PDA

View Full Version : What if Kevin Garnett demended a trade?

Timoha
07-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Anyone think that this is possible? He must be quite unhappy with the Wolves managment and current situation. And if so, would the Wolves let him go? Where would he go then? There are a lot of Laker homers that think that KG to LA is possible. i really don't hink that this would ever happen because the wolves would be shotting themselves in the foot (unless KG started to deliberatly tank the season) but it is something to discuss imo.

TheTruth
07-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Then he would be an even bigger Biatch than he is now.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
I think if he demanded a trade the spurs should be the first one in the line to get him. Just trade Duncan and he is ours.

thispego
07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
kg is stuk in minni, i'll tel you that right now.

If he were to be traded, it would be another one of those blockbusters that noone saw coming.

exstatic
07-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Did the Laker homers acknowledge that the only thing Minny would take in return would be Kobe, and that would just be trading one cardboard messiah who couldn't lead his team to the playoffs last year for another?

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:00 AM
It would take more than Kobe for LAL to get them. You could only trade Garnett for Duncan, Garnett for Stoudemire, Garnett for L. James, and Garnett for Wade.

atlfan25
07-05-2005, 01:02 AM
hmmm, what if shaq demanded a trade?

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:04 AM
hmmm, what if shaq demanded a trade?
He wouldn't have to because he could sign with another team.

DieMrBond
07-05-2005, 01:04 AM
http://p089.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=55281.topic

This one guy reckons he has a 'inside source' in the Lakers... and that it would just be like the Shaq trade and they would take Odom and change for KG. But seriously, McHale doing something to benefit the Lakers? I doubt it.

xcoriate
07-05-2005, 01:10 AM
I think if he demanded a trade the spurs should be the first one in the line to get him. Just trade Duncan and he is ours.

Are you saying thats a good idea?

atlfan25
07-05-2005, 01:12 AM
He wouldn't have to because he could sign with another team.
not if he wants to keep makin serious cash

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Are you saying thats a good idea?
It would be a risky move because you don't know how the chemistry would work but Garnett has all the potential in the world to make San Antonio a championship team just like Tim. Talent wise Garnett is better but it psychologically might hurt the team losing Tim so I guess even if Garnett is better that it would not be in the teams best interest to make such a radical trade.

DieMrBond
07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
If you switched Tim with KG, you would have to completely restructure our offense and defense... it wouldnt work. Tim plays A LOT different to KG.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I think Mohammad would fit well with KG and having outside shooters are key also. Parker might not fit well with KG and might have to be traded if San Antonio had KG.

xcoriate
07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
It would be a risky move because you don't know how the chemistry would work but Garnett has all the potential in the world to make San Antonio a championship team just like Tim. Talent wise Garnett is better but it psychologically might hurt the team losing Tim so I guess even if Garnett is better that it would not be in the teams best interest to make such a radical trade.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

TheTruth
07-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Please, lets not start the Duncan <> KG shit again!

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I think the main difference between Duncan and Garnett is their attitude. Garnett is an high energy guy while Duncan is calm and very focused type of player. Garnett is more of a perimeter player so you want a center that hangs around the basket for rebounds and Mohammad is that. I think the chemistry on paper works but the personalities might clash.

TheTruth
07-05-2005, 01:44 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20704

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2005, 02:04 AM
I switch sides if duncan is traded :(. Duncan spurs for life

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2005, 02:14 AM
how about spurs give wolves

parker
Gino
scola
1 draft pick

for KG

Useruser666
07-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Spursdaone is not a Spurs fan.

Duncanoypi
07-05-2005, 09:21 AM

Same sentiments...

nkdlunch
07-05-2005, 09:24 AM
If Spursdaone was in charge of the Spurs management, we would be on our way to being the next NY Knicks!

1Parker1
07-05-2005, 09:25 AM
So far this offseason, "Spurs" fans have come up with the following trade ideas:

1) Marbury for Parker
2) Mike James for Bowen
3) Anyone and their mom's for Rasho
4) KG for Duncan

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
07-05-2005, 09:33 AM

parker
Gino
scola
1 draft pick

for KG

i would love to have KG play with DUNCAN... but it ain't gonna happen

KG has a BIG EGO... he'd rather lose rest of his career or retire early than play w/ TD... which is plain STUPID!!! he just doesn't wanna be known as TIMMYs counterpart... he wants to be TIMMY, he's been trying for 8 years now... too bad he ain't timmy, and he never will be... but if he and timmy became ONE!!! there is NO STOPPING US...

but i would hate to lose MANU for KG... but just imagine (i know, i know... stop imagining)... but can ya picture TD, KG, MANU... as our three superstars, WOW!!!

this is what we would trade... (this is just a dream guys, i am not serious... or am i???)

RASHO (i doubt they'd want him back, but we are dreaming so it can happen),

TONY (no!!! but for KG yes! :( ),

SCOLA (:( ),

rights to IAN MAHINMI ( :( )

and a FIRST ROUND PICK...

that still too less... throw in MANU and it would be a done deal, but i can never see MANU leave... what else could be thrown in there for a chance of getting KG... (don't include TIMMY or MANU)

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
If Spursdaone was in charge of the Spurs management, we would be on our way to being the next NY Knicks!
If the spurs management listened to some of you nothing would change and age will take out the spurs.

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:17 PM

Man give it up already, KG is nothing compared to TD, how does it taste, having KG's nuts in your mouth?

Sense
07-05-2005, 12:18 PM

parker
Gino
scola
1 draft pick

for KG

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Are you sure you are a Spurs fan?

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Kinda salty :lol I like both players and they are both great so stop being so ignorant and give Kevin his props. They are close but Garnett is younger.

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:19 PM

we have already established that last week when we compared stats and it still showed Duncan was better even if it was by a few things he was still statistically better. Spursdaone is on crack.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:21 PM
we have already established that last week when we compared stats and it still showed Duncan was better even if it was by a few things he was still statistically better. Spursdaone is on crack.
You never proved shit about the stats. Garnett is the stat leader in the nba.

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Kinda salty :lol I like both players and they are both great so stop being so ignorant and give Kevin his props. They are close but Garnett is younger.

Ignorant??? No its called being smart, if it aint broken dont fix it, we all know TD is the main reason we win each year. We also know that KG is the main reason they lose every year, he chokes down the stretch, he has too much of a say so on who goes into Minny, most of the fault should be blamed on him for having such a mediocre team.

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:23 PM
You never proved shit about the stats. Garnett is the stat leader in the nba.

oh man yes we did someone else had posted it and you complained cause you said the first few years of Garnetts stats shouldnt count since he came out of high school.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Minnesota had shit to start with. Hudson, Wally, Nesterovic, and Peeler. They made a decent team out of that with getting Cassell and Sprewell but still aren't as good as what spurs have had and will have.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:25 PM
oh man yes we did someone else had posted it and you complained cause you said the first few years of Garnetts stats shouldnt count since he came out of high school.
The last 3 years Garnett has been the stat leader so you are owned. :lol

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:27 PM
The last 3 years Garnett has been the stat leader so you are owned. :lol

overall career wise TD has been the leader so that makes KG owned, and once again lets not even talk about the hardware.....Who is the two time league MVP back to back? Who has 3 finals MVP trophies, 1 all star game mvp, and 3 Championship rings??? i know KG has pretty much nothing in comparison with TD

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Minnesota had shit to start with. Hudson, Wally, Nesterovic, and Peeler. They made a decent team out of that with getting Cassell and Sprewell but still aren't as good as what spurs have had and will have.
Here is your answer to that

batman2883
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Here is your answer to that

Here is your answer to that lame excuse, OWNED....KG IS OWNED. Overrated choke artist

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
This site might help you to how much Garnett was better than Duncan in 2003-04. http://www.nba.com/statistics/2003/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersEFFQuery.html?topic=0&stat=27

Banks91
07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
lol yo spurdaone , are u still on that shit, bout statistics
Duncans last 2 seasons have been riddled with injury comin off playin in the summer
so his stats have been career lows

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
You making excuses for Duncan about why Garnett clearly owned him. 69 games is pretty good in my opinion. Those 13 games were missed late in the season so he was healthy for most of the games he played during the season. Garnett is the better player now and Duncan having so many injuries is not a good thing for longevity. Webber had that same problem.

