PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe is the best SG in the West, and arguably, the most clutch player in the league

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
End of story.

:lmao

Clipper Nation
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Kirby in the clutch: 29%

League average in the clutch: 30%

That's it, that's all...

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Did you watch the game today? Apparently you missed it.

hater
02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
he's still more clutch than Lebron

LkrFan
02-24-2013, 03:34 PM
he's still more clutch than Lebron
This. Tell it son. Tell it! :)

AlexJones
02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Respect to Kobe. Best of our generation and right there with Jordan.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Respect to Kobe. Best of our generation and right there with Jordan.

When he's playing like he did today, he's just as good as MJ.

He's still the most feared player in the game of basketball. I called it in the game thread that Cuban's comments would motivate Kobe, you just can't speak his name without facing consequences.

Relevancy
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Kobe was spectacular today, there's really no dispute who's a better SG today, Bryant is still by far the best of them all.

tlongII
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Over-rated chucker.

Clipper Nation
02-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you watch the game today? Apparently you missed it.
:lol A one-game sample size doesn't cancel out a career's worth of unclutch bricks from Kirby...

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Kai
02-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Kobe was great today.

jeebus
02-24-2013, 03:46 PM
This. Tell it son. Tell it! :)

It's not saying much. Mayo is more clutch than lebron.

Juggity
02-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Didn't Kobe just have a 1-36 streak from 3 over the last month?

:lol @ anyone who thinks shooting 2% over the course of a month qualifies a player as "best SG in the west" let alone most clutch player in the league.

Danny green has shot >43% from three over the last month, and his team is a 1 seed. Not to mention the fact that he hit a gamewinner in Kobe's face during one of their meetings this season.

Therefore, I submit Danny Green is a more clutch SG (and thus, obviously, a better player) than Kobe.

spurraider21
02-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Can't say much about Kobe's game today folks... shot a high percentage and nailed big shot after big shot in the 4th. i'm far from a kobe fan, i still don't like his game, but hats off to him for today

Dinamita
02-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Ladies and gentlemen i present you spurfan logic:

Didn't Kobe just have a 1-36 streak from 3 over the last month?

:lol @ anyone who thinks shooting 2% over the course of a month qualifies a player as "best SG in the west" let alone most clutch player in the league.

Danny green has shot >43% from three over the last month, and his team is a 1 seed. Not to mention the fact that he hit a gamewinner in Kobe's face during one of their meetings this season.

Therefore, I submit Danny Green is a more clutch SG (and thus, obviously, a better player) than Kobe.

http://i.imgur.com/Ay3w1ln.jpg

Relevancy
02-24-2013, 03:57 PM
It's a retarded logic to read:lol

Juggity
02-24-2013, 03:58 PM

'preciate the support, mita.

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM

:lmao

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Midnightpulp's presence is conspicuously absent from this thread:lol.

ElNono
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Harden is the best SG in the West, hands down, man down...

LkrFan
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Midnightpulp's presence is conspicuously absent from this thread:lol.
No problem. I'll summon him: midnightpulp :lol

LkrFan
02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Dominant 4th from the 3rd best SG:

VoZaW0_8Xo8&sns=em

Thebesteva
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Kirby in the clutch: 29%

League average in the clutch: 30%

That's it, that's all...

STFU you 20 year old slut

AlexJones
02-24-2013, 04:35 PM
STFU you 20 year old slut

This. :lmao

Calispursfan11
02-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I hate Kobe but people have been prematurely turbo-jizzing about Harden too much for my liking recently and I've never thought Harden was better than Kobe this season - come on. Now, Harden sees Kobe approaching in the rearview mirror where objects are even closer than they appear. Will he step it up or fold with the pressure of the Mamba coming from the rear ...

Asif Ali Zardari
02-24-2013, 04:41 PM
I hate Kobe but people have been prematurely turbo-jizzing about Harden too much for my liking recently and I've never thought Harden was better than Kobe this season - come on. Now, Harden sees Kobe approaching in the rearview mirror where objects are even closer than they appear. Will he step it up or fold with the pressure of the Mamba on his heels...
Good post from an objective Spurs fan, a rarity here.

