PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Curry's 54 is the most impressive reg season offensive performance of the past decade

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Big game, on the road, against one of the better teams in the league with playoff implications, and Golden State needed each and every one of Curry's points to stay competitive.

And it was easily the most impressive MSG performance since Jordan's double nickel.

Too bad it was all in vain since Curry's teammates are a bunch of choking fuckheads.

AussieFanKurt
02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
He did get blocked late but fuck he couldn't have done much more. That last 3 he hit had me saying oh my god out loud... what a shot

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 10:55 PM
He did get blocked late but fuck he couldn't have done much more. That last 3 he hit had me saying oh my god out loud... what a shot

I mean, 11-13 from 3. Are you kidding me? :lol

I know there have been bigger scoring games from many players over the last 10 years, but most of those efforts were against terrible teams, often at home, and came in a blowout. Quite often the high scoring player would be kept in during garbage time to pad because the crowd wanted to see a 60 point game.

Not the case here. Curry was trying to will his team to a much needed win against a very, very solid team.

AussieFanKurt
02-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I mean, 11-13 from 3. Are you kidding me? :lol

I know there have been bigger scoring games from many players over the last 10 years, but most of those efforts were against terrible teams, often at home, and came in a blowout. Quite often the high scoring player would be kept in during garbage time to pad because the crowd wanted to see a 60 point game.

Not the case here. Curry was trying to will his team to a much needed win against a very, very solid team.

Yeah exactly.. you'd be hard pressed to count better regular season performances there vs good teams on one hand

Calispursfan11
02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
What is up with Midnight getting all worked up about big scoring outputs this season anyways? The "Beard" was Midnight's flavor of a couple of days ago with his 40 plus points. Who'll be next? Lest we forget that Tony Delk once scored 53 in a game! LOL.

Clipper Nation
02-27-2013, 10:58 PM
He shot the lights out, but his performance kind of lost its luster around the time that he prematurely celebrated (which he ALWAYS does - that faggot celebrates every made basket like he just won Finals MVP), got swatted, turned it over in the clutch, and the Dubs lost, tbh...

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:02 PM
And what's really, really, really impressive here is that Curry only shot 7 freethrows. Look up any 50 point plus came from the last 10 or 15 years and usually the player in question shoots 15 or more FTs.

Suspect
02-27-2013, 11:03 PM
You're reachin with this thread

Deuce Bigalow
02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
http://stats.nba.com/photos/box-kobemavs-230-130207.png

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-27-2013, 11:09 PM
I went to go check the box score when I saw this thread. His team lost, so idk how it could be that good of a performance.

Calispursfan11
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah, not sure if the thread is based in any reality other than Midnight getting wet to high scoring performances in the past hour tbh.

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
What is up with Midnight getting all worked up about big scoring outputs this season anyways? The "Beard" was Midnight's flavor of a couple of days ago with his 40 plus points. Who'll be next? Lest we forget that Tony Delk once scored 53 in a game! LOL.

Yeah, scoring 46 against one of the league's top teams and defending Western Conference champion, a performance that pretty much single handedly won the game, didn't deserve a thread.

And Tony Delk dropping 53 on 20-27 in an OT loss against the Kings (one of the best teams in the league at the time) at the Cow Palace was the best offensive performance of 2001 and easily one of the top 5 performances of the 00s. So I don't see how referencing him undermines my opinion about Curry's game.

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:13 PM

Nope. Blowout win. Lakers were at home, and Kirby shot 25 fuckin' FTs.

Deuce Bigalow
02-27-2013, 11:14 PM
All he did was outscore an elite NBA team by himself. No biggie.

Calispursfan11
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah, scoring 46 against one of the league's top teams and defending Western Conference champion, a performance that pretty much single handedly won the game, didn't deserve a thread.

