PDA

View Full Version : I've got Good News and Bad News

jsgtaw
07-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Happy 4th everybody!

I love America, but I fear for this country's future.

America today is like Lester Roloff said: "An insane asylum run by the inmates."

So what is the problem with America?

Well, I'll start with the bad news:

America's number one problem is the sin of its people. This is a worldwide problem common to all men.

God has said, "ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Who does this "ALL" include? It includes me, it includes you, and everyone we know and see everyday. The "ALL" is everybody who has ever been born into this world. Well, almost everybody.

What is sin? It is described above as "falling short of God's glory." Basically, it's not measuring up to God's righteous standard.

What is God's righteous standard?

Ever heard of the Ten Commandments? Here they are:
(Remember, this is God speaking)
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image (idols).
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not committ adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness (lie).
10. Thou shalt not covet.

Answer these questions honestly:
"Have you ever made ANYTHING in your life more important than God? Is God first in your life?" (See commandments 1 and 2)

"Have you ever used God's name as a cuss word?" (See commandment 3)

"Have you ever not set aside a day during the week to honor the LORD?" (See commandment 4)

"Have you ever dishonored or disobeyed your parents?" (See commandment 5)

"Have you ever killed anyone?" Okay, most of you probably have not, but did you know that, in God's eyes, HATE is the same as MURDER? (See commandment 6)

"Have you ever committed adultery [sexual immorality]?" God also considers LUSTING in your mind after somebody to be sexual immorality. (See commandment 7)

"Have you ever stolen anything?" It doesn't matter how little it was. Stealing is stealing. (See commandment 8)

"Have you ever lied?" This includes little, white lies. (See commandment 9)

"Have you ever wanted something so bad that you were jealous?" (See commandment 10)

Okay, so how many of the commandments have you broken? If you were to be honest with yourself, you would see that you do not measure up to God's righteous standard. You are probably saying to yourself, "Nobody measures up to this standard." If you are thinking that than, guess what, you are right. But God doesn't measure how "good" we are against how "bad" someone else might be. As was said before, "ALL have sinned."

Not feeling very good right now? You shouldn't be. I didn't feel very good when I first heard this news either. Hang with me, it gets much WORSE.

Okay, so now you see that you don't measure up to God's righteous standard? So what does that mean? Well, you can call the Ten Commandments "God's Law". You've broken God's Law.

What happens when you break the law here in America? There is a penalty for it. If you are caught speeding, then you would get a ticket for it, and have to pay the fine. The same is true with God's Law. For those who break it, which includes everbody, there is a penalty. And, no, it isn't a $40.00 fine.

Do you think that God will not see you sinning by breaking His law? Ponder this:

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

There is no escaping Him. You cannot run from God.

So what is the penalty for breaking God's Law? What is the penalty for sin?
Here it is:

"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God"

God will judge all those who break His commandments with DEATH. What is that DEATH?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the second DEATH."

To sum up the bad news:

1. ALL have sinned, including YOU.
2. You have sinned by breaking God's Law; you have not measured up to His righteous standard.
3. You will face God's JUDGEMENT and PENALTY for breaking His holy law.

Okay, that was the bad news. It is imperative that I share it with you. I do not write this out of hate, or prejudice, or self-righteousness, but out of LOVE. God wants everybody to be warned about this, and I am writing this to warn you.

You are probably now wondering if there is a remedy. What can you do to escape God's judgement?

Are you ready for the Good News?

God Himself has mad a way that you can be saved from His judgement.

Go to this link to learn more: http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp

Or, you can email me at: [email protected] and I will be glad to share this Good News with you.

Do not delay, you never know when your time will run out:

"behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

JoeChalupa
07-04-2005, 12:28 PM
This looks familiar.
Thanks for the link.

IcemanCometh
07-04-2005, 12:39 PM
yeah thanks for that bullshit

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I think I do measure up to God, I mean, we ARE talking about Manny, right?

Technically, I even beat God - since I can drive a standard truck without killing the engine because the E-Brake is on.

