PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Prime wade vs prime Dirk

Lincoln
02-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Both have led teams to finals wins. Wade did it with a team of mostly over the hill stars. Dirk did it with a team full of choking pussies (Marion,jet, Peja).

mavs>spurs
02-27-2013, 09:30 PM
dirk since dirk won both times they went head to head in the finals

JoeTait75
02-27-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNidpRNA0g

Latarian Milton
02-27-2013, 09:42 PM
the prime wade would've been nothing more special than a glorified barbosa w/o whistles imho. nigga's game changed alot over these years as he developed a consistent jumpshooting skill to compensate for the loss of speed. the prime wade was fast like light and even though his mid-long range shooting was not very good by a SG's standard, he could get the the points at the line. the prime wade was flawed and he was too dependent on refs calls, but it doesn't mean he was a flopper or shit, nigga just threw himself at the basket more often than other guards and he was good at drawing fouls. the current wade is a totally different player and it's hard to say which wade is better, the 06' version or the current one.

06' dirk was the best of him and he NEARLY won the NBA championship that year w/o much support from his teammates, and he was easily the better player than either one tbh. it's a nightmare for defenders when you have to confront a 7 footer who can shoot 40%+ behind the 3pt line tbh, son of a bitch avery just wasted dirk's best years imho

AaronY
02-27-2013, 09:44 PM
dirk since dirk won both times they went head to head in the finals

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgrjtgpPGG1qfabmx.gif

SpursIndonesia
02-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Tough calls, can't go wrong either way, but i choose Dirk, he can get it done without relying too much of food stamps by the zebras.

irishock
02-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Dirk's best year is 2009 imo. He didn't lose his lift and quickness yet, and started attacking the rim like a man.

mercos
02-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd take Dirk. Wade is a great player, but elite shooting guards are not exactly rare. Dirk is one of kind.

Lincoln
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Dirk's best year is 2009 imo. He didn't lose his lift and quickness yet, and started attacking the rim like a man.

Was that the year he shit on the spurs and josh Howard put up 28 on a bum ankle and when hollins tbagged duncan

irishock
02-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Was that the year he shit on the spurs and josh Howard put up 28 on a bum ankle and when hollins tbagged duncan

He actually didn't play well against the Spurs, but that was because of the Crystal Taylor shit going on :lmao can't blame him

He was ridiculous in the regular season and in the Denver series imo. If it wasn't for the officiating I think Dirk could've single handedly beaten the Nuggets

Lincoln
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
He actually didn't play well against the Spurs, but that was because of the Crystal Taylor shit going on :lmao can't blame him

He was ridiculous in the regular season and in the Denver series imo. If it wasn't for the officiating I think Dirk could've single handedly beaten the Nuggets
He later put up 34/12 iirc against the nuggets defenders

:lol Birdman and Kmart getting raped
:lol starting Antoine wright at SG
:lol doesn't even know how to intentionally foul melo

Norris Cole
02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Wade 2008-2009 if I'm choosing for one year.

irishock
02-27-2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aYgT4zsLPo

Equivalent of Wade's game 3 vs Dallas, except without the officiating help

Norris Cole
02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aYgT4zsLPo

Equivalent of Wade's game 3 vs Dallas, except without the officiating help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02m-VjRs90&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Brazil
02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Dirk tbh

D-Wade
02-27-2013, 10:13 PM
D-Wade easy (I know I know). Prime Wade overachieved. Prime Dirk underachieved and choked. Always respected the dude, but it's only in the last 3 years that I've been sold on Dirk's toughness. Before that he was mentally fragile and Wade the exact opposite.

Bill_Brasky
02-27-2013, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02m-VjRs90&feature=youtube_gdata_player

God that was nasty.

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Wash.

Jacob1983
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Dirk because he doesn't need free throws to win games in the Finals. Just sayin'. Besides, Dirk wasn't trying to be anyone but Dirk. Wade was trying to be Jordan in 2006. Stern and his ass fuck minions thought it would be a great idea to make Wade the next Jordan. How did that work out? Wade's shitty Heat got swept in the first round in 2007 and did not get out of the first round until he started dating Lebron. Dirk was the main man. Can't say the same about Wade.

