PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: San Antonio's Tony Parker may not get the respect of other point guards, but his resu

ambchang
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--san-antonio-s-tony-parker-may-not-get-the-respect-of-other-point-guards--but-his-resume-tops-them-all-193518653.html

Tony Parker spent time in the summer playing basketball in his father's native Chicago during his youth, but was mostly raised in France.

When it came time to decide the next step of his burgeoning basketball career, the San Antonio Spurs' guard was "very close" to going to UCLA or Georgia Tech before opting to begin his pro career in France.

MORE-> (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--san-antonio-s-tony-parker-may-not-get-the-respect-of-other-point-guards--but-his-resume-tops-them-all-193518653.html)

to21
02-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Getting endorsement from Greg Anthony also. :wow

ShowtimeFan
02-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Could be a repeat of the Nash 2005 MVP... best player on the best team winning the award. Still think the MVP is Lebron's to lose this year, but I thought the same about Kobe in 2005.

Regardless, TP is terrifying when he's on and one of a handful of guys that can be completely unstoppable at times. As a Lakers fan, I have equal parts hate and respect for the guy.

Cry Havoc
02-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Could be a repeat of the Nash 2005 MVP... best player on the best team winning the award. Still think the MVP is Lebron's to lose this year, but I thought the same about Kobe in 2005.

Regardless, TP is terrifying when he's on and one of a handful of guys that can be completely unstoppable at times. As a Lakers fan, I have equal parts hate and respect for the guy.

These Laker trolls get stranger by the day.

OKC
02-28-2013, 03:40 PM
I wasn't aware that Parker isn't respected by other point guards in the league.

lefty
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Me neither

JamStone
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Title of article is misleading. It's not about Tony not getting respect from other point guards. It's about not getting as much pub or hype or coverage as other point guards. Title should probably read "may not get the respect other point guards do." The grammar and phrasing suggest other point guards dismiss Tony. That's not what the article was about. At any rate, I'm sure if other point guards were asked, they would say very complimentary and glowing things about Parker. And in recent weeks and maybe even months, NBA analysts have been giving Parker some serious props and MVP consideration, just like the article mentioned with Barkley, and also JVG and Jon Barry among others have said the same. It's not that Parker isn't getting the respect he deserves. It's more of a product of the lack of hype and media coverage that some other star players receive, and in turn the perception is he doesn't get enough respect.

It's really a non-story though. As Parker himself said in the article, he's more concerned about winning games and titles.

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--san-antonio-s-tony-parker-may-not-get-the-respect-of-other-point-guards--but-his-resume-tops-them-all-193518653.html

Tony Parker spent time in the summer playing basketball in his father's native Chicago during his youth, but was mostly raised in France.

When it came time to decide the next step of his burgeoning basketball career, the San Antonio Spurs' guard was "very close" to going to UCLA or Georgia Tech before opting to begin his pro career in France.

MORE-> (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--san-antonio-s-tony-parker-may-not-get-the-respect-of-other-point-guards--but-his-resume-tops-them-all-193518653.html)

There's only 2...count em two Spur players in the history of the Spurs that I respect....and think have the talent to have been Lakers...

1.) Tony Parker
2.) Bruce Bowen

I respect Parker for having the balls to bang out his teammates wife right under his nose
I respect Bowen for taking it up the ass from Kobe so valiantly all those years and never really complaining....

in all seriousness I do respect those 2 guys only....

DMC
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Tony is a French faggot and Bruce was a role player. Kool plays the role of a faggot. Lots in common.

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
It's really a non-story though. As Parker himself said in the article, he's more concerned about winning games and titles.

so why did he call out westbrick last season in the playoffs? trying to play mind games backfire

ambchang
03-01-2013, 10:54 AM
There's only 2...count em two Spur players in the history of the Spurs that I respect....and think have the talent to have been Lakers...

1.) Tony Parker
2.) Bruce Bowen

I respect Parker for having the balls to bang out his teammates wife right under his nose
I respect Bowen for taking it up the ass from Kobe so valiantly all those years and never really complaining....

in all seriousness I do respect those 2 guys only....

Your respect really means a lot, I am sure NBA players go to sleep thinking "Am I getting any respect from that Dancing Bear guy?"

da_suns_fan
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
List of point guards the Spurs WOULD trade Tony Parker for

1) Chris Paul
2) Russell Westbrook
3) Derrick Rose
4) Rajon Rondo (maybe not because of recent injury but hes still a helluva much better player than TP).

BlackSwordsMan
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
tony parker should do a harlem shake video before its too late

Clipper Nation
03-01-2013, 01:52 PM
List of point guards the Spurs WOULD trade Tony Parker for

1) Chris Paul
Agreed....

2) Russell Westbrook
3) Derrick Rose
4) Rajon Rondo (maybe not because of recent injury but hes still a helluva much better player than TP).
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Never in a million years.... TP is better than all three....

Ra'on is the better stat-padder and cheapshot artist, but in no way, shape, or form is he a better player than Tony Parker....

Latarian Milton
03-01-2013, 07:39 PM
parker should thank pop for making him the star player he is, and he wouldn't have been much better than mo williams or shit had he not joined them spurs imho. just a streaky scoring first little fag would've been his ceiling, can't forget the old times when pop ranted at him like he was his bitch. pop's criticism and tutorship catalysed the metamorphosis of tony parker tbh

chapnis
03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
parker should thank pop for making him the star player he is, and he wouldn't have been much better than mo williams or shit had he not joined them spurs imho. just a streaky scoring first little fag would've been his ceiling, can't forget the old times when pop ranted at him like he was his bitch. pop's criticism and tutorship catalysed the metamorphosis of tony parker tbh

Probably true tbh