PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Prospect: Allen Crabbe

Bruno
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sportsnetBayArea/thumbnails/Sportsnet_-_Pacific_Associates/16/513/crabbe_allen_cal.jpg
Height: 6-6
Weight: 210 lbs
Birthday: 04/04/1992
College: California

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Allen-Crabbe-6477/)
NBADraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/allen-crabbe)

Captivus
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsV03s_0tNg

This guy could be available in the first round...not that I like him...just saying.

benefactor
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
The Spurs already have this guy. His name is Danny Green.

yavozerb
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
The Spurs already have this guy. His name is Danny Green.

Would love to have another player like danny green on this team. Have no problem with the spurs if they can replace Neal with this guy in the 1st.

CGD
05-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Not bad for 28. DX has him falling to the Spurs.

yavozerb
05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
After the combine I like this kid more than ever. Almost 6'6 w/o shoes and 6'11 wingspan. So far my #1 player for the spurs to target at 28.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 03:22 AM
I like what I see from him. I think he could play the three behind Leonard and then slide over to back up Green with Ginobili retires and Bertans is ready to get into the rotation. He seems like a fine player to have under a first-round deal, as it wouldn't really waste any money to leave him on the bench or have him play in Austin.

I have two questions about him, however (I don't watch college ball at all):

How pro-ready is he? His usefulness would come from being able to play next season. If it takes him a couple of years to get ready, he's much less attractive.

How does he compare as a prospect to Hanga and Bertans? This ties into the first question. If he isn't more pro-ready and has a lower ceiling, the Spurs shouldn't really draft him. If Hanga especially seems to be a better player now and in the future, it would make more sense to sign Adam and do something else with the first.

exstatic
05-18-2013, 06:35 AM
I like what I see from him. I think he could play the three behind Leonard and then slide over to back up Green with Ginobili retires and Bertans is ready to get into the rotation. He seems like a fine player to have under a first-round deal, as it wouldn't really waste any money to leave him on the bench or have him play in Austin.

I have two questions about him, however (I don't watch college ball at all):

How pro-ready is he? His usefulness would come from being able to play next season. If it takes him a couple of years to get ready, he's much less attractive.

How does he compare as a prospect to Hanga and Bertans? This ties into the first question. If he isn't more pro-ready and has a lower ceiling, the Spurs shouldn't really draft him. If Hanga especially seems to be a better player now and in the future, it would make more sense to sign Adam and do something else with the first.

If anything other than his jumper were ready, he wouldn't be sliding down to the late 20s.

His ceiling is pretty much Danny Green.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 07:49 AM
If anything other than his jumper were ready, he wouldn't be sliding down to the late 20s.

His ceiling is pretty much Danny Green.

Thanks for the info. That sounds pretty distressing. If his potential is Green as he is right now, he's not really worth the pick. But if he is a good shooter/scorer who has the potential to be Danny Green on defense/rebounding, then he's an interesting prospect. He could play a Neal-like role for the first couple of years and develop to take Green's spot if Danny prices himself out of the Spurs' range after this contract.

What is his potential as an instant-offense type of player?

exstatic
05-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info. That sounds pretty distressing. If his potential is Green as he is right now, he's not really worth the pick. But if he is a good shooter/scorer who has the potential to be Danny Green on defense/rebounding, then he's an interesting prospect. He could play a Neal-like role for the first couple of years and develop to take Green's spot if Danny prices himself out of the Spurs' range after this contract.

What is his potential as an instant-offense type of player?
He's not a shot creator like Neal. If he were, he'd be going in the lottery.

I'm not sure what you're expecting at #28. It really shouldn't be much.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 11:19 AM
He's not a shot creator like Neal. If he were, he'd be going in the lottery.

I'm not sure what you're expecting at #28. It really shouldn't be much.

I'm expecting a project like Neal. Sort of like Denmon, but with more upside. If the Spurs can't get a player like that, I'd rather them try to draft-and-stash or get rid of the pick. They don't have room on their roster for a project wing who's ceiling is a backup.

exstatic
05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm expecting a project like Neal. Sort of like Denmon, but with more upside. If the Spurs can't get a player like that, I'd rather them try to draft-and-stash or get rid of the pick. They don't have room on their roster for a project wing who's ceiling is a backup.

