PDA

View Full Version : I dont feel bad about 0.4 to be honest, look at it this way

mute
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
I watched this game live (on TV), and it broke my heart. I felt sick to my stomach for the next 3 days. The fact of the matter is that Duncan made a bogus, lucky shot that had no business going in... in the first place. All fisher's 0.4 shot did was fix what was suppose to happen. It was a game we should have lost anyways.

FkLA
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Huge difference between lucky and illegal, tbh.

sananspursfan21
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
that spurs team would have easily beaten the t'wolves and would have beaten the pistons that year. could have been another championship ring. it still stings pretty bad, you must have had some serious therapy

look_at_g_shred
02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
A thread about this? Really?

hooperflash
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
you must have had some serious therapy

Drachen
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Duncan's shot went through the hoop at .8 which is why I don't have a problem with .4 outside of the fact that it knocked the wind out of us.

cd021
02-25-2013, 05:31 PM
This is still way too soon to talk about this. I change the channel every time they show that shit.

Baseline
02-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Fisher's shot never should have counted, and every non-Laker fan knows it.

I know the Spurs are a classy organization, and they filed a "protest" about the game as a result, but the fact that there wasn't a greater uproar about such an egregious error has always been amazing to me.

But as we now know, the .04 call is merely one of several dozen blatant "the Lakers are the only team that matters in this league" decisions by the David Stern NBA. This call came only two years after the laughable 4th quarter foul-line parade (27 free throws) the Lakers were given in Game 6 the 2002 Kings series. From ESPN: "The Lakers attempted 40 free throws to the Kings' 25 in that game, and Los Angeles made 21 of 27 from the line while Sacramento converted 7 of 9 in the fourth quarter alone."

But in my opinion, the Fisher call was the worst I've ever seen in over 20 years of NBA games. The Spurs knew that as well. They just chose to pick their battles, I guess. And obviously we won two more titles in '05 and '07.

But it has always been my opinion that the BS call on the Fisher shot cost the Spurs their own three-peat, and solidified Stern's agenda without any shadow of doubt.

spurraider21
02-25-2013, 05:36 PM
I watched this game live (on TV), and it broke my heart. I felt sick to my stomach for the next 3 days. The fact of the matter is that Duncan made a bogus, lucky shot that had no business going in... in the first place. All fisher's 0.4 shot did was fix what was suppose to happen. It was a game we should have lost anyways.

That game was heartbreak dude, no matter how you phrase it. I remember I was in middle school, and being in LA, all my friends were Laker fans besides me. The Spurs were down 1 and Duncan made a ridiculous bank shot from the top of the key. Tim knew it was a bad shot as I still remember he dove to the basket expecting an offensive rebound, but luckily he overshot it so much that it actually banked in. I called my friend's house with my house phone (cell phones not exactly common, especially for kids our age at the time), talked smack. Kobe answered with a cold blooded long 2 to put the Lakers back up one. Naturally same friend called my house back to talk smack. Duncan hit "the shot." Another phone call to him. Fisher breaks my heart and I unplugged the phone jack. Couldn't take it. Pivotal game 5. Same situation as the year before, Spurs up 2-0, Lakers win 2 at home, except on 03 spurs won game 5 (Horry missed the game winner, rimmed out) and went on to close in 6. The Spurs were about to do the same exact thing, but this time the Laker miracle shot went in.

BillyBeliever
02-25-2013, 05:50 PM
the .04 shot should not have counted. that's an easy one. if we would have won that way i would feel bad about it.

AussieFanKurt
02-25-2013, 05:52 PM
cool thread, this has never been talked about!

TheChillFactor
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Sweet Christ on a cracker! It's .4, not .04!

3rd grade flipping math class....

007nites
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Was in grade 7 at the time and like most people here who are not from San Antonio I was a Spurs fan and all my friends were Lakers fans. Didn't here the end of it the next day at school. I remember the camera pointed to Shaq's and Kobe's face after Timmy made that shot and their faces were priceless.

