PDA

View Full Version : Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home.....

TSA
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
And dead man's family says its not fair :lol unbelievable

http://wap.myfoxdfw.com/w/main/story/85318181/
Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home
Feb 18, 2013 10:24 p.m.

An elderly man shot and killed a would-be burglar inside his Oak Cliff home.

Police say the homeowner saw Deyfon Pipkins, 33, trying to climb into the window and fired his weapon at least once at the intruder.

The homeowner is legally protected by the Castle Doctrine, which allows a person to defend his or her home against an intruder.

"It means they don't actually have to retreat once someone comes in their home," Sergeant Calvin Johnson, Dallas Police Department, said. "You have the option of using deadly force if you believe your life is in danger."

After police notified relatives of Pipkins' death, some showed up at the house. They were upset, and questioned the homeowner's actions.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."

Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.

The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but Dallas police will refer the case to the Grand Jury to decide if he acted criminally in shooting the intruder.

ididnotnothat
02-21-2013, 02:44 PM
No need for a warning. No need for a trial.

z0sa
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
A neighbor down the street did the exact same thing. He's an elderly man, maybe 70, and he was waken by the burglar coming through a window visible from his bedroom. He literally sat in bed, aimed and waited for the intruder to get through, then fired. No charges. Whether its right or wrong, it's still easily protected by castle doctrine, especially for someone elderly who would have no chance in an actual physical struggle.

bus driver
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Police say the homeowner saw Deyfon Pipkins, 33, trying to climb into the window and fired his weapon at least once at the intruder.

The homeowner is legally protected by the Castle Doctrine, which allows a person to defend his or her home against an intruder.

"It means they don't actually have to retreat once someone comes in their home," Sergeant Calvin Johnson, Dallas Police Department, said. "You have the option of using deadly force if you believe your life is in danger."

After police notified relatives of Pipkins' death, some showed up at the house. They were upset, and questioned the homeowner's actions.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."

Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.

The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but Dallas police will refer the case to the Grand Jury to decide if he acted criminally in shooting the intruder.

do we need to guess the race of the deceased?
live by the sword and you die by the sword. nothing here to see

baseline bum
02-21-2013, 03:13 PM
You never know if the asshole breaking in would rather eliminate the witness than go to jail when he's caught, so fuck warnings.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Warning :lol

Sportcamper
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
In a way I kind of feel sorry for the intruder...What kind of parent would name their child "Deyfon Pipkins"...

Trill Clinton
02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
jesus christ.

his family needs to chill.

they dumb ass brother, cousin, uncle, got his ass murked for being a criminal.

aint no way around it.

Huey Freeman
02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Good for the old man tbh. Fuck got what he deserved.

manufan10
02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
People asking for a "warning" are just as bad as the people who claim that they should just shoot the intruder in the arm/leg.

CubanMustGo
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I just hope the family and their hoodlum friends don't come after the old man.

baseline bum
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I just hope the family and their hoodlum friends don't come after the old man.

Why? They can get got too.

Jesus
02-21-2013, 04:39 PM
jesus christ.

his family needs to chill.

they dumb ass brother, cousin, uncle, got his ass murked for being a criminal.

aint no way around it.

I pray for their loss. You should do the same.

benefactor
02-21-2013, 04:50 PM
http://hypervocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Clint-Eastwood.gif

benefactor
02-21-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree with everyone else. You come in my house without being invited, then I don't know your intentions. I've got wife and a daughter.

I will shoot...and you will die.

reason
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Enter at your own risk. Risk of dying that is.

resistanze
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
The family's just emotional 'cause he got capped. :lol

Rarely do you ever see a family come out and say "good, I'm glad you killed that fucker", even though I'm 100% sure that's what my family would've said.

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2013, 05:06 PM
so whats the difference between this castle doctrine, and what obama killing ppl without the attempt of arresting people wasting taxpayers money through the legal system? isnt it the same shit? why not approve of it...

CubanMustGo
02-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Not if they set him up. He's just one old guy (who defended himself, and I support what he did 100%), but people like this can be sick bastards.

cantthinkofanything
02-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Not if they set him up. He's just one old guy (who defended himself, and I support what he did 100%), but people like this can be sick bastards.

yep. the could put together a tactical team and strike him during the night. have 2 on each door, cover on all the windows. two more drop down on his roof. Game over.

phxspurfan
02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I would have done the same thing. Cheers to the man for defending his home against the criminal intruder.

mrsmaalox
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
That family should have warned Deyfon not to be a thief.

clambake
02-21-2013, 05:22 PM
people in oak cliff live to 70?