Leetonidas
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
You making excuses for Duncan about why Garnett clearly owned him. 69 games is pretty good in my opinion. Those 13 games were missed late in the season so he was healthy for most of the games he played during the season. Garnett is the better player now and Duncan having so many injuries is not a good thing for longevity. Webber had that same problem.

Dude, STFU.

Tim Duncan is a leader. Kevin Garnett is a choke artist. Tim Duncan is a back-to-back NBA MVP winner. Kevin Garnett has won once. Tim Duncan is All-NBA First Team his whole career. Tim Duncan has been to the Finals three times, Garnett none. Tim has 3 Finals MVP trophies, Garnett has none. Tim Duncan has 3 rings, and Garnett has none. The Tim Duncan Spurs have 3 Larry O'Brien trophies, the Kevin Garnett Wolves have none.

There's some stats for you.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM

Duncan Born: 1976, April 25
Garnett Born: 1976, May 19

Garnett is almost a month younger, man, I am sure Garnett has much much more potential, he could win another MVP, 3 Finals and 3 Finals MVP in the next month.

BTW, please say "Hi" to ignorance for me, haven't seen him for a while, and I suspect he's with you.

CalsonicKansei
07-05-2005, 01:34 PM

fuck that, timmys better (i dont want to argue that now.) but I like the way things are and we don't need to trade timmy for Garnett. period If he demanded a trade for the wolves I think we got nothing for them. exept a couple of players. But I don't even like that idea.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 01:38 PM
This site might help you to how much Garnett was better than Duncan in 2003-04. http://www.nba.com/statistics/2003/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersEFFQuery.html?topic=0&stat=27

Do they also show how, statistically, Bowen is better than Stockton on defense too?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=362126&postcount=177

How does biting yourself in the ass feels?

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Garnett is the stat leader in the nba.Led his team straight to the lottery.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Dude, STFU.

Tim Duncan is a leader. Kevin Garnett is a choke artist. Tim Duncan is a back-to-back NBA MVP winner. Kevin Garnett has won once. Tim Duncan is All-NBA First Team his whole career. Tim Duncan has been to the Finals three times, Garnett none. Tim has 3 Finals MVP trophies, Garnett has none. Tim Duncan has 3 rings, and Garnett has none. The Tim Duncan Spurs have 3 Larry O'Brien trophies, the Kevin Garnett Wolves have none.

There's some stats for you.
If you consider accomplishments as stats than Billups is better than Garnett. Give me a break about accomplishments. You are missing the point about how good Garnett. They are both great but you haven't seen that Garnett brings more to his team than Duncan. More rebounding, more passing, and more energy. It's to bad he is on a old team that would be last place without him.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
They are both great but you haven't seen that Garnett brings more to his team than Duncan.You're right -- I haven't seen that.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM

Garnett's supporting casts have better stats than Duncan's supporting casts, so by your logic
Garnett's supportin cast > Duncan's supporting cast.
But as we can see from all the championships, Spurs > Wolves
Since Spurs = Duncan + Duncan's supporting cast (by definition) and
Wolves = Garnett + Garnett's supporting cast, we can easily derive the following:
Duncan >> Garnett.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 01:58 PM
If you consider accomplishments as stats than Billups is better than Garnett. Give me a break about accomplishments. You are missing the point about how good Garnett. They are both great but you haven't seen that Garnett brings more to his team than Duncan. More rebounding, more passing, and more energy. It's to bad he is on a old team that would be last place without him.

What I absolutely do not get is, if you use Stats as the barometer, how did you come up with Garnett having a weak supporting cast?
But if you use your OTHER barometer in terms of the intangibles, why would Duncan, with his 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs and 3 rings, be any worse than Garnett?
I just want to see how you put those two concepts together in one post without contradicting yourself.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Which team has a better point guard? San Antonio
Which team has better ball movement? San Antonio
Which team has better defense? San Antonio
All of this effects how much a great player can help their team.
Garnett with Parker would be a improvement over the always shooting first Cassell and Hudson. You haven't seen Garnett do that because you haven't watched many of his games. He would love for his team to do 1 of the above.

Leetonidas
07-05-2005, 02:01 PM

Allen Iverson averages more points than anyone in the league so is he the best player now?

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Duncan with Garnett's team last year would be in the playoffs -- no question.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Allen Iverson averages more points than anyone in the league so is he the best player now?
I didn't say anything about points but I think the scoring title is overrated. It is efficency that matters and Iverson doesn't have it but Garnett and Duncan do.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Garnett with Parker would be a improvement over the always shooting first Cassell and Hudson. You haven't seen Garnett do that because you haven't watched many of his games. He would love for his team to do 1 of the above.

You did not answer my question. Tell me how better stats = better player when you talk about Duncan vs. Garnett, but not of their supporting casts.

Does it ever occure to you that the reason San Antonio has better defense and ball movement is because of Duncan? If you actually did watch basketball for 15 years (as you claimed), you would have known a powerful inside player will draw defenders inside, opening up wide open shots and passing lanes.
As regarding the question as to which team got a better point guard, are you referring to 99 with Avery Johnson? Or 03 with a rookie French, or 05 with an established player who has yet to make the all-star team?
For comparison purposes, Garnett has had better point guards than the 99 and 03 Spurs, 05 Spurs is up to debate, given how effective Cassell was last year.
As as we have discussed before, I haven't seen Garnett with Parker, neither have I seen Duncan with Cassell. If you want to talk about fantasy basketball, go ahead, but I am not going to use my imagination and see how Garnett would be better than Duncan in the current Spurs system, which was built for Duncan, than Duncan is, when reality tells me Duncan won 3 Finals MVPs, 2 MVPs and 3 rings, while Garnett has 1 MVP (still a very impressive accomplishment.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't take KG for Rasho straight up. KG has an attitude problem and I don't think he has what it takes mentally to win at the next level. He is a great player but will forever be in the Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Iverson catagory.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Who has more assist? Duncan or Garnett. Shaq is the most dominant inside player so by your logic he is the best player. Duncan is not a dominant inside player if you put a good defender on him. He is not unstoppable unless you put an underized player on him that weighs less. I'll give it that Duncan is slightly a better defender but he is a different type of defender. Garnett can handle the quicker players while Duncan can handle strong post players. Actually the more I think about it Duncan let Stoudemire score a ton on him so why is he so great on defense? If only Garnett had Bowen, Mohammad, and Ginobili on defense along with a great defensive coach.

nkdlunch
07-05-2005, 02:30 PM
At this point in their careers Duncan>Shaq and >>Garnet. Get real man.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Who has more assist?Absolutely the most important stat for a PF.
Duncan is not a dominant inside player if you put a good defender on him.Really? Could have fooled us.

