PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: How does World Peace still..

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
get away with murder, tbh?..

He's a complete scrub nowadays, yet he's still permitted to harass opposing players without getting called for it..this has always been the case, but I understood when he was a notable player with a relutation for elite defense..

He was mugging Carter and Nowitzki without calls for the entire 4th quarter, tbh..

Clipper Nation
02-24-2013, 03:30 PM
The name on the front of his jersey allows him to get away with dirty shit, tbh...

hater
02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
:lol crying about a midget "mugging" a 7 footer

HI-FI
02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
didn't seventyniner show a stat how Lakers have lowest FTs per FGA (when they're on defense) for several years? i'm too lazy to look it up, but that's your answer. they get away with a lot more hacks and shit than other teams.

LkrFan
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Elite 4th quarter defense tbqh. They just need him to stop shooting - then the Lakers may make a run.

ShinerBlack
02-24-2013, 03:57 PM
If opposing players won't step up to him, why would a ref? You don't miss with crazy. :ihit

JamStone
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Certain players that gain a reputation for playing great defense sometimes get the benefit of the doubt, and sometimes unjustly so. Spurs fans know this from Bruce Bowen who got away with a ton of clutching and grabbing in his day in part because of his reputation. As a Pistons fan, I saw it with Ben Wallace when he'd get a lot of benefits of the doubt with not getting called for body fouls when he went up to contest and blocks shots at the rim. I think Shane Battier gets the benefit of the doubt with taking charges. Artest obviously does too. Maybe part of it is the name on the jersey, but some of it is his reputation over the years as a tough and physical defender.

As an off topic side note, the one player that it kills me to watch get away with this kind of shit is Tony Allen. Even though I can concede he's a very good defender, I've seen him get away with stuff worse than Artest did today.

rayjayjohnson
02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Iggy doesn't get away with shit

Clipper Nation
02-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Btw, I do think Metta would be a prime candidate for the Clippers' next Laker reclamation project (after Turiaf, Butler, Odom, and Barnes).... would love to see him somehow come to the Clipps and drain every three in the Lakers' eyes next year, while also throwing bows all game and getting away with it :lol

spurraider21
02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
If Artest went back to the pacers he'd literally get away with murder. The league lets them play more physical than anybody

Bynumite
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I think he gets a pass for his offensive shortcomings because of the great defense he can play in short spurts but even his D is mediocre nowadays.

It's hilarious and sad at the same time to watch him body up his player, only to see MWP nailed to the floor when his player attacks the rim.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Certain players that gain a reputation for playing great defense sometimes get the benefit of the doubt, and sometimes unjustly so. Spurs fans know this from Bruce Bowen who got away with a ton of clutching and grabbing in his day in part because of his reputation. As a Pistons fan, I saw it with Ben Wallace when he'd get a lot of benefits of the doubt with not getting called for body fouls when he went up to contest and blocks shots at the rim. I think Shane Battier gets the benefit of the doubt with taking charges. Artest obviously does too. Maybe part of it is the name on the jersey, but some of it is his reputation over the years as a tough and physical defender.

As an off topic side note, the one player that it kills me to watch get away with this kind of shit is Tony Allen. Even though I can concede he's a very good defender, I've seen him get away with stuff worse than Artest did today.

I agree, I pointed out the reputation argument in the OP, I just don't think he deserves the reputation calls anymore..he still has great hands, but he's just an average defender at this point..officiating is the only reason he's allowed to have any success on the court, albeit success has become a rarity for MWP..

I don't think the officiating was too egregious in the game today, Lakers earned their win, I just hate seeing a scrub like MWP getting away with shit..

As another poster said in this thread, Indiana is the current beneficiary of the physical reputation, along with Memphis..

whitemamba
02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Btw, I do think Metta would be a prime candidate for the Clippers' next Laker reclamation project (after Turiaf, Butler, Odom, and Barnes).... would love to see him somehow come to the Clipps and drain every three in the Lakers' eyes next year, while also throwing bows all game and getting away with it :lol

how does our shit taste?

Vladimir Lenin
02-24-2013, 08:55 PM
The name on the front of his jersey allows him to get away with dirty shit, tbh...

^ this is so true^ truth bomb no 1

Bobby Boucher
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
it wasn't just artest the whole lakers team got a lot of calls tbh stern wants dem lakers in the playoff sand you don't fuck with the CEO of the NBE.

KaiRMD1
02-24-2013, 09:38 PM
The guy changed his name to "Metta World Peace", that's how.

Latarian Milton
02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
refs just screwing dallas on purpose, just like how they fucked Houston the other night. the league have been doing their utmost to ensure a playoff ticket for the lakers imho