And Tony Delk dropping 53 on 20-27 in an OT loss against the Kings (one of the best teams in the league at the time) at the Cow Palace was the best offensive performance of 2001 and easily one of the top 5 performances of the 00s. So I don't see how referencing him undermines my opinion about Curry's game.

Kay, so go now analyze all the 50 point games Kobe, Iverson, Vince and Wade have had in the past decade and tell me that 12 year old curry's was somehow more impressive (where his team LOST).

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, not sure if the thread is based in any reality other than Midnight getting wet to high scoring performances in the past hour tbh.

Translation: I don't like this thread because it offends my inner Kobefan sensibilities.

AaronY
02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
OP is way carried away imho

Asif Ali Zardari
02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Kobe against Dallas is arguably the greatest scoring feat in history. Out scoring the best team in the NBA at the time through 3 quarters is out of this world.

And I know midnightpulp didn't forget 81. He has nightmares about it every week.

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Kay, so go now analyze all the 50 point games Kobe, Iverson, Vince and Wade have had in the past decade and tell me that 12 year old curry's was somehow more impressive (where his team LOST).

Yeah, dipshit, because losing isn't a team effort or anything.

Koolaid_Man
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Big game, on the road, against one of the better teams in the league with playoff implications, and Golden State needed each and every one of Curry's points to stay competitive.

And it was easily the most impressive MSG performance since Jordan's double nickel.

Too bad it was all in vain since Curry's teammates are a bunch of choking fuckheads.

not impressed...I've seen too much from the 'Block' Mamba in my life-time....when Paki-Curry scores 60 pts or more come see me....

Calispursfan11
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM

Translation: "I forgot about all those great regular season performances - oops..."

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Kobe against Dallas is arguably the greatest scoring feat in history. Out scoring the best team in the NBA at the time through 3 quarters is out of this world.

And I know midnightpulp didn't forget 81. He has nightmares about it every week.

Not when 40% of those points come from the FT line.

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Translation: "I forgot about all those great regular season performances - oops..."

Burden of proof is on you.

I concede that Kobe's 62 against the Mavs is the only one comparable in this decade.

Show me a performance that came in a game where the player's team needed every single one of this points. Forgive me for not being impressed when AI drops 50 on 40 shots or when Kobe scored 61 against a shitty Knicks team that saw him shooting 10 FTs in garbage time.

jag
02-27-2013, 11:35 PM
I'll give it to Tony for his heroic 55 point performance against the T-Wolves back in 2008. Willed his team to the W. Heroic, I said.

DMC
02-27-2013, 11:36 PM

Stat fag fagging up stats par per etc

midnightpulp
02-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Look, guys, one of the reasons I'm so high on this performance is because he managed to drop 50+ shooting only 7 FTs. That's pretty fuckin' unreal. Many of the big scoring games this past decade after the NBA implemented a variety of rule changes to boost perimeter scoring featured the player in question shooting a fuckton of FTs (as Tex Winter once said about the rule changes, “It’s brought all these 40-point scorers,” Winter said. “They can’t score 40 points unless they get 15-20 free throws.” http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm).

Yeah, I've seen many of Carter's, Kobe's, Arenas's, A.I.'s big efforts, and the one thing they all have in common is them shooting a lot of freethrows, which are usually a result of ticky-tack bullshit called 20-25 feet away from the basket.

From '06 to '08, when league wide perimeter scoring saw an exponential increase, pretty much every elite perimeter scorer was treated like Kevin Durant. You couldn't breathe on them without a whistle being blown.

Call me jaded, but many of the big scoring games since the rule changes haven't really impressed me.

benstanfield
02-28-2013, 12:23 AM

Baron Davιs
02-28-2013, 12:37 AM
OP is way carried away imho
This.
Shitty thread Mid, absolutely shitty.

Raven
02-28-2013, 01:57 AM
impressive, really.

InRareForm
02-28-2013, 02:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BELAW_mCIAA_un7.jpg

InRareForm
02-28-2013, 02:03 AM
Would love to see the thread created by OP with Rodrigue B. 40 point game.