Sincerely,

The Wallaces, KMart, et.al.
Garnett can handle the quicker players while Duncan can handle strong post players.Garnett can stand at the top of a gimmicky zone with his arms stretched out.
Actually the more I think about it Duncan let Stoudemire score a ton on him so why is he so great on defense?His not actually guarding him had something to do with it.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 02:49 PM
He did guard Stoudemire and he usually got fouls called on him because of poor movement on his part.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Who has more assist? Duncan or Garnett.
Cassell got more assits than Parker too, so what is your point? Since when has more assists = better?

Shaq is the most dominant inside player so by your logic he is the best player.
How? Did I ever say Shaq is the most dominant? In fact? I recall calling him the most overrated. Shaq, throughout his career, has been effectively singled by David Robinson, Ben Wallace, Hakeem Olajuwon, and even lesser players like Stanley Roberts and Gheorge Muresan.

Duncan is not a dominant inside player if you put a good defender on him. He is not unstoppable unless you put an underized player on him that weighs less.
Another of your pull-out-of-the-ass arguments. Give me some evidence. Duncan seemed to have handled Shaq guarding him quite well.
No player is unstoppable, and it just happens Duncan has more tools under his belt when certain aspects of his game is taken away.

I'll give it that Duncan is slightly a better defender but he is a different type of defender. Garnett can handle the quicker players while Duncan can handle strong post players. Actually the more I think about it Duncan let Stoudemire score a ton on him so why is he so great on defense? If only Garnett had Bowen, Mohammad, and Ginobili on defense along with a great defensive coach.
I suppose the concept of team defense is foreign to you. Have it ever occured to you how the Suns always lose their 4th quarters, and Stoudemire always score big in the 4th? Perhaps stopping Nash as a priority to take the Suns out of their offensive scheme has something to do with it?
And tough that Garnett only has Sprewell and Hassell as his perimeter defender. And since when has Mohammad and Ginobili become great defensive players?
I will agree Duncan and Garnett are both great defenders, though.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 02:52 PM
And Spursdaone, don't avoid the real question, tell me how Garnett is better than Duncan due to stats, while Garnett's supporting casts are worse than Duncan's despite stats.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I suppose the concept of team defense is foreign to you. Have it ever occured to you how the Suns always lose their 4th quarters, and Stoudemire always score big in the 4th? Perhaps stopping Nash as a priority to take the Suns out of their offensive scheme has something to do with it?
And tough that Garnett only has Sprewell and Hassell as his perimeter defender. And since when has Mohammad and Ginobili become great defensive players?

Or could it be that the Spurs are deeper and Nash got worn out by great defense by Parker. Ginobili and Mohammad are good defenders but not great defenders and usually Parker is a good defender.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 03:01 PM
And Spursdaone, don't avoid the real question, tell me how Garnett is better than Duncan due to stats, while Garnett's supporting casts are worse than Duncan's despite stats.
There is no simple way of answering that question without going into detail. Tell me how the 80's Jordan was better than Duncan. He didn't win any championships at that time.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Or could it be that the Spurs are deeper and Nash got worn out by great defense by Parker.

It could be to someone who doesn't know how team defense works. But then it also takes someone who doesn't know anything about basketball to state Garnett would work better than Duncan in a system that is specifically designed for Duncan.

Ginobili and Mohammad are good defenders but not great defenders and usually Parker is a good defender.
I know your mother is female too, what's the point of saying all this?

But all in all, don't avoid the real question, tell me how Garnett is better than Duncan due to stats, while Garnett's supporting casts are worse than Duncan's despite stats.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Amare shot .606 against the Wolves this year.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 03:07 PM
There is no simple way of answering that question without going into detail. Tell me how the 80's Jordan was better than Duncan. He didn't win any championships at that time.

I am a very complex person, tell me.
And Jordan in his 80's was NOT better than Duncan, he wasn't considered to be on the same level as Magic and Bird until he started winning multiple titles.
Jordan in the 80's was considered all style, no substance. But then, you weren't watching back then, you started 1990, exactly 15 years ago.

Useruser666
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
And Jordan in his 80's was NOT better than Duncan, he wasn't considered to be on the same level as Magic and Bird until he started winning multiple titles.
Jordan in the 80's was considered all style, no substance. But then, you weren't watching back then, you started 1990, exactly 15 years ago.

So you've deduced he's 15 years old? :lol

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
He didn't make his teammates better at the time but you could say he never did that but he was so athletic and talented individually that he made up for not always getting teammates involved. He didn't have the trust for his teammates as I've heard at that time. He was a great player and who knows how good he would be with 90's bulls that is similar to Garnett's wolves. You can't underestimate how important the teammates are. 1 player can't do it alone.

ambchang
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
So you've deduced he's 15 years old? :lol
It's possible, but he said he has been watching bball for 15 years, yet can somehow say Shaq > Wilt because, get this, Wilt didn't have to play with the 3 second rule. About the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

nkdlunch
He didn't make his teammates better at the time but you could say he never did that but he was so athletic and talented individually that he made up for not always getting teammates involved. He didn't have the trust for his teammates as I've heard at that time. He was a great player and who knows how good he would be with 90's bulls that is similar to Garnett's wolves. You can't underestimate how important the teammates are. 1 player can't do it alone.

Dude wtf u talking about??? the wolvies are nothing like the old bulls. The 90s bulls had another superstar in his prime, Pippen and they had a real hunger for winning. Plus they had Phil Jackson. WTF do the wolvies have? Cassell and Spree? and zerbiak?? :lol

dn0
Another TD vs. KG thread with closet timberwolves fan Spursdaone, what else is new?

ambchang
07-05-2005, 03:24 PM

How is that related to "how Garnett is better than Duncan due to stats, while Garnett's supporting casts are worse than Duncan's despite stats."?
And I have to agree with you on this, Duncan is a better team player than Garnett.

Timoha
07-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Another TD vs. KG thread with closet timberwolves fan Spursdaone, what else is new?

yah, I know. Any mention of KG warrants a multiple thread page of KG vs. TD even if the origioanal post had nothing to do with that. :lol

btw, have people checked out Spursdanoe's KG>TD rap in hte "who can flow" thread?
:drunk

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Dude wtf u talking about??? the wolvies are nothing like the old bulls. The 90s bulls had another superstar in his prime, Pippen and they had a real hunger for winning. Plus they had Phil Jackson. WTF do the wolvies have? Cassell and Spree? and zerbiak?? :lol
Another misunderstanding. I said it poorly but who knows how good Garnett would be on a team that is talented as what Jordan or Duncan had. Sorry for the confusion. I was typing fast and left some info out.

pache100
07-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Talent wise Garnett is better ...

You can't be serious? That's why KG has so many rings and Tim has none, yes?

LMAO! :spin

(you're kidding, right?)

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I count athleticism and finesse as talent. Garnett is better in athleticism and equal in finesse. Shooting, passing, timing, and etc is an example of finesse.

dn0
07-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I count athleticism and finesse as talent. Garnett is better in athleticism and equal in finesse. Shooting, passing, timing, and etc is an example of finesse.
Yes , he is so good that he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.
:blah :blah
man, stop living on a fantasy..
In the real world, the best KG did in 10 years was to lose to the lakers in 2004 WCF.

what a f***ing joke.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Yes , he is so good that he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.
:blah :blah
man, stop living on a fantasy..
In the real world, the best KG did in 10 years was to lose to the lakers in 2004 WCF.

what a f***ing joke.
I'm sorry that you don't get that 1 player can't win a championship by himself. It has never happened.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
What if Kevin Garnett demended a trade?

If KG demended a trade I probably wouldn't worry one bit if I were Minnesota.

However, if he demanded a trade. . .well. . .that would be something different altogether now wouldn't it?!!

Useruser666
07-05-2005, 03:58 PM
KG leads Duncan in punching teammates. Case closed!

