PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Prospect: Lucas Nogueira

Bruno
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
http://latvia2011.fiba.com/images/web/Events/11/FU19M/photo/daybyday/0701/bra-pol/bra/_483x332/Small_bra_pol_20110701_21.jpg
Height: 6-11
Weight: 220 lbs
Birthday: 07/26/1992
Team: Estudiantes (Spain)

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lucas-Nogueira-5957/)
NBADraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira)

td4mvp2k
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Javale Mcgee any1?

BackHome
03-07-2013, 08:06 PM
He may be athletic but I don't think he comes close to have Ibaka maturity, desire, and work ethic. The spin on him is that he is lazy and I don't like drafting those type of players.

stnick2261
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
tons of potential... but his nickname is "Baby", and he acts like one

Darkwaters
03-08-2013, 02:32 AM
I agree with the previous two posts. I've heard multiple reports of this guy being a total child and completely lacking in work ethic.

The NBA is littered with players with potential that didn't have the work ethic and drive to fulfill it. This guy may grow up one day, or he may not. But I'd rather gamble elsewhere.

exstatic
03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
I've heard the same things. I'm sure they'll talk to Tiago about his countryman. He was more highly rated in the past, but for those very same immaturity reasons, his stock has dropped, which could be good for us. He would probably be available even at the end of the first round or early second. He's got the talent to be picked higher, so you grab him if he's there, and you give him a chance, but cut him loose if he doesn't develop by declining his year 3 option right before year 2. It might cost you $2M for two seasons if he's a bust. That's not very much to risk on a long athletic freak.

Darkwaters
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I've heard the same things. I'm sure they'll talk to Tiago about his countryman. He was more highly rated in the past, but for those very same immaturity reasons, his stock has dropped, which could be good for us. He would probably be available even at the end of the first round or early second. He's got the talent to be picked higher, so you grab him if he's there, and you give him a chance, but cut him loose if he doesn't develop by declining his year 3 option right before year 2. It might cost you $2M for two seasons if he's a bust. That's not very much to risk on a long athletic freak.

Reminds me of Hassan Whiteside. Big, athletic freak post player with serious maturity issues. Slips in the draft despite being 7'0 and a monster on defense as a freshman. Plays for a couple of seasons and gets cut. Floats around the D-League for a while and is a current stand-out in Rio Grande Valley.

I can understand the appeal of gambling on a player like this, but thats not really our modus operandi, nor am I personally a fan of that gamble.

BackHome
03-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Hassan Whieside/ Cousins - lazy big headed babies who want everything their way. I will pass on these players no matter how much potential they have.

SenorSpur
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
No offensive game to speak of. A long-shot project.

exstatic
03-12-2013, 10:31 PM
No offensive game to speak of. A long-shot project.

Pretty much what you get at #30. Hell, nowadays, it's pretty much what you get outside of the top 5-10 picks.

CGD
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Hmm, I thought this guy put his name in the draft last year... Must be confused with someone else

exstatic
03-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Hmm, I thought this guy put his name in the draft last year... Must be confused with someone else

He pulled out. His stock was dropping. Internationals have a longer window than NCAA players (by NCAA rule) to "test the waters".

CGD
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Dx has spurs taking him in the first: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/
Looks like he's been rising in the draft boards. Dude was a middle of the pack second rounder about 2 weeks ago.

exstatic
04-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Bigs are always over drafted and overpaid. He's really a second round talent who needs a lot of development.

stnick2261
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Bigs are always over drafted and overpaid. He's really a second round talent who needs a lot of development.

I don't want him, but he's not a second round talent... he's a lottery talent who will never reach his ceiling. His potential is really high (athletic 7' with 7'5" wingspan), but his attitude and poor work ethic will keep him from becoming anything great.

elemento
04-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Honestly, dude has poor work ethic and is pretty delusional about himself. He believes he is way better than he actually is.

He is the Hassan Whiteside of this draft. Do not want and I say it as a Brazilian.

exstatic
04-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't want him, but he's not a second round talent... he's a lottery talent who will never reach his ceiling. His potential is really high (athletic 7' with 7'5" wingspan), but his attitude and poor work ethic will keep him from becoming anything great.