Splits
02-28-2013, 02:08 AM
TheWhoShallNotBeNamed: +11

InRareForm
02-28-2013, 02:22 AM
https://twitpic.com/show/large/c7ey66

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 02:24 AM
mid you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaching dawg wit dis thread. :lol

AussieFanKurt
02-28-2013, 02:27 AM
how many times did mark jackson say hand down man down

Venti Quattro
02-28-2013, 02:56 AM
how many times did mark jackson say hand down man down

and mama there goes that man

whitemamba
02-28-2013, 03:12 AM
and mama there goes that man

"with a grown man move"

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 03:41 AM
61 points at MSG (NBA record for an opponent) in only 36 minutes played is probably more impressive - but that's just me. Especially when you leave the game to a standing O and get the W. ;)

MidnightButthurt
02-28-2013, 03:56 AM
61 points at MSG (NBA record for an opponent) in only 36 minutes played is probably more impressive - but that's just me. Especially when you leave the game to a standing O and get the W. ;)

here i go again, thanks for pointing that out ill try to be less butthurt:depressed

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 05:55 AM

Overrated. Lakers went up 15 with 5 minutes left (garbage time) and Kirby got gifted 9 FTs to finish the game because the crowd wanted to see a 60 point game. That performance also loses points because it was against the shitty Mike D Knicks.

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Overrated. Lakers went up 15 with 5 minutes left (garbage time) and Kirby got gifted 9 FTs to finish the game because the crowd wanted to see a 60 point game. That performance also loses points because it was against the shitty Mike D Knicks.
:downspin: that shit mid. :lol

/fail thread :lol

Venti Quattro
02-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Lol, this is still Kobe's best moment in the MSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYVUqjSCbE

ambchang
02-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Fantastic fisherman you are, mid.

Ashy Larry
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM
https://whyweprotest.net/community/attachments/if-im-looking-at-this-correctly-op-is-a-faggot-jpg.556/

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 10:39 AM
https://whyweprotest.net/community/attachments/if-im-looking-at-this-correctly-op-is-a-faggot-jpg.556/

You're better than that, Ash.

Not talking out my ass here.

My reasoning:

Look, guys, one of the reasons I'm so high on this performance is because he managed to drop 50+ shooting only 7 FTs. That's pretty fuckin' unreal. Many of the big scoring games this past decade after the NBA implemented a variety of rule changes to boost perimeter scoring featured the player in question shooting a fuckton of FTs (as Tex Winter once said about the rule changes, “It’s brought all these 40-point scorers,” Winter said. “They can’t score 40 points unless they get 15-20 free throws.” http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm).

Yeah, I've seen many of Carter's, Kobe's, Arenas's, A.I.'s big efforts, and the one thing they all have in common is them shooting a lot of freethrows, which are usually a result of ticky-tack bullshit called 20-25 feet away from the basket.

From '06 to '08, when league wide perimeter scoring saw an exponential increase, pretty much every elite perimeter scorer was treated like Kevin Durant. You couldn't breathe on them without a whistle being blown.

Call me jaded, but many of the big scoring games since the rule changes haven't really impressed me.

You're an old school basketball fan, and you know as well as I do that many of the big scoring games over the past decade were subsidized by a heavy amount of FTs.

When's the last time we saw player drop 50 shooting less than 10 FTs?

Ashy Larry
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
You're better than that, Ash.

Not talking out my ass here.

My reasoning:

You're an old school basketball fan, and you know as well as I do that many of the big scoring games over the past decade were subsidized by a heavy amount of FTs.

When's the last time we saw player drop 50 without shooting more than 10 FTs?

I will agree somewhat .... I may even go with Curry's 54 on 7 free throws being better than the 61 Kobe put up with 20 free throws. What Steph was throwing up was crazy. But that 62 in three quarters was apeshit.