KaiRMD1
02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
It was .4, not point .04. Either way, I called bullsh*t right away but as I had learned two years earlier, the Lakers always get the benefit of the doubt during that period. But it's all good, it only bugs me because they keep showing that crap over and over. They should show Timmy's three in 2008, that was a gorgeous shot because it was a set play and the Suns were standing around literally thinking "is he gonna take that shot?" instead of guarding Tim then of course Raja Bell realized "It's the Spurs, NOOOOOOOO!!!"

dunkman
02-25-2013, 07:02 PM
The refs didn't stop the clock immediately after Duncan made the shot. Not sure why was Manu guarding Fisher, when Hedo and Bowen were at the bench.

Phil has figured out the Spurs after the game 3, should have the Spurs won the game 5, I think the Lakers would have won the games 6 and 7, because they looked the better team. If I recall right, the Spurs rallied in game 5 to get the lead with 0.4 s left.

MANUNG-Ginobili
02-25-2013, 07:18 PM
this story never dies..

therealtruth
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
That was a case where I am not sure it makes sense to face guard the inbounder. The guy on the inbounder should have been looking to see where he was going to pass.

hater
02-25-2013, 07:35 PM
And if Horry doesn't go apeshit in Detroit, we'd have 1 less ring.

move the fuck on

mute
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM

move the fuck on

not to mention the bulls being broken up in 1999, horrys shot rimming out in 2003, and the suns fiasco in 2007

dbreiden83080
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM

The less thought you give that painful game the better.. Try and erase it from your mind..

dbreiden83080
02-25-2013, 08:12 PM
not to mention the bulls being broken up in 1999, horrys shot rimming out in 2003, and the suns fiasco in 2007

Bring on the 99 Bulls.. They almost lost to the Pacers in 98. Jordan's prime was basically over, The Jazz should have won but Malone was an expert at playing like trash in big moments..

sananspursfan21
02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
the .04 shot should not have counted. that's an easy one. if we would have won that way i would feel bad about it.

ok jiminy cricket, you and your conscience would really be in trouble if you were a laker fan

SpursIndonesia
02-25-2013, 08:48 PM
That 04 Spurs, IF they had gone past the Lakers (still got 2 more games to play), won't beat that 04 Pistons in the final, that defensive juggernaut team won't be denied that year.

baseline bum
02-25-2013, 08:56 PM
'Eh, worse than Fisher's shot was letting scrub worthless fuck Devean George go off in the third quarter. :pctoss

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-25-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm still going to stick to my guns, and say that it isn't humanly possible to get a shot off in .4 of a second.

sananspursfan21
02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
That 04 Spurs, IF they had gone past the Lakers (still got 2 more games to play), won't beat that 04 Pistons in the final, that defensive juggernaut team won't be denied that year.

they would have beaten detroit, LA completely choked in the finals. that detroit team was no different than the next years pistons, and don't we remember what happened that time?

TD 21
02-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Bring on the 99 Bulls.. They almost lost to the Pacers in 98. Jordan's prime was basically over, The Jazz should have won but Malone was an expert at playing like trash in big moments..

This (though you forgot to mention the fact that Jordan getting away with that blatant push off on Russell may very well have prevented a game 7 . . . which the Bulls probably would have found a way to win, but still).

I've always felt that the Spurs would have beaten the Bulls in '99. They were running on their fumes fumes in '98 and were so thin up front that they were basically down to a three big rotation of Longley/Rodman/Kukoc in the latter stages of the playoffs. That doesn't sound so bad . . . if it were 2013. Back then, that was a woefully undersized front line and they only got by with it because the Jazz had a gaping hole in the middle and no true second big period. That's the thing about Jordan. People always bring up the fact that he won six titles without a dominant big, but he also never had to face anything close to an elite center in the Finals.

Blackjack
02-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Creating a thread 9 years after the fact, clearly shows it bothers you.

And Duncan didn't bank that shot in. If he had, or had the shot rattled through the rim - not gone in on such a steep trajectory, hitting the bottom of the back of the rim, forcin it through with a quickness - there very well could have been less than .4 on the clock.