If those were the criteria for draft position, DeMarcus Cousins would have fallen into the second round.

You can be a complete clown and still be drafted high. Nogueira is a late first, early second talent. That's why mocks have him slotted accordingly. Don't confuse physical attributes with talent. He isn't very good and not much of a basketball player, in spite of his height and wingspan.

exstatic
04-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Javale Mcgee any1?

Nogueira's no step vert is 17.6. McGee's is 27. End of discussion.

td4mvp2k
04-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Nogueira's no step vert is 17.6. McGee's is 27. End of discussion.
:lol @ no step vert... End of discussion.

exstatic
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
:lol @ no step vert... End of discussion.

He'll block shots. He's long enough and tall enough. He just won't ever do it above the square on the backboard like McGee does. Sean Elliott scoffs the media for hyping Dwight as the most athletic big in the NBA. Even before Dwight's surgery, McGee was a more freakish athlete.

td4mvp2k
04-14-2013, 07:09 PM
He'll block shots. He's long enough and tall enough. He just won't ever do it above the square on the backboard like McGee does. Sean Elliott scoffs the media for hyping Dwight as the most athletic big in the NBA. Even before Dwight's surgery, McGee was a more freakish athlete.

exstatic
04-14-2013, 08:19 PM
You do understand that he's not in McGee's class as an athlete, right? McGee is a once or twice in a decade NBA big man athlete. Nogueira isn't anywhere near that level of athleticism. Not by an order of magnitude.

td4mvp2k
04-14-2013, 08:57 PM
You do understand that he's not in McGee's class as an athlete, right? McGee is a once or twice in a decade NBA big man athlete. Nogueira isn't anywhere near that level of athleticism. Not by an order of magnitude.

:lol

ace3g
04-17-2013, 06:00 PM
He is entering the draft;

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--brazil-s-lucas-nogueira-declares-for-nba-draft-224835537.html

td4mvp2k
04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
His athleticism has been a striking element of his game

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--brazil-s-lucas-nogueira-declares-for-nba-draft-224835537.html
ace :tu

benefactor
04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Might be ok as a backup plan if Adetokunbo or Jaiteh are already gone. I'm not blown away by him by any means though.

Captivus
04-22-2013, 09:02 PM
He entered the Draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1609995-lucas-nogueiras-length-and-athleticism-make-him-potential-first-round-pick

From the article:
Of course, the first team that instantly pops to mind with any non-American player is the San Antonio Spurs. From Tony Parker to Manu Ginobili to Tiago Splitter and others, San Antonio is a franchise with a robust reputation for plucking Euros and making them stars. With Tim Duncan turning 37 later this month, Nogueira could be the first part of a long-term contingency plan.
Nevertheless, come draft day San Antonio could have some competition for Nogueira—especially among teams with multiple first-round picks. Minnesota, Atlanta, Oklahoma City, Utah and Phoenix all have second draft picks in the latter half of the first round, and each could use a big man to varying degrees.
From a pure fit perspective the most intriguing of those options is Oklahoma City. The Thunder need a long-term replacement for Kendrick Perkins in the middle, and their work developing Serge Ibaka has been fantastic.

biskvito
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
nbadraft.net puts him at 19 to the Cavs

Good rebounding instincts(7.6 wingspan helps), precision on shot blocking(not just swatting the ball away). Feeds on put backs and second chances, which is great for a NBA rookie.

"The NBA is my dream, too. If I have a chance to go to the NBA, I'll be happy but if it doesn't happen, it's okay. I can play in Europe and Brazil. I just love the game."
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/55324/arti.html

recent highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rgbkyFZnY

BackHome
05-04-2013, 03:08 PM
If we sing him we are going to have to tell Baynes to take it easy on him or he might break him..lol

coopdogg3
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Didn't see this - but I must admit I didn't look hard. Anyways, Chad Ford has the Spurs drafting Lucas Noguiera of Brazil.