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I will agree somewhat .... I may even go with Curry's 54 on 7 free throws being better than the 61 Kobe put up with 20 free throws. What Steph was throwing up was crazy. But that 62 in three quarters was apeshit.

That's the only game comparable, imo.

resistanze
02-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Steph is shooting 46% from downtown this year...ridiculous. His daddy must be proud, or jealous as fuck.

He's in striking distance of the single season 3PT made record by RayRay.

Ashy Larry
02-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Curry's pops could fill it up as well ........ love the reaction of the Knix crowd after every three

resistanze
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, his pull-up three in transition reminds me of Dell.

ShowtimeFan
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM

When's the last time we saw player drop 50 shooting less than 10 FTs?

So give Steph a cookie for being a streaky jump shooter. FTs are not a bad thing as even the simplest of basketball fans should know. Nice troll job though, obviously worked on me!

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
So give Steph a cookie for being a streaky jump shooter. FTs are not a bad thing as even the simplest of basketball fans should know. Nice troll job though, obviously worked on me!

one things for dam sure...Kool won't be going out to buy no Steph Curry's :lol...not in this life-time :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
That's the only game comparable, imo.

:lol mid with the ass gaping trolling bads.....^no it's not...if you gonna compare Curry's game to Kobe's 62 in 3 you might as well compare it to the 81 pt game which is equivalent to scoring 100 in today's game....

62 in 3 is basically another 81 point game possibly 90...Steph just had a decent night...Steph's game will soon be forgotten...He gets no long term or standing props...when he goes to Rucker and plays street ball like Kobe did..then maybe..just maybe them niggas will acknowledge him...

Kobe @ Rucker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNsQ7Bfwf4

lebomb
02-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Not when 40% of those points come from the FT line.

Thank you..........Kobe is so fuckin overrated. You let half the NBA players get the green light to chuck 25-30 shots a game and see what they average, and what they can score. Im not impressed when a player scores 50, yet 22 of the points came from the freethrow line.

Killakobe81
02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
If Mid said it was the most impressive shooting display I would be apt to agree.

Kobe's was impressive (MSG, DAL, TOR) but Im sure Paul and especially Lebron have games that should be considered when when you factor in assists, which is also a part of offense, as well as offensive rebounds.

I get Mid was trolling, but by trolling Kobe fanbois he is ignoring great performances by LBJ, McGrady, Duncan, Paul Nash etc.

I was impressed by Steph (love that guy if he stays healthy) bit the knee jerk reaction to big games lately is pretty ridiculous ...

gaKNOW!blee
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
:lol mid with the ass gaping trolling bads.....^no it's not...if you gonna compare Curry's game to Kobe's 62 in 3 you might as well compare it to the 81 pt game which is equivalent to scoring 100 in today's game....

62 in 3 is basically another 81 point game possibly 90...Steph just had a decent night...Steph's game will soon be forgotten...He gets no long term or standing props...when he goes to Rucker and plays street ball like Kobe did..then maybe..just maybe them niggas will acknowledge him...

Kobe @ Rucker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNsQ7Bfwf4

:lol only scoring 15

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 03:15 PM
:lol only scoring 15

15 in a Rucker street ball game is like scoring 45.....furthermore...Manu would get his ass ripped to shredded cheese on a Rucker scene....

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Thank you..........Kobe is so fuckin overrated. You let half the NBA players get the green light to chuck 25-30 shots a game and see what they average, and what they can score. Im not impressed when a player scores 50, yet 22 of the points came from the freethrow line.

When half the players can do this...then come holla at a nigga...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i023gz7n3QY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM

^ Kobe clowning Lebron 1 on 1 per the usual

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 03:28 PM
ohh my bad forgot the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osGwRoSbjrQ

gaKNOW!blee
02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
15 in a Rucker street ball game is like scoring 45.....furthermore...Manu would get his ass ripped to shredded cheese on a Rucker scene....

acne put up 66 there...can't be too hard to score.

