PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game tonight.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
It might not be a big deal to those of you living in SA, but this will likely be the only Spurs game I attend this year, unless they face GSW in the playoffs or they make the Finals and I can find a way to get off work and fly down to SA.

Absolutely psyched, and I will be reppin with my Parker jersey. Going to get there as early as possible for the shootaround. Excited to see some of GSW's young players as well, Curry is a monster, and he's going to be one of the best PGs in the league for a long time to come.

Will get some pics and post them if they're halfway decent.

Hoping for a good game tonight, and by that I mean I hope I see the big three sitting most of the 4th quarter as we stay 4 games up on OKC for the #1 seed.

Go, Spurs, go!

Edit: This will also be my first game at Oracle. Hoping that crowd doesn't let me down. :tu

silverblk mystix
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
You live in the Bay Area?

Lucky bastard...

Mel_13
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
:flag:

Solid D
02-22-2013, 05:41 PM
:tu I hope you have a great time!

Chris
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
The frozen margaritas are a rip-off, just a head's up!

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
You live in the Bay Area?

Lucky bastard...

Yep, had a contact from my days in Chicago look me up and offer me a pretty good setup, so I rented a truck and loaded it down with the vitals and hauled ass out here. Running outside in a tshirt/shorts in February is the fucking truth. :tu

Robz4000
02-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Have fun, bro!

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Yep, had a contact from my days in Chicago look me up and offer me a pretty good setup, so I rented a truck and loaded it down with the vitals and hauled ass out here. Running outside in a tshirt/shorts in February is the fucking truth. :tu

Sweet area. Be sure to take a roadtrip out to Yosemite and/or the Eastern Sierra just SE of it at least once a year.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Sweet area. Be sure to take a roadtrip out to Yosemite and/or the Eastern Sierra just SE of it at least once a year.

I hit up Tahoe in December, first time snowboarding in my life. Spent much of the afternoon on my ass, but man it was a freaking blast all the same.

These Cali folks think that 50 degrees is cold and 30 degrees is unbearable. :lol

silverblk mystix
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM

I guess I don't have to tell you about Marin county...heaven on earth!

I reiterate - lucky bastard.

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I hit up Tahoe in December, first time snowboarding in my life. Spent much of the afternoon on my ass, but man it was a freaking blast all the same.

These Cali folks think that 50 degrees is cold and 30 degrees is unbearable. :lol

Dude, if you can, try to drive Tioga Pass Road to Mono Lake and back on the day it opens for the season (usually Mid May to Mid June). Also Glacier Point is an incredible view to drive to in May or early June when the road to it first opens (of course there are better views if you want to hike, but that one is pretty ridiculous for no effort whatsoever).

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
:tu I hope you have a great time!

Thanks! Parker for MVP*!

* I know LeBron probably deserves it more but I can dream! :lol

EJFischer
02-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Have fun! Being able to go to Spurs games is one of the things I miss most about living in San Antonio. Hope this is a good one for you.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Dude, if you can, try to drive Tioga Pass Road to Mono Lake and back on the day it opens for the season (usually Mid May to Mid June). Also Glacier Point is an incredible view to drive to in May or early June when the road to it first opens (of course there are better views if you want to hike, but that one is pretty ridiculous for no effort whatsoever).

I've heard of Mono Lake. It sounds incredible. And hiking is one of the best things in California, so many awesome views to be had.

timvp
02-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Soak it up. These are the good days :tu

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Soak it up. These are the good days :tu

There will come a day in the very, very near future, where we will say, "I would give almost anything right now just for another chance to see Duncan lace them up."

I realized that a couple of weeks ago, and it's been staying with me (almost haunting me in a kind of bittersweet way) ever since. Now when Spurs games are on, I clear my schedule and focus on watching the game and enjoying the artistry evident every second that I'm able to do so. The sun is setting on this dynasty, at least this chapter of it, and man, the last, fading rays are still some of the brightest, most joyous to look on. It's a privilege just to watch him set foot on the hardwood and I'm going to take everything I can away from the game tonight.

DesignatedT
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Have fun bro. Last night went as good as it could have regarding rest. Hopefully everybody dresses out for you tonight. :tu

LittleCriminal
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Make and Take a "PLAY BAYNES" Sign!!

Cry Havoc
02-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Make and Take a "PLAY BAYNES" Sign!!

Thinking about making a big sign that only says:

Good

Better

Best

on it. Spurs fans and players would get the meaning, not sure who else would. :tu

timvp
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
There will come a day in the very, very near future, where we will say, "I would give almost anything right now just for another chance to see Duncan lace them up."

