PDA

View Full Version : CoM vs CoP

Venti Quattro
02-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Which of the two has a bigger and better following?

DPG21920
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
CoM also known as CoMPC easily.

ElNono
02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
On this day and age, COP wins by a mile, IMO.

KenziE
02-28-2013, 12:42 AM
i have to ask what does Cop and Com mean ? sorry for asking

HI-FI
02-28-2013, 12:45 AM
i have to ask what does Cop and Com mean ? sorry for asking

Church of Parker and Church of Manu.

some of are us members of the new denomination Church of Kawhi, but CoK doesn't sound as good as the others.

Kool Bob Love
02-28-2013, 12:58 AM
CoSpurs tbh.

KaiRMD1
02-28-2013, 01:03 AM
CoSpurs tbh.

spurraider21
02-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Church of Brace >

Splits
02-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Manu costs us games by missing freebies. CoM is limited to EN and whatever GNSF stragglers believe in his schtick.

Spur|n|Austin
02-28-2013, 01:48 AM
CoSpurs tbh.

yep

ElNono
02-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Manu costs us games by missing freebies. CoM is limited to EN and whatever GNSF stragglers believe in his schtick.

Some other's player disappearing act costs us the game too... after all, it isn't Manu who's allegedly in the 'MVP conversation' or in the prime of his career. It's easy to pin the whole game on one freebie, but when a team like the Suns is within 3 points at your place, you just haven't had a good night, period.

lefty
02-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Corn on the COB

TBH

Splits
02-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Some other's player disappearing act costs us the game too... after all, it isn't Manu who's allegedly in the 'MVP conversation' or in the prime of his career. It's easy to pin the whole game on one freebie, but when a team like the Suns is within 3 points at your place, you just haven't had a good night, period.

Yeah, career lows in scoring and career highs in turnovers when not being plagued by some obscure injury is really helping the drive for 5.

ElNono
02-28-2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah, career lows in scoring and career highs in turnovers when not being plagued by some obscure injury is really helping the drive for 5.

What drive for 5? What does Manu has to do with that? He's a role player now, he's not going to lead you to a championship. The 'team lead' is a player that posted this in OT:

What was Parker's PER in OT tonight?

0-3 Fgs. 1-2 fts. Zero rebounds. Zero assists. Zero steals.

And vanished in the 4th after they put a bigger defender on him. If you're looking at why we lost, it's right there.

Splits
02-28-2013, 02:43 AM
What drive for 5? What does Manu has to do with that? He's a role player now, he's not going to lead you to a championship. The 'team lead' is a player that posted this in OT:

And vanished in the 4th after they put a bigger defender on him. If you're looking at why we lost, it's right there.

I see. So Manu is a role player and has no culpability for missing the game winning FREE throw. All he has to do is knock it down and the game is over. The entire gameplan is based on this situation. And he fails to make an uncontested shot to win the game. Manu shouldn't even be on the floor until he is right, and he is not right.

ElNono
02-28-2013, 02:48 AM
I see. So Manu is a role player and has no culpability for missing the game winning FREE throw. All he has to do is knock it down and the game is over. The entire gameplan is based on this situation. And he fails to make an uncontested shot to win the game. Manu shouldn't even be on the floor until he is right, and he is not right.

He's got no more culpability than the other 9 freebies we missed, or the fact we had a terrible offense since Tony was shut down. What gameplan are you talking about? Do you think Pop planned on Tony disappearing, choking down the offense and giving up a double digit lead? What was the gameplan in OT? Miss every shot?

Missed freebies happen. Does Tony needs to sit out too because he missed freebies also? Who gets to play then? De Colo? :lol

ElNono
02-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Manu and Tony both 4-6 from the freebie line... Sit them!

Splits
02-28-2013, 02:53 AM
He's got no more culpability than the other 9 freebies we missed, or the fact we had a terrible offense since Tony was shut down. What gameplan are you talking about? Do you think Pop planned on Tony disappearing, choking down the offense and giving up a double digit lead? What was the gameplan in OT? Miss every shot?

Missed freebies happen. Does Tony needs to sit out too because he missed freebies also? Who gets to play then? De Colo? :lol

I cannot believe you are defending a 30 minute performance where he posted a team-low +/- and shot 25% from the field and missed the shot to win the game which was undefended. It is striking the depths of depravity you go to in order to defend a now-scrub. Gino has dominated and won many accolades, he's a HOF for his international work alone, but he is not an integral part of this Spurs team and shouldn't see the floor until he rights himself.