Pick # 28

Lucas Noguiera

San Antonio Spurs

HT: 6-11

WT: 218

POS: C

Analysis: The Brazilian had a coming-out party a few years ago at the under-18 Americas Tournament, then fell off the map for a few years. Lately, he's putting up solid numbers in Spain and a number of international scouts have him ranked higher than Gobert. He's rail thin, but he has a great motor and can block shots. Assuming the Spurs re-sign fellow Brazilian big man Tiago Splitter, the transition could be pretty smooth.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/id/9299240/2013-nba-draft-chad-ford-mock-draft-30

Positives

•Athletic big man
•Excellent shot-blocker
•Aggressive rebounder
•Good motor

Negatives

•Needs to add strength
•Still raw offensively

May 7 Update: Three years ago, the 7-0 Brazilian with the 7-5 wingspan had a coming-out party at the 2010 Under-18 FIBA Americas Tournament in San Antonio. His 22-point, 14-rebound, 3-block performance against Kyrie Irving and Harrison Barnes pushed Team USA to the brink and had NBA teams salivating.

After two years of development and unfulfilled expectations for Estudiantes, the Spanish ACB League team, Nogueira is starting to blossom this season in the second-best league in the world. If he elects to stay in this draft, with his enormous shot-blocking ability, he could be a great find for an NBA team in the second part of the first round.

What changed for Nogueira?

In talking to people close to Nogueira, his work ethic has changed and he has matured. Estudiantes is a team with an excellent reputation for developing young talent, and "Bebe" (Portuguese for baby) has worked hard to finally prove himself this season. In 14 minutes per game, he is shooting 68 percent from the floor, mostly on rim runs in screen-and-roll plays and off offensive rebounds.

Nogueira has excellent potential as a rim protector at the NBA level, and even if he is stashed for another season or two -- he is under contract with Estudiantes until 2014 -- there are few defenders like him in this draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/player/_/id/19598/lucas-nogueira

stnick2261
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
In talking to people close to Nogueira, his work ethic has changed and he has matured.... there are few defenders like him in this draft.

My biggest fear about him may be gone now

yavozerb
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM

If that is the case the spurs will not have to worry about him at #28 cause he will be already drafted..no big deal really in my opinion

Bruno
05-22-2013, 02:19 PM
To me the key, as for all the prospect bigmen, is his work ethic. He is the kind of player who could turn into a very good NBA player but it will take a lot of work on his game and on his body. Without a good work ethic, he won't be able to reach his upside and will turn into a bust.

Captivus
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
I have a problem with all these "big" guys that are raw offensively...
Is he better than Baynes? If he is not, what the point?
You wont get an all start with this pick.

moisaenz
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
He seems like a good prospect, I have read in some places he is cocky and might be the Brazilian Demarcus Cousins..

bluebellmaniac
05-23-2013, 03:06 PM
This is one of those catch 22 things. The old perspective that he lacked work ethic made him a bad fit for our system, so we didn't want him. Now that word is that he has a good motor, he should be long gone before our pick.

C'est le vie!

DesignatedT
05-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I wonder what type of relationship him and Tiago have, if any.

SenorSpur
05-24-2013, 03:57 AM
What changed for Nogueira?

In talking to people close to Nogueira, his work ethic has changed and he has matured. Estudiantes is a team with an excellent reputation for developing young talent, and "Bebe" (Portuguese for baby) has worked hard to finally prove himself this season. In 14 minutes per game, he is shooting 68 percent from the floor, mostly on rim runs in screen-and-roll plays and off offensive rebounds.

Nogueira has excellent potential as a rim protector at the NBA level, and even if he is stashed for another season or two -- he is under contract with Estudiantes until 2014 -- there are few defenders like him in this draft.

That was my biggest fear about this kid when I started reading up on him and watching clips of him a year ago. After reading this and watching that prolonged clip of him playing in Europe, I've come around on this kid. With his maturity, that means he'll be a sure-fire first-round projection.

While there are better bigs ahead of him and of course teams do tend to reach and overreach for size (especially those teams with 2 first-round picks), there are certainly enough project bigs in this draft that someone will surely fall to the Spurs.