Lincoln
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
i miss the 11 finals run. dirk went fucking god mode..

Venti Quattro
02-27-2013, 11:47 PM

You were three years late, tbh

irishock
02-27-2013, 11:50 PM

09 Dirk wouldn't have left game 3 06 happen.

Phillip
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM

09 Dirk wouldn't have left game 3 06 happen.

Dirk started attacking the hoop heavily the year Nash left.

He developed a serious post game in 09.

So you both are right in a way.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Prime dirk no doubt...Still have flashbacks from the 06 wcsf of dirk knocking down all kinds of crazy shots

JamStone
02-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Dirk.

Dirk helped lead Dallas to an impressive and sustained level of elite play for like a decade with varying degrees of talent on his teams in the Western Conference during a decade dominated by the Spurs and Lakers, and to a lesser extent other really good to great teams in many of those years, like Sacramento, Portland, and Phoenix. Wade only helped his team reach great team success in a weak Eastern Conference when he had guys like Shaq and LeBron. And the two titles he had are at least qualified first by questionable officiating in 2006 and the fact he was a second banana to LeBron last season. While Wade is still a great player, even in his own era, there were comparable players like Kobe, T-Mac, Vince, Iverson. But the only comparable player to Dirk is HOFer, Larry Bird. Dirk is unique. And he has been greater in terms of consistency and longevity.

I'd take prime Dirk over prime Wade 10 times out of 10 times.

Killakobe81
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Dirk.

Dirk helped lead Dallas to an impressive and sustained level of elite play for like a decade with varying degrees of talent on his teams in the Western Conference during a decade dominated by the Spurs and Lakers, and to a lesser extent other really good to great teams in many of those years, like Sacramento, Portland, and Phoenix. Wade only helped his team reach great team success in a weak Eastern Conference when he had guys like Shaq and LeBron. And the two titles he had are at least qualified first by questionable officiating in 2006 and the fact he was a second banana to LeBron last season. While Wade is still a great player, even in his own era, there were comparable players like Kobe, T-Mac, Vince, Iverson. But the only comparable player to Dirk is HOFer, Larry Bird. Dirk is unique. And he has been greater in terms of consistency and longevity.

I'd take prime Dirk over prime Wade 10 times out of 10 times.

Gotta agree. Though Wade was better all-around (defense/passer) ... in his prime, Dirk went from crappy to mediocre Defensively ...but was unreal offensively. Plus he rebounded like a man in the playoffs. Dirk is arguably the best "tough shot maker" ... in his era with only Kobe who is close or maybe better. Plus his shot selection is not as bad as Kobe's. Sure at times Dirk was soft and though he flops you cant call Wade soft ... but yet I still take Dirk in a close call ...wont say 10 out of 10 but ...at least 7 ...

ambchang
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Dirk was better for longer, and had a higher peak. Not really too tough a choice TBH.

He led the league in WS/48 three times and OWS and WS twice, PER once with a career high of 28.1.

Wade on the other, great as he was, never led the league in WS/48, WS OWS or DWS (In fact, Nowitzki has 4 seasons with a better WS than Dwyane Wade's career high WS of 14.7, and a fifth season of 14.6), led the league in PER once with 28.9 and a career high of 30.1.

Wade put up better all-around statistics, but Nowitzki has led his teams to more victories due to his play for a longer period of time than Wade has.

AussieFanKurt
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
As Jordan said, Dirk is one of 4 players who would succeed in his era. He's right. Dirk is good in any era and I would definitely take him over Wade.

