PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich Cursed Out Dwight Howard During All-Star Game

bklynspursfan
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, on Mike and Mike in the Morning, Popovich wasn’t too pleased with Dwight Howard during the All-Star Game. Smith says, that Popovich was drawing up a specific play for Howard, but when he was ready to run it, Howard was too busy socializing with the celebrities in the crowd and wasn’t even in the huddle. Then according to Smith, Popovich hurled a few F-Bombs in Howard’s direction.

Wow... Just wow :lol (probably jokingly but still funny) I think this is the link for the podcast though it wasn't loading for me. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8965448

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/02/report-gregg-popovich-cursed-out-dwight-howard-during-all-star-game/

Floyd Pacquiao
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
:lol pop dont take no disrespect from nobody

Captivus
02-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Howard's shenanigans are pissing everybody. Lakers fans should be mad at him.
I know its an All Star game, but still.
At the end he knows that no matter how he plays or behave some team is going to pay him a lot of money...and rich people are happy...sadly he doesn't look to be hungry for a championship.

Fabbs
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith....
Aka Zero Cred.

Strategic
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Howard's a wannabe but not a wannado.

Mal
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
What a fucking moron....

Players are there to entertain, but Popovich went there to coach.And there there you can find a moron who disrespect him for being coach...

Spur|n|Austin
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
As Sir Charles would say, he's a knucklehead..

spurraider21
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
As Sir Charles would say, he's a knucklehead..

"Kenny, tell 'em he's crazy"

hsxvvd
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
A fun story that fits the characters, but I'm calling BS.

dbreiden83080
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
And yet someone will hand this clown a max deal in the offseason..

Clipper Nation
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
:lol Bible Kemp

UZER
02-20-2013, 12:00 PM
ESPN stirring the pot to get Dwight traded just like they ran the Dwight to LA story for weeks every day until it happened.

Flipped on ESPN radio this morning (reluctantly) and of course Greeney was ranting over and over how Dwight needs to be traded. Dude is just paid to spew the company line.

bigfan
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
If this is true it has to be on film someplace, Id love to see it.

phxspurfan
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Good, hope it hurt lol. Dude needs to be taken down a few pegs. He's the worst "superstar" I've ever seen. And I never bought into the hype that he was all that great. I'd rather have Marcin Gortat, Brook Lopez, or even Andrew Bogut on my team than this clown.

boutons_deux
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
His first year was all humble-pie, "God", "Christ", blah, blah, now he's exposed as pure "There is No Team in I" asshole.

Embedded
02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
I think with the Coach Popovich episode and the 'mocking Kobe' antics over the All-Star Break he has shown his lack of maturity, he doesn't understand that the millions he's paid are serious money, and it requires a seriousness on his part about the game. He thinks he'll get a max contract because of who he is. I have always questioned his heart because as soon as things don't go his way he folds up the tent and goes home mentally. I don't mind him being pissed and getting ejected form a game. But he pouts like a 2-year old when he doesn't get his way. I believe he is a cancer now that he's been exposed.

silverblk mystix
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Can't comment til it is actually confirmed. Probably never happened.

Interrohater
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
I think with the Coach Popovich episode and the 'mocking Kobe' antics over the All-Star Break he has shown his lack of maturity, he doesn't understand that the millions he's paid are serious money, and it requires a seriousness on his part about the game. He thinks he'll get a max contract because of who he is. I have always questioned his heart because as soon as things don't go his way he folds up the tent and goes home mentally. I don't mind him being pissed and getting ejected form a game. But he pouts like a 2-year old when he doesn't get his way. I believe he is a cancer now that he's been exposed.

Don't be surprised to hear that a few years after he retires that he's completely broke.

Budkin
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM

God every time I see that nickname I LMAO.

ambchang
02-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Another way for espn to pin the downfall of the lakers on someone else.

If you can't find evidence to support your point, make some up.

trypldubl
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
ESPN stirring the pot to get Dwight traded just like they ran the Dwight to LA story for weeks every day until it happened.

Flipped on ESPN radio this morning (reluctantly) and of course Greeney was ranting over and over how Dwight needs to be traded. Dude is just paid to spew the company line.

Dude I know....they are crying for him to be traded to Brooklyn for Lopez. Dude they never stop until they get their way :lol

atoyotagaspedal
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
This isn't true, just Stephen A. spewing bullshit to add to the fake drama.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Whether it's true or not (and I doubt it - why would Pop get worked up over the ASG which he clearly doesn't care about at all?), it's clear to all that D12 is an overgrown child - doesn't seem to understand appropriate behaviour, hasn't a clue about leadership, can't make a decision.

I used to like the guy, but the way he's behaved in the past two years has completely reversed that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's never the same athletically as he was before the back surgery. Backs are not to be trifled with.

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 06:13 PM
This was the only shot taken of Pop's reaction to Dwight when he saw him joking around with the celebs.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gregg-Popovich.jpg

Cry Havoc
02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Whether it's true or not, it's clear to all that D12 is an overgrown child - doesn't seem to understand appropriate behaviour, hasn't a clue about leadership, can't make a decision.

I used to like the guy, but the way he's behaved in the past two years has completely reversed that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's never the same athletically as he was before the back surgery. Backs are not to be trifled with.

You could also say that Howard realizes there's more to life than basketball, and doesn't really care about winning an all-star game. Not everyone has to fit the exact mold of Jordan's fire or Duncan's steely resolve in order to win games. I think Howard handled the situation with the Magic badly, but since then he's been made the villain of every negative thing that's happened to the Lakers.

Remember last year and the beginning of this season? How it was all Mike Brown's fault? And now suddenly it's all Dwight's.