Juggity
02-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Will he step it up or fold with the pressure of the Mamba on his heels...

:lmao every time I see that nickname, it makes me laugh. The thought of Bryant sitting alone in a dark room trying to come up with the most menacing nickname for himself, and settling on "Mamba," which is so incredibly effeminate. Damn. :lol

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
02-24-2013, 04:50 PM
harden is better. ( maybe not a couple of years ago when kobe was younger but right now, today, harden is better )
stupid thread.
look who the lakers were playing too thont.
bet kobe cant drop 45 against a REAL team lyk OKC lyk harden did.

sook
02-24-2013, 04:52 PM

He's still the most feared player in the game of basketball. I called it in the game thread that Cuban's comments would motivate Kobe, you just can't speak his name without facing consequences.

I think he is the ebst SG in the west, but he is overrated in the Clutch. And get his mamba dick out of your ass, lmao at the MJ comparisons.

Calispursfan11
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
harden is better. ( maybe not a couple of years ago when kobe was younger but right now, today, harden is better )
stupid thread.
look who the lakers were playing too thont.
bet kobe cant drop 45 against a REAL team lyk OKC lyk harden did.

You can't b serious. Harden is better than Kobe? Even for a Kobe hater like me, that statement is stretching it. Close to current Kobe, maybe in a couple of years, but he ain't won jack squat yet. So even if his stats are similar to Kobe's, he is not yet, nor may he ever be as good as Kobe is right now.

namlook
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
LMAO @ Harden > Kobe

Pure foolishness.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
LMAO @ Harden > Kobe

Pure foolishness.

You haven't been posting much this season..hm..

midnightpulp
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
You haven't been posting much this season..hm..

Only posts when the Lakers win or Kirby has a good game.

Poor man's version of cobbler, who you know will roll on in if the Lakers make the playoffs.

Kai
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Harden > Kobe

whitemamba
02-24-2013, 07:27 PM
kobe is on another level.. harden is light years behind him. 1st time starting in his career, and hes the best. lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2013, 07:28 PM
:lol I miss cobbler's rants, tbh..

If there is a silver lining to the Lakers making the playoffs, is it that we may see appearances from cobbler, Blessings, etc..

ElNono
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
kobe is on another level.. harden is light years behind him. 1st time starting in his career, and hes the best. lmao

we're talking right now... right now, in the west, Harden > Kirby...

Eric Gordon is actually shooting better than Mamba, but he's not healthy long enough, so we'll leave him out.

In the NBA: Wade > Harden > Kirby

irishock
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Only posts when the Lakers win or Kirby has a good game.

Poor man's version of cobbler, who you know will roll on in if the Lakers make the playoffs.

Gotta giive credit to whitemamba for keeping his grill throughout the year.

whitemamba
02-24-2013, 07:45 PM
we're talking right now... right now, in the west, Harden > Kirby...

Eric Gordon is actually shooting better than Mamba, but he's not healthy long enough, so we'll leave him out.

In the NBA: Wade > Harden > Kirby

now? kobe is still the best shooting guard in the league. He plays more minutes, and carries more responsibility then wade and harden. Kobe has to get every one involved and find his shot as well as guard the best player. Wade is robin, and harden does what ever he wants out there.

ElNono
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
now? kobe is still the best shooting guard in the league.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Mao Zedong
02-24-2013, 08:54 PM
As it is now, Kobe is better.

But why?

Check the standings, Harden is higher, yes. But Kobe's team is full of roleplayers and losers. And Harden has Lin, chinese hero of the future.

Thus, Kobe is better...

Vladimir Lenin
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
As it is now, Kobe is better.

But why?

Check the standings, Harden is higher, yes. But Kobe's team is full of roleplayers and losers. And Harden has Lin, chinese hero of the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fNmTvFPRY

Thus, Kobe is better...

Bynumite
02-24-2013, 09:13 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You just mad cuz you were wrong about det Kobe.

whitemamba
02-24-2013, 09:18 PM

kobes so good it hurts him

KaiRMD1
02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
No he isn't, simple as that.