Robber
02-21-2013, 05:25 PM
fuckin honky. fuckin davey crocket coulda fired a warning shot.

man on wire
02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
he could have trapped the intruder and then called for help.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/contrapunctus/IMG_0785.jpg

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Lakesha is a pretty typical groid name but I've never heard of Deyfon

mavs>spurs
02-21-2013, 06:36 PM
if they dare to charge this guy with SHIT i'm going down to the police station and raising all out hell it's time we stand up for our rights

bitch ass motherfuker got what he deserved and i'm glad his worthless ass is dead

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
if they dare to charge this guy with SHIT i'm going down to the police station and raising all out hell it's time we stand up for our rightsThey won't and you wouldn't do anything if they did.

mavs>spurs
02-21-2013, 06:39 PM
shut the fuck up you pussy ass son of a bitch, i'd go down there and raise fucking hell and you'd suck my dick if u didn't like it

mavs>spurs
02-21-2013, 06:39 PM
FUCK THAT DEAD BITCH LET'S ALL CELEBRATE HIS DEATH!!!! YAY FOR RIGHTS :flag:

ChumpDumper
02-21-2013, 06:50 PM
shut the fuck up you pussy ass son of a bitch, i'd go down there and raise fucking hell and you'd suck my dick if u didn't like itI'm pretty indifferent about it tbh -- I just know you wouldn't do it.

TSA
02-21-2013, 07:07 PM
What would a defenseless Blake have done in this situation?

CubanSucks
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltotb21FAW1qb9wbfo1_500.png

I was gonna make a joke like "What Would Furious Styles Do?" but then I genuinely thought "I wonder what this woman would think about that scene from Boyz in the Hood" seeing as how that character was a Malcolm X wannabe

DMC
02-21-2013, 07:22 PM

He would have called Tyrone from his wife's bedroom to deal with it.

lil'mo
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
FUCK THAT DEAD BITCH LET'S ALL CELEBRATE HIS DEATH!!!! YAY FOR RIGHTS :flag:

You know these guys? They your neighbors?

Vladimir Lenin
02-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Sunny south side oak cliff

mouse
02-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Vladimir Lenin try to stay in Character.

Latarian Milton
02-22-2013, 08:49 AM
south african sprinter is being tried for doing basically the same thing...

Blake
02-22-2013, 09:31 AM

:lol so someone that doesn't own a gun is defenseless?

Not true, but since you think so and you admit you don't carry a concealed:

What would a defenseless TSA do in a movie theater if someone pulls out a gun?

Blake
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Tyrone is black and naked in this fantasy of yours, isn't he.

mouse
02-22-2013, 09:40 AM

____ ^ :lmao on a roll today!

TSA
02-22-2013, 11:49 AM
:lol so someone that doesn't own a gun is defenseless?

Not true, but since you think so and you admit you don't carry a concealed:

What would a defenseless TSA do in a movie theater if someone pulls out a gun?instead of deflecting and bringing up a scenario that has happened ONCE and asking me how I'd handle it, answer the question. What would you have done in the situation? What are your defenses? Run? Try your luck with a knife? Tuck into a cuckball in the closet and hope Tyrone just takes what he wants, like he always does.

rascal
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Not if they put a hit on this guy. They can get him anywhere by surprise. This old man won't be clutching a gun where ever he goes.

Blake
02-22-2013, 01:05 PM
instead of deflecting and bringing up a scenario that has happened ONCE and asking me how I'd handle it, answer the question. What would you have done in the situation? What are your defenses? Run? Try your luck with a knife? Tuck into a cuckball in the closet and hope Tyrone just takes what he wants, like he always does.

I already answered. Even though I don't own a gun, I'm not defenseless.

I guess if I lived in Oak Cliff and I was elderly, I might buy a gun.

Now that I've answered the same question twice, please answer mine. Just once would be fine.

DarkReign
02-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I agree with everyone else. You come in my house without being invited, then I don't know your intentions. I've got wife and a daughter.