ChumpDumper
07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
[Waits for Marcus to start a "Free Agent: Rick Rickert" thread]

Supergirl
07-05-2005, 04:12 PM
KG might start making some threats, but I don't think anyone in Minnesota would let them get very far. They won't let him go. They'd throw out the entire team and start over, if that was what KG wanted. They'll go after whoever he wants them to go after. Much like SA and Timmy, Minnesota knows KG's value and isn't going to let him go. But they're going to have to seriously re-vamp this offseason. I expect SPree and Cassell both gone, maybe others. Does KG like Trenton Hassell and Wally? Because if he doesn't they're pretty much gone.

Minnesota needs to replace Kandi. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Eddy Curry or Dalembert. Then they need a new, younger PG.

Useruser666
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
KG being traded is more likely than KG winning a title.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
If KG gets traded there would only be a few worse teams that he could play on than what he has now.

Sense
07-05-2005, 06:42 PM
If KG gets traded there would only be a few worse teams that he could play on than what he has now.

Actually... no

KG is not being traded, he's a franchise player... and teams don't get rid of those.. especially if it's players like him or Tim...

Mixability
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Spursdaone....how bout you come back when KG wins 1, not 2 not 3, but just O-N-E championship. Then you can back up your argument, until then STFU!

ICE3000
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
It would take more than Kobe for LAL to get them. You could only trade Garnett for Duncan, Garnett for Stoudemire, Garnett for L. James, and Garnett for Wade.

TD FOR GARNETT= THE SPURS WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER IT... AMARE FOR GARNETT= NOPE. JAMES FOR GARNETT=UH UH U MUST BE NUTS. WADE FOR GARNETT= UUUUUH MAAAYBE NOT

THE 4 PLAYERS U STATED ARE VALUED 2 MUCH BY THERE RESPECTIVE TEAMS TO EVEN CONSIDER KG...

Mixability
07-05-2005, 07:24 PM
TD FOR GARNETT= THE SPURS WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER IT... AMARE FOR GARNETT= NOPE. JAMES FOR GARNETT=UH UH U MUST BE NUTS. WADE FOR GARNETT= UUUUUH MAAAYBE NOT

THE 4 PLAYERS U STATED ARE VALUED 2 MUCH BY THERE RESPECTIVE TEAMS TO EVEN CONSIDER KG...

Agreed, I wouldn't even consider trading Nazr for KG!

ICE3000
07-05-2005, 07:36 PM

Tony wouldnt be as good with KG...
Tim is the anchor of SA DEFENSE... KG simply dont provide the right leadership to anchor his team the way TD does...
ball movement.... see reason why defense is better

ICE3000
07-05-2005, 07:50 PM

ur makin a fool of this clown :lol

ICE3000
07-05-2005, 07:54 PM

the 80, Jordan was NOT better than TD!!!

ambchang
07-05-2005, 07:54 PM
That's why Harold Minor is better than Magic Johnson and Larry Bird combined!
Still haven't told me how Garnett is better than Duncan due to stats, while Garnett's supporting casts are worse than Duncan's despite stats.

ICE3000
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM

WORD-UP!!

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
KG proves that he is the best player in the game by the way he comes out every night and plays his guts out. Now that is a leader. Duncan sometimes doesn't show enough emotion or caring enough. He needs to be more vocal. I would rather have KG because of that reason alone. He has outplayed Duncan the last 3 years on stats and you would have to be stupid to say he has good teammates.

JustSpurs
07-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Agreed!

DieMrBond
07-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Allen Iverson plays his guts out everynight. Manu plays his guts out everynight. Heck, Bruce Bowen plays his guts out everynight. Does that mean they are better plays than KG or TD? Thats weak. Saying KG shows more emotion, so therefore hes better is also a weak argument. Thats like saying 'I show more emotion than einstein, therefore i must be smarter then him'.

I think the best way of showing that TD is better than KG is probably the .702 winning percentage in 8 years (or whatever the exact stat is). RESULTS are what counts.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
That is a weak argument because that is the same as saying Billups is better than KG because Detroit has been better the last 2 years. Watch the games of Minnesota learn something. Sprewell sucks. Szerbiak sucks.

Sense
07-05-2005, 09:49 PM
That is a weak argument because that is the same as saying Billups is better than KG because Detroit has been better the last 2 years. Watch the games of Minnesota learn something. Sprewell sucks. Szerbiak sucks.

.... you are no Spurs fan.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 09:52 PM
He has outplayed Duncan the last 3 years on stats and you would have to be stupid to say he has good teammates.

Last 3 years head to head averages

Duncan 21.8 ppg 11.3 rbg 3.8 apg 2.1 bpg 0.5 spg 1.7 tpg
KG 21.5 ppg 11.7 rbg 5.2 apg 2.5 bpg 1.2 spg 3.3 tpg

This is despite 1 of the games Duncan came off the bench to play and the other game was the last of this season when spurs had nothing to play for because they couldn't move up on standings up against suns.

6-5 spurs in wins too

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I got the league pass so I watch all the games from the Heat to the Spurs. I am a fan of the game but the spurs are my favorite team. The Heat are the best team and the east and should've beaten Detroit this year.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
You're not a spurs fan

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Can I be a Silverstars fan then. :lol

tophy7
07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know, have you trashed every single player on the team? if so then yeah

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 09:59 PM
KG proves that he is the best player in the game by the way he comes out every night and plays his guts out. Now that is a leader. Duncan sometimes doesn't show enough emotion or caring enough. He needs to be more vocal. I would rather have KG because of that reason alone. He has outplayed Duncan the last 3 years on stats and you would have to be stupid to say he has good teammates.

That is bullshit. You are saying just because Tim doesn't show much emotion he doesn't play hard every night? Eventhough Tim doesn't scream after every dunk or shout at the refs that doesn't mean he doesn't give it his all every night. Just curious, are you a mongoloid??

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 09:59 PM
You can't prove that I am not a spurs fan. I speak the truth and obviously people don't like hearing it.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:01 PM
What "truth"?
That KG is a better player? Who was the #1 all time PF on the espn site, who did Barkley call the best PF to ever play? Who has 3 rings, 3 finals mvp's, 2 reg mvp's 1 all star mvp, all nba first team every year, all defensive first team every year except his rookie year he got 2nd team.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:02 PM
What "truth"?
That KG is a better player? Who was the #1 all time PF on the espn site, who did Barkley call the best PF to ever play? Who has 3 rings, 3 finals mvp's, 2 reg mvp's 1 all star mvp, all nba first team every year, all defensive first team every year except his rookie year he got 2nd team.

But no he isn't as good because he doesn't "show emotion" Spursdaone is a fucking dildo.

constantstate
07-05-2005, 10:02 PM
You can't prove that I am not a spurs fan. I speak the truth and obviously people don't like hearing it.
you lead the league in "crazy talk" like "kg could win a title if he wasnt on a team that he makes suck!" :) thats insane.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I'll give credit that the Duncan of 99 was better than Garnett. Since then he has lost some speed and athleticism because of injuries and age. Garnett is better NOW.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
If Garnett was so good he would make his teammates better. He doesn't, so he isn't better.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Garnett has never been better, except for the 2 years he played when duncan wasn't there, 96 and 97 :lol

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
You got that reversed with that. The teammates don't give Garnett a chance because they want theirs first. The teammates don't make Garnett better and the spurs teammates do. Give credit to Pop on this.

constantstate
07-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll give credit that the Duncan of 99 was better than Garnett. Since then he has lost some speed and athleticism because of injuries and age. Garnett is better NOW.
in 99 garnett was a small forward and almost never posted people up. he also had a fat assin contract that prevented the tpups from getting anything going with free agents. also, if someone didnt tell this guy that assists were stats he could pad... he'd still be as selfish as he was back then.

midgetonadonkey
You got that reversed with that. The teammates don't give Garnett a chance because they want theirs first. The teammates don't make Garnett better and the spurs teammates do. Give credit to Pop on this.

