PDA

View Full Version : A heartwarming story

spursncowboys
02-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Billy Ray Harris is a homeless man that often takes up residence underneath a bridge. He was on the street asking for donations when Sarah Darling came by and emptied her change purse into his donation cup. Well, she didn’t just give him her change, she mistakenly threw in her engagement ring, according to CNN.She went back to find him, but he was gone. When she came back the next day though, he was there:“I asked him … ‘I don’t know if you remember me, but I think I gave you something that’s very precious to me,’ and he says, ‘Was it a ring? Yeah, I have it, I kept it for you,’” Darling said.Obviously, the ring is worth much more to her than money and both her and her husband showed their gratitude by setting up a donation site for Harris that has raised $95,000.Harris said that his grandfather raised him most of his life and it appears that his upbringing is still working for him:“My grandfather was a reverend and he raised me from the time I was six months old. Thank the good Lord it’s a blessing I do still have some character.”Bravo Harris! You deserve all of the sentiment of those who are donating. Brian Harris gave a $10 donation and said:“If I wasn’t jobless I would give much more, but felt compelled to do something. Billy Ray do your best to become what you’ve always dreamed you could be. Its never too late. God Bless and thanks for never loosing your character in tough times.”Check out the report. Harris has another surprising lost and found story.

http://www.giveforward.com/billyray

So far it's almost at $150,000
from a little over 6000 donations

:toast

Latarian Milton
02-25-2013, 11:48 PM
and the vagrant already has more wealth than most middle-class families tbh. dude refused to give up his moral standards during hardship and he eventually got rewarded, god bless him

LarryDavid
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
To me, the best part is the quote from the the homeless man,

"I like it, but I don't think I deserve it, What I actually feel like is, 'what has the world come to when a person who returns something that doesn't belong to him and all this happens?'"

Woo Bum-kon
02-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Too bad your God is too lazy to help anybody.

thispego
02-26-2013, 02:00 AM
To me, the best part is the quote from the the homeless man,

"I like it, but I don't think I deserve it, What I actually feel like is, 'what has the world come to when a person who returns something that doesn't belong to him and all this happens?'"

Ugh, kinda sickened by this just like homeless billy. he did the right thing but why is everyone j'ing off over it? Glad the dude is gonna get paid but this is all a little absurd. What's to stop people from perpetrating scams using this same formula? How do we know this is not a scam? Just makes me uncomfortable and I definitely wouldn't make a pledge...

Thebesteva
02-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Should have killed the bum, and ate his entrails

sjacquemotte
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
The web site is legit

Spur|n|Austin
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Ugh, kinda sickened by this just like homeless billy. he did the right thing but why is everyone j'ing off over it? Glad the dude is gonna get paid but this is all a little absurd. What's to stop people from perpetrating scams using this same formula? How do we know this is not a scam? Just makes me uncomfortable and I definitely wouldn't make a pledge...

I thought the same thing this morning when I heard this on the radio? It's nice he returned it but over 100K because of it? Thafuqueouttahurr

Blake
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I can't believe people feel good about themselves after giving a homeless man some change to get some beer.

The homeless shelter would make much better use of that money.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
The hell keeps her engagement ring in her purse?

Spur|n|Austin
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM
The hell keeps her engagement ring in her purse?

I think it slipped off her finger when she dropped money in his cup..

I. Hustle
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM
http://i2.listal.com/image/332768/400full.jpg to http://exclaim.ca/images/up-tradingplaces_lg.jpg

sjacquemotte
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
It's at $160000