I will shoot...and you will die.

Excellently put.

TSA
02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
I dont go to movies, so the situation doesnt apply to me. Now, you didn't answer anything. How would you have handled the situation?

Vladimir Lenin
02-22-2013, 01:26 PM
In mother russian President kills you.

jag
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Even though I don't own a gun, I'm not defenseless.

You got a taser, brah?

Blake
02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I dont go to movies, so the situation doesnt apply to me. Now, you didn't answer anything. How would you have handled the situation?

I would have shot the intruder the same because, again I might, make that probably, would own a gun.

I have no idea why you think if I were elderly and lived in that neighborhood that I wouldn't own a gun.

and why you are demanding an answer from me regarding a silly hypothetical, but are being a huge pussy about answering mine? Are you really trying to avoid the question because you don't go to movie theaters?

Do you never leave the house at all? That might explain your fears and insecurities.

jag
02-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Got one of these, brah? You do a little stick fighting?

http://www.weaponstrainingnyc.com/photos/photo_stick101.jpg

jag
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Or is your body the weapon? You into the Arts, brah?

http://fast1.onesite.com/profnetconnect.com/user/senseijohnmirrione/94350966a9e19594ccf316dd8e6e2fdd.jpg?v=270000

Xevious
02-22-2013, 01:47 PM
A warning? :lmao

Did Deyfon call out a warning that he was going to break into the old man's house?

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
:lol

TSA
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
I would have shot the intruder the same because, again I might, make that probably, would own a gun.

I have no idea why you think if I were elderly and lived in that neighborhood that I wouldn't own a gun.

and why you are demanding an answer from me regarding a silly hypothetical, but are being a huge pussy about answering mine? Are you really trying to avoid the question because you don't go to movie theaters?

Do you never leave the house at all? That might explain your fears and insecurities.because I don't go to movies means I don't leave the house? You're a fucking idiot. This isn't a debate about my hobbies, and I don't feel the need to list them for you. You're really reaching here bro. I haven't been to a movie theater since Avatar came out. And :lol at the never get out of the house comment, Mr 20,000+ post Internet guy.

And you don't own a gun, so how are you going to defend yourself if you were in this man's situation today? You can't say you'd use a gun because again, you don't have or want one. What means do you have to protect yourself?

jag
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
And you don't own a gun, so how are you going to defend yourself if you were in this man's situation today? You can't say you'd use a gun because again, you don't have or want one. What means do you have to protect yourself?
He already said that if he were an elderly man living in Oak Cliff by himself, he'd probably own a gun. So that answers your question.

I'd like to know how exactly he presently considers himself not defenseless.

TSA
02-22-2013, 02:52 PM
This also what I want to know. I didn't think he'd take the question so literally and pretend to also be an elderly man.

cantthinkofanything
02-22-2013, 03:03 PM
He already said that if he were an elderly man living in Oak Cliff by himself, he'd probably own a gun. So that answers your question.

If I were an elderly old man living in Oak Cliff, I would own a gun. And I would use that gun on myself.

TSA
02-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Here you go Blake, a hypothetical situation where you aren't an elderly man. How do you defend yourself?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/21-year-old-protects-family-kills-suspect-during-home-invasion-in-NW-Harris-County-192475271.html
HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.
The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when three armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.
The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.
“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”
After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.
“I just hear a couple of times; boom, boom, boom. One young life is lost,” the dad said.
Deputies responding to the call spotted a vehicle carrying two men who matched the suspects’ descriptions and pulled it over. The men were taken into custody for questioning.
Deputies said they do not know why the suspects targeted this home.
“At this point, we don’t know what the motive is behind this home invasion, but they did force entry into the residence,” said Sgt. Greg Pinkins, Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do.
“People can’t go breaking into people’s homes and not expect some sort of consequence," said Harry Moulder.
No charges were expected to be filed against the homeowner’s son.

Blake
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
This also what I want to know. I didn't think he'd take the question so literally and pretend to also be an elderly man.

Huh? How else was I to take your question? Where I currently live, I simply don't need a gun.

El Chorizo
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
A few chingasos and I'd have taken the vato out.

