter all of that to me is placing your own needs over your teams.

I think Rondo is young enough to mature out of it ... he kind of reminds me of Rod Strickland who also was not a great shooter and kind of a knuckle-head but when he was on (mentally) could be one of the best ...

Simmons one of his biggest fans calls him National TV/Basic cable TV Rondo ... I guessit's great he steps up for TNT/ABC/ESPN games ... but guys that dont maximize their talents drive me nuts. And PG's that suck at FT's is the worst ...maybe it's the coach in me but how can you trust a PG that cant close out a game at the FT line? But I still like Rondo due to his potential ...

Brunodf
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Bass

LnGrrrR
02-20-2013, 12:11 PM
If they had to trade someone, I'd rather they trade Rondo than Pierce or KG.

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 12:12 PM
You can add Fab Melo to your list. Per Wajnarowski they are open to moving him for backcourt help. I'm sure plenty of teams will be intrigued by Melo

Dex
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
If they had to trade someone, I'd rather they trade Rondo than Pierce or KG.

Boston strikes me as a sentimental franchise, right up there with SA and LA. I'd be extremely surprised if Pierce or Garnett didn't retire as Celtics.

Latarian Milton
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
rondo is not likely to get moved this time since he's done for the season. paul pierce is as safe a celt as tim duncan is a spur and he'll mostly likely retire in boston, KG might get traded for the right price but the proposed KG deal has been postponed since before the all-star break, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's delayed to the summer.