I realized that a couple of weeks ago, and it's been staying with me (almost haunting me in a kind of bittersweet way) ever since. Now when Spurs games are on, I clear my schedule and focus on watching the game and enjoying the artistry evident every second that I'm able to do so. The sun is setting on this dynasty, at least this chapter of it, and man, the last, fading rays are still some of the brightest, most joyous to look on. It's a privilege just to watch him set foot on the hardwood and I'm going to take everything I can away from the game tonight.

Well said :tu

temujin
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
I guess I don't have to tell you about Marin county...heaven on earth!

I reiterate - lucky bastard.

:toast

roycrikside
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm going too. I've probably gone to like 20-25 Warriors-Spurs games at Oakland since Robinson came into the league. The crowd won't disappoint you, it's a real home court advantage if it's a close game late. But if the Warriors go down early they get quiet like everyone else.

LittleCriminal
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Thinking about making a big sign that only says:

Good

Better

Best

on it. Spurs fans and players would get the meaning, not sure who else would. :tu

I dig it!
I'll be on the look out for it!!

keywester
02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Good game for Mills to play some time. His time at SMC (St. Mary's) makes him somewhat of a local. In his "head to head" against Curry in his final year at SMC........Mills=Curry.

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I've heard of Mono Lake. It sounds incredible. And hiking is one of the best things in California, so many awesome views to be had.

I was talking more about the road itself. Going East to West from Mono Lake to Yosemite is really spectacular on it for the views of Mount Hoffmann and Clouds Rest (both ridiculously great dayhikes too, though wait for mid July to do the latter unless you like freezing cold chest-deep water crossings). Mono Lake is pretty nice though.

If you want great views of Mono Lake consider dayhiking Mount Dana (you get a view 6,500 feet above it), hiking Mono Pass to Upper Sardine Lake (for a view 5,000 feet above it), or on the hike from Parker Pass up to Koip Peak Pass. Or if you're really a hardass and have glacier-crossing experience you could see it from on top of Mount Ritter (though the nearby Lake Catherine, Minaret Lake, and Nydiver Lakes are way more impressive than Mono Lake IMO).

Dex
02-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Well, good for you.

Dex
02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Just kidding :rollin Have a blast, CH!

But if you let the Spurs lose...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xxdcwS921r74ytao1_1280.jpg

LakerHater
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Make a Parker for MVP sign!

Take sum pix to share with us, HAve fun & cheer loud... Go Spurs Go!

spurraider21
02-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Mono lake is amazing. I live in LA (was at last night's game. awesome), but I head up north a few times a year. Drive up there once or twice for Raiders games, go up to Mammoth/June mountains once or twice, and always hit up Mono Lake before I head back.

Anyway have a great time at the game. Hopefully TP puts on a show like the one I got to see last night.

PS: Some fat dude hit a half court shot to win a car during the Clipper game. Was the best shot the Clippers made all night :rollin

EVAY
02-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Hope you have a great time at the game tonight. Hopefully there won't be any loss of energy from last night since the first team played so little in the last quarter of the game.

Yosemite is my favorite place on planet Earth. Go and love it and give thanks to Teddy Roosevelt for saving it for all of the rest of us.

Brazil
02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Have a great time cry !! :tu

baseline bum
02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Yosemite is my favorite place on planet Earth. Go and love it and give thanks to Teddy Roosevelt for saving it for all of the rest of us.

And curse that KKK cocksucker Wilson for letting the fuckers dam Hetch Hetchy.

EVAY
02-22-2013, 07:34 PM
And curse that KKK cocksucker Wilson for letting the fuckers dam Hetch Hetchy.

Amen.

Budkin
02-22-2013, 07:35 PM

Damn thanks for making me choke up! Cheer us to the win!

RD2191
02-22-2013, 09:08 PM
I hope you get jumped.

Whisky Dog
02-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Yeah... Don't go to a playoff game

BatManu20
02-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Tough one to be at.

thunderup
02-23-2013, 02:27 AM
:lmao what a shitty game to go to
:lmao Cry Havoc
:lmao loser geek faggot

Reck
02-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Thunderup is such a parasite.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2013, 02:34 AM
:lmao what a shitty game to go to
:lmao Cry Havoc
:lmao loser geek faggot

What the hell are you talking about. That was a great game. Close for the entire way and featured several good plays. Sure we didn't play the best Spurs basketball of the season, but, you know, being a real fan of a team means more than only supporting your team when they win. Not that you would have any concept of loyalty to a franchise, or just being thankful for the chance to see your favorite players close up and in person.