:lol maybe they stopped passing to Kobe when they realized he can only shoot 45%

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM

And on second thought, on this Knick squad, who besides Daddy Tyson defends? Felt:loln? Mel:lol? JR Smith? :lol. These guys are not even 4th team all NBA defense caliber. So before you go there, I'm not really hating on Steph because I like him. But don't act like he did something truly special in that game. As a Laker Fan, I've been seeing shit like that for 17 years straight.

And :lmao at your Kobe being gifted 9 FTAs considering how many LBJ gets on a nightly basis. Yet you guys slob all over him like there is no tomorrow. :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
And :lmao at your Kobe being gifted 9 FTAs considering how many LBJ gets on a nightly basis. Yet you guys slob all over him like there is no tomorrow. :rolleyes
LeBron shoots less free throws than Kirby does on a nightly basis, B....

Do you have any non-shitty takes? :lol

JamStone
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
LeBron shoots less free throws than Kirby does on a nightly basis, B....

Do you have any non-shitty takes? :lol

They both get plenty of calls, and the difference in FTA is 0.5 per game. Also, it's also the first time in 5 seasons that Kobe has averaged more FTA than LeBron.

It's not like either one of them is hurting for whistles.

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 06:26 PM
They both get plenty of calls, and the difference in FTA is 0.5 per game. Also, it's also the first time in 5 seasons that Kobe has averaged more FTA than LeBron.

It's not like either one of them is hurting for whistles.
The pure, uncut, undisputed goods. Props. :toast

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
And on second thought, on this Knick squad, who besides Daddy Tyson defends? Felt:loln? Mel:lol? JR Smith? :lol. These guys are not even 4th team all NBA defense caliber. So before you go there, I'm not really hating on Steph because I like him. But don't act like he did something truly special in that game. As a Laker Fan, I've been seeing shit like that for 17 years straight.

The 2012-13 Knicks rank 17th in defensive rating, and maybe more importantly, as far as scoring goes, rank 24th in pace and allow 96 points per game.

The 2008-09 Knicks ranked 23rd in defensive rating, 2nd in pace, and allowed 107 points a game.

I suggest you morons quit referencing the 61 at MSG. I remember that game like it was yesterday, and it was pretty much a joke, the equivalent to David Robinson's 71 (sorry fellow Spurs fans). The Lakers were the best team in the league facing an awful Knicks team in front an MSG crowd that wanted to see a 60 point game once it became apparent the Knicks weren't going to win. I remember the crowd cheering every time Kirby touched the ball and the Lakers' players making a concerted effort to ensure he got every possession down the stretch.

Case in point:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/20z5jsw.jpg
http://oi48.tinypic.com/eu0sgg.jpg

:lmao at Odom and Ariza committing 3 TOs in a minute because they were trying to force the ball to Kobe.

As for comparing Lebron/Kobe FT attempts. Are you kidding me?

Old jump-shooting Kobe (coined by Harlem) averages half a FT more than Lebron.

And Steph did do something truly special. Show me the last time a player scored 50+ shooting less than 10 FTs? And 11-13 from 3 isn't special?

Reason his game will be quickly forgotten is because it came in a loss. I admit I was trolling somewhat with the thread title because I knew it would hook all you Kirby fanboys, but you're fuckin' kidding yourself if you don't think his performance was one of the top 5 (scoring wise) of the past decade. Off the top of my head, only Kobe's 62 vs. the Mavs and 65 vs. Portland in an OT win that saw Kobe shoot 8-12 from 3 with only 12 FTA are better (sorry, I think 81 is massively overrated).

FWIW, Steph also had 7 assists and 6 rebounds and 3 steals.

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
The 2012-13 Knicks rank 17th in defensive rating, and maybe more importantly, as far as scoring goes, rank 24th in pace and allow 96 points per game.

The 2008-09 Knicks ranked 23rd in defensive rating, 2nd in pace, and allowed 107 points a game.