Findog
02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Gotta agree. Though Wade was better all-around (defense/passer) ... in his prime, Dirk went from crappy to mediocre Defensively ...but was unreal offensively. Plus he rebounded like a man in the playoffs. Dirk is arguably the best "tough shot maker" ... in his era with only Kobe who is close or maybe better. Plus his shot selection is not as bad as Kobe's. Sure at times Dirk was soft and though he flops you cant call Wade soft ... but yet I still take Dirk in a close call ...wont say 10 out of 10 but ...at least 7 ...

Dirk was never soft. Just because you can physically push a guy off his preferred spots because you're stronger and bulkier than he is doesn't make him soft. I mean he got his teeth knocked out and returned in the same game, played through so many injuries, and he never went bitch-made like Carmelo and LeBron and tried to get out of Dallas because Cuban couldn't put together a Super Team for him.

Killakobe81
02-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Dirk was never soft. Just because you can physically push a guy off his preferred spots because you're stronger and bulkier than he is doesn't make him soft. I mean he got his teeth knocked out and returned in the same game, played through so many injuries, and he never went bitch-made like Carmelo and LeBron and tried to get out of Dallas because Cuban couldn't put together a Super Team for him.

Maybe soft is harsh but I do think he learned to play more aggressive and I dont think he rings without developing more toughness. Maybe it was mental or maybe he needed Lincoln and Tyson on his side but he was always elite but he took the next step in 2011 I dont care if his winshares or PER were better prior ...

hater
02-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Dirk was mentally soft for many years. Wade was always mentally strong and clutch.

But Dirk got his finally and all things considered was a superior player than Wade.

Drachen
02-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Dirk and it isn't even close. In fact its kinda funny to think about.

Jacob1983
03-01-2013, 01:30 AM
The difference between 2006 Finals Dirk and 2011 Finals Dirk is that the Dirk in the 2011 Finals went to the damn hoop when the game was on the line. He would not be denied again in 2011.

BUMP
03-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Agreed. It's often forgotten how completely shitty that Mavs team was. It was basically Dirk, Jason Terry, and a Josh Howard that stopped caring. After that, you had Jason Kidd, Brandon Bass and then a whole bunch of journeymen, has beens, or never wases. Hard to believe that team won a playoff series.

sook
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Actually Dirk's best years were from 05-08, with 06 Dirk being the best IMO. That finals run and the 67 win season while starting 0-7 was just fucking ridiculous.

Lincoln
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
0-4 tbh, then they won 12 straight, lost one, 13 straight

monosylab1k
03-01-2013, 03:18 PM

Physically, Dirk was always tough. But there absolutely were plenty of times where he showed a mentally soft attitude. Not mentally weak, mind you, but mentally soft. It has less to do with Dirk and more with the other team. If other teams can sense that mental softness, it will always increase their confidence and aggressiveness on the court. And of course, the one year where Dirk had an few enforcers to make up for that mental softness, they win a title.

Latarian Milton
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Physically, Dirk was always tough. But there absolutely were plenty of times where he showed a mentally soft attitude. Not mentally weak, mind you, but mentally soft. It has less to do with Dirk and more with the other team. If other teams can sense that mental softness, it will always increase their confidence and aggressiveness on the court. And of course, the one year where Dirk had an few enforcers to make up for that mental softness, they win a title.
dirk has a soft mind just like most of us tbh. dude dug his head in his arms when the ref blew the final whistle in game 6 of the 2011 finals, because he was also moved to tears just like us and he didn't want the world to see that. :cry you don't see many players celebrating the championship that way, by comparison, the celts just went riot and got drunk as shit after winning the championship in 08.

dirk's mental softness relapsed in game 6 that year, though he looked rather tough in the previous games both mentally and physically. he missed every shot he attempted in the 1st half and went 0-10 something from the field, dude had a poor game that night which was fair to say, but thankfully your role players all stood up and rescued this team from what could've been a replica of the 06' tragedy. dirk just showed one more time that his mind couldn't stand such heavy pressure imho, when he was only one game away from winning his first ring ever.