I had a fantastic time and the Oracle crowd fucking rocks. No regrets at all.

Oh and by the way, you're still 3 games down. Man its rough to lose a game and still have a big cushion to work with. :lol

thunderup
02-23-2013, 02:44 AM
What the hell are you talking about. That was a great game. Close for the entire way and featured several good plays. Sure we didn't play the best Spurs basketball of the season, but, you know, being a real fan of a team means more than only supporting your team when they win. Not that you would have any concept of loyalty to a franchise, or just being thankful for the chance to see your favorite players close up and in person.

I had a fantastic time and the Oracle crowd fucking rocks. No regrets at all.

Oh and by the way, you're still 3 games down. Man its rough to lose a game and still have a big cushion to work with. :lol

You're a moron. I'm here when my team loses and wins. Check my posting history.

The fact that you say it was a great game despite the outcome is a testament to how big a loser you are. The outcome of this game and your attendance serves you right. :lol

02-23-2013, 02:56 AM

The fact that you say it was a great game despite the outcome is a testament to how big a loser you are. The outcome of this game and your attendance serves you right. :lol You're calling him a geek for going to his favorite team's basketball game, while you sit in front of a computer on this fine Friday night insulting him. smh

Not to mention your 1064 post on a Spurs forum...and you're not a Spurs fan. Stahp.

racm
02-23-2013, 03:00 AM

The fact that you say it was a great game despite the outcome is a testament to how big a loser you are. The outcome of this game and your attendance serves you right. :lol

Where were you when Harden lit up Westbrick with 46 points again?

Also love how you have the gall to go upstairs when the Spurs lose...

Reck
02-23-2013, 03:01 AM

This post proves you're no older than 15. You have no thought process beyond stupid and unfunny insults.

You're done dude. I'm going to tune you out from here on.

racm
02-23-2013, 03:03 AM
This post proves you're no older than 15. You have no thought process beyond stupid and unfunny insults.

Something I've noticed is that for such a popular team, OKC's SB Nation blog is pretty barren.

It's a site which attracts the more high brow fans, so it's pretty telling.

thunderup
02-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Where were you when Harden lit up Westbrick with 46 points again?

Also love how you have the gall to go upstairs when the Spurs lose...

I was here after the loss. I wasn't watching the game cause I was busy but I was here thereafter congratulating Houston on a fine victory. Keep failing at this shitty poster.

thunderup
02-23-2013, 03:08 AM

You can't tune anybody out. You're a terrible poster disguised as a Knicks fan with shitty bitchy takes. It can't get any worse for you.

jbspurs
02-23-2013, 03:25 AM
It might not be a big deal to those of you living in SA, but this will likely be the only Spurs game I attend this year, unless they face GSW in the playoffs or they make the Finals and I can find a way to get off work and fly down to SA.

Absolutely psyched, and I will be reppin with my Parker jersey. Going to get there as early as possible for the shootaround. Excited to see some of GSW's young players as well, Curry is a monster, and he's going to be one of the best PGs in the league for a long time to come.

Will get some pics and post them if they're halfway decent.

Hoping for a good game tonight, and by that I mean I hope I see the big three sitting most of the 4th quarter as we stay 4 games up on OKC for the #1 seed.

Go, Spurs, go!

Edit: This will also be my first game at Oracle. Hoping that crowd doesn't let me down. :tu

I usually go to Kings vs Spurs games, this time I decided to go and see Warriors vs Spurs. The last time I went to Warriors vs Spurs game they lost too. I am guilty! I think I jinxed them : (

Cry Havoc
02-23-2013, 04:02 AM

Well damn son, I guess I "deserve" to be 3 games ahead of your team in the Western Conference. If I'm a loser, what does that make your ringless, 3rd place in the NBA team? :lmao And don't go start talking about 1979. Your parents probably weren't even born then, given the average maturity level of your posts.

But since you're pressing the issue, let's go over some facts.

Spurs rodeo road trip: 7-2 after they beat the sorry Suns.

Winning % on a 9 game road trip: .777
OKC's winning % overall this year: .727
SAS road games left after Phoenix: 7
OKC road games left after said date: 14
SAS road record: 22-11
OKC road record: 16-11 :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeah man, it's rough "only" being 3 games up on the Thunder after going at worst 6-3 in a set of 9 straight away games. :lmao

You're going to be the first one off the bandwagon when the Thunder start sucking, and every single other poster on this forum knows it. You probably even know it. Now go back to enjoying your Friday night ind:lol:lolrs and stop gumming up this thread with your idiocy.