I suggest you morons quit referencing the 61 at MSG. I remember that game like it was yesterday, and it was pretty much a joke, the equivalent to David Robinson's 71 (sorry fellow Spurs fans). The Lakers were the best team in the league facing an awful Knicks team in front an MSG crowd that wanted to see a 60 point game once it became apparent the Knicks weren't going to win. I remember the crowd cheering every time Kirby touched the ball and the Lakers' players making a concerted effort to ensure he got every possession down the stretch.

Case in point:

:lmao at Odom and Ariza committing 3 TOs in a minute because they were trying to force the ball to Kobe.

And Steph did do something truly special. Show me the last time a player scored 50+ shooting less than 10 FTs? And 11-13 from 3 isn't special?

Reason his game will be quickly forgotten is because it came in a loss. I admit I was trolling somewhat with the thread title because I knew it would hook all you Kirby fanboys, but you're fuckin' kidding yourself if you don't think his performance was one of the top 5 (scoring wise) of the past decade. Off the top of my head, only Kobe's 62 vs. the Mavs and 65 vs. Portland in an OT win that saw Kobe shoot 8-12 from 3 with only 12 FTA are better (sorry, I think 81 is massively overrated).

I'm kind of used to seeing crazy scoring outbursts from a SG, so forgive me if I'm not all that impressed. He was on fire - props to him. FWIW, the night Kobe set the NBA record for 3s in a single game, he made 9 consecutive - another record IIRC. But you won't hear me say much about it because that's what he does: score.

I don't buy your 81 is overrated schtick because even players like Wade said they stopped what they were doing to watch it as it was happening. He even went on to call Kobe the greatest player of their generation (LBJ included).

I also don't buy your FTA theory (especially) making note of him only shooting 7. Case in point, none of you classholes were saying this shit in '06 when Wade shot more FTAs in a 6-game Finals in NBA history. Not even the immortal MJ did that shit. So when I talk about FTAs that turned Wade into a "superstar" and you guys try to :downspin: it, I'll reference this thread.

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Case in point:

Dude had a special night...it happens every now and then....he probably won't sniff 50 again his entire career...and that's the difference between him and the Kobester

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
The pure, uncut, undisputed goods. Props. :toast

It might but make no mistakes about Jammie is a little boitch

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 06:53 PM
acne put up 66 there...can't be too hard to score.

:lol maybe they stopped passing to Kobe when they realized he can only shoot 45%

it's not the same....playing at Rucker in 2002 vs today...totally different...and Durant was likely just shooting...show me game tape where he was playing street AND 1 style like Kobe was....and taking it to the hole and dunking on niggas on the play ground...that shit don't happen no more....and Lebron can't play AND 1 style he don't have the moves to pull it off...all he can do pretty much is dunk it real hard for the applause...and Timmy he dare not ever show his fucking face at Rucker...not with no gotdam tongue ring and tramp stamp - lol

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm kind of used to seeing crazy scoring outbursts from a SG, so forgive me if I'm not all that impressed. He was on fire - props to him. FWIW, the night Kobe set the NBA record for 3s in a single game, he made 9 consecutive - another record IIRC. But you won't hear me say much about it because that's what he does: score.

I don't buy your 81 is overrated schtick because even players like Wade said they stopped what they were doing to watch it as it was happening. He even went on to call Kobe the greatest player of their generation (LBJ included).

I also don't buy your FTA theory (especially) making note of him only shooting 7. Case in point, none of you classholes were saying this shit in '06 when Wade shot more FTAs in a 6-game Finals in NBA history. Not even the immortal MJ did that shit. So when I talk about FTAs that turned Wade into a "superstar" and you guys try to :downspin: it, I'll reference this thread.

