PDA

View Full Version : SJAX is in LA

ace3g
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
IG: stak5ots ‏@DaTrillStak5 (https://twitter.com/DaTrillStak5) Just landed in LA. A lot on my mind. #GodStrong (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GodStrong&src=hash) http://instagr.am/p/V9xGQrxf3P/ (http://t.co/PDFqQkid)

DesignatedT
02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I saw somewhere that his wife had a miscarriage. Not for sure about this but very unfortunate for Jack if true.

Joyrider
02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm surprised not one bit of information has leaked about what has been going on with SJax. You would think in this day and age, you'd have a news report or something leaking but it's been air tight. I am definitely pleased with that. Keep the private life private.

Dex
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised not one bit of information has leaked about what has been going on with SJax. You would think in this day and age, you'd have a news report or something leaking but it's been air tight. I am definitely pleased with that. Keep the private life private.

Spurs are one of the best teams in sports when it comes to keeping internal matters internal. Hell, look a what happened between Parker and the Barry's. Even with Eva involved, barely a peep seemed to come out from that.

The only thing that has come out about Jackson's absence is what he has put out himself, and that had all been vague.

ace3g
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM

Part of that is probably by design with the Spurs. If what happened is what was mentioned above I'm sure the Spurs gave SJAX his space and time.

baseline bum
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
I saw somewhere that his wife had a miscarriage. Not for sure about this but very unfortunate for Jack if true.

Damn, that's awful if true. Stay strong Stak.

look_at_g_shred
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Spurs are one of the best teams in sports when it comes to keeping internal matters internal. Hell, look a what happened between Parker and the Barry's. Even with Eva involved, barely a peep seemed to come out from that.

The only thing that has come out about Jackson's absence is what he has put out himself, and that had all been vague.

What was the story with Parker and the Barry's anyway? I never heard the full story?

Dex
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
What was the story with Parker and the Barry's anyway? I never heard the full story?

Exactly.

"Supposedly", there was some kind of scandal between Tony Parker and Erin Barry. Very little came out about it, but what did speculated everything from texting to sexting to a full blown affair.

Nothing concrete ever surfaced from it, but coincidentally, both couples (Tony and Eva, and Brent and Erin) got divorced shortly thereafter, and Brent sure hasn't been overly gushing about Tony ever since.

ThePop
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM

His instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/V5nolIxf2j/

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
His instagram:

Wow that's sad.

Muser
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Damn, feel bad for the guy.

look_at_g_shred
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Exactly.

"Supposedly", there was some kind of scandal between Tony Parker and Erin Barry. Very little came out about it, but what did speculated everything from texting to sexting to a full blown affair.

Nothing concrete ever surfaced from it, but coincidentally, both couples (Tony and Eva, and Brent and Erin) got divorced shortly thereafter, and Brent sure hasn't been overly gushing about Tony ever since.

Oh TP doing what he does best, getting to the hole.

will_spurs
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
@Monroe_SA: Chance encounter w/ Stephen Jackson at LAX; sez he'll rejoin Spurs 4 Thu. Game vs. Clips

look_at_g_shred
02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
@Monroe_SA: Chance encounter w/ Stephen Jackson at LAX; sez he'll rejoin Spurs 4 Thu. Game vs. Clips

Tight. Means no trade folks.

bigfan
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Sorry for Stephen and his family.

Samr.
02-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Tight. Means no trade folks.

I don't think you trade a guy after his wife had a miscarriage.

Or at least you don't if you're the Spurs. Some things are worth more than wins.

I would have felt real shitty if Spurs won a championship this year after they brought in someone like Al Jefferson on a year rental, but they had to trade SJax post-wife's-miscarriage to do it. Talk about a moral asterisk.

z0sa
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to SJax and his familia.

hooperflash
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
God Bless :(

Robz4000
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Stay strong Stak5. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

DapDaGenius
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Or at least you don't if you're the Spurs. Some things are worth more than wins.

I would have felt real shitty if Spurs won a championship this year after they brought in someone like Al Jefferson on a year rental, but they had to trade SJax post-wife's-miscarriage to do it. Talk about a moral asterisk.

Yeah and underneath that, I want SJax to retire a Spur like he wants to.

TampaDude
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah and underneath that, I want SJax to retire a Spur like he wants to.

^ this

MR-Clutch

superbigtime
No way is Jack involved in a trade now. No way. That would be 100% anti-Spur in this kind of situation.

BatManu20
02-20-2013, 04:54 PM
No way is Jack involved in a trade now. No way. That would be 100% anti-Spur in this kind of situation.