Latarian Milton
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
LMAO @ Harden > Kobe

Pure foolishness.
had the poor guy in your avatar not lost half his brain he would've probably been just as good as harden imho. and if MWP had hit harden harder with his elbow last year he would've looked just the same as this guy in your avatar tbh

JamStone
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
As of today (before tonight's games)

38.2 MPG, 27.1 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 5.6 APG, 1.3 SPG, 3.6 TO, .469 FG%, .330 3P%, .849 FT%, 22.97 PER
38.5 MPG, 26.4 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 5.6 APG, 1.9 SPG, 3.7 TO, .454 FG%, .362 3P%, .857 FT%, 23.70 PER

Who the best SG in the league is currently is still debatable. Statistically, they have near identical numbers. I don't think the defense of either guy is dramatically or significantly better than the other's to make it a point of distinction. And the difference in team record is 2 games in the loss column right now. If you believe Harden has taken over as the league's best SG, it's not a bad opinion. But vice versa if you believe it's still Kobe. The two guys are asked to do and are doing a lot for their respective teams. And they've both played very well individually this season. But you can't say with any amount of certainty that it's definitely one over the other, at least not based on the play of each so far this season. It's close enough that how each player ends the season and how they perform in the post season (should either or both guys get there) can be the difference and can make a more compelling case for either guy.

Kidd K
02-25-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm not ready to say Harden is convincingly better than Kobe, but there's absolutley an argument right now that he is better. Harden isn't as good as Kobe was, but he's as good, if not better than Kobe is right now.

Anyone who's still denying this needs to come to grips with the fact that Kobe has been declining for a few years. His defense has slipped the most, but his offense is about as good as it's been for the past few years. Thing is, he funnels all his energy into that now. Harden still does it on both ends and is improving and finding himself.

Next year Harden's going to be better than he is now, while Kobe's only going to get worse at this point. I also like Harden's unselfishness more than Kobe's selfishness. I would take Harden over Kobe in just about every situation except marketability.

That said, I absolutely disagree that he's the "most clutch player in the league". That's been a myth for several years. We've seen his game winning shots stats from 82games.com. He has a shitty FG%, which by definition makes him not clutch. He makes game winners, yeah, but he bricks way more than everyone else too since he takes so many.

sook
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Kobe is the best because he is a vet with history and gets the benefit of the doubt. I as a rockets fan will put that to rest.

What is retarded is narutoluva and some other lakers fans binging on mamba dick that worship the guy and overrate him. Harden is RIGHT behind him and will be the better player as soon as next year.

JamStone
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
People have been Kobe is declining for the past couple of seasons. He's still putting up elite numbers. The only legit regression is defense, and you could argue that at least part of that is more apathy or disinterest than anything. The struggles of the Lakers as a team gives Kobe critics reason to argue he's fallen off. But while you can question his leadership or his ability to build team chemistry with teammates, you can't really question his level of play. It's still near the top of the league. If he's declining, it's not that noticeable.

In the three head-to-head match-ups between Kobe and Harden this season:

Kobe: 30.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.7 APG, 3.0 SPG, 43.7 FG%, 25.0 3P%, 73.7 FT%
Harden: 22.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 7.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 37.5 FG%, .267 3P%, 83.3 FT%

I realize that the Rockets won all three games. But it's not like Harden was destroying Kobe. If anything, the head-to-head match-up between the two make a stronger argument for Kobe. Like I said, it's still a debate as to who's better.

ElNono
02-25-2013, 08:42 PM

kobes so good it hurts him

Wrong about what? One of the few in here that was right bout dem Lakers even before the season started...

Latarian Milton
02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
if irving makes a successful transformation from PG into a SG he'll be the best SG in the future. at this point of time though im still gonna pick kobe as the better one over harden. beard nig has the potential to be as good as anyone but he still has a lot to prove, and anything unfortunate can happen to him as long as he plays in houston. e.g. tmac was the 2 time scoring champ preceding the move to H but crashed into dust only a few years later, and you know what caused the shuttle challenger disaster?

