PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds Pop becomes CIA POP on Sunday and sits out multiple players?

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:34 AM
Coming off a tough OT loss with Splitter getting dinged up and facing a scrub team on Sunday, you have to believe Pop will rest some guys, right? I know we don't play after until Wednesday but I have to believe Pop doesn't want to chance it. Splitter will definitely sit out, but I expect Kawhi to sit out and maybe even TD. I think Manu will play because he's just starting to get his game back. What do you guys think?

chapnis
02-23-2013, 02:40 AM
If people sit I think he will let Kawhi take over the reins

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2013, 02:41 AM
0 maybe tim and manu but spurs are only one game up on Miami, they've got to keep getting the easy ones

racm
02-23-2013, 02:44 AM
No

Sean Cagney
02-23-2013, 02:49 AM
WTF for? They had a week off from the break and had their first back to back since! I am sure they are not dead tired, atleast not that tired to sit on a Sunday with tomorrow off! That would be stupid with the schedule lightening up very soon.

timvp
02-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Splitter came back in after getting niggled on the thigh. The Spurs have a day off, a game and then two more days off. I doubt anyone rests unless legitimately hurt.

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:52 AM
WTF for? They had a week off from the break and had their first back to back since! I am sure they are not dead tired, atleast not that tired to sit on a Sunday with tomorrow off! That would be stupid with the schedule lightening up very soon.

Remember, the Pop works in mysterious ways.

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Splitter came back in after getting niggled on the thigh. The Spurs have a day off, a game and then two more days off. I doubt anyone rests unless legitimately hurt.

Didn't the Spurs get two days off after the Heat game yet Pop benched everybody anyways?

Sean Cagney
02-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Remember, the Pop works in mysterious ways.

Yes, but you do not want to lose back to backs this late in the year with the #1 at hand! Especially because we are going home soon for a good home run to finish it out. The schedule gets better very soon, alot less back to backs and more home games.

Brunodf
02-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Sit? Duncan is rusty because he rested too much.

timtonymanu
02-23-2013, 03:27 AM
The schedule is about to really ease up. I doubt we see Tim/Tony/Manu sit except against maybe OKC next month and the final 2 games of the regular season if they are in a good position.

crc21209
02-23-2013, 03:37 AM
The schedule is about to really ease up. I doubt we see Tim/Tony/Manu sit except against maybe OKC next month and the final 2 games of the regular season if they are in a good position.

I highly doubt The Big 3 sits out the OKC game on March 11th. They play March 8th at home against Portland and then don't play again until the OKC game...

007nites
02-23-2013, 05:29 AM
1 day rest
Suns
2 day rest
Suns AT&T
3 day rest
Kings AT&T
1 day rest
Pistons AT&T
2 day rest
Bulls AT&T
1 day rest
Blazers AT&T
2 day rest
Thunder AT&T
Back to Back
T-Wolves
1 day rest
Mavs AT&T
1 day rest
Cavs AT&T
3 day rest
Warriors AT&T
1 day rest
Jazz AT&T
1 day rest
Rockets
2 day rest
Nuggets AT&T
1 day rest
Clippers AT&T
1 day rest
Heat AT&T
1 day rest
Grizzlies
1 day rest
Magic AT&T
Back to Back
Thunder
1 day rest
Hawks AT&T
3 day rest
Nuggets
1 day rest
Kings AT&T
1 day rest
Lakers
Back to Back
Warriors
1 day rest
T-Wolves AT&T

Timmy and Manu could possibly rest 4 games max in this schedule but are likely to be rested for 3 games which includes the back to back against Memphis and the last two games of the season.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Thunder AT&T
Back to Back
T-Wolves
1 day rest

I'm sensing an easy ride for the T-Wolves there

Kuestmaster
02-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Rest no one.

Ice009
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
It'd be a joke if he sat out players after having a day off.

2centsworth
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
No more resting. time to whip those legs into shape.

bklynspursfan
02-23-2013, 10:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim sat. Maybe his legs were just tired, but it looked like he was noticeably limping towards the end of OT.

Russ
02-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Pop got his loss, now he wants to use it so the team reacts positively to it. (Like they gotta do in the playoffs.)

The only thing Pop hates worse than winning streaks is losing streaks.

I think he'll go all out to win this one.

exstatic
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Didn't the Spurs get two days off after the Heat game yet Pop benched everybody anyways?

The Heat game was the 4th in 5 days, and the second of a B2B. That's not even close to the case Sunday.

exstatic
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tim sat. Maybe his legs were just tired, but it looked like he was noticeably limping towards the end of OT.

You're just noticing that now? It's his brace. It doesn't let him completely straighten his left leg, so he ALWAYS looks like he's limping as he walks.

exstatic
02-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Thunder AT&T
Back to Back
T-Wolves
1 day rest

I'm sensing an easy ride for the T-Wolves there

Yeah, I looked at that schedule, and it's the only flight in March longer than half an hour. I think some players may not be on it. :lol

dbreiden83080
02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
They have a day off and don't play till Wed after the game.. They should all play..

bklynspursfan
02-23-2013, 12:02 PM
You're just noticing that now? It's his brace. It doesn't let him completely straighten his left leg, so he ALWAYS looks like he's limping as he walks.

I noticed he looks a little more "stiff" when he walks cause of the brace but last night it seemed more noticeable. Maybe it was just due to the extended minutes/tired legs

SpurPadre
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Let me just take this opportunity to say: I fucking told you so...TP out tomorrow with "triceps injury" yeah, sure CIA POP. LOL.

thispego
02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
LOL. You said kawhi, splitter, and Duncan. Parker and Neal are the only ones expected to sit. If you mean to say you told us pop would sit some guys next game then I will also go as far out on the limb to predict that the sun will rise tomorrow.

FromWayDowntown
02-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Heat AT&T
1 day rest
Grizzlies
1 day rest
Magic AT&T
Back to Back
Thunder
1 day rest

There isn't a day's rest between the home game against Miami and the road game at Memphis. The Miami game is on 3/31 and the Memphis game is on 4/1. That is actually the Spurs' only remaining 4-in-5 set. On a broader scale, it's actually an 7 games in 11 days stretch set starting with the Nuggets, then the Clippers, then the Miami/Memphis back-to-back, then the Magic/Thunder back-to-back, and finishing with the Hawks. It's a doozy, but it should test the Spurs playoff mettle pretty well.