If Garnett was so great, he wouldn't need other players to make him better.

tophy7
Those selfish teammates got KG out of the first round for the first time

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Garnett is a team player and unfortunately the rest of the team isn't. I don't understand why but coaching and player egos have been involved (Sprewell). Stop trashing Garnett because he is a great player if the rest of team went to him more. He should be a 30 point scorer.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Garnett is a team player and unfortunately the rest of the team isn't. I don't understand why but coaching and player egos have been involved (Sprewell). Stop trashing Garnett because he is a great player if the rest of team went to him more. He should be a 30 point scorer.

You can't blame the fact that Garnett can't win at the next level on Spree. If Garnett was a real leader, he would have straightened his ass out. Leaders make players perform at their best, egos aside. He hasn't been able to do that and he never will be able to. Once he can do that and get 3 rings, 3 finals MVPs and 2 leage MVPs, than we can say he is at least AS good. Until then, he is a lesser player.

constantstate
07-05-2005, 10:12 PM

now thats some funny stuff right there. :lol

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:13 PM
What are you talking about? The biggest knock on Garnett was that he deferred to this teammates too much and was never selfish enough. It was never about his teammates getting him the ball it was about him wanting it and taking over games which he hardly does. You never hear anyone saying it about Duncan. And I don't hate on KG the same way you hate on Duncan (despite claiming to be a Spurs fan). I think KG is a great player just not better than Duncan. Sportswriters agree and players too.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:17 PM
All the things I said about Duncan are comparing him to the best player in the league which is Garnett. I would give Duncan credit for being the second best but his desire is not as high as Garnett. Iverson has the desire but is not big enough or strong enough to be the best. Garnett is desperate for some good teammates.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:18 PM
You keep telling yourself he's the best player, I'll take players and sportswriters opinions over yours.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
All the things I said about Duncan are comparing him to the best player in the league which is Garnett. I would give Duncan credit for being the second best but his desire is not as high as Garnett. Iverson has the desire but is not big enough or strong enough to be the best. Garnett is desperate for some good teammates.

All Garnett will ever have is the fact that he can blame his teammates. Garnett isn't shit and never will be.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh but his "desire" will make him better than TD. If he had so much desire, he would have found a way to make it out of the first round more than once in his career.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:29 PM
All Garnett will ever have is the fact that he can blame his teammates. Garnett isn't shit and never will be.
He doesn't do it. The media does and they are correct. His teammates are a joke but he can't say anything about that. Cassell when healthy is the only player that deserves to stay but is getting old. Olawakandi is got to be the worst starting center in the league today. Maybe Atlanta has a worse center.

SequSpur
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Tim Duncan > Kevin Garnett

3 Rings.

Scoreboard.

End of Discussion.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:31 PM
If Duncan can get out of the 1st round with Rasho, so should KG

tophy7
Tim Duncan > Kevin Garnett

3 Rings.

Scoreboard.

End of Discussion.

Rings don't count to spursdaone because none of those came with desire :lol

midgetonadonkey
He doesn't do it. The media does and they are correct. His teammates are a joke but he can't say anything about that. Cassell when healthy is the only player that deserves to stay but is getting old. Olawakandi is got to be the worst starting center in the league today. Maybe Atlanta has a worse center.

If he was as good as you say he is, he would make every player around him better. But he doesn't so he isn't as good as you say he is. Maybe you just enjoy the taste of his testicles in your mouth, that is why you keep sucking his balls. You should change your screen name to Garnettsballsinmymouth.

SequSpur
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.concept-pkg.com/Downloadable_Files/combination%20padlock%201.jpg

tophy7
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
or wolvesisdaonetoneverwinatitlewithkg

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:36 PM
You keep talking about Garnett making players better but don't realize that Garnett needs to get the ball first before he makes them better because the other players waive him off too often which doesn't make sense. He is the leader in the nba in rebounding almost every year and the best passing Power Forward in the league. He would fit well with the Kings in their passing system.
Unfortunately he is the only one on Minnesota that likes to pass. The end. :lol

SequSpur
07-05-2005, 10:37 PM

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
You keep talking about Garnett making players better but don't realize that Garnett needs to get the ball first before he makes them better because the other players waive him off too often which doesn't make sense. He is the leader in the nba in rebounding almost every year and the best passing Power Forward in the league. He would fit well with the Kings in their passing system.
Unfortunately he is the only one on Minnesota that likes to pass. The end. :lol

Seriously dude, you say you are a Spurs fan, but why do you keep sucking Garnett's nuts? I'm not making fun or anything, I'm just curious.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
It would be nice if SequSpur could have something to say instead of posting pictures.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Seriously dude, you say you are a Spurs fan, but why do you keep sucking Garnett's nuts? I'm not making fun or anything, I'm just curious.
I watch alot of basketball and feel Duncan is not quite as good as Garnett individually. Maybe he is a better teammate but it might be different if Garnett had good teammates.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:42 PM
I watch alot of basketball and feel Duncan is not quite as good as Garnett individually. Maybe he is a better teammate but it might be different if Garnett had good teammates.

Over the years he has had a lot of teammates. Don't you think that one of any of those players would be able to help him get past the first round? He is a fucking choker and it doesn't matter who your teammates are, if the team superstar is a choker that shit is trickles down to your team. If a team is bad blame the superstar, not the team. The superstar is supposed to make the team better, and he doesn't.

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Over the years he has had a lot of teammates. Don't you think that one of any of those players would be able to help him get past the first round? He is a fucking choker and it doesn't matter who your teammates are, if the team superstar is a choker that shit is trickles down to your team. If a team is bad blame the superstar, not the team. The superstar is supposed to make the team better, and he doesn't.
They had to play the lakers twice which was a disaster by itself. They almost played the mavericks which they would've won because Dallas is soft. They played some tough first round opponents which the spurs only beat the lakers once because of bad luck for Horry. The lakers would've won that series if that shot went in.

midgetonadonkey
07-05-2005, 10:51 PM
They had to play the lakers twice which was a disaster by itself. They almost played the mavericks which they would've won because Dallas is soft. They played some tough first round opponents which the spurs only beat the lakers once because of bad luck for Horry. The lakers would've won that series if that shot went in.

Too bad Garnett hasn't had that kind of "luck." Maybe he would have been able to at least say he has been out of the first round more than once. But he can't, so he is just another good player than can't do well at the next level. Unlike Duncan.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 11:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2002/west_round1_04.html

The same soft Mavs which won the series and the one where soft Dirk owned KG :lol

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
You sound like a mavs fan but seriously KG matches up well to Dirk. He has the speed to keep up with Dirk. Minnesota would win that series.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Mavs fan? :lol What I posted was the series where Mavs swept Wolves 3-0 in the playoffs and you say wolves would win the series? You also can't use the teammates excuse there because KG had wally z, joe smith and chauncey billups

Then again when it comes to KG all you have is EXCUSES

tophy7
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM

Spurs beat lakers (shaq and kobe) twice. Spurs fans should know this

Spursdaone
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
That was before KG was a great player. He was becoming one at that time but now he is a superstar.

tophy7
07-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Then again when it comes to KG all you have is EXCUSES

dn0
07-05-2005, 11:50 PM
That was before KG was a great player. He was becoming one at that time but now he is a superstar. :lol :lol

this undercover wolves fan is getting old, someone please ban this clown.

