PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili fans

emanueldavidginobili
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
If you are a Manu fan you will love this video, whoever made this video props to them because there is footage from 10 years old to present, great video!
http://youtu.be/tp3fPudEY4Q

Dex
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Awesome video. I love how you can see some of the same mannerisms Manu displays today in him as a kid (his celebration off the three at 0:52, and his frustration at the missed free throw at 0:38 :lol)

Great time to be a Spurs fan. There are few fans who have been privileged enough to watch 3 Hall of Fame players, led by a Hall of Fame coach...Let alone getting to watch them for a decade.

:flag:

Phenomanul
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
If you are a Manu fan you will love this video, whoever made this video props to them because there is footage from 10 years old to present, great video!

Nice!! :tu

hooperflash
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
:tu

hooperflash
02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
whoever made this video props to them because there is footage from 10 years old to present

Nothing from the present in there, tbh. 2008-2013?

Shifty
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Nice touch with "Música ligera" as the last song.

In case you didn't understand the opposing team huddle:

Coach: "Who can guard Ginobili?"
Some poor guy: "Me"
Coach: "No. Who can guard Ginobili?"
Same guy: "Me!"
Coach: "NO! Who can guard Ginobili?"

Priceless.

LarryDavid
02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Great find

dylankerouac
02-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Great video, thanks for sharing!

TrueSpursFan
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
The spurs part of that video gave me chills, anyone else?
He is once in a life time type of player.
It's been an honor and privilege to be a fan of Manu and the spurs.

superjames1992
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Manu would be a legit superstar if we combined his athleticism from his earlier days with his improved shooting and passing of his later years.

Great video!

Captivus
02-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Every time I see that buzzer beater this add from Argentina comes to to my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSGo3doAboo

The coach says the following:
"We are in trouble! ("in the oven" literal translation)
Only 3 secs remaining in order to turn this game around.
Leo (players name), give the ball to "El Puma" (nickname for another player) on the left side.
Puma, attack the number 4 how is a poor player ("made out of wood" literal translation), turn around him and when there’s 0,6 secs remaining give the ball to Manu who comes with a guy on his tail.
Manu, you get the easy part, catch the ball and jump like a dove and when there’s 0,2 secs remaining, you score and we win.
Then we all go and jump over Manu, people go crazy...kmon, is not hard, we can do it"

letmk
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Love it!

Also, is it just me, or was Manu looking more Argentine-like (if that can be a word) when he was younger?

superbigtime
02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Manu makes all other players, even superstars, seem ordinary and conventional.

KaiRMD1
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Craziest thing is what other superstars do you know have made the playoffs their entire career in the NBA (missing it only due to injury) besides Ginobili, Duncan & Parker? That's pretty damn impressive

Libri
02-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Every time I see that buzzer beater this add from Argentina comes to to my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSGo3doAboo

The coach says the following:
"We are in trouble! ("in the oven" literal translation)
Only 3 secs remaining in order to turn this game around.
Leo (players name), give the ball to "El Puma" (nickname for another player) on the left side.
Puma, attack the number 4 how is a poor player ("made out of wood" literal translation), turn around him and when there’s 0,6 secs remaining give the ball to Manu who comes with a guy on his tail.
Manu, you get the easy part, catch the ball and jump like a dove and when there’s 0,2 secs remaining, you score and we win.
Then we all go and jump over Manu, people go crazy...kmon, is not hard, we can do it"

No way to translate it and capture what's great about this commercial. This commercial is awesome only in Spanish because of the colloquial phrases it uses.

capek
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
:cry love it! so much pride! :cry

Brunodf
02-26-2013, 05:23 PM
:tu

spurs10
02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Absolutely amazing!! Thanks for posting this! His son's will one day watch this with great pride and astonishment.
:king

emanueldavidginobili
02-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Nothing from the present in there, tbh. 2008-2013?
Yeah I just noticed that lol

TMTTRIO
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
It's been fun watching him all these years and all the crazy plays he's come up with all these years. It's hard to believe that he's close to the end of his career now. When he retires either at the end of the season or later he could have a whole dvd of plays that he's done :).

BatManu20
02-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Awesome vid :tu

emanueldavidginobili
02-26-2013, 06:31 PM
We just need to all sit down and recognize what Manu Ginobili has done for this team durning his career, it was never about himself, he could have easily went to a different team and been the star there *cough cough* James Harden but he decided to be loyal and put the money aside, its all about winning for this guy. He made winning plays not only from scoring but a key pass, a key steal, a charge, diving out of bounds and saving the ball this guy has won a game in so many different ways and sacrificed his body for the San Antonio Spurs. At age 35 for Manu we are all so critical of him, some people continually bash him but we got to realize he has been playing professionally since 18 and going deep in the playoffs every single year NBA and internationally and the Olympics + the style of play and the competitive nature this guy has severe mileage on him. We just have to be thankful of what we have witnessed. He was just some scrawny Argentinian basketball player and just grew into one of the most exciting unique deceiving basketball player the NBA has ever seen. Manu Ginobili has done some things on the basketball court that I honesty didn't think was possible, he excepted every challenge and was completely fearless, 2004 second year in the league Timmy out Tony out going against the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe and was just fearless going off that game. We all just have to be thankful of getting the opportunity to watch this man play the game of basketball.