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh, and just to get it out of the way...I just saved a bunch on my car insurance by switching to...

http://images.usatoday.com/life/gallery/mascots/03-11-gecko.jpg

Mr. Ash
07-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Go to this link to learn more: http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp

Wow, a real live Jack Chick link. I never thought I'd actually see someone really post one. I'm sorry for you.

danyel
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
See you all in hell, first drink is on me

Guru of Nothing
07-04-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm way below the Mendoza line.

blaze89
07-05-2005, 12:59 AM
"Have you ever killed anyone?" Okay, most of you probably have not, but did you know that, in God's eyes, HATE is the same as MURDER?"

So if I hated the Lakers, have I commited a sin?

Swishy McJackass
07-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Dude, just go all the way and murder the Lakers. You're going to hell for hating them anyway. :devil

travis2
07-05-2005, 07:24 AM
*sigh*...there are still people out there who think using Jack Chick as a source is a good thing...

Jekka
07-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Ahahahahaha

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

"Have you ever made ANYTHING in your life more important than God? Is God first in your life?" (See commandments 1 and 2)
Will God pay my rent? Nope, so I guess the first of the month is reserved for keeping a roof over my head. Unless I wanted to be a nun ... but then I'd have to take the vow of chastity (but let's face it, God's a lousy husband - we can't all have the ecstacy of St Teresa apparently).

"Have you ever used God's name as a cuss word?" (See commandment 3)
Goddamn, that's a lame commandment.

"Have you ever not set aside a day during the week to honor the LORD?" (See commandment 4)
You know, I did that for the first 18 years of my life ... and it got me nowhere. So I stopped, I'm not stupid.

"Have you ever dishonored or disobeyed your parents?" (See commandment 5)
I'm sorry, I disobeyed my parents a few times - but it's good to know that the prodigal son will be sitting courtside in hell with me.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" Okay, most of you probably have not, but did you know that, in God's eyes, HATE is the same as MURDER? (See commandment 6)
Where does it say that hate is the same as murder. Seriously, I want a verse in the Bible that says it - and then I want a verse that hasn't been through 6 translations to get there.

"Have you ever committed adultery [sexual immorality]?" God also considers LUSTING in your mind after somebody to be sexual immorality. (See commandment 7)
Since when was adultery (which is pretty specific) suddenly equatable to all sexual immorality? And why would God give us hormones that weren't controllable by marriage vows if God didn't intend for us to use them?

"Have you ever stolen anything?" It doesn't matter how little it was. Stealing is stealing. (See commandment 8)
Oh God, I stole a piece of gum from my sister's purse last month! I must be going to hell! Talk to Ken Lay, and then get back to me.

"Have you ever lied?" This includes little, white lies. (See commandment 9)
I'm sorry I lied to my parents and told them I was at school when I was really at a friend's house sleeping all day that one day because my insomnia had kept me up for a week and my parents wouldn't let me stay home. Am I forgiven now for that lie?

"Have you ever wanted something so bad that you were jealous?" (See commandment 10) I admit it, sometimes I am a little jealous that people like yourself are so naive as to think you can save the world with lectures and Jesus-freak internet links. It must be nice to have all the answers.

hendrix
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Dude, just go all the way and murder the Lakers. You're going to hell for hating them anyway. :devil

:lol :lol :lol

Guru of Nothing
07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/images/110a.jpg

Satan's attacks did not stop in ancient times ... they still go on today!

http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/images/110b.jpg

bigzak25
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM
here's any knowledgable christians take...and mine.

we are all sinners and we have all broken most of the commandments at one time or another...but the commandments are dated, as i'm sure your link suggests. We are all saved through Jesus Christ. He died for all of our sins so that God will NOT pass judgment for breaking his commandments.

Through Jesus, knowing Him and having faith in Him, we are Saved...and i don't need to click on a link to know that.

I'm glad when anyone finds Jesus in their hearts, but I am no sure that the threat of fire and brimstone is the best way to win people over. At best you scare the ignorant. At worst, you alienate and push further those that would have found him on their own.

Shelly
07-05-2005, 05:44 PM
http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/images/110a.jpg

Satan's attacks did not stop in ancient times ... they still go on today!

http://www.chick.com/catalog/comics/images/110b.jpg

:lmao

Chick tracts rule!

Hook Dem
07-06-2005, 10:47 AM
"America today is like Lester Roloff said: "An insane asylum run by the inmates." "..............Ahhhhhhhhh yessssssss Lester Roloff.........just ask anyone from Corpus Christi old enough to remember! . I remember that kook!