That's usually what they do when there isn't someone there they like. Personally, I think that's what happens if they don't use the pick to move up. I'm just doubting that anyone of immediate help will drop to 28.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
That's usually what they do when there isn't someone there they like. Personally, I think that's what happens if they don't use the pick to move up. I'm just doubting that anyone of immediate help will drop to 28.

I hope so. I'll admit that I know nothing about the college game, but from what I'm seeing, I'd much rather stash a pick and use the spot to bring over an extra overseas prospect.

I doubt they move up, though. There's no draft-value chart like in the NFL, but I can't imagine 28 combined with the 2014 first would net them much. The best chance I think they'd have to move up is if they traded Green for a mid-first. In such a scenario, drafting Crabbe at 28 may not be that bad. Bonner's expiring may persuade a team, though.

exstatic
05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I hope so. I'll admit that I know nothing about the college game, but from what I'm seeing, I'd much rather stash a pick and use the spot to bring over an extra overseas prospect.

I doubt they move up, though. There's no draft-value chart like in the NFL, but I can't imagine 28 combined with the 2014 first would net them much. The best chance I think they'd have to move up is if they traded Green for a mid-first. In such a scenario, drafting Crabbe at 28 may not be that bad. Bonner's expiring may persuade a team, though.

I doubt we can move up too high, but there are likely some picks in play. 18,19,20, and 21 could all be available. Three of them are secondary first rounders for teams, and one, Chicago, has a terrible cap sheet. They're almost at the tax with 9 players.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I doubt we can move up too high, but there are likely some picks in play. 18,19,20, and 21 could all be available. Three of them are secondary first rounders for teams, and one, Chicago, has a terrible cap sheet. They're almost at the tax with 9 players.

To me 18 seems to be the most possible, as I think Ferry would want Green the most. Chicago is also possible, but I doubt the Spurs pay for a pick, and even if they would be willing to, I don't think they'd want two firsts while also not shedding a contract.

If the Spurs moved up that far, who would be a realistic target for them?

exstatic
05-18-2013, 09:54 PM
To me 18 seems to be the most possible, as I think Ferry would want Green the most. Chicago is also possible, but I doubt the Spurs pay for a pick, and even if they would be willing to, I don't think they'd want two firsts while also not shedding a contract.

If the Spurs moved up that far, who would be a realistic target for them?

My choices for players in that area would be Dieng, Jamaal Franklin, or Adetokunbo. Someone else might fall, too.

Chinook
05-18-2013, 11:20 PM
^ Thanks. I'll start learning about prospects in a couple of weeks. I'll keep and eye on these three.

benefactor
05-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah...there are some things to like but I agree with him potentially needing a few seasons (a la Green) to be NBA ready. Guys like that are second round guys...just like Green was.

BackHome
05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Who knows Draft net has us getting 7'0 Steve Adams the kiwhi........which has tons of potential but is a project.

exstatic
05-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Who knows Draft net has us getting 7'0 Steve Adams the kiwhi........which has tons of potential but is a project.

Teams are more willing to put in the effort on a big man project. Wings grow on trees.

BackHome
05-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Yep that is why I want to see how Richard and Bertrans plays in summer camp and if they do good we should sign one of them.

exstatic
05-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Yep that is why I want to see how Richard and Bertrans plays in summer camp and if they do good we should sign one of them.

In spite of his height, Bertans is NOT a big. He's a SF. Richards is a second rounder who hasn't showed anything until playing in an absolute creampuff Austrian league this year.

DesignatedT
06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers are said to be high on California shooting guard Allen Crabbe. He could still be available when they make their first selection at No. 25.

Chinook
06-26-2013, 03:29 PM
If the Spurs end up trading Green for some reason, this is who I'd like to see replace him.

Russ
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Nice pick for the Spurs if he's there. :clap