I know it's a long shot, and these are a lot of ifs, but here goes. If Steven Adams, Gourgi Dieng and Rudy Gobert are all pushed into the upper half of the first round, while if bubble bigs like Jeff Whitey, Mason Plumlee and Cody Zeller have all pushed their way into the 2nd half of the draft, which is very possible after decent individual showings in the recent NBA combine, I think the odds of Lucas Nogueira being available to the Spurs would be very favorable.

This kid fits the profile of a typical player the Spurs would bring into their system. With Duncan as a mentor, and with the appropriate development and training regimen (something the Spurs obviously excel in better than other organizations), this kid would blend in perfectly in a year or two. I would love to see him available to the Spurs at pick #28.

If not, the Spurs could certainly turn their attention to Mam Jaiteh, which wouldn't be a bad consolation prize either.

exstatic
05-25-2013, 06:22 AM
I have a problem with all these "big" guys that are raw offensively...
Is he better than Baynes? If he is not, what the point?
An All Star? Perhaps you'd better adjust your expectations. We aren't getting an All Star at pick #28. Those days are gone. There are no more Tony Parkers or Manu Ginobili's waiting for us to pick them. Too many teams now scout Europe, and have seen our success for really good players to fall to us any more.

Captivus
05-25-2013, 08:13 AM

An All Star? Perhaps you'd better adjust your expectations. We aren't getting an All Star at pick #28. Those days are gone. There are no more Tony Parkers or Manu Ginobili's waiting for us to pick them. Too many teams now scout Europe, and have seen our success for really good players to fall to us any more.

Like I said: "You wont get an all start with this pick" .
Even if you could get a TP or MG they are not bigs. That's my point. Getting a good big so late in the draft is almost impossible, how many times has that happen for any team?

exstatic
05-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Like I said: "You wont get an all start with this pick" .
Even if you could get a TP or MG they are not bigs. That's my point. Getting a good big so late in the draft is almost impossible, how many times has that happen for any team?

Almost never. You can get a roster quality big, though, and we'll probably need two, with Blair and Bonner likely rolling off.

bluebellmaniac
05-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Almost never. You can get a roster quality big, though, and we'll probably need two, with Blair and Bonner likely rolling off.
I think we already have Blair's replacement, it's Baynes.

I know Bruno mentioned how much more $ we'd have under the cap if we cut or amnestied Bonner, but I see no sign from Pop that he would do so. Bonner is playing key minutes and doing the best he's played in the playoffs. He's basically doing everything Pop could hope he would do. A stretch 4 who does that for under $4M, I have to think Pop wants to keep him.

bluebellmaniac
05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
That said, we do need another big developing now so that he'd be ready in a year or two. So Lucas, if he is maturing, sounds like a good pick.

exstatic
05-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Tiago could get a ridiculous offer, too.

Captivus
05-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Tiago could get a ridiculous offer, too.

Thats my biggest concern. If he is gone, we are in trouble, or at least Baynes will have the chance to show what he has.
I rather get a big at FA. So we know what we get.
I think a SG or SF player, can play better with the Spurs than with his college or current team in Europe. I don't think a center o a PF can. The Spurs know what they do (they have a system), players know their role, get open shots, etc. Now a big guy is another story, having s system, having tons of plays to run, doesn't help a center get rebounds.
Does that make sense or am I way off here?

CGD
05-25-2013, 05:11 PM
^ interesting, this is this FIRST time I hear anyone indicate he has a "good" motor. Did he turn a corner?

Captivus
05-28-2013, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQduIznX1uU

Ok, I watched the video.

First thing I noticed, he averages only 14 minutes. Why?
Not an option for offense, no jumpshot. Most of his FG are lobs or standing dunks from P&Rs.
The strange thing is that he averages 5.4 PPG, only playing 14 minutes! That should be a good thing..right?
Good rebounder and blocker, averaging 3.4 and 1.1, only in 14 minutes. Not bad.
Missed a few practices...not a good sign.

He looks like a softer version of Javale...or maybe I'm crazy.
He is not 18, he is gonna be 21 in July.