Blake
02-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Here you go Blake, a hypothetical situation where you aren't an elderly man. How do you defend yourself?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/21-year-old-protects-family-kills-suspect-during-home-invasion-in-NW-Harris-County-192475271.html
HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.
The young man was home with his mother and father in the 3900 block of Brook Garden when three armed men forced their way into the house around 8 p.m., according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.
The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door.
“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”
After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.
“I just hear a couple of times; boom, boom, boom. One young life is lost,” the dad said.
Deputies responding to the call spotted a vehicle carrying two men who matched the suspects’ descriptions and pulled it over. The men were taken into custody for questioning.
Deputies said they do not know why the suspects targeted this home.
“At this point, we don’t know what the motive is behind this home invasion, but they did force entry into the residence,” said Sgt. Greg Pinkins, Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do.
“People can’t go breaking into people’s homes and not expect some sort of consequence," said Harry Moulder.
No charges were expected to be filed against the homeowner’s son.

First, I don't open the door unless I'm expecting someone.

Second, if I do and I'm knocked to the ground by three armed men, I'm not sure how I'd defend myself. What would you do?

Blake
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM

I have a decent security system, I'm aware of my surroundings, etc.

But on that 0.00000000001 chance someone actually makes it inside my house with me in it, I think I can quickly find something to use as a weapon if I have to.

Blake
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
because I don't go to movies means I don't leave the house? You're a fucking idiot. This isn't a debate about my hobbies, and I don't feel the need to list them for you. You're really reaching here bro. I haven't been to a movie theater since Avatar came out. And :lol at the never get out of the house comment, Mr 20,000+ post Internet guy.

That's wonderful.

Now how would you defend yourself if someone attacked you in public.

I think this is the third time I've asked this?

TSA
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
You've taken chumps shtick to an even stupider level, answering questions with questions while never giving a straight answer. You claim you aren't defenseless without a gun, so what are your defenses?

Blake
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
You've taken chumps shtick to an even stupider level, answering questions with questions while never giving a straight answer. You claim you aren't defenseless without a gun, so what are your defenses?

security system, common sense, and household items.

Fourth time, how would you defend yourself in public without your gun?

DMC
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM

With lint in his beard and his fro, a Kool Filter King hanging from his lip and he's sweaty with a Mandingo anger, 300 years of pent up slave rage rushing from the bedroom, his bulbous helmet making a popping sound as it exits your wife's puckered, almost prolapsed anus.

silverblk mystix
02-22-2013, 05:36 PM

I am confused...a lot of the "experts" in here were saying this exact thing when the shooter was a cop??? :lmao

TSA
02-22-2013, 05:37 PM

Actually it's only the second time you've asked, the first two were about being in a movie theatre. If you want to start a thread about being attacked in public I'd be more than happy to answer. But this thread is not about that, this thread is about home invasions. Why do you keep trying to move the goalposts?

We both know security systems aren't 100% reliable, and criminals don't care about you're use of common sense, so when faced with an armed intruder, what household item are you going to protect your life with?

lakerhaterade
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
With lint in his beard and his fro, a Kool Filter King hanging from his lip and he's sweaty with a Mandingo anger, 300 years of pent up slave rage rushing from the bedroom, his bulbous helmet making a popping sound as it exits your wife's puckered, almost prolapsed anus.

:lmao

bigzak25
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
I think I need to buy a gun for home invasions. Not for my own, just to start finding out where some of you dumbasses live and start thinning out the population. I'll have to request a pic from some of you and enlist wild cobra's help but it's doable.

Pick of Destiny
02-22-2013, 06:05 PM

WTF!?!? Any sane person would use everything and anything at their disposal including teeth,nails, fists, feet, knees, elbows, head etc.

bigzak25
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
when you got a gun to your temple, the only weapon you have is your mouth and you better learn to talk your way outta some shit quick. get your assailant to turn religious real quick if you can.

Blake
02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually it's only the second time you've asked, the first two were about being in a movie theatre. If you want to start a thread about being attacked in public I'd be more than happy to answer. But this thread is not about that, this thread is about home invasions. Why do you keep trying to move the goalposts?

What goalposts? I'm simply asking you a question.

Your pussyness is duly noted. For the ”3rd” time.

We both know security systems aren't 100% reliable, and criminals don't care about you're use of common sense, so when faced with an armed intruder, what household item are you going to protect your life with?