Asif Ali Zardari
02-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Great posts by Jamstone.

They have similar numbers and even if we pretend like they are defensive equals, which player is a proven playoff legend? It should be an easy choice.

Mao Zedong
02-26-2013, 05:04 AM
You need to get into the playoffs to use the "proven playoff legend" stat card.

Rummpd
02-26-2013, 06:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7649571/nba-kobe-bryant-not-money-think-espn-magazine

Kobe Bryant NOT clutch, NOT a leader and EASILY BY FAR the most over-rated superstar in NBA history no matter where you rank him on the all time top 25 list. Jordan said it correctly Kobe is one of the top ten shooting guards of all time, but nothing more than that.

Josepatches_
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7649571/nba-kobe-bryant-not-money-think-espn-magazine

Kobe Bryant NOT clutch, NOT a leader and EASILY BY FAR the most over-rated superstar in NBA history no matter where you rank him on the all time top 25 list. Jordan said it correctly Kobe is one of the top ten shooting guards of all time, but nothing more than that.

/Thread

djohn2oo8
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
now? kobe is still the best shooting guard in the league. He plays more minutes, and carries more responsibility then wade and harden. Kobe has to get every one involved and find his shot as well as guard the best player. Wade is robin, and harden does what ever he wants out there.

:rollin

1. Kirby's team is fucking STACKED. Are you telling me even though he has a HOF PG, the best center in the NBA, that he has to carry them? :lol
2. We saw what happened when Kobe actually had to carry responsibility (2 first round exits and missed the playoffs)
3. Harden is the only reliable scorer on the Rockets
4. Harden has this team in playoff position despite McHale's shitty coaching and a shit supporting cast.

djohn2oo8
02-26-2013, 12:26 PM
People have been Kobe is declining for the past couple of seasons. He's still putting up elite numbers. The only legit regression is defense, and you could argue that at least part of that is more apathy or disinterest than anything. The struggles of the Lakers as a team gives Kobe critics reason to argue he's fallen off. But while you can question his leadership or his ability to build team chemistry with teammates, you can't really question his level of play. It's still near the top of the league. If he's declining, it's not that noticeable.

In the three head-to-head match-ups between Kobe and Harden this season:

Kobe: 30.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.7 APG, 3.0 SPG, 43.7 FG%, 25.0 3P%, 73.7 FT%
Harden: 22.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 7.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 37.5 FG%, .267 3P%, 83.3 FT%

I realize that the Rockets won all three games. But it's not like Harden was destroying Kobe. If anything, the head-to-head match-up between the two make a stronger argument for Kobe. Like I said, it's still a debate as to who's better.
And Kobe may average a higher PPG, but he also has attempted 215 more shots than Harden has, and 144 more attempts than Westbrook.

resistanze
02-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Dominant 4th from the 3rd best SG:

VoZaW0_8Xo8&sns=em

He needs to REALLY work on his facial expressions, tbh.

Cry Havoc
02-26-2013, 12:52 PM
How many teams has Harden destroyed with his attitude?

stretch
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
How many teams has Harden destroyed with his attitude?

Yet somehow with all this "destruction" Kobe has done, he was one of, or the main factor in 5 championship winning teams.

lol @ spurfans incredible desire to dismiss Kobe

its every bit as retarded as lakerfans desire to dismiss Timmy

The Batman
02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Yet somehow with all this "destruction" Kobe has done, he was one of, or the main factor in 5 championship winning teams.

lol @ spurfans incredible desire to dismiss Kobe

its every bit as retarded as lakerfans desire to dismiss Timmy

:lol dumbass. Shaq, Gasol and Bynum were the main factors in those teams. When Kobe the main factor he was a lucky 3 from getting swept by the Pistons.

Clipper Nation
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
:lol dumbass. Shaq, Gasol and Bynum were the main factors in those teams. When Kobe the main factor he was a lucky 3 from getting swept by the Pistons.
Not to mention missing the playoffs in his prime and then getting owned twice by the D'Antoni Suns in the first round :lol

lefty20
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Kobe's clutch factor is a far bigger hoax than Manti's GF fiasco, tbh...