Not sure about his guy.

exstatic
05-29-2013, 11:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQduIznX1uU

Ok, I watched the video.

First thing I noticed, he averages only 14 minutes. Why?
Not an option for offense, no jumpshot. Most of his FG are lobs or standing dunks from P&Rs.
The strange thing is that he averages 5.4 PPG, only playing 14 minutes! That should be a good thing..right?
Good rebounder and blocker, averaging 3.4 and 1.1, only in 14 minutes. Not bad.
Missed a few practices...not a good sign.

He looks like a softer version of Javale...or maybe I'm crazy.
He is not 18, he is gonna be 21 in July.

Not sure about his guy.

You just wrote the position description for pick #28. If you were sure about him, he'd go in the top 5 in the draft.

Captivus
05-30-2013, 07:40 AM
You just wrote the position description for pick #28. If you were sure about him, he'd go in the top 5 in the draft.

I know...but for some reason I think theres something about this guy that we dont know.
Why does he play only 14 min? Whats that?
Missed practices?
Is this guy better than Baynes?
Those are my doubts, thats why Im not sure...
Theres gonna be better options than this guy, thats my point.
But then again, who knows!? I thought the Memphis series was gonna be a long one...

biskvito
05-30-2013, 09:25 AM
If a team wants a 7'6 wing span that can run the floor like a gazelle while grabbing rebounds, blocking and feeding on putbacks, this is probably a good pick. Maybe he develops some shooting and postup game later, but I don't see many coaches and front offices in the NBA with patience and will to develop big men potential. Spurs, probably, but I'm afraid the Duncan era will be over when this kid gets to USA.

moisaenz
05-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Might as well draft Muscala.. he can start playing next to duncan next season..

elemento
06-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know. If SAS target is a Center, I'd prefer Muscala over him. To me Nogueira is Hassan Whiteside v2.

SenorSpur
06-07-2013, 12:44 AM
The Spurs are desparate for a young, rebounding, rim-protecting big man. If they kid is available and fits the mold, I say gor for it.

jyra
06-08-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.europeanprospects.com/adidas-eurocamp-2013-day-1-recap/

In the second game with Adidas Eurocamp teams involved, Lucas “Bebe” Nogueria did a really good job as a mobile and athletic big guy. The Brazilian player was very active and looked a lot more mature mentally than during the previous years. Just by reading the stat sheet, it did not look like a huge game by him but the overall impression was very good.

The part about him being mature is encouraging.

biskvito
06-08-2013, 08:47 PM
From DraftExpress.com:

Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lucas-Nogueira-5957/) had a solid showing, having improved significantly from when he was here two years ago and essentially quit the last day after deciding to pull out of the draft and mentally checking out. The 7-footer made a huge impact on game on both ends for stretches, but faded in and out of the game as he tends to do, disappearing at times as well. On the offensive end he was able to make the most of his opportunities, scoring 13 points (6/7 FG) in 20 minutes of action using his soft hands and length to crash the boards and convert the shots created for him around the rim. Though he is not the most explosive leaper, his sheer size and wingspan allows him to dunk the ball effortlessly and making some incredibly impressive plays around the rim. Similarly, he is able to make his presence felt defensively as a shot blocker, using his tremendous wingspan to challenge would-be scorers. He's not a great defensive rebounder, as he'd sooner contest a shot that turn and box out, and grabbed just 3 total rebounds in 20 minutes, but he was the best player at the camp at times on Day One and likely helped his draft stock quite a bit by just showing up and putting his terrific talent on display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexsuZl_zkg

BackHome
06-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Can you say "FOOLS GOLD" I would be real scarred of drafting this kid he has bust written all over him. I don't like ok for the last four years I am lazy and then for two months I am a hard working potential NBA first round player. Not buying it..........

exstatic
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Can you say "FOOLS GOLD" I would be real scarred of drafting this kid he has bust written all over him. I don't like ok for the last four years I am lazy and then for two months I am a hard working potential NBA first round player. Not buying it..........

