PDA

View Full Version : Best PG in the league is in LA...

Spursfan092120
02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
...And he's wearing black

spurs1990
02-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Nicolas Batum ‏@nicolas88batum
"Tony Parker should be the MVP" thank you Charles Barkley #frenchconnection

cd98
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
This game is a little bit of fools gold. Spurs are playing well even without Leonard, but LA is playing that post all star funk. Spurs did it against the kings. They are much sharper today. Clippers are playing their first game back.

DJR210
02-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Charles made a good point about the typical voting for previous MVP's..I anticipate some well deserved "MVP" chants when Parker hits that free throw line the first time back..he will be player of the month as well, go ahead and book it now.

Libri
02-22-2013, 12:20 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsps9R72h2xDZGid3X5hWyWH318wwKU JL_mERmbISTsV8ID0Soxw

Halberto
02-22-2013, 12:27 AM
It's hard for anyone to argue. Parker is playing NBA 1st team basketball.

Spursfan092120
02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
This game is a little bit of fools gold. Spurs are playing well even without Leonard, but LA is playing that post all star funk. Spurs did it against the kings. They are much sharper today. Clippers are playing their first game back.
Fools gold or no, Tony would NOT play as bad as CP3 is playing tonight in a game against a major opponent. Yeah, CP3 can still come back and have a good game, but Tony wanted to come out tonight and show he was the better PG...he only gets a few opportunities against CP3 a year to do so...he's doing just that.

timvp
02-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Parker done been the best point guard in the league for a good couple months. It's obvious to anyone being intellectually honest, tbih.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-22-2013, 12:56 AM
this is just his national tv coming out party tbh.. been the best for a while now, this just making america open their eyes tbh

jesterbobman
02-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Up until this season, I've been far on the Paul > Parker side of the argument. This season, Parker and Paul are basically the same, and Parker's health has been better, so he's probably the 1a to Paul's 1b. Along with those two terrible forwards in Miami and OKC, Parker should be a lock for 1st team.

mercos
02-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Parker has not only been the best PG in the league, he has been one of the best players period in the league. He is the best non-dunking finisher in the game. His killer instinct this year is the best I've ever seen from him. Parker was really good last year, but this year he has become a true elite superstar. The clutch play and outstanding numbers simply can't be ignored. If Parker doesn't finish at least second in the MVP voting, there is something seriously wrong with the voters.

Whisky Dog
02-22-2013, 02:45 AM
If he continues this level of play throughout the rest of the season (no jinx) the Spurs may have a legit superstar to ride to a WC

Pasta Batman
02-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Parker has not only been the best PG in the league, he has been one of the best players period in the league. He is the best non-dunking finisher in the game. His killer instinct this year is the best I've ever seen from him. Parker was really good last year, but this year he has become a true elite superstar. The clutch play and outstanding numbers simply can't be ignored. If Parker doesn't finish at least second in the MVP voting, there is something seriously wrong with the voters.

If he doesn't make 1st team All NBA, I'm going to be pissed. Somehow, I'm imagining that Paul and Kobe will get the guard spots over him. Future "Fuck that"

slick'81
02-22-2013, 03:08 AM
this year it is #9

Jumi
02-22-2013, 03:47 AM
If he continues this level of play throughout the rest of the season (no jinx) the Spurs may have a legit superstar to ride to a WC

That's what I was thinking as I watched the game. Conventional wisdom says you need a "superstar" to help carry you to a title and star vs. star, TP bests his PG rivals most of the time. This year, he not only beats his position, but he carries the team like a true superstar! For once in about three seasons, the team has no glaring weakness! Now they've got to get it done!