PDA

View Full Version : Gotta hand it to them...

xellos88330
02-23-2013, 01:32 AM
The Warriors played true to their namesake. They were absolutely fantastic on D. Most of the time the Spurs looked awefully confused offensively.

I was also wondering something... did the Spurs put oil on their shoes or something? They really seemed to be slipping A LOT.

Johnny RIngo
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM
I've watched a lot of the Warriors this year and they're usually pretty awful on the defensive end. This game was an aberration more than anything. They've been on a long losing streak recently so it's expected that the Warriors would come out playing 150%.

RD2191
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM
I was also wondering something... did the Spurs put oil on their shoes or something? They really seemed to be slipping A LOT.
refs screwed us all night, and i noticed that too

spurs1990
02-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Since when is barely winning in overtime at home against a Spurs team coming off a back-to-back considered a landmark victory? I mean didn't Detroit do the same thing a minute back.

We'll see what happens on March 20.

xellos88330
02-23-2013, 01:41 AM
I didn't say it was a landmark victory. I was just giving the Warriors their due for playing their hearts out. They deserved the win with that kind of inspired play. If you can't appreciate an effort like that, then you should just quit watching basketball. Isn't that what watching the game is all about? It was a FANTASTIC game to watch despite the result.

justinandimcool
02-23-2013, 01:47 AM
They weren't at full strength, but it's nice to see their gameplan against us. I can see the Warriors blindsiding the Spurs in the first or second round, so a marathon game like this where Pop can analyze what they were doing so well against us might prove to be invaluable if they need it in a 7 game series. Nice little wakeup call that there are competent coaches out there with adequate defensive mindsets. Now it's a matter of overcoming it.

racm
One thing I dislike about Parker is that his jump shot isn't the "it's going in even if you contest" thing Curry has.

Can't even shoot a 3 above the break

Reck
The back to back card is severely over play around these parts. The Warriors just outplayed the Spurs throughout. Period.

The team tha faces them in the first round will have a one way ticket back home early, they're good this year although I will say some of their pkayers are total douchebags and cocky. But I guess that comes with being young and dumb.

AFBlue
02-23-2013, 01:50 AM
They did compete, but I think the Spurs were searching for rythym the entire night. Pop must've tried 15 different rotations in one night with limited success. The boys were just not "on it" tonight.

spurs1990
02-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Spurs haters grasping at straws.

No team is sending the Spurs home in the first round. Not LA, not Houston, and least of all the Warriors.

44 wins in 57 games doesn't happen magically in the Western Conference. And keep in mind the amount of games missed from key players heretofore.

racm
02-23-2013, 01:56 AM

No team is sending the Spurs home in the first round. Not LA, not Houston, and least of all the Warriors.

44 wins in 57 games doesn't happen magically in the Western Conference. And keep in mind the amount of games missed from key players heretofore.

Memphis/Denver are likely to be tough though in round two.

Baynes
02-23-2013, 01:56 AM
A minute back? I didn't know the spurs played 2 games at once.
People should stop taking posts LITERALLY and use some common sense in the interwebs :wakeup

Reck
02-23-2013, 01:59 AM

Re-read my previous post again then get back to me.

BatManu20
02-23-2013, 02:00 AM
The Warriors defensive rotations are MUCH better without Bogut. That's a big reason why they played much better D tonight. Also, Jarret Jack killed us tonight. Hit every big shot and Tony had an off night. Poor combination. We'll be fine.

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:02 AM
The back to back card is severely over play around these parts. The Warriors just outplayed the Spurs throughout. Period.

The team tha faces them in the first round will have a one way ticket back home early, they're good this year although I will say some of their pkayers are total douchebags and cocky. But I guess that comes with being young and dumb.

So by your logic, if they fall to 7th or 8th seed, which can realistically happen, they'll beat THAT team? Yeah...riiiiiiiiigggghhhhht. They're good but let's put the pipe down and expect seeds 1 and 2 to beat them if they face them. They MIGHT beat the paper clips in 7 games but that's a toss up.

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Memphis/Denver are likely to be tough though in round two.