Again, an armed intruder entering my house where I currently live is such a low, low possibility it's not worth entertaining the thought for me.

sidebar: this had been a great thread per your usual. :tu

mavs>spurs
02-22-2013, 07:41 PM
"Again, an armed intruder entering my house where I currently live is such a low, low possibility it's not worth entertaining the thought for me.

that's what you think but you lost all of your manly instincts long ago. you got no survival instinct, darwinism tbh.

TSA
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Again, an armed intruder entering my house where I currently live is such a low, low possibility it's not worth entertaining the thought for me.

And you expect me to entertain the thought of being caught in an Aurora like shooting? The chances of being caught in a public massacre are almost unquantifiable, home invasions are not. But hey, you keep believing you are safe at home, just like you kept believing your wife wasn't cheating on you.

silverblk mystix
02-22-2013, 10:46 PM
And you expect me to entertain the thought of being caught in an Aurora like shooting? The chances of being caught in a public massacre are almost unquantifiable, home invasions are not. But hey, you keep believing you are safe at home, just like you kept believing your wife wasn't cheating on you.

zzziiiinnngggg!!!!!!

Bobby Boucher
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
I think I need to buy a gun for home invasions. Not for my own, just to start finding out where some of you dumbasses live and start thinning out the population. I'll have to request a pic from some of you and enlist wild cobra's help but it's doable.

With your documented mental health history, this post could land you an all expense paid free 6 month vacation tbh.

Blake
02-22-2013, 11:24 PM

The chances of you getting attacked in public are greater than the chances of someone breaking into my home based on stats from my neighborhood and based on the layout of my property.

But hey, keep dodging my questions, pussy. :tu

lefty
02-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Tough month for intruders

Wild Cobra
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Tough month for intruders
May all home invasion intruders be met with deadly force.

lefty
02-23-2013, 12:04 AM
If I were an elderly old man living in Oak Cliff, I would own a gun. And I would use that gun on myself.
The pic in your avy looks familiar TBH

redzero
02-23-2013, 08:05 AM
May all home invasion intruders be met with deadly force.

Sup, Morbo?

http://imageshack.us/a/img98/4417/morbo.gif

cantthinkofanything
02-23-2013, 08:45 AM
The pic in your avy looks familiar TBH

Just some chick I stole from some nerd.

bigzak25
02-23-2013, 10:09 AM
With your documented mental health history, this post could land you an all expense paid free 6 month vacation tbh.

Hey id be performing a valuable service dumbass. Please submit your house pic asap bobby.

jag
02-23-2013, 10:29 AM

DMC so underrated.

lefty
02-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Just some chick I stole from some nerd.
hey fuck you

DJR210
02-23-2013, 03:55 PM
if they dare to charge this guy with SHIT i'm going down to the police station and raising all out hell it's time we stand up for our rights

bitch ass motherfuker got what he deserved and i'm glad his worthless ass is dead

I am a fan of yours for life with this comment tbh.. I'm glad that bitch ass fool is maggot food myself, being robbed is bullshit. If you worthless to the point you can't even get a job at Jack, and gotta rob people, go steal shit from Walmart or someshit, not people trying to earn an honest living and do their thing.

I'm not a killer but would take a sincere pride in blowing a mother fuckers head off who had the balls to come into my house knowing I may be inside. The Homeowner should have killed the family when they showed up too..

Robber
02-23-2013, 04:20 PM
I am a fan of yours for life with this comment tbh.. I'm glad that bitch ass fool is maggot food myself, being robbed is bullshit. If you worthless to the point you can't even get a job at Jack, and gotta rob people, go steal shit from Walmart or someshit, not people trying to earn an honest living and do their thing.

I'm not a killer but would take a sincere pride in blowing a mother fuckers head off who had the balls to come into my house knowing I may be inside. The Homeowner should have killed the family when they showed up too..

You wouldnt have done shit!

DJR210
02-23-2013, 06:22 PM
You wouldnt have done shit!
:lol

baseline bum
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM

:rollin

In Texas you always have to face a grand jury when you kill someone, but it's a formality and he'll be fine since burglary of an occupied residence is considered a violent crime in Texas and you could always use deadly force when someone is comitting a violent crime in your house/apartment.