I'm sure players stopped what they were doing to watch David Robinson score 71. No matter the context, people will always be impressed impressed by historic scoring performances, even if they are against the shitty Raptors and Clippers. Kobe's 81 was great, as was David's 71, but those performances lose luster because they were against terrible teams and featured both players padding in garbage time. I maintain Kobe's 65 vs. Portland is his greatest individual performance, since it was a close game in which the Lakers needed each and every one of his points to win (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/200703160LAL.html Kobe hit three straight 3s to send the game into OT). That 81 point game felt like an exhibition after the Lakers went up 15 with 4:00 min left. Scoring points is a lot easier to do when you're up big.

And :lol no one criticizes Wade for all the FTs he shot. People call out that series for being rigged all the time on here. And because of all the FTs Wade shot, most coming as a result of ticky tack bullshit, his "All time greatest Finals performance" does indeed lose a lot of shine.

But it was still better than any of Kobe's Finals performances :downspin:

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
it's not the same....playing at Rucker in 2002 vs today...totally different...and Durant was likely just shooting...show me game tape where he was playing street AND 1 style like Kobe was....and taking it to the hole and dunking on niggas on the play ground...that shit don't happen no more....and Lebron can't play AND 1 style he don't have the moves to pull it off...all he can do pretty much is dunk it real hard for the applause...and Timmy he dare not ever show his fucking face at Rucker...not with no gotdam tongue ring and tramp stamp - lol

:lol Rucker Park games. Right now, Darius Morris could take a flight to Harlem, pound whiskey the whole way there, smash a finger on his shooting hand as he closes the door on the taxi that dropped him off at the court, and still drop 30 on those streetballing chimps.

spurraider21
02-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Steph Curry reminds me of the Dallas Mavericks version of Steve Nash, but better.

LkrFan
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm sure players stopped what they were doing to watch David Robinson score 71. No matter the context, people will always be impressed impressed by historic scoring performances, even if they are against the shitty Raptors and Clippers. Kobe's 81 was great, as was David's 71, but those performances lose luster because they were against terrible teams and featured both players padding in garbage time. I maintain Kobe's 65 vs. Portland is his greatest individual performance, since it was a close game in which the Lakers needed each and every one of his points to win (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/200703160LAL.html Kobe hit three straight 3s to send the game into OT). That 81 point game felt like an exhibition after the Lakers went up 15 with 4:00 min left. Scoring points is a lot easier to do when you're up big.

And :lol no one criticizes Wade for all the FTs he shot. People call out that series for being rigged all the time on here. And because of all the FTs Wade shot, most coming as a result of ticky tack bullshit, his "All time greatest Finals performance" does indeed lose a lot of shine.

But it was still better than any of Kobe's Finals performances :downspin:
:lol

Calispursfan11
02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Midnight, not to offend, but who is that guy on your avatar tbh...?

midnightpulp
02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Midnight, not to offend, but who is that guy on your avatar tbh...?

Search "butthurt dweller" on google.

Calispursfan11
03-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Search "butthurt dweller" on google.

Ok, phewww. Thought that was you for a sec. Btw, you are one post away from 10k.

Latarian Milton
03-01-2013, 01:15 AM
my nigga Irving wouldve done just as good had he got such decent supports curry has in golden state tbh

Thebesteva
03-01-2013, 05:09 AM
:lol @ everything being a backhand slap at Kobe
:lol Ignoring the 62 and 81 game performance
:lol Butt hurt spurs fans
:lol Clipper Nation is a fag

spurraider21
03-01-2013, 12:12 PM
midnightpulp logic:
Kobe has big scoring game in losing effort: they lost, chucker :lol
Curry has big scoring game in losing effort: most impressive reg season offensive performance of the past decade

Killakobe81
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
midnightpulp logic:
Curry has big scoring game in losing effort: most impressive reg season offensive performance of the past decade

Yep, pretty much ...