NRHector
02-26-2013, 06:44 PM

sois grande Manu te vamos a extrañar cuando te retires

NRHector
02-26-2013, 06:44 PM
We just need to all sit down and recognize what Manu Ginobili has done for this team durning his career, it was never about himself, he could have easily went to a different team and been the star there *cough cough* James Harden but he decided to be loyal and put the money aside, its all about winning for this guy. He made winning plays not only from scoring but a key pass, a key steal, a charge, diving out of bounds and saving the ball this guy has won a game in so many different ways and sacrificed his body for the San Antonio Spurs. At age 35 for Manu we are all so critical of him, some people continually bash him but we got to realize he has been playing professionally since 18 and going deep in the playoffs every single year NBA and internationally and the Olympics + the style of play and the competitive nature this guy has severe mileage on him. We just have to be thankful of what we have witnessed. He was just some scrawny Argentinian basketball player and just grew into one of the most exciting unique deceiving basketball player the NBA has ever seen. Manu Ginobili has done some things on the basketball court that I honesty didn't think was possible, he excepted every challenge and was completely fearless, 2004 second year in the league Timmy out Tony out going against the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe and was just fearless going off that game. We all just have to be thankful of getting the opportunity to watch this man play the game of basketball.

:toast

shyne
02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
He's just a straight badass, and the ultimate winner. Things won't be the same without him.

Manu-20
02-26-2013, 07:25 PM
:tu dam this was a great video never seen footage of manu that young playing ball before even then you could see some of the manu we know today.

Mel_13
02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
:tu Great video.

Manu has always been, and remains, worth the price of admission.

SA210
02-26-2013, 07:56 PM

:toast A movie could be made about this man's life, no joke.

moisaenz
02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
He is a pretty good writer too (in spanish) hopefully he writes an autobiography..

bus driver
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
bad ass video, i love being a spurs fan.

boutons_deux
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
"2004 second year in the league Timmy out Tony out going against the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe and was just fearless going off that game."

I missed it, would love to have full video of it.

Rasho also stepped up with a serious double-double, IIRC.

MmP
02-27-2013, 11:59 AM
"2004 second year in the league Timmy out Tony out going against the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe and was just fearless going off that game."

I missed it, would love to have full video of it.

Rasho also stepped up with a serious double-double, IIRC.

There's not a full game video online out there. It's a recap, tough. Rasho had some hightlights in the first half but went invisible afterwards tbh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmBLBV0u_J0

I love when at the start of the first overtime Doug Collins says: The more I watch this Ginobili, the more I fall in love with him as a player. He's reckless, he's tough..

That was actually the first game Manu gained some public aprecciation.

Dex
02-27-2013, 01:20 PM
There's not a full game video online out there. It's a recap, tough. Rasho had some hightlights in the first half but went invisible afterwards tbh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmBLBV0u_J0

I love when at the start of the first overtime Doug Collins says: The more I watch this Ginobili, the more I fall in love with him as a player. He's reckless, he's tough..

That was actually the first game Manu gained some public aprecciation.

Great to watch that game again, even though this was probably one of the most disappointing regular season losses I ever had. After Manu scratched and clawed the whole game, I couldn't believe we didn't win it.

Interesting that they ran the same play for Manu at the end of regulation that they ran against Golden State the other night at the end of the game.

Phenomanul
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Great to watch that game again, even though this was probably one of the most disappointing regular season losses I ever had. After Manu scratched and clawed the whole game, I couldn't believe we didn't win it.

Interesting that they ran the same play for Manu at the end of regulation that they ran against Golden State the other night at the end of the game.

I was at this game with some friends and family... I kept telling my friends (who were mostly there to see the Lakers) that the game would be a "coming out" party of sorts for Ginobili given the free reign provided by both Parker's and Duncan's unavailability... 2 OTs later, and despite the bitter sting of the loss no one was dissapointed for having been graced with Ginobili's magic. To this day I can still quote his game stats off the top of my head and somewhere I have a picture of the final scoreboard at-the-then SBC Center...

33 PTS
12 RB
7 AST

That game alone provided many highlights including:

-Manu's assist to a cutting Robert Horry between Kobe's legs...
-Manu's And-1 against Shaquille, for a spinning flip shot over his head...
-Followed by a beautiful reverse layup between Malone and O'Neal...
-Kobe taunting the crowd by wagging his finger (Mutombo style) while backpeddaling only to fall down while doing so...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=231106024

Chomag
02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
If Manu would have been able to have stayed healthy in his career, and maybe be on a different team where he was more the focal point He would have been one of the best SG in NBA history right behind MJ. If not at least the Top 5 list.

MmP
02-27-2013, 07:32 PM
If Manu would have been able to have stayed healthy in his career, and maybe be on a different team where he was more the focal point He would have been one of the best SG in NBA history right behind MJ. If not at least the Top 5 list.
Well, where does he rank in the history of the game in terms of SG?

Im not implying anything, it's just that to me he's I think in a top 10 SG of all time.

urunobili
02-27-2013, 07:46 PM
:cry

Brazil
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM

Nice vid... I loved the "Quien puede defender al Manu ? No no no no usted no..."

santa manudona priez pour nous !

wildbill2u
02-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Look at my avatar. He is truly a magical Jedi knight with special powers