Game. Over.

Shit happens - and Fisher's shit.

Texas_Ranger
02-25-2013, 11:36 PM
being scared of Fisher is like being scared of Steve Blake right now. It's not 04.

Poolboy5623
02-25-2013, 11:53 PM
I will NEVER get over ".4"..but it doesn't affect my daily life, and never did. One of those moments I'll never forget...between that and the "and 1" w/Dirk, the Spurs should have had a 5 peat!...or better yet a sinco peat? Shucks...I'd let some of .4 go though if they could somehow get Timmy #5...

SpursIndonesia
02-25-2013, 11:53 PM
they would have beaten detroit, LA completely choked in the finals. that detroit team was no different than the next years pistons, and don't we remember what happened that time?

No, the hungry factor, that Pistons team had great reg season record of their own, they were legit & stepping up their game in the post season. The Spurs had Turkeyglue and inconsistent Manu + TP, though TD's beasting, won't be good enough.

Because of that conscience, that .4 never bothers me all that much, that fuckin stupid foul by Manu in 2006 WCF series is much more bothersome, a real pain in the rear. We should have threepeated with that year championship.

mute
02-26-2013, 12:18 AM
I will NEVER get over ".4"..but it doesn't affect my daily life, and never did. One of those moments I'll never forget...between that and the "and 1" w/Dirk, the Spurs should have had a 5 peat!...or better yet a sinco peat? Shucks...I'd let some of .4 go though if they could somehow get Timmy #5...

That's because you don't account for the times that we've been bailed out in the past. Horry's shot in 2003 was half way in... and somehow managed to rim back out. The Suns lost arguable their best scorer and Mr. Triple Double (that's like losing Duncan and Ginobili for the Spurs).

Thebesteva
02-26-2013, 12:26 AM
:lol It doesnt bother anyone so they post about it 9 years later
:lol Small market

Poolboy5623
02-26-2013, 02:01 AM
That's because you don't account for the times that we've been bailed out in the past. Horry's shot in 2003 was half way in... and somehow managed to rim back out. The Suns lost arguable their best scorer and Mr. Triple Double (that's like losing Duncan and Ginobili for the Spurs).

No...I spend a few seconds thinking that way, but why would I spend more than that? I'm a spurs fan and I want them to have as many championship dvds as possible...4 is awesome but most will agree they should have 1 or 2 more..

cheguevara
02-26-2013, 02:33 AM

Ur therapist told you to make this thread. Didnt he?

FkLA
02-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Duncan's shot went through the hoop at .8 which is why I don't have a problem with .4 outside of the fact that it knocked the wind out of us.

The refs didn't stop the clock immediately after Duncan made the shot. .

Ive heard this same argument from Laker fans tbh. Its true that Duncans shot went through the hoop at 0.8 but if youre gonna do that and look at the second to last play how far back do you go with that? Do we also look at the third, fourth, fifth to last plays? I think its kind of an accepted fact that a couple of tenths of a second will be lost after every made shot.

Thebesteva
02-26-2013, 02:55 AM
This is every Spurs fan in this thread tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR03vXUFpWM

capek
02-26-2013, 03:02 AM
So a thread started by either a moron or an idiot Lakers troll gets this much response. Really? smh

Sean Cagney
02-26-2013, 03:07 AM

move the fuck on

BINGO, and to the guy who said Horry's shot rimming out in 03 as well! BINGO! If Horry does not go apeshit in 05 we lose that title and if Horry's shot goes in in 03 we lose that series in 6 games out of shock TBH! Thats two less titles! I mean seriously good happens and bad happens, get the f OVER It already that shot dropped and LA went on to get their ass whipped against Detroit that year. I am not so sure we beat Detroit if we make it there anyways, we needed Nazr and Barry that year to beat them! We did not have either that year and Detroit was on a roll!!!!!!! It is not as easy as SA fans think there, Detroit was tough and took us to 7 a year later and with a better team than we had in 04 (Our 05 team was better face it).

