PDA

View Full Version : NFL Players Union Rebukes Teams For Asking Players If They ‘Like Girls’

boutons_deux
02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
“[Teams] ask you, like, ‘Do you have a girlfriend?’ Are you married? Do you like girls?’ Those kinds of things, and you know it was just kind of weird. But they would ask you with a straight face, and it’s a pretty weird experience altogether.”

“I know that the NFL agrees that these types of questions violate the law, our CBA and player rights. I hope that they will seek out information as to what teams have engaged in this type of discrimination, and we should then discuss appropriate discipline.”

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/02/27/1647081/nfl-players-union-rebukes-teams-for-asking-players-about-sexuality/

:lol

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
It's really about Manti Te'o. His invisible girlfriend turning into a real guy who has said he has "romantic love" for Manti has everyone wondering but afraid to ask. I'm not sure the NFL is ready for an openly gay player and the lockerroom problems it could potentially cause no matter the legality. I expect his draft prospects to suffer accordingly and he can kiss the first round goodbye.

boutons_deux
02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
"It's really about Manti Te'o."

really? how do you know?

I see there are people questioning Manti's sexuality.

Fucking Puritan/moralist/prurient "Christian" America.

Blake
02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
It's really about Manti Te'o. His invisible girlfriend turning into a real guy who has said he has "romantic love" for Manti has everyone wondering but afraid to ask. I'm not sure the NFL is ready for an openly gay player and the lockerroom problems it could potentially cause no matter the legality. I expect his draft prospects to suffer accordingly and he can kiss the first round goodbye.

Shouldn't matter.

A lawsuit would be great to see.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Wait. Te'o thought he had a girlfriend. Why would someone think he's gay?

Blake
02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
The rumor is that he made up the girlfriend in order to deflect his gayness.

It has NFL scouts worried apparently.

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2013, 05:48 PM
NFL football players aren't the most enlightened demographic group around. Managers already have enough problems keeping locker room peace between the corn fed cracker redneck linemen and the inner city rapper style showboats. Managers are all afraid the media heat of having the first openly gay player would crush their locker room.

That's why Te'o and his imaginary cyber girlfriend turned real cyber guy and his weak explanations has all of them running scared. Rumor is his draft prospects are dropping like a turd from a tall horse.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Rumors.

Men are worse than women with this shit.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
I think it is presumptive to say that NFL lockerrooms are not ready for it.

I think its pretty evident that certain demographics of the audience are not ready for it but the millenials ie the majority of the NFL lockerroom's generation are about as ready as you can get. NFL players are about machismo as one can get too so who knows. Have they been publicly polled?

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm just the messenger. The shit is out there. Personally I could care less whether Te'o sucks Tony Romo's cock in the jacuzzi.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm just the messenger. The shit is out there. Personally I could care less whether Te'o sucks Tony Romo's cock in the jacuzzi.

So you talk to NFL GM's or is there an article somewhere detailing this?

ChumpDumper
02-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Hard to believe tbh. There are definitely easier ways of getting a beard. But I guess a gay Mormon hillbilly could do the same stupid thing that a straight Mormon hillbilly would do, just for different reasons.

Latarian Milton
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
the social prejudice against celibates is stupid and meaningless imho. when someone says he doesn't "like girls" it doesn't necessarily mean he's gay or shit tbh

Jacob1983
03-01-2013, 01:50 AM
I know that GLAAD and other groups for homosexuals would sue me for saying this but Americans aren't ready for a gay superstate type of athlete. And let's be honest, all of the athletes or former athletes that have come out have been either spares or average at best. You don't see the great athletes or even the good ones saying that they're gay.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2013, 01:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9000545/chris-kluwe-brendon-ayanbadejo-file-amicus-brief-california-favoring-same-sex-marriage

And Jacob speak for yourself. You certainly don't speak for 'Americans.'

Jacob1983
03-02-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm not talking about gay marriage. I'm talking about a superstar athlete that is also a homosexual. That will not sell tickets and merchandise. Gay athletes are usually spares or bums in their respective sport. You rarely hear about a gay athlete that is an all star or superstar in their sport.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm not talking about gay marriage. I'm talking about a superstar athlete that is also a homosexual. That will not sell tickets and merchandise. Gay athletes are usually spares or bums in their respective sport. You rarely hear about a gay athlete that is an all star or superstar in their sport.

Again, speak for yourself. You are not the spokesperson for America. I do think this assertion that somehow being a fag limits your athletic ability is funny though. It's clear what you want but wanting something does not make it true. FEAR THE RAINBOW!!!!

My link was to show NFL players that were not homophobes but rather outspoken against it. It was more about the topic then directed at you.

Jacob1983
03-02-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm not talking about athletic ability. I'm talking about making profits and generating revenue. If being gay is normal and not anything bad then an NFL player should step up and man up and say that they like guys if they do in fact like guys. That's what I don't get about it. If being gay is normal and not a bad thing, then more people should be open to admitting that they're gay. If you're scared to admit it, then what does that say about gayness?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Gay athletes are usually spares or bums in their respective sport.

I get that you fear the rainbow and are seeking justifications for it now that society seems more and more accepting of the homo.

Just realize that you don't get to speak for anyone but yourself.

Jacob1983
03-02-2013, 01:29 AM
If you are so passionate about gayness and helping gay humans then why not get off your ass and go to a parade, rally, protest, charity event, or meeting. Your attitude is similar to my sister's attitude on the matter. You bitch and moan about how gay people are treated in America and around the world suffer and how they're oppressed yet you do nothing to help them and their cause. Step up to the streets in 3D.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM

Hung up on fags and your sister. I am not really sure what to make of that.

Jacob1983
03-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Anything else?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2013, 06:34 AM

I don't know. You tell me. You are the one that is trying to say that American is not ready for homosexual athletes to excel at their sport. I laugh at you and you bring up your sister. Like I said, you tell me. What else do you have for us?