Sense
07-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Can I be a Silverstars fan then. :lol

You don't even deserve to be a SilverStars fan.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 03:43 AM
The spurs did beat the lakers twice but that one season didn't count and the other season the lakers should've won. Therefore The lakers are up 4-0.

Duncanoypi
07-06-2005, 04:22 AM
The spurs did beat the lakers twice but that one season didn't count and the other season the lakers should've won. Therefore The lakers are up 4-0.

is that you...Phil Jackson...??? :angel

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 04:26 AM
It would be nice if SequSpur could have something to say instead of posting pictures.
Agreed

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:23 AM
is that you...Phil Jackson...??? :angel
No it's the truth. The other teams didn't have enough time to get into shape by the playoffs and the Spurs took advantage of that. Also Horry usually always make that shot so that was a fluke when he missed it.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 05:24 AM
No it's the truth. The other teams didn't have enough time to get into shape by the playoffs and the Spurs took advantage of that. Also Horry usually always make that shot so that was a fluke when he missed it.
I am done arguing with you.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 05:26 AM
You don't have an argument for that because there isn't one. :lol

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 05:34 AM
You don't have an argument for that because there isn't one. :lol
:rolleyes

ambchang
07-06-2005, 07:46 AM

He proved it alright, that's why KG's got so many more rings and MVPs, as well as All-Defensive and All-NBA selections. What was it? He didn't? Well, got darn it! He shows emotion! Must be a good player! That's why players like Kenyon Martin belongs to the HoF, because he screams like a mad man after every dunk/shot/rebound/block/steal/pivot/cut/breath.

And I don't have to be stupid to say Garnett's got good teammates. Coaches selected Sprewell to the All-Star team 4 times in his career and Sam Cassell an all-star in 2004, well, unless you say a majority of NBA coaches are stupid. Wally Szczerbiak was also named all rookie first team when he was a teammate with Garnett.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 07:57 AM

Mr. Garnett-has-better-stats-than-Duncan-so-he-must-be-better, tell me this.
How does Sprewell suck when he puts up the following number:
03-04: 16.8/3.8/3.5
04-05: 12.8/3.2/2.2

And Wally Szczerbiak has:
02-03: 17.6/4.6/2.6
03-04: 10.2/3.1/1.2 (injured most of the season)
04-05: 15.5/3.7/2.4

BTW, Cassell, an ALL-STAR PG in 03-04 puts up:
03-04: 19.8/3.3/7.3
04-05: 13.5/2.7/5.1

You sole argument so far about Garnett > Duncan is because of better stats, then why do Sprewell, Szczerbiak and Cassell suck despite these good stats?

Let's look at Duncan's top teammates during his 3 title runs:
David Robinson:
98-99: 15.8/10/2.1
02-03: 8.5/7.9/1

Tony Parker:
02-03: 15.5/2.6/5.3
04-05: 16.6/3.7/6.1

Manu Ginobili:
02-03: 7.6/2.3/2
04-05: 16.0/4.4/3.9

How did these STATS show Robinson, Parker and Ginobili are better than Wally, Sprewell and Cassell?
And don't even bring up Bowen, his stats were even worse.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM

Mr. truth, how does Stockton overrated on defense despite being the NBA leader in steals again?
Aren't STATS the thing you look at when talking about players?

ambchang
07-06-2005, 08:00 AM

I know, he couldn't make the playoffs with bad teammates, so he must be better, I like your logic.
See, Elton Brand is even better! He got worse teammates, and his team did even worse!

ambchang
07-06-2005, 08:07 AM

All readers of this post, try to think like you are Spursdaone. Imagine that your loverboy got Duncan's spot, it has never happened, and probably never will, but just imagine. Can't you see him/her averaging 30 points, grabbing 15 rebounds and dishing out 7 assists now?
Hey, what the hell, I am imagining MYSELF in Duncan's role, as the first under-6-feet PF in the NBA. I imagined I am putting up 45 points, 16 rebounds, 12 assists a game, the first unanimous MVP in the league with a 82-0 season.
I also put up 60 points, 25 rebounds, 15 assists, 21 block and 16 steal in the All-Star game, leading the West to a 212 to 42 win over the East, and winning the MVP along the way.
I am also leading my team on a 16-0 playoff run, breaking numerous records along the way, including a +56 point differential.
Now I am imagining myself doing it for 21 years straight.
Shit, you know what? I just imagined myself, no no no, I AM better than Duncan, and since I put up such marvellous stats, I AM the best player in NBA history.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 08:12 AM

You can feel all you want, for all we care, you can feel that Scott Padget is the best basketball player in the world. But that's not it, it's not the Maybe he is a better teammate thing too, you said it with such conviction earlier on. What happened to "the Truth"?

ambchang
07-06-2005, 08:13 AM

The Spurs would have been 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs if all their shots went in too, what's your point?

Useruser666
07-06-2005, 08:29 AM
There is no point.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
All readers of this post, try to think like you are Spursdaone. Imagine that your loverboy got Duncan's spot, it has never happened, and probably never will, but just imagine. Can't you see him/her averaging 30 points, grabbing 15 rebounds and dishing out 7 assists now?
Hey, what the hell, I am imagining MYSELF in Duncan's role, as the first under-6-feet PF in the NBA. I imagined I am putting up 45 points, 16 rebounds, 12 assists a game, the first unanimous MVP in the league with a 82-0 season.
I also put up 60 points, 25 rebounds, 15 assists, 21 block and 16 steal in the All-Star game, leading the West to a 212 to 42 win over the East, and winning the MVP along the way.
I am also leading my team on a 16-0 playoff run, breaking numerous records along the way, including a +56 point differential.
Now I am imagining myself doing it for 21 years straight.
Shit, you know what? I just imagined myself, no no no, I AM better than Duncan, and since I put up such marvellous stats, I AM the best player in NBA history.
The simple answer is no he wouldn't. Duncan would suck in Minnesota just like the olympics.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Mr. Garnett-has-better-stats-than-Duncan-so-he-must-be-better, tell me this.
How does Sprewell suck when he puts up the following number:
03-04: 16.8/3.8/3.5
04-05: 12.8/3.2/2.2

And Wally Szczerbiak has:
02-03: 17.6/4.6/2.6
03-04: 10.2/3.1/1.2 (injured most of the season)
04-05: 15.5/3.7/2.4

BTW, Cassell, an ALL-STAR PG in 03-04 puts up:
03-04: 19.8/3.3/7.3
04-05: 13.5/2.7/5.1

You sole argument so far about Garnett > Duncan is because of better stats, then why do Sprewell, Szczerbiak and Cassell suck despite these good stats?