The Grizzlies fucking scare me. The best thing that happened to them was getting rid of Gay. If Gay played in that '11 series, we would've beaten them but Zbo and Gasol are simply more effective and free to do their thing without Gay on the court.

crc21209
02-23-2013, 02:10 AM
The Spurs just didnt look like themselves tonight. The ball was sticking, it wasnt moving around the horn and there were way too many ISO plays and 2 man plays instead of everyone sharing the ball. I chalk this up to being the 3rd game in 4th nights as well. It's gotta be tough as hell to play 3 games in 4 nights, especially after coming off a HUGE win last night as well...

Reck
02-23-2013, 02:11 AM
So by your logic, if they fall to 7th or 8th seed, which can realistically happen, they'll beat THAT team? Yeah...riiiiiiiiigggghhhhht. They're good but let's put the pipe down and expect seeds 1 and 2 to beat them if they face them. They MIGHT beat the paper clips in 7 games but that's a toss up.

Can but wont.

I am comfortable saying that the Warriors wont fall all the way to the 8th spot. Spurs would most likely beat them but I would not like that match up to start the POs.

Also I think they can beat Thunder if the series is call 50-50.

racm
02-23-2013, 02:12 AM
The Grizzlies fucking scare me. The best thing that happened to them was getting rid of Gay. If Gay played in that '11 series, we would've beaten them but Zbo and Gasol are simply more effective and free to do their thing without Gay on the court.

They still don't know what a three pointer is though.

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2013, 02:16 AM
There's something of an aberrational quality to this one. For instance, according to ESPN:

Jarrett Jack became the first player since Magic Johnson in 1996 to get at least 30 points and 10 assists off the bench. He became the fourth player in past 25 years to hit those benchmarks (Detlef Schrempf, Magic Johnson, Sleepy Floyd).

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:18 AM
They still don't know what a three pointer is though.

They didn't back in '11 either and yet we lost in 6 games. And Manu with one good hand in '11 is better than '13 Manu with two good hands, tbh. Hopefully, this version of Manu can get his groove back for the playoffs.

crc21209
02-23-2013, 02:18 AM
There's something of an aberrational quality to this one. For instance, according to ESPN:

Jarrett Jack became the first player since Magic Johnson in 1996 to get at least 30 points and 10 assists off the bench. He became the fourth player in past 25 years to hit those benchmarks (Detlef Schrempf, Magic Johnson, Sleepy Floyd).

So in other words, shit happens. :lol This guy has ALWAYS played well against the Spurs, from his Portland days to New Orleans, and now Golden State. The thing that's annoying about him is him making all those damn faces, you've never won shit brah..:lol

sexinthatsx
02-23-2013, 02:20 AM
The Spurs just didnt look like themselves tonight. The ball was sticking, it wasnt moving around the horn and there were way too many ISO plays and 2 man plays instead of everyone sharing the ball. I chalk this up to being the 3rd game in 4th nights as well. It's gotta be tough as hell to play 3 games in 4 nights, especially after coming off a HUGE win last night as well...

The spurs didn't look like themselves because they punted the game. It's pretty obvious from the horrible late turnovers. As long as the Warriors keep winning, the Lakers won't make the playoffs lol; we all know what CIA pop is doing here

racm
02-23-2013, 02:23 AM
The spurs didn't look like themselves because they punted the game. It's pretty obvious from the horrible late turnovers. As long as the Warriors keep winning, the Lakers won't make the playoffs lol; we all know what CIA pop is doing here

Bet he throws the game @HOU in March.

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2013, 02:23 AM
him making all those damn faces, you've never won shit brah..:lol

He's been in the league for 8 years and has played in 6 more playoff games than I have. :)

He did play exceedingly well tonight. Solace for the Spurs is that a repeat performance is exceedingly unlikely.

Brunodf
02-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Spurs had 80-67 lead when Pop had a brilliant idea: Curry has 8 points on 10 shots...Put Neal on him!

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:25 AM
So to sum it up...I DO gotta hand it to them alright. I gotta hand it to the REFS for shamelessly blowing the out of bounds call and making it seem obvious they wanted to hand gift the Warriors the game. I hope Pop points out that call.

sexinthatsx
02-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Bet he throws the game @HOU in March.

haha I wouldn't be surprised.