Sean Cagney
02-26-2013, 03:12 AM
No...I spend a few seconds thinking that way, but why would I spend more than that? I'm a spurs fan and I want them to have as many championship dvds as possible...4 is awesome but most will agree they should have 1 or 2 more..

Most should say they should have more if not for this and that, Pistons with the phantom call in 87, Kings should have one if not for the game 6 or Horry's shot! LA should have one more if they did not blow that huge lead they had against Boston in 08! Pistons should have one more and a back to back if Sheed did not leave HORRY open! Dallas one more if they did not lose that huge lead in game 3 to the Heat! That turned the series. Heat should have been up 2-0 on Dallas and went back to back if not for a huge blown lead in 011 in game two. You could go on and on for teams! Boston should have beaten LA up big in that game 7 with Kobe 6-24 on and on. Get over it, you lose a title or two over a game or play or two, it happens to ALL.

How the hell do you figure the Pistons would be easy that year when it took it 7 to beat them a year later when our team was better than our 04 team? That 04 Pistons team was very good, at their best IMO with Sheed out there etc., they were on a roll! Heat in 06 we probably beat IMO, but what if we got shafted by the Refs for calls? Anything can happen there, it's only heresay we would just get there and win! What if our guy gets injured there in the finals etc.? It played out the way it did, period.

SURGE
02-26-2013, 03:16 AM
0.4 was horrible just as much as the no call in 08 when fisher fouled Barry

Drachen
02-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Ive heard this same argument from Laker fans tbh. Its true that Duncans shot went through the hoop at 0.8 but if youre gonna do that and look at the second to last play how far back do you go with that? Do we also look at the third, fourth, fifth to last plays? I think its kind of an accepted fact that a couple of tenths of a second will be lost after every made shot.

Funny, I have never heard this argument from a lakers fan (and I always wondered why not). Anyway, you don't go back many plays. What you do is accept that there is a small human error that we all have to accept and that this is just an example of that and not of some conspiracy. Fisher made a great, well defended, fucking flukey lucky shot. It's no darker than that. Someone upstream trying to say that it was a more egregious example of NBA favoritism than the kings lakers series is fucking retarded.

TampaDude
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
.4 sucked, but the no-call by our pal Joey in 2008 was just plain criminal. Why can Fisher get away with shit like that? Do they still feel sorry for his daughter? SMFH

Budkin
02-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Worst moment in Spurs history. It will be tough to top it.

elemento
02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Every time I remember the 0.4 shot I also remember how Kobe got his ass kicked badly by Detroit in the Finals, so non-issue.

benstanfield
02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Ban.

DMC
02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
It shouldn't bother you, the players made millions and don't even know you exist (and don't care). Also, it's one game in a series. It's not why we lost the series. First find a way to escape the denial that we had opportunities and didn't capitalize, and the rest will just vanish in a puff of logic.

therealtruth
02-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Most should say they should have more if not for this and that, Pistons with the phantom call in 87, Kings should have one if not for the game 6 or Horry's shot! LA should have one more if they did not blow that huge lead they had against Boston in 08! Pistons should have one more and a back to back if Sheed did not leave HORRY open! Dallas one more if they did not lose that huge lead in game 3 to the Heat! That turned the series. Heat should have been up 2-0 on Dallas and went back to back if not for a huge blown lead in 011 in game two. You could go on and on for teams! Boston should have beaten LA up big in that game 7 with Kobe 6-24 on and on. Get over it, you lose a title or two over a game or play or two, it happens to ALL.

How the hell do you figure the Pistons would be easy that year when it took it 7 to beat them a year later when our team was better than our 04 team? That 04 Pistons team was very good, at their best IMO with Sheed out there etc., they were on a roll! Heat in 06 we probably beat IMO, but what if we got shafted by the Refs for calls? Anything can happen there, it's only heresay we would just get there and win! What if our guy gets injured there in the finals etc.? It played out the way it did, period.

The Mavs loss in '06 to me is more about the Mavs losing than the Heat winning. If they played the same way they played against us or in games 1-3 they should have won in a sweep. Instead they had their confidence shaken and DWade took advantage.