ElNono
02-28-2013, 03:00 AM
I cannot believe you are defending a 30 minute performance where he posted a team-low +/- and shot 25% from the field and missed the shot to win the game which was undefended. It is striking the depths of depravity you go to in order to defend a now-scrub. Gino has dominated and won many accolades, he's a HOF for his international work alone, but he is not an integral part of this Spurs team and shouldn't see the floor until he rights himself.

Manu was 2-4 all the way to the end of the 4th quarter, when he attempted to bail out Tony after he kept repeatedly trying to penetrate and failing, giving up the ball with the clock wound down...

For all the 'Manu isn't right', he lead the team in scoring (6pts) in that 4th quarter, and that's with missed freebie and all... So if he's so bad and still scores the most of everyone out there, what does that make the rest??? lol

Splits
02-28-2013, 03:05 AM
Manu was 2-4 all the way to the end of the 4th quarter, when he attempted to bail out Tony after he kept repeatedly trying to penetrate and failing, giving up the ball with the clock wound down...

For all the 'Manu isn't right', he lead the team in scoring (6pts) in that 4th quarter, and that's with missed freebie and all... So if he's so bad and still scores the most of everyone out there, what does that make the rest??? lol

So you are defending a team-low +/- and 25% shooting and missing the only shot which could have won the game and trying to find outs to blame the loss on? Got it. Manu was great and if it weren't for that damn TP or TD we would have won (even though Manu missed a free throw to seal the game). Got it.

FkLA
02-28-2013, 03:42 AM
:lol crying about a regular season loss

Get back to me when a healthy Manu completely disappears and is easily neutralized in the postseason.

Brazil
02-28-2013, 05:21 AM
Com by two miles tbh

KenziE
02-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Church of Parker and Church of Manu.

some of are us members of the new denomination Church of Kawhi, but CoK doesn't sound as good as the others.

Thanks for the reply now i know :)

Boomersgold
02-28-2013, 06:45 AM
We could combine the CoP and CoM to get a whole new church: "CoPM" or the "Church of Patty Mills".

Best of both worlds, tbh. :toast

will_spurs
02-28-2013, 07:05 AM
CoM is definitely leading at least 3 to 1, although it's been less vocal recently as many posters try an unlikely, insincere shift to the CoP.

Right now ElNono is a bit butthurt though and resorting to another one of this schticks: the Spurs win because of Manu; but if they lose place the blame on someone else. I almost suspect ElNono is also the Pope of the CoK for the Lakers, with all that whining and blame-shifting!

ElNono
02-28-2013, 08:48 AM
CoM is definitely leading at least 3 to 1, although it's been less vocal recently as many posters try an unlikely, insincere shift to the CoP.

Right now ElNono is a bit butthurt though and resorting to another one of this schticks: the Spurs win because of Manu; but if they lose place the blame on someone else. I almost suspect ElNono is also the Pope of the CoK for the Lakers, with all that whining and blame-shifting!

Co-Pope of the CoT

:rolleyes

ElNono
02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
So you are defending a team-low +/- and 25% shooting and missing the only shot which could have won the game and trying to find outs to blame the loss on? Got it. Manu was great and if it weren't for that damn TP or TD we would have won (even though Manu missed a free throw to seal the game). Got it.

I'm not 'defending' anything :lol

I'm shutting down the theory this game was only winnable if Manu makes a freebie. Manu was actually instrumental in *keeping the Spurs in this game* with his 4th quarter scoring when nobody else was showing up...

This is an indisputable fact you can't dodge, tbh

ElNono
02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
:lol crying about a regular season loss

Get back to me when a healthy Manu completely disappears and is easily neutralized in the postseason.

And this is exactly what it boils down to... when Tony toys with CP3 it's "OMG, thank you based Tony"... when he disappears at home against a very modest Suns team... "F Manu!"... :lol

Seventyniner
02-28-2013, 09:34 AM
CoP with a big lead due to Parker's MVP candidacy.

But they're not mutually exclusive. It's pretty funny to see people who feel the need to praise one of Manu and Tony while trashing the other.

will_spurs
02-28-2013, 12:00 PM
:rolleyes

From one Pope to the other :)