PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: will this lakers team make the playoffs?

dunkman
02-22-2013, 09:48 PM
They are several games behind the Jazz and the Rockets, and there is not much games left. They aren't playing well also.

Discuss . . .

Asif Ali Zardari
02-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Lakers are 9-3 in their last 12 games, how are they not playing well?:lol

Yes, they will make it. The team has nice cohesion at the moment, they've all embraced Kobe's guarantee and they are playing for Dr. Buss.

thunderup
02-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes, as an 8th seed.

TDMVPDPOY
hows the remaining schedule look like for them?

still a team with this much talent on the roster...is playing like that 05/06 lakers led by the rapist...just pathetic with very a low seed though

dunkman

Yes, they will make it. The team has nice cohesion at the moment, they've all embraced Kobe's guarantee and they are playing for Dr. Buss.

True that, Kobe would never miss the playoffs like that.

Clipper Nation
Unfortunately for the Lakers, they can :cry play their hearts out for Jerry :cry all they want and it means nothing as long as Houston and Utah keep winning :lol

Asif Ali Zardari
02-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Utah and Houston may continue to play well, but they will not keep pace with the Lakers.

Based on the past 13 of 14 games, there is no reason to believe the Lakers aren't going to continue this hot streak for the rest of the season.

LkrFan
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
3.5 games out of 8th seed. Head to head games remaining v. teams ahead of them or are within striking distance:

Blazers: 2
Rockets: 1
Jazz: 0
Warriors: 2
Mavs: 2
Nuggs: 1

27 games left. The Lakers control their own destiny. I'll be interested to see how they finish.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2013, 10:07 PM
What reason is there to believe that Houston and Utah - who have played more consistently good than the Lakers throughout the whole season - will magically fall off in catastrophic fashion at the same time?

The Lakers need a miracle to get into the playoffs.... it sucks for Lakerfan, but that's why you don't spend the first few months of the year digging a massive hole for yourself in the standings....

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM
3.5 games out of 8th seed. Head to head games remaining v. teams ahead of them or are within striking distance:

27 games left. The Lakers control their own destiny. I'll be interested to see how they finish.
whattabout the easts? do lakers have any remaining games against the top8 of the easts?

im certain theres 1-2 games with the spurs also

midnightpulp
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Utah and Houston may continue to play well, but they will not keep pace with the Lakers.

Based on the past 13 of 14 games, there is no reason to believe the Lakers aren't going to continue this hot streak for the rest of the season.

Beating bottom feeders is a "hot streak" now, is it?

Lakers haven't beaten a decent team since OKC. And no Boston doesn't count. They're depleted and just lost to the Bobcats.

And beating the shitty Blazers tonight will be yet another fool's gold win.

Mugen
02-22-2013, 10:18 PM

They don't control their own destiny. They need Utah/Houston to drop games.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-22-2013, 10:28 PM
A hot streak is when a team wins the majority of their games during a stretch. The Lakers have won 9 of 12, clearly a hot streak.:lol

Utah and Houston will continue to win at a .560 pace, while the Lakers will continue to win at a .750 pace.

midnightpulp
02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
A hot streak is when a team wins the majority of their games during a stretch. The Lakers have won 9 of 12, clearly a hot streak.:lol

Utah and Houston will continue to win at a .560 pace, while the Lakers will continue to win at a .750 pace.

Harlem, is that you? PM me if it is.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Why do you guys keep accusing me of being different posters?

Do the Lakers scars run that deeply here?

rascal
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
They don't control their own destiny. They need Utah/Houston to drop games.

Utah stinks. They will fold.

phyzik
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Lakers will not make the playoffs. Lakers would have to go on a tear, like a 7-10 game win streak, and also have to have a team in the 6, 7 or 8 positions go into meltdown mode. I just don't see it right now in either case. One might happen or the other might happen, but I don't see both happening which is required for the Lakers to make it. It would require a major injury. I wouldn't put it past the Lakers to try and make it happen either. They are that dirty and desperate. I wouldn't put it past them.

HarlemHeat37
02-22-2013, 11:17 PM
They have a pretty good chance tbh, as I've reiterated many times..the teams ahead of them are very streaky and could easily spiral into a losing streak..

