PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Sen. Rand Paul returns $600,000 to the U.S. Treasury

SA210
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Sen. Rand Paul announces savings of $600,000 in running his office

http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B2&Date=20130220&Category=NEWS010603&ArtNo=302200087&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&MaxW=300&Border=0&Sen-Rand-Paul-announces-savings-600-000-running-his-office

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky, is returning $600,000 to the U.S. Treasury, money he said he saved through frugally operating his Senate office over the last year.

“It’s the only budget I control. ... It’s not enough, but it’s a start,” Paul said at a news conference Wednesday near of Fourth and Liberty streets in downtown Louisville.
In promoting his thriftiness, Paul said the savings were realized by “watching every purchase,” including keeping close tabs on expenditures for “computers, paper, ink cartridges. Everything we buy.”

He said he also keeps close watch on travel expenditures and noted that, although he frequently flies back and forth between Washington and Kentucky, his staff seldom does.

“We are frugal from top to bottom,” Paul said, adding that he believes the savings is true to a campaign pledge he made to cut federal spending. “It’s not an enormous savings,” he said, but the savings would add up, if purse strings were so closely watched throughout government.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130220/NEWS010603/302200087/1001/Sen-Rand-Paul-announces-savings-600-000-running-his-office?nclick_check=1

VIDEO:
http://bcove.me/k06tcpv5

boutons_deux
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
How many jobs did RP destroy by his anti-stimulus bullshit in the middle of the Banskters Great Depression?

Blake
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
It's a $600k photo op and a chance to promote himself.

SA210 being a good sheep.

z0sa
02-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Definitely contrived but I can't help but approve of saving 600 grand of the tax payers' mula.

Drachen
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Definitely contrived but I can't help but approve of saving 600 grand of the tax payers' mula.

This. I wish every federal office did this. Start by limiting OT to 5 hours or something for a federal employee.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
So he "only" spent $2.9 million.

Slutter McGee
02-20-2013, 10:35 PM
How many jobs did RP destroy by his anti-stimulus bullshit in the middle of the Banskters Great Depression?

How funny. A liberal promoting corporatism.

Rand Paul should scare the ever living shit out of you. As much as you hardcore liberals try to demean him, here is what your average Democrat is going to hear.

Moderate Democrat: Rand Paul doesn't seem that bad.
Liberal idiot: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG. WHAT. HE HATES POOR PEOPLE.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah but he doesn't want us to intervene and invade countries all over the world.
Liberal Idiot: Well a broken clock is right twice a day.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah, he also supports the legalization of Hemp.
Liberal Idiot: Broken clock is right twice remember.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah but he says he wants a complete repeal of the Patriot Act.
Liberal Idiot (You): Well a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Moderate Democrat: Well he didn't support Sopa.
Liberal Idiot: Blind rodents might find more than one nut every now and then.
Moderate Democrat: Didn't support NDAA and the incarceration of American citizens like Obama did.
Liberal Idiot: But he is evil.
Moderate Democrat: He supports cutting funding in the Military also.
Liberal Idiot: but you don't get it. he is crazy. he thinks our government spends to much money.

Be scared.

Slutter McGee

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 03:12 AM
So he "only" spent $2.9 million.

You are always the chump... always finding ways to complain about something...

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 03:56 AM
You are always the chump... always finding ways to complain about something...Aw, did I hurt your feewings?

You're the one always bitching about context. Let's see what he did spend his money on -- then we can make a judgment as to its frugality.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Aw, did I hurt your feewings?

No, Why would I let a weasel like you hurt my feelings?

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:15 AM
No, Why would I let a weasel like you hurt my feelings?You have proved to be very sensitive tbh. Vaginish.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:19 AM
You have proved to be very sensitive tbh. Vaginish.
And your interpretation is often wrong.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:29 AM
And your interpretation is often wrong.Don't cry.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Don't cry.
Is that what you would do?