Yep. It wasn't happening anyways though. Spurs have already made it aware that they're not interested in Josh Smith because he's not their kind of guy, unfortunately..

dbestpro
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I still think the Spurs will go after Jefferson. In the summer.

superbigtime
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Yep. It wasn't happening anyways though. Spurs have already made it aware that they're not interested in Josh Smith because he's not their kind of guy, unfortunately..

Yeah. That's okay I guess because he does have his issues (Smith). Would love to see Milsap in silver and black. But that won't happen either. Jack is staying and hopefully he will get this finger healed and can be consistent offensively. I doubt Spurs are going to get anything for Blair either. They ought to just keep Blair, and get Baynes some real playing time in preparation for < 10 mins of ball during the playoffs.

bigfan
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I hope we just keep what we got. We've got the best record in the league, I think we will be competitive come playoff time.

TDomination
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
;( man thats tough if true.

Hang in there SJAX.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
That shit is its own special kind of hell, amazed he's planning on being back so soon. He's one tough dude, no doubt.

Bigzax
02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
prayers to stephen and his family...Godbless him and may his child rest in peace.

ace3g
02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Like Samr said, trading SJAX just wouldn't be right after what he has gone through, instead I wonder if the Spurs try to trade for a SF to give him more time to handle his personal matters.

dylankerouac
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Stay strong SJax.

racm
02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers go to Captain Jack.

Also, I like how the Spurs organization keeps their players' personal issues out of the way regarding basketball. Unlike the Lakers who seemingly just have to air their dirty laundry every other day.

Bruno
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
instead I wonder if the Spurs try to trade for a SF to give him more time to handle his personal matters.

After the second leg of the RRT, Spurs will basically spend the rest of the season in SA. It will allow Jack to be a lot with his family.

racm
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
After the second leg of the RRT, Spurs will basically spend the rest of the season in SA. It will allow Jack to be a lot with his family.

Two road games in March and no road trips.

KenziE
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Jax may be having an off year but before he came back everyone was missing his toughness now hes here and kinda under performing a lot of people want to trade him -- there's this old saying " you'll never know how much you need something until you lose it "

Capt Jack will be needed in the playoffs !

stay strong Capt. !

Dingle Barry
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
That fucking sucks. Can't even imagine what that's like, even more so for the mother. Damn.

Budkin
02-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Damn that Instagram made me tear up. Poor Jack.

Old School 44
02-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Very sad indeed. This type of hush, respectful treatment by the Spurs I'm sure breeds crazy loyalty from some players. Stay strong...our prayers are with you.

jermaine
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
If you know anything about Jack, he loves his kids man. Im a father man. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids.

KaiRMD1
02-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Whoa, I had a friend go through that recently. My prayers are with Jax and his family during this time.

Darkwaters
02-21-2013, 05:59 AM

You don't get it.

People were thinking that Jackson hadn't been around because he was about to get traded, not because of the miscarriage. But since he did have a family event, which legitimately took him away, it puts his absence in a new light. He wasn't gone because he was getting moved, but because of a legitimate family issue.

Mal
02-21-2013, 06:11 AM
There also is question, will he managed to play basketball in next few months ? Spurs need him, but what if he cant find passion to the game ? If he`s traded, the other team wouldnt use him after all.

I wouldnt consider not trading him. Personal life is personal life, but NBA is also a buisness. And trading him shouldnt affect his personal life in next weeks.

jmard5
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
His instagram:

That's tough. Prayers as well.

bklynspursfan
02-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Seems that was the case with Jack. Prayers go out to him and his family.

LOS ANGELES – Returning to the game he loves and the team he considers family, Spurs guard-forward Stephen Jackson suited up on Thursday for the first time since learning last week that his wife, Renata, had lost the child she had been carrying for six-and-a-half months

Jackson said daily phone calls from Spurs captain Tim Duncan and support from other members of the Spurs family, from owner Peter Holt to general manager R.C. Buford and broadcaster Sean Elliott, have helped him cope.
“The family atmosphere of this organization is one of a kind,” he said. “Luckily, I’m on this Spurs team while I’m going through this situation because it’s definitely helpful being around these guys.”
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/02/21/spurs-jackson-happy-to-return-to-action/

davidbowie
02-22-2013, 12:54 AM
man...got a lump in my throat reading those quotes.

we love you jack!

Whisky Dog
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Had the same thing happen to me and the ex (the miscarriage thing) twice back in 2006... emotional times for sure. Jack will be fine though.

capek
02-22-2013, 03:05 AM
lost the child she had been carrying for six-and-a-half months

Oh shit, that's a punch to the gut. That's a long time to carry a child only to have it end in miscarriage. Very sad for him, but glad he's back with the team, and hopefully he's on the way to getting back to normalcy in his life.

Spurs Brazil
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers go to Jax

spursfan09
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think it's considered miscarriage at that point. It's basically giving birth to a stillborn. Which I don't even want to think about.