PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Take your hand off the panic button spurfan

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2013, 01:55 AM
You're allowed regular season losses to scrub teams, look at all them Ws the wiz have over good teams.

hell, we even lost to the lakers once this year.

:lol lakers

KaiRMD1
02-28-2013, 04:27 AM
Valid point, I haven't pressed the panic button though, just hoping for pop to be ready with the goods when it matters. Same with Manu and company

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2013, 04:30 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21781340/nightly-grades-22713-stephs-big-night

It's hard to punish the Spurs for a regular-season loss, because they just don't care, but flopping to an OT loss vs. Phoenix when they're still battling with OKC for homecourt advantage is poor. They let Jermaine O'Neal get loose, yet another indication that this whole "Tiago Splitter, defensive stalwart" thing could have disastrous consequences in the playoffs.

granted, matt moore hates everything, but how does spurfan feel about this statement?

Texas_Ranger
02-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Duncan guarded O'Neal and not Tiago...and thats pathetic.

spurraider21
02-28-2013, 06:42 AM
OKC lost to Wizards, Cavs... nothing to see here.

Captivus
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
My problem with this is that we need to have the #1 seed locked ASAP, so that the benchplayers get a few complete games before the POs.
I want NDC, Baynes, Mills, Bonner.... to play 35+ minutes in as many games as possible.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM

DMC
02-28-2013, 06:53 PM

Duncan and Tiago play on the same team and should not guard one another. If they did it would cause huge problems on the offense.

Regardless, there's no reason for a panic button. How about a reality button? One that will instantly remove the queso colored glasses from Spurfan to see that the team is built for regular season wins and will not be able to beat a decent playoff team who can make adjustments between games. Tony will be guarded by someone other than a mediocre PG and he will be stymied. Tim will line drive his shots and miss every other FT. Manu will get hurt going around a screen or maybe a light will fall on him, and if he isn't hurt, he will go into turnover mode Asian level. The role players will recede into the stank of the bench and the Spurs overachieved again.

Yay. Panic button indeed.

in2deep
02-28-2013, 07:10 PM
TP is built for regular season. It's obvious sticking a skillfull defensive long player on him is his kryptonite.

Everyone has known this for over half a decade. Nothing new. And really. there's nothing Pop or the Spurs can do about it.

Latarian Milton
03-01-2013, 12:52 AM
non issue, spurs are just losing some games on intention it seems to me. they don't wanna leave OKC too far behind becaues if the lakers manage to scrawl up and clinch the #8, they can make a selection between the #7 and #8 seed and avoid the lakers in the first round imho