Sportstudi
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
dirk has a soft mind just like most of us tbh. dude dug his head in his arms when the ref blew the final whistle in game 6 of the 2011 finals, because he was also moved to tears just like us and he didn't want the world to see that. :cry you don't see many players celebrating the championship that way, by comparison, the celts just went riot and got drunk as shit after winning the championship in 08.

dirk's mental softness relapsed in game 6 that year, though he looked rather tough in the previous games both mentally and physically. he missed every shot he attempted in the 1st half and went 0-10 something from the field, dude had a poor game that night which was fair to say, but thankfully your role players all stood up and rescued this team from what could've been a replica of the 06' tragedy. dirk just showed one more time that his mind couldn't stand such heavy pressure imho, when he was only one game away from winning his first ring ever.

Not really. Yes, Dirk was very bad in the first half, he shot 1-12, but turned his game on in the second half when the game was close and willed Dallas to the title. Sure, 8-15 in the second half isn't stellar, but it's over .50 and thus, not bad. He had again 10 points in that 4th quarter.

ambchang
03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
It is really sad that bring introspective and intelligent is being considered soft, whereas the wrecklessness and selfishness of players like JR smith and Nare Robinson is considered tough.

Nowitzki got screwed by the sterns in 06, then drew the worst possible matchup in 07 and got destroyed for it. Yet he kept working at it and improved his game until he won it all with one if the best playoff performance in recent memory. If that is not mentally tough, I am not sure what is.

JamStone
03-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Being tough doesn't necessarily mean the lack of physicality or not being a banger in the paint. Not being loud or not talking shit doesn't make you soft. KG isn't tough just because he barks at opponents. That's fake tough. Maybe Dirk used to get that label because he's a 7-footer who is more of a perimeter guy and he's not loud and obnoxious when he scores a basket or flex when he pulls down a rebound. But some people viewed him that way because he didn't. I think the perception also got magnified when David West slapped him on the face and Dirk did absolutely nothing about it. But to me, that doesn't make him soft. It's way more gangsta for a player to not be thuggish, not be loud and talk shit, let the other team do all of that b.s., and then drop 30 on them and win the game. That's being a cold stone ninja. You don't have to bark like KG. You don't have to flex like Alonzo Mourning. You don't have to dance or hoot and holler after each shot. It doesn't make you soft.

Dirk being soft was more of a product of the American basketball fan not being used to a great player who didn't rely on all the dramatics and flash and fake sports entertainment they're used to with a lot of American born basketball players to make them appear even better than they actually are. In that regard, Dirk is kind of like Duncan. Not a lot of pizazz or pomp and circumstance. They just get shit done on the court.

Phillip
03-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Being tough doesn't necessarily mean the lack of physicality or not being a banger in the paint. Not being loud or not talking shit doesn't make you soft. KG isn't tough just because he barks at opponents. That's fake tough. Maybe Dirk used to get that label because he's a 7-footer who is more of a perimeter guy and he's not loud and obnoxious when he scores a basket or flex when he pulls down a rebound. But some people viewed him that way because he didn't. I think the perception also got magnified when David West slapped him on the face and Dirk did absolutely nothing about it. But to me, that doesn't make him soft. It's way more gangsta for a player to not be thuggish, not be loud and talk shit, let the other team do all of that b.s., and then drop 30 on them and win the game. That's being a cold stone ninja. You don't have to bark like KG. You don't have to flex like Alonzo Mourning. You don't have to dance or hoot and holler after each shot. It doesn't make you soft.

Dirk being soft was more of a product of the American basketball fan not being used to a great player who didn't rely on all the dramatics and flash and fake sports entertainment they're used to with a lot of American born basketball players to make them appear even better than they actually are. In that regard, Dirk is kind of like Duncan. Not a lot of pizazz or pomp and circumstance. They just get shit done on the court.

This.

You don't see Duncan ever getting involved in nonsense and acting "tough". He just kicked everyone's ass for 15 years and won 4 championships in the process.

Jacob1983
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
The refs tried to give the Heat game 6 in 2011 with the FT attempts but Dirk and the Mavs said "fuck you" to Stern and did not crap out.