The game vs. Houston is a must-win though..

jimbo
02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Beating bottom feeders is a "hot streak" now, is it?

Lakers haven't beaten a decent team since OKC. And no Boston doesn't count. They're depleted and just lost to the Bobcats.

And beating the shitty Blazers tonight will be yet another fool's gold win.

That's exactly what the Lakers need to do to win. Beat all the bottom feeders and mid tier teams and make sure their losses only come to the upper tier teams. If they do that, they can make the playoffs.

Grit and Grind
02-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Houston beat BKN and Houston in a 3 game spam (: ....... No way lakers

ElNono
02-23-2013, 01:49 AM
This shit again?

No, they don't.

They're at 4.7% odds... that basically = not happening...

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/02/19/nba-rankings-all-star-breaks-and-last-call-before-the-trade-deadline/

midnightpulp
02-23-2013, 01:51 AM
This shit again?

No, they don't.

They're at 4.7% odds... that basically = not happening...

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/02/19/nba-rankings-all-star-breaks-and-last-call-before-the-trade-deadline/

Up for a bet, Nono?

Nothing big. How 'bout my 50 against your 100 the Lakers make it?

JamStone
02-23-2013, 02:45 AM
I'd say the Lakers have an okay chance to make the playoffs. Maybe a 40/60 chance. Their remaining schedule isn't too bad, but not necessarily easy. They have about 11-12 of their remaining 26 games that should be tough to win, and among those, I'd say probably 4-5 they almost for sure lose. If they play well and win the games they should plus take say half of the tough games, that will give them a decent shot. Even with a greater sense of urgency and better play, they'll likely drop 1-2 they shouldn't. So they'd have to offset that by stealing a game or two they shouldn't win, like at OKC or against the Clippers or at Denver. If they go about 18-8 in their last 26 and they'd end up with 45 wins. That gives them a chance but would still require Houston or Utah to stumble a little. Houston up 3 games in the loss column, which isn't insurmountable even with only about 25 or so games left and with one head-to-head with the Lakers. That means if the Lakers can beat Houston in their last match-up, it's only a 2 game deficit to overcome. It's not unrealistic to think it's possible.

JamStone
02-23-2013, 02:50 AM
The next 10 games for Utah will be very telling. 6 of their next 10 games on the road, including road games against Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, and Thunder.

LkrFan
02-23-2013, 03:40 AM
The next 10 games for Utah will be very telling. 6 of their next 10 games on the road, including road games against Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, and Thunder.
:toast

chapnis
02-23-2013, 05:46 AM
I don't want them to, and they shouldn't. I just can't shake this feeling that they will get lucky and sneak in somehow.

Latarian Milton
02-23-2013, 10:00 AM
it's gonna depend on how other teams (utah and rockets) play for the remainder of the season imho. lakers have been playing great in recent games and you should be content if they can get 20 more wins by the end of season, but that's still not enough to secure the #8 seed for them if the rockets continue to win games on a stable basis. their only hope is rockets or utah start to suffer a losing streak and that the mavs don't sneak in. lakers can't play much better than they currently does imho

Raven
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
to me they look like they are a hard foul from blowing up.. they do have a chance, but i'm pretty sure it is too late for a comeback, also they suck.

dbreiden83080
02-23-2013, 11:33 AM

And they are still under .500 with the Rockets 4 up in the win column.. Lakers need to play .750 ball to make the playoffs probably..

ElNono
02-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Up for a bet, Nono?

Nothing big. How 'bout my 50 against your 100 the Lakers make it?

I'll do a 2 week sig bet if you want... I have better things to do with my $$$

Cry Havoc
02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Too much ground to make up. They play over half of their remaining games on the road -- where they are 9 and 18 this season. It's safe to say they'll continue to struggle there, so they're going to have to win nearly every home game to give themselves a chance.

If Houston stays hot, it's going to be really tough to catch Utah, just because the Jazz are really damn good at home, so if they play .500 ball from here on out, the Lakers need to go 18-8 over their last 26 games to even get them into the territory of the Jazz.

whitemamba
02-23-2013, 02:16 PM
#countonkobe