PDA

View Full Version : What are the best cheap seats to view home Spurs games at AT&T Center?

mando6599
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm looking at bringing my boys to see Timmy D. and Manu play for what may be some of the last times in their careers(We live in Arlington, btw). \

They love the Spurs, just like their Dad, and I'd like to get some tickets to see the legends play. Any of the cheap seats better viewing angles than others? I'm talking balcony cheap seats. Maybe they're all the same, it's just been so long since I've been to a home Spurs game, that's all, I don't remember.

Also, do the players ever get to the court to sign autographs for the fans? If so, when do they do that normally?
Thanks so much for Spurstalkers' help in advance.

mando

Spur|n|Austin
02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Stub hub always has good prices, but really good cheap seats is quite the oxymoron.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 02:41 PM
What dates are you looking at?

What is your budget for tickets?

The answers to those questions will determine the best seats you can get.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM
i like upper level mid court

mando6599
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
What dates are you looking at?

What is your budget for tickets?

The answers to those questions will determine the best seats you can get.

Stub Hub has Dallas Mavericks game for $9 which is my kinda price with 5 children. That's during my Spring Break on March 14th, broadcast on TNT. I'm just wondering if any of those really cheap seats are actually better than other cheap seats, that's all. Thanks.

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Stub Hub has Dallas Mavericks game for $9 which is my kinda price with 5 children. That's during my Spring Break on March 14th, broadcast on TNT. I'm just wondering if any of those really cheap seats are actually better than other cheap seats, that's all. Thanks.

OK.

Generally speaking, you want to get as close to center court as possible in the lowest possible row.

A few things that might help:

1. Use the filter at the top of the Stubhub game page to change the quantity to 6 (or whatever your total is). That way, you'll only see listings that have your required number of seats together in one group.

2. I only buy "instant download" seats on Stubhub. I like knowing that Stubhub already has the tickets ready to issue. I certainly don't like the idea of waiting for a Fedex package. That's just my personal preference.

3. As you look at the seat map on Stubhub, you'll see three zones in the balcony. The baseline sections have 13 rows, the corner sections have 16 rows (except for the portions that adjoin the sideline sections), and the sideline sections have 23 rows.

4. The sections and seats are numbered in a clockwise order. So, seat 1 in each row is on the left edge as you face the row looking up from the floor. The sections with longer fronts have 18-20 seats in each row.

Finally, you may also want to check out the official resale website:

http://www.ticketsnow.com/NBA/InventoryBrowse/San-Antonio-Spurs-Tickets-at-AT-T-Center-in-San-Antonio-3-14-2013?PID=1309229

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

:flag:

mando6599
02-22-2013, 03:58 PM
OK.

Generally speaking, you want to get as close to center court as possible in the lowest possible row.

A few things that might help:

1. Use the filter at the top of the Stubhub game page to change the quantity to 6 (or whatever your total is). That way, you'll only see listings that have your required number of seats together in one group.

2. I only buy "instant download" seats on Stubhub. I like knowing that Stubhub already has the tickets ready to issue. I certainly don't like the idea of waiting for a Fedex package. That's just my personal preference.

3. As you look at the seat map on Stubhub, you'll see three zones in the balcony. The baseline sections have 13 rows, the corner sections have 16 rows (except for the portions that adjoin the sideline sections), and the sideline sections have 23 rows.

4. The sections and seats are numbered in a clockwise order. So, seat 1 in each row is on the left edge as you face the row looking up from the floor. The sections with longer fronts have 18-20 seats in each row.

Finally, you may also want to check out the official resale website:

http://www.ticketsnow.com/NBA/InventoryBrowse/San-Antonio-Spurs-Tickets-at-AT-T-Center-in-San-Antonio-3-14-2013?PID=1309229

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

:flag:

Wow! Thanks for all this great info! That really does help. I have 5 children but would only bring two oldest boys.

alamo50
02-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Mel, just wanna take time to say: "YOU ROCK".
That's all.
Carry on.

maverick1948
02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Prices differ from game to game depending on the opponent. I like sitting in the 116-117 sections for better games. Tickets cost 75 a game for top games. Then I look for center court behind teams for lesser games. Still get them for 75 or so.

Samr.
02-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Are you factoring in the cost of a lawsuit of Pop sits one or all of the big three that game?

Blake
02-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Stub Hub now has the feature where you click the icon on the left of the ticket for sale which shows you the view point from your prospective seat.

My opinion: if you aren't sitting lower level and you are in decent health for a hike, you may as well get center upper decker.

Blake
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Hell, I actually prefer the upper deck, last row some times.

I buy an extra seat to put jackets and so I can have an arm rest and stretch out. Having the back wall right beyond you is pretty nice too.

Beaverfuzz
02-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Best cheap seats are the one's someone gives you for free.

hth

disciple
02-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I waited for years to get my seats. First row of the balcony, behind the Spurs bench, in the middle. We don't have anyone getting up in front of us. Have a little shelf to place drinks etc because the first row. Don't have to get up for others moving in our out of their seats because we are in the middle. I love looking down into the spurs bench during timeouts. I can see Pop's hands and expressions.