The Batman
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Not to mention missing the playoffs in his prime and then getting owned twice by the D'Antoni Suns in the first round :lol

1 MVP :lol
Punked by Raja Bell :lol
Blown out by 39 in game 6(the largest margin in a championship clinching game) :lol

ambchang
02-26-2013, 03:40 PM
So once again, we have Kobe fans ignoring stats and evidence, and try to use emoticons as some sort of rebuttal, or using the age old "Harden has won squat" "argument", totally missing the point that teams win, not individual. But even if you want to take a look into team accomplishments, Houston currently has a better record than the Lakers, and Dwight + Nash + Pau + MWP >>>>> Lin + Osik. This point isn't even arguable.

Then when we look into actual numbers:

Harden bests Kobe in WS: http://bkref.com/tiny/l5b4L
In PER: http://bkref.com/tiny/bGOH8
In TS%: http://bkref.com/tiny/eyUf4
In Offensive Rating: http://bkref.com/tiny/vTbtc
Offensive Win Share: http://bkref.com/tiny/Hgxmd
Defensive Win Share: http://bkref.com/tiny/wg0ez
Win Share per 48: http://bkref.com/tiny/tZ5oN

The only thing Kobe has over Harden THIS SEASON is
Defensive Rating: http://bkref.com/tiny/XHJoC

And yet, the only counterargument I got so far is :lol

JamStone
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Why are advanced stats the only measure of comparison, especially when in most of those stats, the difference between the two is statistically negligible? Why ignore other stats? Kobe scores more points and gets more rebounds in fewer minutes played. He also has a higher FG%. But again, even those stats are extremely close for the two players. The two guys are statistically putting up extremely similar numbers. The difference between the two is a hair difference, if at all. And if you look at the three head-to-head match-ups, you could easily argue Kobe outplayed Harden. So why is the only counterargument emoticons? Do you just choose to ignore the actual counterarguments?

Could Harden already be better than Kobe at this point based on this season? It's arguable. But it's also arguable that Kobe is still better. And the arguments aren't just based on smiley faces.

Arcadian
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
I don't respect shooting guards, tbh. They have the easiest job in basketball: catch the ball and shoot. That's a SG's job. Even if they take terrible shots - something Kobe has done expertly throughout his career - they can always justify it by the mere fact that they are shooting guards. The word shooting is in the name. It's basically a built-in excuse to be a chucker.

So yeah, Kobe might be the best shooting guard in the NBA...but that's not saying much. Give me a dominant center, PF, SF, or even PG over a chucking SG any day.

*Granted, Jordan is the single exception - but even there, I would take a top-5 all-time center over Jordan. It's contrary to popular opinion, yes. But fuck popular opinion.

trypldubl
02-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Kobe has got to be on PED's or something.

ambchang
02-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Why are advanced stats the only measure of comparison, especially when in most of those stats, the difference between the two is statistically negligible? Why ignore other stats? Kobe scores more points and gets more rebounds in fewer minutes played. He also has a higher FG%. But again, even those stats are extremely close for the two players. The two guys are statistically putting up extremely similar numbers. The difference between the two is a hair difference, if at all. And if you look at the three head-to-head match-ups, you could easily argue Kobe outplayed Harden. So why is the only counterargument emoticons? Do you just choose to ignore the actual counterarguments?

Could Harden already be better than Kobe at this point based on this season? It's arguable. But it's also arguable that Kobe is still better. And the arguments aren't just based on smiley faces.

I used advanced stats as a better look in the impact of a player. To me, ultimately, is how much he helps his team win. Things like points, rebounds and assists are great, but they sometimes fail to capture that information.

As for counter arguments, the original premise is that Kobe is the best in the west. Your numbers support neither, so it's not even an argument in the sense that you are saying its a tie. There have been no arguments that said Kobe is better this season.

JamStone
02-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Advanced stats rarely tell the entire story either and also fail to truly capture how much a player helps his team win.

I wasn't arguing Kobe is definitely better than Harden. I'm arguing that it's debatable. And since you don't think it is, I'm also challenging the fact that it's clearly Harden.

