PDA

View Full Version : We should start a Duncan for DPOY campaign

rmt
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Listening to Matt Bonner talk about his "campaign" for the 3point shooting contest, I thought that Spurs Talk should start one for TD for DPOY. There's no clear-cut front-runner this year, TD is averaging near career numbers in blks in very few minutes and the Spurs have good defensive numbers. This would probably be the last year he could even possibly win. Anybody care to spearhead a drive? I guess it would involve social media, etc of which I know nothing about. I've only just started texting in the past year - I'm seriously behind times.

Mal
02-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Duncan, Parker would get votes, but all nba / all defensive first team would be ceiling

rmt
02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Here's a thread from a basketball forum with quite a few non-spur fans voting for TD. As I said there's no clear-cut stand-out this year so why not Duncan?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291452

Phenomanul
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
#DuncanForDPOY-SinceHeWillNeverLobbyForHimself

Thomas82
02-22-2013, 11:54 PM
I would be all over this campaign!! Where do I sign?

TrainOfThought5
02-22-2013, 11:59 PM
......... hes missed a lot of games. wont that hurt him?

rmt
02-23-2013, 03:27 AM
......... hes missed a lot of games. wont that hurt him?

10 games including the ones Pop's rested him - not that much.

BatManu20
02-24-2013, 01:02 AM
He's missed games (he will probably miss a few more to rest) and he doesn't play enough minutes. No way he wins DPOY. Might make All First-team Defense though IF he can keep it up.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-24-2013, 02:01 AM
You guys are fuckin haters, I see no reason why he can't get the award. He just has to keep playing the way he has been all year.

racm
02-24-2013, 03:55 AM
1st in player Defensive Rating
Team is 3rd in Defensive Rating
3rd in blocks per game

nuff said

Juggity
02-24-2013, 04:19 AM
The flashiness and stat superiority of Ibaka/Larry Sanders will be hard to overcome, though Duncan should definitely be in consideration. Howard's name should not even enter the conversation this year.

Objectively, Ibaka isn't a better defender than Duncan. But Larry Sanders may actually be a better defender overall, tbh. The guy is a beast.

racm
02-24-2013, 04:40 AM
The flashiness and stat superiority of Ibaka/Larry Sanders will be hard to overcome, though Duncan should definitely be in consideration. Howard's name should not even enter the conversation this year.

Objectively, Ibaka isn't a better defender than Duncan. But Larry Sanders may actually be a better defender overall, tbh. The guy is a beast.

Only reason Milwaukee is even in the playoff picture tbh given how inefficient Jennings and especially Ellis are.

Then he has to cover for Ilyasova, Dunleavy, and now Redick. Fun.

exstatic
02-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Only reason Milwaukee is even in the playoff picture tbh given how inefficient Jennings and especially Ellis are.

Then he has to cover for Ilyasova, Dunleavy, and now Redick. Fun.

tbh, that creates a TON of block opportunities. I remember Chandler thanking all of his Knicks teammates for being so awful when he won the award last year. :lol

therealtruth
02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
tbh, that creates a TON of block opportunities. I remember Chandler thanking all of his Knicks teammates for being so awful when he won the award last year. :lol

Tyson Chandler didn't win DPOY because of his shot blocking ability.

Drom John
02-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Defensive WS:
P. George
J. Noah
D. West
M. Gasol
R. Hibbert
T. Duncan
K. Durant
J. Smith
Z. Randolph