Something doesn't add up. There are a lot of people associated with the NBA that pay their bills based on the Laker media circus. It almost feels like they're going intentionally out of their way to prop up Kobe and save his legacy. You hardly hear ANY criticism of Kobe despite the fact that he's 1 for his last 30 in three point shots. You hardly hear any criticism of Kobe despite the fact that he's refused to let anyone else on the team get the ball on a consistent basis this year. The criticism is so minute despite the fact that Kobe has NEVER co-existed peacefully with players who contribute more to his team that he does. He did it with Shaq, then Pau, and now Howard (who obviously has been in line to take the torch).

All this coming on serious back surgery that most bigs never fully recover from. The Lakers took a gamble with Howard, and now that it's not paying off, they're blaming the odds for not falling in their favor. To me it seems like a massive salvage operation from a team with a horribly overpaid roster, no cap flexibility for next season, and a future that might be absent of their next star.

With Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Clark who's surprised everyone this year, you mean to tell me the Lakers are 4 games under 500 because of Dwight Howard? Really? Because that's 4 all stars and a potential 6th man right there.

If you follow the money, it leads right up to Kobe's massively overrated career acting as a printing press for a large part of the BSPN basketball media. The entire situation is absolute bullshit. There's no other word for it.

sananspursfan21
02-20-2013, 06:42 PM
You could also say that Howard realizes there's more to life than basketball, and doesn't really care about winning an all-star game. Not everyone has to fit the exact mold of Jordan's fire or Duncan's steely resolve in order to win games. I think Howard handled the situation with the Magic badly, but since then he's been made the villain of every negative thing that's happened to the Lakers.

Remember last year and the beginning of this season? How it was all Mike Brown's fault? And now suddenly it's all Dwight's.

Something doesn't add up. There are a lot of people associated with the NBA that pay their bills based on the Laker media circus. It almost feels like they're going intentionally out of their way to prop up Kobe and save his legacy. You hardly hear ANY criticism of Kobe despite the fact that he's 1 for his last 30 in three point shots. You hardly hear any criticism of Kobe despite the fact that he's refused to let anyone else on the team get the ball on a consistent basis this year. The criticism is so minute despite the fact that Kobe has NEVER co-existed peacefully with players who contribute more to his team that he does. He did it with Shaq, then Pau, and now Howard (who obviously has been in line to take the torch).

All this coming on serious back surgery that most bigs never fully recover from. The Lakers took a gamble with Howard, and now that it's not paying off, they're blaming the odds for not falling in their favor. To me it seems like a massive salvage operation from a team with a horribly overpaid roster, no cap flexibility for next season, and a future that might be absent of their next star.

With Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Clark who's surprised everyone this year, you mean to tell me the Lakers are 4 games under 500 because of Dwight Howard? Really? Because that's 4 all stars and a potential 6th man right there.

If you follow the money, it leads right up to Kobe's massively overrated career acting as a printing press for a large part of the BSPN basketball media. The entire situation is absolute bullshit. There's no other word for it.

huh. kinda like this take. and i agree to a point. i feel like all of dwight howard's "wrongs" have been blown out of proportion. he doesn't have that killer instinct, but wasn't shaq a goofball? bad example considering he's not respected on this forum at all haha

racm
02-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Kobe and Nash are steaming at this twit because he's not serious enough. Maybe that's why this clown never won MVP, SVG was the real MVP of those Magic teams.

:lmao

howbouthemspurs
02-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Hes a sorry sack of shit who has yet to earn his paycheck since hes been in the league! With all his physical abilites, you would think he would dominating the NBA right now with multiple MVP awards... but no, hes just a clown who wants to be famous and rich. He will never get a championship ring!

callo1
02-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe Kobe asked Pop to give Howard some "nasty"

Libri
02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3472014/dwight-howard-dancing-o.gif

So this is what Dwight was doing while Pop was drawing a play?

itzsoweezee
02-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I seriously doubt that pop would do something that stupid

Mel_13
02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
(By the way, here's what happened between Gregg Popovich and Howard during the All-Star Game, according to a source who witnessed it: in the third quarter, Pop called out a play, but Howard jacked up a corner three instead. Pop immediately turned to the bench and said 'get him the (bleep) out.' That was it, really. No extended swearing or shouting, just Pop being Pop.)

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/02/25/morning-tip-trade-deadline-recap-kenneth-faried-stand-q-and-a-yao-ming/index.html

MSPaint
05-01-2013, 12:58 AM
And then destroyed him a few months later.

Captivus
05-01-2013, 08:12 AM
All this D12 thing is a shame. I used to like him a lot, the dancing, the dunks, Superman, funny guy, always laughing.

I don't hate him now...but the magic is gone...smh...
Some people don't realize how lucky they are.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2013, 08:54 AM
And the Spurs could have had the black Kevin Love for the low low price of Tony Parker. :lmao

Fabbs
05-01-2013, 09:20 AM
(By the way, here's what happened between Gregg Popovich and Howard during the All-Star Game, according to a source who witnessed it: in the third quarter, Pop called out a play, but Howard jacked up a corner three instead. Pop immediately turned to the bench and said 'get him the (bleep) out.' That was it, really. No extended swearing or shouting, just Pop being Pop.)

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/david_aldridge/02/25/morning-tip-trade-deadline-recap-kenneth-faried-stand-q-and-a-yao-ming/index.html
Now Mel, don't bringing this info to the PPoppers Party. Lets keep up the Bill Brasky Pop story.

ohmwrecker
05-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Shawn Kemp was way better.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2013, 11:38 PM
All this D12 thing is a shame. I used to like him a lot, the dancing, the dunks, Superman, funny guy, always laughing.

I don't hate him now...but the magic is gone...smh...
Some people don't realize how lucky they are.

I don't like him at all now.