As for your argument in your earlier post that "Dwight + Nash + Pau + MWP >>>>> Lin + Osik" doesn't it matter that Dwight, Nash, Pau, and MWP have missed over a combined 50 games this season (it gets closer to 120 missed games if you also consider two other rotation players in Steve Blake and Jordan Hill have missed a ton of games) compared to 0 missed games by Lin and Asik? Parsons has only missed 1 game this season. Injuries happen to every team and it's not the only reason the Lakers have struggled, but for you to completely ignore the difference in missed games and simply say Kobe's supporting cast is much better is a bit disingenuous.

Also, you ignored the head-to-head match-up between Kobe and Harden. I'll post it again. 3 games between the Lakers and Rockets this season:

Kobe: 30.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 6.7 APG, 3.0 SPG, 43.7 FG, 25.0 3P, 73.7 FT
Harden 22.0 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 7.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 37.5 FG, 26.7 3P, 83.3 FT

I don't know how to calculate advanced stats, so maybe you can do that for us. Seeing how their overall numbers, standard or advanced, are largely very similar, isn't the head-to-head match-up a valid argument?

Also, as for the Rockets having a better record, it's a 3 game difference in the loss column. And if you look deeper into each team's schedule, neither team is beating the elite teams in the league. Both Houston and the Lakers are mediocre to below average teams. Aside from the Knicks and like the Lakers 1 win against OKC, the Rockets are like 0-10 against the top teams in the league. I don't think team success favors either player really. And even though you won't accept the fact that the Lakers really have faced much more injury issues to their a lot of their key players, I do think that makes a difference in team record. You don't have to agree with that. But I think it's more than reasonable to assume they'd have a better record if Nash, Dwight, and Pau only missed 1 game all season long the way Lin, Asik, and Parsons have only missed 1 game this season.

ambchang
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
If advanced stats rarely tell the entire story, then plain statistics tells even less. So I am not sure why you would entirely reject the use of advanced statistics when you entire argument is rested on plain statistics. What advanced statistics can do over plain statistics is that it factors in important components like pace, and how a player helps a team win.

I am not exactly sure where I came up with the idea that I am saying it is not arguable that Harden > Kobe. In fact, I agree with you that it's arguable, and that's why I did not categorize your posts in this thread as arguments, because you didn't give a clear indication which side you are on. In fact, I read yours as saying Kobe is NOT the best SG in the West because the original premise is that Kobe IS, and you are saying that it's arguable. I am in the same boat as you in saying that this is a debatable issue, but I am siding with Harden being the better player because the advanced statistics says so.

WIth regards to Dwight + Nash + Pau + MWP >>>>> Lin + Osik, it is not arguable, even after factoring in injuries. Lin and Osik each has 3.5 win shares (total 7). Dwight Howard, despite all the injuries, is at 4.8, Metta World Peace another 3.6, just those two added together is worth 8.4 win shares.Nash is at 2.9, and Pau 2.5.

As for H2H, they are probably not a great indication of a player's worth to the team. You are talking about one single type of game against one competition. Again, the objective of a basketball player is to help a team win, if Harden and Kobe play against each other every game all season, then the H2H could potentially work in terms of comparisons, but they don't. The Lakers could have the defensive task of doing nothing but stop Harden and let the other players get theirs, while the Rockets could potentially let Kobe get his and try to stop the other guys. Which brings us to the downfall of looking at only the plain statistics of two players for comparisons, and not the advanced stats.

Finally, I am not sure how you would somehow jump to conclusions based on my arguments. You somehow said that I am saying Harden > Kobe is indisputable (never said it), and now is saying that I said injuries have injuries have no bearing on the struggles of the Lakers. I never said it, and you are somehow saying that I did. Do I believe if Dwight, Pau and Nash has been healthy, the Lakers would have a better record? Absolutely! But despite their injuries, these players STILL have better WS than Lin and Osik. Even when you factor in Parsons WS numbers, it still doesn't make up the 3 additional losses the Lakers have been suffering.