Let's look at Duncan's top teammates during his 3 title runs:
David Robinson:
98-99: 15.8/10/2.1
02-03: 8.5/7.9/1

Tony Parker:
02-03: 15.5/2.6/5.3
04-05: 16.6/3.7/6.1

Manu Ginobili:
02-03: 7.6/2.3/2
04-05: 16.0/4.4/3.9

How did these STATS show Robinson, Parker and Ginobili are better than Wally, Sprewell and Cassell?
And don't even bring up Bowen, his stats were even worse.
You're right about Garnett having good teammates in 2003-04 and if Cassell didn't get injured the timberwolves would've beaten the lakers and challenge Detroit for the championship. It is simple as that but injuries and if Ginobili or Parker went down the same thing would've happened this year to San Antonio. That's your answer

Mixability
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
You're right about Garnett having good teammates in 2003-04 and if Cassell didn't get injured the timberwolves would've beaten the lakers and challenge Detroit for the championship. It is simple as that but injuries and if Ginobili or Parker went down the same thing would've happened this year to San Antonio. That's your answer

This guy is all about "ifs". If this and if that, you know what? IF YOU! :lol

He's been playing NBA Live too much and needs to tune into a few real games, so he can see that TD>KG

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
the ifs become reality because once San Antonio choked against the lakers I was expecting Minnesota to be the favorite. Unfortunately the Cassell injury was devastating for them and they beat Sacramento with an injured Cassell but he wasn't able to play against the lakers. Garnett did not choke. they didn't have enough.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM

Do you have any arguments that is based on reality?
Garnett, with better teammates in 03-04 than Duncan had in all 3 of his title runs, can't win a championship, and he is somehow a better player?
Don't pull that injury excuse. Robinson had a chronic bad back 01 to 03, Ginobili was hurt in the Finals, and even Duncan himself had two twisted ankles, yet still manage to win titles.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
the ifs become reality because once San Antonio choked against the lakers I was expecting Minnesota to be the favorite. Unfortunately the Cassell injury was devastating for them and they beat Sacramento with an injured Cassell but he wasn't able to play against the lakers. Garnett did not choke. they didn't have enough.
Robinson was a scrub for what else San Antonio had on that team. He equals Rasho. S. Jackson, S. Claxton, M. Ginobili, B. Bowen, and T. Parker. That team should dominate with a superstar.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Robinson was a scrub for what else San Antonio had on that team. He equals Rasho. S. Jackson, S. Claxton, M. Ginobili, B. Bowen, and T. Parker. That team should dominate with a superstar.

D-Rob a scrub?!?!? HAHAHA, But I bet you would've like him on your T-Pups team!

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I am a spurs fan and a truthful one. Nobody wants to here that Robinson was washed up in his last year but he was.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I am a spurs fan and a truthful one. Nobody wants to here that Robinson was washed up in his last year but he was.

Seriously, you are no Spurs fan. You are either that wolves009 guy or at the very worst T Park! You're too busy playing B-Ball videogames, making your fantasy teams, and sucking KGs balls to know anything about basketball. Just admit it already, TD>KG. Damn, even people on other teams boards agree with this, so don't even mention team bias.

Casual fans like you make me sick. Let me guess? You became a Spurs fan after game 2 of this years finals, then became a Pistons fan after game 4? And now you're back on the bandwagon? Thats a lot of flip-flopping!

Useruser666
07-06-2005, 12:54 PM

Your spelling is slipping budy. Who here has said that Robinson wasn't himself his last year? Nobody, that's who.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
You are assuming I'm a bandwagon fan just like I'm assuming you are a big time homer and doesn't like to hear reality. I never went on the Piston bandwagon after game 4. I am a true fan who doesn't leave them no matter what.

pache100
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM

Why is is that "that one season didn't count" for the Spurs...why doesn't it "not count" for the Lakers, the Bulls, the Trailblazers, the Suns, yada yada yada????? All the teams had the same amount of time to prepare...all the teams had the same number of games to play. If it was such a snap for the Spurs to win the championship in a short season, WHY DIDN'T THE LAKERS WIN IT????? If they are such jocks? That excuse was lame for Jackson and it's lame here.

TDfan2007
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM

parker
Gino
scola
1 draft pick

for KG

There is no way that the Spurs are gonna trade Manu or TP for KG. Anyway the Spurs are good enough without KG.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
It might be a lame excuse but in reality teams need time to get in shape. Players also need time to get used to new plays and style of play. There was no training camp and that is huge for many coaches. Luckily Poppovich already had that team together for a year and took advantage of the other teams.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
It might be a lame excuse but in reality teams need time to get in shape. Players also need time to get used to new plays and style of play. There was no training camp and that is huge for many coaches. Luckily Poppovich already had that team together for a year and took advantage of the other teams.

That just shows how much better of a coach Pop is. Do you read your posts aloud before you hit "submit reply"? Cause this is getting ridiculous!

tophy7
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Only 2 teams have won 16 games in order to win a title, spurs 03,05 and pistons 04, that means every other team has an * next to their season :lol

Sense
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I really dont know why he wastes his time posting here...

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM
You are assuming I'm a bandwagon fan just like I'm assuming you are a big time homer and doesn't like to hear reality. I never went on the Piston bandwagon after game 4. I am a true fan who doesn't leave them no matter what.

How am I a big time homer? I'm a basketball fan first, I'm just lucky to live in San Antonio! Am I much less of a Spurs fan, because I enjoy Amare's game? Or because I like Kobe's skills? (his on-court abilities only) And even though that T-Mac shootout earlier in the season hurt, it was a hell of a thing to watch! At least I'm not humoring myself by saying KG>TD, hahaha! get real!

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I agree. The spurs are the best team now but in 99 you don't know what a full camp can do so it is unknown for that year.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:10 PM
You're the one with the Tim Duncan love fest. He is a great guy but you are distorting reality by saying he is best player in the league.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I agree. The spurs are the best team now but in 99 you don't know what a full camp can do so it is unknown for that year.

With or without a full camp, it was the Spurs year. All the teams had an equal opportunity, but the Spurs succeeded. You are seriously blind when it comes to basketball, huh?

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
You're the one with the Tim Duncan love fest. He is a great guy but you are distorting reality by saying he is best player in the league.

Hmmm, do you care to show me where I said that he was the best player in the league? He's the best PF in the league. The best all around player....yup. But I wouldn't choose him if the NBA was 1 on 1. Kobe and T-Mac are deadly when it comes to off the dribble. KG doesn't even make my top 3 PFs!

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I would be blind if I was following the spur wagon on saying Rasho is a great player and Robinson was always good even when injured. Duncan's teammates are decent but not great. That is blind

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmmm, do you care to show me where I said that he was the best player in the league? He's the best PF in the league. The best all around player....yup. But I wouldn't choose him if the NBA was 1 on 1. Kobe and T-Mac are deadly when it comes to off the dribble. KG doesn't even make my top 3 PFs!
I know you hate Garnett but you are making everyone dumber by choosing your favorites as the top.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Duncan>Amare>KG

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Duncan>Amare>KG
Now you are making yourself look silly. Amare is a one dimensional player. He scores. This might change in a year or 2 but right now Garnett is still the best. Did Nash come to your mind?

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I would be blind if I was following the spur wagon on saying Rasho is a great player and Robinson was always good even when injured. Duncan's teammates are decent but not great. That is blind

Who are you quoting? When did I say TD's teammates were great? He's a great player because he can get it done with just 1 allstar teammate. And KG can't even do it with 2.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Duncan>Amare>KG

I'd have to put Rasheed higher than KG, due to his playoff abilities, excluding his disappearance in this years Finals.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Now you are making yourself look silly. Amare is a one dimensional player. He scores. This might change in a year or 2 but right now Garnett is still the best. Did Nash come to your mind?

He averaged 20.6 ppg without Nash in 04 including 24 ppg post all star break, yeah nash has everything to do with amare :lol

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Yeah, he scores and that scoring led his team to the best record in the league. His future is definitely scary looking, the Spurs know that the Suns team will need to be dealt with in the immediate future. He's still going uphill with his skills, whereas KG..... Amare's defense or lack thereof caught up to him in the WCF, but thats more than KG.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Who are you quoting? When did I say TD's teammates were great? He's a great player because he can get it done with just 1 allstar teammate. And KG can't even do it with 2.
Duncan has great role players and a second option in Ginoblil. Sometimes role players are better than stars. Horry is a role player and so is Bowen. They all bring something different to the table. You can't say that for Garnett's team. Olawakandi can't rebound. Sprewell and Wally can't play defense. Cassell can't stay healthy. These are the differences between what Duncan has and Garnett.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
I'd have to put Rasheed higher than KG, due to his playoff abilities, excluding his disappearance in this years Finals.
I don't think KG is better then Tim, but he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Rasheed.