28th picks have a high bust rate. You're generally reaching and projecting. There just are no sure bets there. If they're sure bets, they go much higher.

AFBlue
06-09-2013, 06:25 PM
He won't last to 28, but that'd be a no-brainer if he did...good defensive instincts, length and upside both physically and skill-wise.

Baam
06-10-2013, 01:10 AM
His post defense and rebounding seem weak, I'd rather go with Jaiteh as a project big even tho the Mahinmi comparison could scare the FO, looks like he has more upside.

biskvito
06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
nbadraft.net have him at #11 after Eurocamp performance

Bebe is on the rise after an outstanding adidas Eurocamp in which he validated his surprising season showing maturity and focus. He dominated the competition showing great mobility, length and energy. Sixers GM Sam Hinkie was in attendance and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Bebe climb up to this spot considering the Sixers need for an athletic defender. Nogueira is extremely raw, but players with his size and agility are rare. He had a breakout performance at the Copa America U18 tournament in 2010 and some NBA scouts came away saying he had top 5 pick potential. He lost most of that hype with a dreadful showing at the 2011 adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, but has a huge bounce back season playing in Spain for Estudiantes. "Bebe" developed a reputation for being soft and lazy, but this season he showed dedication and maturity that had been lacking from his game. For him, it's just a matter of becoming more aggressive and maintaining his focus. Bebe has proven himself in the ACB, Europe's best national league and has become our top International prospect for this year's draft. NBA Comparison: Joakim Noah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnuPyuI6UY

Captivus
06-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Its strange that he climb so high in that mock draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

I mean, they are assuming he will go before Gobert, who is down to 21...

elemento
06-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Its strange that he climb so high in that mock draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

I mean, they are assuming he will go before Gobert, who is down to 21...

No way Lucas is a lottery pick. He won't be taken before Gobert or Dieng. I don't doubt that he can be a 1st round pick, but 20+ at best.

Draftexpress has Lucas going 27th, Gobert 16th and Dieng 24th. That makes more sense.

Captivus
06-10-2013, 01:22 PM
No way Lucas is a lottery pick. He won't be taken before Gobert or Dieng. I don't doubt that he can be a 1st round pick, but 20+ at best.

Draftexpress has Lucas going 27th, Gobert 16th and Dieng 24th. That makes more sense.

DX seems to be te more realistic.
They even have Schroeder at 15, while Hoopsworld has him at 21, that also doesnt make sense to me.

My fear as the many teams reach for this big guys, Nogueira, Gobert, Withey, Giannis, Dieng, even Jaiteh.
They all agree that Muscala will be available...:depressed

biskvito
06-11-2013, 12:02 PM
“I think basketball is a game of trust, not only between the coach and myself but the team and myself,” Nogueira explained. “If I land on a team that has confidence in me, I think it would be a good first step in order to have a great career.”
http://www.hoopsworld.com/lucas-nogueira-the-next-marcus-camby

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Rumored he will be picked up by us tonight.

Mel_13
12-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Hawks first-round draft pick Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendonitis in his knees, his agent Aylton Tesch told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Nogueira has been prescribed two months of rest. He will remain in Los Angeles to undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy before returning to Spain to continue playing this season. The center suspended his contract with his Spanish League team this month in order to seek treatment on his ailing knees.

Nogueira will not seek medical opinions from Hawks team doctors, his agent said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/nogueira-diagnosed-with-severe-tendonitis/ncQyJ/

DrunkTXLabrat
12-20-2013, 06:19 PM
spurs draft and stash written all over him. i'm glad ferry/bud cherry picked.

exstatic
12-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Hawks first-round draft pick Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendonitis in his knees, his agent Aylton Tesch told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Nogueira has been prescribed two months of rest. He will remain in Los Angeles to undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy before returning to Spain to continue playing this season. The center suspended his contract with his Spanish League team this month in order to seek treatment on his ailing knees.

Nogueira will not seek medical opinions from Hawks team doctors, his agent said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/nogueira-diagnosed-with-severe-tendonitis/ncQyJ/

But Pop is just babying Kawhi. :rolleyes