PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: rockets-OKC playoff ?

rjv
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
this is a possible matchup that could be a tough draw for the thunder. i personally would rather get golden state in the 1st round and watch the thunder-rockets go head to head.

sook
02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
please no. The thunder are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. It was pretty evident that we don't have enough bigs to guard them. We pick out poison everytime we defend them, we would most likely only win 1 or 2 games unless we got a legit 4.

DAF86
02-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Easy series for the Thunder. They dominated the first two games and the Rockets won the last one thanks to a miracle, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Ya, OKC probably sweeps..

As much as I like and have defended Harden, he's been terrible against OKC until last night..

BatManu20
02-21-2013, 06:24 PM
OKC would win in 5, maybe 4 tbh. Harden's not scoring 46 on them again.

TIMMYtoZO
02-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Not an ideal matchup for Houston.

SpursIndonesia
02-21-2013, 08:53 PM
The run & gun, iso playing, jump shooting Rox will be outshot by the best jump shooting & iso going team in the league, no contest.

Robz4000
02-21-2013, 09:00 PM
If T-Rob ends up playing and doing good, they'll win a game.

Seventyniner
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
If nothing else, the Rockets will wear their 1st round opponent out. But yeah, hard to see them taking more than 1 game from OC.

Latarian Milton
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
it's not like the rocks have a chance to make the 2nd round by any means. any top 4 team would be able to beat them in 5 games or less imho, and isn't it still early to say the lakers are out of the playoffs talk already?

racm
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
If it means lulling the Thunder into a false sense of security whereupon the Clippers ambush them, why not.

Suspect
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
for rating wise, im sure it will end up with spurs/lakers and thunder/rockets 1st round

Leon Black
02-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Dreams don't come true

noob cake
02-22-2013, 06:30 PM
We have better chances against the Spurs than the Thunderefs.

Thunderefs can chuck as well as the Rockets. A hot spell will put us past most teams.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2013, 06:30 PM
how can a top 3 seed and 2nd seed rockets meat in the playoffs unless they both advance to 2nd round?

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
please no. The thunder are a TERRIBLE matchup for us. It was pretty evident that we don't have enough bigs to guard them. We pick out poison everytime we defend them, we would most likely only win 1 or 2 games unless we got a legit 4.

Who would you prefer to play in round 1? Unless you get a top 6 seed, you're likely going to have to play either the Spurs or the Thunder. Would you really rather face our defense or take odds that maybe Refsbrook has an early meltdown and you can steal a game in OKC? Even if you get a 6 seed, then you have to deal with the Clippers, who are probably going to be a tough out knowing how clutch CP3 is.

noob cake
02-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Who would you prefer to play in round 1? Unless you get a top 6 seed, you're likely going to have to play either the Spurs or the Thunder. Would you really rather face our defense or take odds that maybe Refsbrook has an early meltdown and you can steal a game in OKC? Even if you get a 6 seed, then you have to deal with the Clippers, who are probably going to be a tough out knowing how clutch CP3 is.

We can take Monkeyball. Spurs will be though because they are a better team. Thunderefs are just better at our own style of basketball.

I rather play Spurs than Thunderefs unless we can get the 6th speed, which is not out of the question. Golden State is crashing.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2013, 06:46 PM
wtf rocket fans gettin a big head now thinkn they can beat monkeyball....

fck im not even sure if you clowns can even beat denver

noob cake
02-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Monkeyball not that good tbh

Suspect
02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
wtf rocket fans gettin a big head now thinkn they can beat monkeyball....

well we have a split series with them currently, while you guys currently do not

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
well we have a split series with them currently, while you guys currently do not

RS dont mean shit in the playoffs

Suspect
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
except for seeding and homecourt advantage

Latarian Milton
02-22-2013, 08:20 PM
for rating wise, im sure it will end up with spurs/lakers and thunder/rockets 1st round
lakers & rockets ain't gonna make the playoffs at the same time, they're both competing for one playoff spot imho

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Monkeyball not that good tbh
Monkeyball whooped you in Houston without our best player this year and then dropped nearly 50 points on you in the first quarter in LA...

SpursIndonesia
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
We can take Monkeyball. Spurs will be though because they are a better team. Thunderefs are just better at our own style of basketball.

I rather play Spurs than Thunderefs unless we can get the 6th speed, which is not out of the question. Golden State is crashing.

Agreed, it's much better going against the Spurs & Clips, at least you'll play 5 against 5 most of the time. Plenty hard to go against a team endowed with 3 more players on the court, especially when they're equipped with whistle carrying the league agenda.

The Dubs is sliding, and the Rox have decent chance to catch them up in the standing, though i must say the play off is still theirs to lose. I think it will be the Rox at 6th spot, the Jazz at 7th, and the Dubs taking the final spot.

Suspect
02-22-2013, 09:49 PM
@clipper-Do that against a championship caliber team then come back. You're talking about the rockets

Brunodf
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Jazz vs Thunderefs >>>>>>>>>>> Rockets vs Thunderefs tbh

Kai
02-22-2013, 11:30 PM
I think we'd get skullfucked. The prospect of god mode Harden against his boys is enticing though.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2013, 11:39 PM
I think we'd get skullfucked. The prospect of god mode Harden against his boys is enticing though.

I would rather face OKC and take our chances of westchimp imploding than face SA.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 11:46 PM
@clipper-Do that against a championship caliber team then come back. You're talking about the rockets
Huh? This thread is about who's the best matchup for the Rockets, tbh.... I think the Rox would have a better chance against the Thunderefs than the Clippers considering how they've played against both teams so far this year....

sook
02-23-2013, 12:43 AM

no ideal matchup but we DEFF want to stay away from the spurs and thunder. Yea the clipps can beat us but we can bridge that, they kicked our ass the first game, 2nd game we didn't have harden but I think we can hang with them. Not excuses, but match up wise they are better. Denver or memphis would be the best case if we can move high enough.

Kai
02-23-2013, 12:58 AM
tbh I don't care who we play. We have the makings of a very solid core (sans another star), and getting any playoff experience is good for us. I believe this Rockets team would be the youngest NBA team to ever make the playoffs :wow:wow

Latarian Milton
02-23-2013, 09:34 AM
i think they're far from touching that record tbh. OKC were much younger when their made the playoffs for the 1st time if i remember correct

Kai
02-23-2013, 11:22 AM
i think they're far from touching that record tbh. OKC were much younger when their made the playoffs for the 1st time if i remember correct

I don't even think OKC was the youngest team in the NBA when they popped their playoff cherry. Morey said in an interview that the Rockets would be the least experienced team in history to make the playoffs. I'm assuming he did his homework, but who knows.