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Is that what you would do?No, I wouldn't do what you are doing right now.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
No, I wouldn't do what you are doing right now.
You must be peeping in the wrong window, pervert.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:46 AM
You must be peeping in the wrong window, pervert.You'll never be able to reverse the whip on that one, flaglot.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:47 AM
You'll never be able to reverse the whip on that one, flaglot.
No need to. You stupidity is clear.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:48 AM
No need to. You stupidity is clear.Not as clear as your crying and creepiness.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Not as clear as your crying and creepiness.
It is clear that I am not. Like I said, you are peeping in the wrong window, Tom.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 04:52 AM
It is clear that I am not. Like I said, you are peeping in the wrong window, Tom.More crying isn't helping your case, flaglot.

Wild Cobra
02-21-2013, 04:54 AM
LOL...

You sure are stupid.

SA210
02-21-2013, 07:39 AM
How funny. A liberal promoting corporatism.

Rand Paul should scare the ever living shit out of you. As much as you hardcore liberals try to demean him, here is what your average Democrat is going to hear.

Moderate Democrat: Rand Paul doesn't seem that bad.
Liberal idiot: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG. WHAT. HE HATES POOR PEOPLE.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah but he doesn't want us to intervene and invade countries all over the world.
Liberal Idiot: Well a broken clock is right twice a day.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah, he also supports the legalization of Hemp.
Liberal Idiot: Broken clock is right twice remember.
Moderate Democrat: Yeah but he says he wants a complete repeal of the Patriot Act.
Liberal Idiot (You): Well a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Moderate Democrat: Well he didn't support Sopa.
Liberal Idiot: Blind rodents might find more than one nut every now and then.
Moderate Democrat: Didn't support NDAA and the incarceration of American citizens like Obama did.
Liberal Idiot: But he is evil.
Moderate Democrat: He supports cutting funding in the Military also.
Liberal Idiot: but you don't get it. he is crazy. he thinks our government spends to much money.

Be scared.

Slutter McGee

Sounds about right :tu

SA210
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I returned $600,000 or 20% of my operating budget to the Treasury and no one on my staff lost their job. We can have the sequester without laying off anyone. There are all sorts of ways to cut spending if Washington was serious about it.

Rand also gave back 500k last year as well, reported on the Daily Rundown on MSNBC in a little quick mention.

mouse
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
It's a $600k photo op and a chance to promote himself.

SA210 being a good sheep.

__________^ gets it!

Vladimir Lenin
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM

You sound like a typical leftist liberal.

Winehole23
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
leftist yes, liberal, maybe.

Winehole23
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
typical? no way.

boutons_deux
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
You sound like a typical leftist liberal.

you ARE a fraud

Galileo
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
If Rand can cut his budget 20%, so can everyone else.

boutons_deux
02-22-2013, 03:36 PM
If Rand can cut his budget 20%, so can everyone else.

ok, which 20% do you and Ayn Randers want to cut?

Galileo
02-22-2013, 03:43 PM
ok, which 20% do you and Ayn Randers want to cut?

Take a look at Rand's budget, he cuts all over the place with specifics, including military cuts. The federal budget is 25% of GDP, in 1912 it was only 1.75% of GDP back when we had real economic growth.

boutons_deux
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
"we had real economic growth."

from 1946 - 1970. Pauls hated taxes, personal and corporate, were MUCH HIGHER than now, and UNIONS were much stronger, growth in wealth was broad-based, not just the 1%.

Blake
02-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Rand also gave back 500k last year as well, reported on the Daily Rundown on MSNBC in a little quick mention.

lol quick little mention

By SCOTT WONG | 1/30/12 11:27 PM EST Updated: 1/31/12 10:34 AM EST

Sen. Rand Paul made a big show of it: He called a news conference and unveiled a Publishers Clearinghouse-size check for $500,000, the amount of unspent office funds he was returning to the U.S. Treasury after his first year in office.

Just doing his part to reduce the deficit, right? But Paul (R-Ky.) isn’t special — virtually every senator returns a few bucks to the treasury each year from their office budget — and some have become pretty aggressive about showing their fiscal fortitude.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/72184.html

different year, same show.

Galileo
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
"we had real economic growth."

from 1946 - 1970. Pauls hated taxes, personal and corporate, were MUCH HIGHER than now, and UNIONS were much stronger, growth in wealth was broad-based, not just the 1%.

0% income tax from 1815 to 1912, the greatest economic growth in the history of the world happened at that time.