Useruser666
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Spursdaone, you are now saying Duncan's teammates aren't great? I thought that was KG's argument?

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Spursdaone, you are now saying Duncan's teammates aren't great? I thought that was KG's argument?
That is what some other people thought on this forum.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Duncan has great role players and a second option in Ginoblil. Sometimes role players are better than stars. Horry is a role player and so is Bowen. They all bring something different to the table. You can't say that for Garnett's team. Olawakandi can't rebound. Sprewell and Wally can't play defense. Cassell can't stay healthy. These are the differences between what Duncan has and Garnett.

Just like Horry doesn't show up in the regular season, Beno is a turnover machine, Ginobili is always injured(but he still plays), Tony disappears in the playoffs, Bowen can't shoot free throws, blah blah blah. All players have drawbacks, but even with a so-called perfect team, KG still wouldn't get a ring.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't think KG is better then Tim, but he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Rasheed.

I'd rather have Tim going against KG, then to have Tim dealing with Rasheed again.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Garnett would be shutting down Horry and Ben would guard Duncan if Detroit had Garnett.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Garnett would be shutting down Horry and Ben would guard Duncan if Detroit had Garnett.

If Detroit had KG, then Shaq would've played in another Finals, and would've gotten eliminated by the Spurs twice in the last three years.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
:lol @ the thought of garnett shutting down someone

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
:lol @ the thought of garnett shutting down someone

Agreed! KG can't even shut down his PC.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:47 PM

KG couldn't even handle Karl Malone in the 04 WCF and now he'd shut down RoHo? Seriously.... you need to take your meds. :spin

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Karl Malone is a hall famer who by the way shut down Duncan that same year. Duncan would've been owned by Malone in Malone's prime.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Malone had Shaq backing him, when you take away Shaq, Malone was Duncan's bitch for 4 straight years which is why he went to LA :lol he was sick of getting owned.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
KG couldn't even handle Karl Malone in the 04 WCF and now he'd shut down RoHo? Seriously.... you need to take your meds. :spin
Malone is alot stronger than Horry and Garnett's length would bother Horry.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Malone had Shaq backing him, when you take away Shaq, Malone was Duncan's bitch for 4 straight years which is why he went to LA :lol he was sick of getting owned.

How could this guy forget about Shaq? I was just joking about this Spursdaone guy being blind, but GOD, how do you miss a 600lb monster!?!?! :drunk

Mixability
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Malone is alot stronger than Horry and Garnett's length would bother Horry.

Just like Prince's 7 foot wingspan bothered him on the Fathers Day Dagger?!?!?! Did you even watch any games this season or were you too busy sucking KG's balls?

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
You sure like to talk about KG's balls. You must have a fantasy about that. Prince is big but he is not a power forward. He is as skinny as you get in the nba. Garnett is stronger and would block more shots on Horry. Horry would be owned. :lol

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
The following is your response to the question, how does it taste having KG's nuts in your mouth...

Who's the one with the fantasy and a detailed fantasy at that! :shootme

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
You sure like to talk about KG's balls. You must have a fantasy about that. Prince is big but he is not a power forward. He is as skinny as you get in the nba. Garnett is stronger and would block more shots on Horry. Horry would be owned. :lol

You weren't talking about being big, you mentioned length. So I gave you a good example of how length does not bother Horry.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Garnett has length and strength and that is why he would own Horry. Prince is soft.

tophy7
07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Did he really say KG is younger?
TD Born: Apr 25, 1976
KG Born: May 19, 1976

:lol didn't even know his fav. player was older

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Garnett has length and strength and that is why he would own Horry. Prince is soft.

Yeah, KG has length and strength, and it's paid off. He made it all the way to the..........wait for it............LOTTERY.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
I was talking about if he was in Detroit because someone said Rasheed was better which is idiotic.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I was talking about if he was in Detroit because someone said Rasheed was better which is idiotic.

Then Detroit would have another lottery pick to waste(Darko)

dn0
07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
By the end of his career KG will be the indisputable owner of the most first round exits in nba history award. That will be his first and last NBA jewerly.

Spursdaone = LakerGod

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
No I'm a spurs fan who hates the lakers. Try again. :pctoss

ambchang
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Huh? You are confusing me, are you somehow trying to say that DRob, who is the best teammate Duncan had in 2003, is a scrub, but somehow Duncan got better teammates than Garnett? So All-Stars Cassell, Sprewell and RoY Szczerbiak are worse than scrubs?
You really have to put these thoughts of yours in whole, complete sentences.
Allow me to rephrase your thoughts:
DRob = Rasho, and DRob = scrub.

I am assuming that period after Rasho signifies a seperate thought, which means that Jackson, Claxton, Ginobili, Bowen and Parker should dominate with a superstar, which it did by winning the 03 championship.
So you are saying that Duncan is a superstar, which we all agree.
And to show you that he is even better than a superstar, he once again led the Spurs to a 05 championship without two of those 5 players.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao
During the lockout, coaches were not allowed to workout players, try again.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Flip flop flip flop.
So hold on a second, Duncan's teammates are decent, the Spurs won 3 championships with Duncan and some "decent" teammates.
That translates to:
Duncan >>>>>> Garnett

ambchang
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Karl Malone is a hall famer who by the way shut down Duncan that same year. Duncan would've been owned by Malone in Malone's prime.

Is 98 and 99 be good enough? Check the matchups, and tell me who owned who.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Is 98 and 99 be good enough? Check the matchups, and tell me who owned who.

Damn, that shut Spursdaone up!

ambchang
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Damn, that shut Spursdaone up!
S/he is a troll, no way you can shut him/her up. But it's funny to see him running around in circles and coming up with arguments that bit himself in the ass.

Spursdaone
07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Except that I am right so I don't have to worry about that part.

Mixability
07-06-2005, 05:45 PM

You haven't been right yet. I just want you to see your response to the previous questions about KG and TD's respective teams. First you said that TD won because he has great teammates, then you called DRob a scrub amongnst scrubs during the 2003 run. So pick a side already, stop flip flopping. Just admit that TD is better than KG, I'm seriously thinking that you have a mental problem if you can't fathom: 3 rings>0 rings.

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
demanded

kskonn
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Huh? You are confusing me, are you somehow trying to say that DRob, who is the best teammate Duncan had in 2003, is a scrub, but somehow Duncan got better teammates than Garnett? So All-Stars Cassell, Sprewell and RoY Szczerbiak are worse than scrubs?
You really have to put these thoughts of yours in whole, complete sentences.
Allow me to rephrase your thoughts:
DRob = Rasho, and DRob = scrub.

I am assuming that period after Rasho signifies a seperate thought, which means that Jackson, Claxton, Ginobili, Bowen and Parker should dominate with a superstar, which it did by winning the 03 championship.
So you are saying that Duncan is a superstar, which we all agree.
And to show you that he is even better than a superstar, he once again led the Spurs to a 05 championship without two of those 5 players.

And don't forget that DRob has a couple of olympic gold medals,and we all know that a gold medal is better than a championship, which means he is better than KG which would I guess come out to this equation. DROB > KG but DROB=SCRUB therefor SCRUB> KG... interesting.

ambchang
07-06-2005, 06:00 PM

You are right in saying that Duncan is a better team player, and he makes his teammates better than Garnett could.