JamStone
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Tbh the NBA should get rid of free throws on shot attempts altogether. They should only shoot free throws on non shooting fouls when the defense is in the penalty and on technical fouls. When a player gets fouled on a shot attempt, they should allow the player fouled to shoot the same exact shot with no defense on him. If it's a dunk or a lay-up, they get a dunk or a lay-up attempt. If it's a long jumper, then they get one chance to take and make that same exact long jumper, no defense. If it goes in, it counts the same as if the player wasn't fouled. If they miss, it's a miss and it still counts as a FGA.

That way whining ass fans will stop bitching about players who shoot too many free throws.

Koolaid_Man
03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Tbh the NBA should get rid of free throws on shot attempts altogether. They should only shoot free throws on non shooting fouls when the defense is in the penalty and on technical fouls. When a player gets fouled on a shot attempt, they should allow the player fouled to shoot the same exact shot with no defense on him. If it's a dunk or a lay-up, they get a dunk or a lay-up attempt. If it's a long jumper, then they get one chance to take and make that same exact long jumper, no defense. If it goes in, it counts the same as if the player wasn't fouled. If they miss, it's a miss and it still counts as a FGA.

That way whining ass fans will stop bitching about players who shoot too many free throws.

:lol dam yall up in mid's ass in this thread....

but your theory is not plausible either...see some players get off when another player is front of them...so that same shot with no one in your face is likely not to go down because the competitive juices aren't flowing...same reason why playing in front of crowd gets you crunk...if no one bothered to show up MJ, Bird, Magic, and Kobe would not be the players that we know today...they wouldn't have performed at the same level...

LkrFan
03-01-2013, 05:31 PM
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) logic:
:rollin :lmao :rollin

spursncowboys
03-01-2013, 05:44 PM
:toast

It's good to see a guard shoot and make a three in the last few minutes of a close game, which they are behind still. Full court press the guy? Pick him up at the half court line? Even guard him? Noooooooo. Skip around the court with a moronic smile on your face as if you are playing a kid league where they don't keep score.

The only better part of that was Mark Jackson giving cheerleader style pep talk, rather than any kind of real strategy.

:toast

midnightpulp
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM

You know as well as I do that star perimeter players became near untouchable after the rule changes. I posted a link to the best article ever written about it by one of the more respected sportswriters, an article that featured many luminaries (such as Tex Winter, Rod Thorn, etc) commenting on how the game has changed (As Thorn said, “The good wing players – LeBron, Kobe, Arenas, Wade, Carter – shot a lot of free throws with the way the game is now called”), but yeah, we're just all "whining ass fans," as are Tex Winter and Rod Thorn.

Funny thing is though, I probably wouldn't have been called a "whining ass fan" if this thread didn't take a backhand shot at your beloved Kobe.

midnightpulp
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
midnightpulp logic:

I've never, ever, called Kobe a chucker in that context. It'd be fuckin' retarded to call someone who had an above 50% shooting effort "a chucker."

Now when the Lakers lose and Kirby goes 8 for 27, then calling him a chucker is justified.

Nice try, though. But before you attempt to burn me, you should at least know what you're talking about and be somewhat familiar with my posting style. But I understand you knee-jerked here, because the thread title offended your inner Lakerfan (kiss any ass on LG today?).

spurraider21
03-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I've never, ever, called Kobe a chucker in that context. It'd be fuckin' retarded to call someone who had an above 50% shooting effort "a chucker."

Now when the Lakers lose and Kirby goes 8 for 27, then calling him a chucker is justified.

Nice try, though. But before you attempt to burn me, you should at least know what you're talking about and be somewhat familiar with my posting style. But I understand you knee-jerked here, because the thread title offended your inner Lakerfan (kiss any ass on LG today?).

:lol inner Laker fan... and speaking of knee jerk reactions, check your thread title :lmao

td4mvp2k
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
I went to go check the box score when I saw this thread. His team lost, so idk how it could be that good of a performance.

Curry 42 mins 6-22 FGs and 4 TOs in a loss vs the Cs :lol

AlexJones
06-06-2015, 03:56 AM
like he just won Finals MVP)

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/whoa.gif