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Nice. He found a couple of nickels under the couch for this month's payment on the new Beamer.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-22-2013, 06:15 PM
0% income tax from 1815 to 1912, the greatest economic growth in the history of the world happened at that time.

You really are advocating going back to the gilded age? Really?

Nevermind that the first income tax was in reaction to the civil war ie 1860s.

You are one ignorant fool that is for certain.

Galileo
02-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Corporations had much less power than they do today.

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 06:27 PM

I thought the income tax was levied to make up for lost tax money from alcohol sales in the buildup to Prohibition. LOL wanting to take America back to the times of slavery, of complete squalor in the cities, poverty of the workers, and ridiculous rates of alcoholism.

Wild Cobra
02-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Take a look at Rand's budget, he cuts all over the place with specifics, including military cuts. The federal budget is 25% of GDP, in 1912 it was only 1.75% of GDP back when we had real economic growth.
It needs to be cut back to 18% of GDP, or smaller. How we get to I think is less important than cutting to that level.

Reign in the social welfare programs. Have actual punitive fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal help. Require people on social welfare to take these jobs, or not get benefits.

This will only help on part of the social spending.

Let the military veto parts of its budget. If it doesn't want something, they can tell congress NO. Don't but that.

Look at regulations, and remove all agenda based legislation that cannot be proven to be good measures.

Respect the 10th amendment. Turn over more control of decisions to the states, and shrink the size of agencies in the federal level that the states can candle.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-22-2013, 08:21 PM
I thought the income tax was levied to make up for lost tax money from alcohol sales in the buildup to Prohibition. LOL wanting to take America back to the times of slavery, of complete squalor in the cities, poverty of the workers, and ridiculous rates of alcoholism.

First instituted to pay for the war in 1862. It was declared unconstitutional in 1895 but was on and off for various reason up until then. In 1913 the 16th amendment was passed allowing for it. Funny how Randians are pro Constitution like Christians are pro Bible.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Corporations had much less power than they do today.

Bullshit. Look up the Sherman Act. Again you demonstrated ignorance. Here are some names to look up: JD Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, and JP Morgan. Then of course there are the RR barons. That would be the oil trust, steel trust, banking trust, and transportation trusts respectively.

Ever heard of Ted Roosevelt? What was he known for?

Are you even American because this is all stuff they teach you three times in history courses around the 4th, 7th, and 10th grades. Maybe I just have a tremendous memory but FFS that is a sad commentary.

Galileo
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Bullshit. Look up the Sherman Act. Again you demonstrated ignorance. Here are some names to look up: JD Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, and JP Morgan. Then of course there are the RR barons. That would be the oil trust, steel trust, banking trust, and transportation trusts respectively.

Ever heard of Ted Roosevelt? What was he known for?

Are you even American because this is all stuff they teach you three times in history courses around the 4th, 7th, and 10th grades. Maybe I just have a tremendous memory but FFS that is a sad commentary.

BS. Today national markets are controlled by only a few corps:

soda; Coke and Pepsi

beer; Miller, Bud, and Coor

auto; GM. Chrysler, Ford

burgers; McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys

health care; 6 insurance companies control the entire market

banks; JP Morgan, Wells, Bank of America, US Bank

media; the 5 corps that own ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and FOX control over 90% of the market

DMX7
02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/science-michael-scott-oversized-check_6.jpg

DMX7
02-22-2013, 09:12 PM
The use of the oversized novelty check is comical.

Rand Paul: Style (albeit bad style) > Substance

FuzzyLumpkins
02-22-2013, 09:52 PM
BS. Today national markets are controlled by only a few corps:

soda; Coke and Pepsi

beer; Miller, Bud, and Coor

auto; GM. Chrysler, Ford

burgers; McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys

health care; 6 insurance companies control the entire market

banks; JP Morgan, Wells, Bank of America, US Bank

media; the 5 corps that own ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and FOX control over 90% of the market

One man controlled the steel, oil and banking markets respectively. At least we have multiple firms competing in markets. Before the early 20th century corporations could and did form trusts. The problem is that we are going back to such a paradigm.

I distinctly get the impression that you are not American.