PDA

View Full Version : Been getting into Country Music lately.

reason
02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
The GF listens to it and I must say that Country music has some great songs with some powerful, yet sometimes funny, lyrics about love, life and family. I can understand most of what they are saying and the lyrics are basic english and not all these slang sayings. The fact that the GF loves it and gets her in the mood is a major plus.
I know some think Country music is BS due to Taylor Swift but if you truly listen to the music it is very romantic. Trust me. It works for me.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2013, 01:31 PM
country music these days sucks. listen to merle, waylon, willie, george jones, etc.

Spur|n|Austin
02-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I was born and raised on country music, still love the likes of Willie, George Strait, Clint Black, etc., but what country music has turned into is a joke. The lyrics are usually bad, and the the music is too poppy for my taste.. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Texas Country on the other hand, is still listened to daily by me.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2013, 01:52 PM
johnny cash, paycheck, don williams, john prine

baseline bum
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Cash and Hank Williams (first one, not retard teabagger III) are really good, but I can't get into much else in country.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2013, 01:58 PM
OP probably thinks Carrie Underwood is authentic country.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Country is more pop than country these days.

mrsmaalox
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I love the old stuff my mama loved, but the new stuff just isn't country.

Drachen
02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry. You should break up with your GF

z0sa
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I hear ya on your g/f. For some reason, chicks just love country. I even know black chicks who fucking love country and will spout every lyric off on the radio... it's kinda insane.

reason
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I love the old stuff my mama loved, but the new stuff just isn't country.

You old farts are stuck in the past. Yes, Carrie Underwood is country...today's country!! Not that old sobbing drunk songs from old country. Get with the program folks. Just like today "rock" isn't rock but new age rock, not classic rock and WTF is up with RAP/HIP HOP!? Ain't none of that even romantic unless you all call bangin' ho's romantic.

There is plenty of great new country out there and if you all think Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney are not true country music stars you all are nuts.

mrsmaalox
02-21-2013, 05:06 PM
You old farts are stuck in the past. Yes, Carrie Underwood is country...today's country!! Not that old sobbing drunk songs from old country. Get with the program folks. Just like today "rock" isn't rock but new age rock, not classic rock and WTF is up with RAP/HIP HOP!? Ain't none of that even romantic unless you all call bangin' ho's romantic.

There is plenty of great new country out there and if you all think Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney are not true country music stars you all are nuts.

Well you have a point. I was raised I guess on more Texas swing and "hillbillier" kind of music, and I just don't hear too much of that today.

to21
02-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Texas Country on the other hand, is still listened to daily by me.:tu

ShinerBlack
02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Kevin Fowler and Roger Creager are the best. When I worked in Arkansas a couple of summers ago I listened to Somewhere Down in Texas every damn day.

sjacquemotte
02-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah theres alot of pop in it. But Eric Church, Zac Brown Band, and Brad Paisley are pretty good. Strait is still around and Darius Rucker has some great ones!

Vladimir Lenin
02-23-2013, 07:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgoHgpsb9I

HOT