PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Prospect: Archie Goodwin

Bruno
02-28-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Archie+Goodwin+Transylvania+v+Kentucky+vVVLVqJbswk l.jpg
Height: 6-5
Weight: 198 lbs
Birthday: 08/17/1994
College: Kentucky

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Archie-Goodwin-6432/)
NBADraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/archie-goodwin)

Bruno
05-19-2013, 05:30 PM
It looks like he is slipping and could be available for Spurs pick. I'm really intrigued by his profile.

In a way, it would be a lot like the Joseph pick. He is a very young player that has some obvious flaws but also a high upside. Spurs could take their time with him and use the Toros and Chip's teaching to fix him. He might turn into a bust but he might turn into something special when Manu will retire in a couple of seasons.

RodNIc91
05-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Bruno, are you comparing him to manu?? What are these traids you say that intrigue you??

Bruno
05-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Bruno, are you comparing him to manu?? What are these traids you say that intrigue you??

I'm not comparing him with Manu. I was just saying that it would take time for him to develop which isn't a that big deal because Spurs will still have Ginobili for a couple of season.

What intrigues me isn't hard to see: this guy is just 18 years old and has a great combination of slashing skills and athleticism. If Spurs draft a wing, I would way rather go with a high risk high reward player like Goodwin than with a player like Glen Rice, Allen Crabbe, Reggie Bullock or Tim Hardaway Jr. . They are less risky picks but their ceilings is to be role players in the Danny Green mold.

yavozerb
05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm not comparing him with Manu. I was just saying that it would take time for him to develop which isn't a that big deal because Spurs will still have Ginobili for a couple of season.

What intrigues me isn't hard to see: this guy is just 18 years old and has a great combination of slashing skills and athleticism. If Spurs draft a wing, I would way rather go with a high risk high reward player like Goodwin than with a player like Glen Rice, Allen Crabbe, Reggie Bullock or Tim Hardaway Jr. . They are less risky picks but their ceilings is to be role players in the Danny Green mold.

I agree with the intrigue about Goodwin but I just cannot see the spurs taking a risk on a kid at that position who cannot shoot or play defense. The fact that TP is going to be around for a quite sometime means your SG better be able to stroke the 3. Crabbe can be instant rotation player in my opinion for this reason and also is know to play pretty good defense. I also believe the spurs would prefer a player at that postion who could also play the 3 if needed which crabbe could do with his size.

TheCerebral1
05-20-2013, 10:20 AM
It looks like he is slipping and could be available for Spurs pick. I'm really intrigued by his profile.

In a way, it would be a lot like the Joseph pick. He is a very young player that has some obvious flaws but also a high upside. Spurs could take their time with him and use the Toros and Chip's teaching to fix him. He might turn into a bust but he might turn into something special when Manu will retire in a couple of seasons.

Really how I look at him. Some have questioned his makeup, but the talent is all there. Adding someone with that stat package can be benefitial. I was originally not a fan of the Joseph pick, but that worked out just fine if not better than I could have dreamed.

MR-Clutch
05-21-2013, 02:50 PM
I agree with the intrigue about Goodwin but I just cannot see the spurs taking a risk on a kid at that position who cannot shoot or play defense. The fact that TP is going to be around for a quite sometime means your SG better be able to stroke the 3. Crabbe can be instant rotation player in my opinion for this reason and also is know to play pretty good defense. I also believe the spurs would prefer a player at that postion who could also play the 3 if needed which crabbe could do with his size.

I thought draft express said be was the best perimeter defender on his team?

I like the look of this kid. Young, athletic, long, quick laterally, good operator in the pick n roll and a slasher. I guess it come down to what the spurs think of his basketball iq, and their ability to fix his jumpshot.

yavozerb
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM
I thought draft express said be was the best perimeter defender on his team?

I like the look of this kid. Young, athletic, long, quick laterally, good operator in the pick n roll and a slasher. I guess it come down to what the spurs think of his basketball iq, and their ability to fix his jumpshot.

Draft express also said his good defense was due to his good length and lateral quikness. Well according to the measurements Crabbe has more length than Goodwin (crabbe 6'11 wingspan vs 6'9 for Goodwin) and better lateral quickness (crabbe 10.67 agility vs 10.75 for Goodwin). Honestly, the only thing Goodwin has going for is his age. I dont dislike Goodwin, I just simply think there well better current players at #28 and I could also see other teams taking a risk on goodwin before he even reaches #28.

Ditty
05-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Top ten potential and could be the steal of the draft, if he gets it together and lives up to his hype.

Like Bruno mentioned I think we need to start looking for more upside, play makers and scorers for the future.

Goodwin and Leonard future at the 2 & 3 :downspin:

exstatic
05-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Draft express also said his good defense was due to his good length and lateral quikness. Well according to the measurements Crabbe has more length than Goodwin (crabbe 6'11 wingspan vs 6'9 for Goodwin) and better lateral quickness (crabbe 10.67 agility vs 10.75 for Goodwin). Honestly, the only thing Goodwin has going for is his age. I dont dislike Goodwin, I just simply think there well better current players at #28 and I could also see other teams taking a risk on goodwin before he even reaches #28.

Defense isn't about wingspan or agility. Those are just tools that can help you. Defense is about desire and effort.

yavozerb
05-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Defense isn't about wingspan or agility. Those are just tools that can help you. Defense is about desire and effort.

:lol, Bonner plays with desire and effort but just does not have the skills to keep up. So I must disagree with you and say it is a package deal to become an elite defender in the NBA.

td4mvp2k
06-18-2013, 03:25 AM
great pick @28 4 spurs if not pickd

elemento
06-18-2013, 11:55 AM
I feel for him because he got caught in a very bad situation in UK. UK got the Harrison twins + James Young, which forced him stay in this year's draft. He wouldn't get much PT next season and his stock would fall even more.

He should have stayed in college at least 2 more years.

He is still a few years away to contribute but the potential is there, no doubt about it. If SA believes in his potential, I wouldn't mind him at all. He needs to improve his shot selection badly and Chip has some work to do with his mechanics, but I like him as a high-reward prospect.

Baam
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
His jumpshot look so broken he looks like Dwight when he's shooting tbh, Rice Jr or Ledo seem like better bets.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:21 PM
I feel for him because he got caught in a very bad situation in UK. UK got the Harrison twins + James Young, which forced him stay in this year's draft. He wouldn't get much PT next season and his stock would fall even more.

He should have stayed in college at least 2 more years.

He is still a few years away to contribute but the potential is there, no doubt about it. If SA believes in his potential, I wouldn't mind him at all. He needs to improve his shot selection badly and Chip has some work to do with his mechanics, but I like him as a high-reward prospect.

The downside of going to a one and done mill like UK.

DesignatedT
06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Meanwhile, Kentucky shooting guard Archie Goodwin appears to be dropping. There was a time when scouts considered him a top-30 prospect. There’s now a chance, albeit slight, he may not even get drafted.