PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake Factory

JudynTX
02-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Do you think this place is over or underrated?

bigzak25
02-28-2013, 03:15 PM
definitely over. only been once, had the orange chicken which was good but way over priced. but my wife can make better cheesecake. so for the price of everything i vote over-rated.

JudynTX
02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
definitely over. only been once, had the orange chicken which was good but way over priced. but my wife can make better cheesecake. so for the price of everything i vote over-rated.

I've had better orange chicken at China Garden. :lol But yes, I agree, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced.

baseline bum
02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
I love Cheesecake Factory. The shrimp scampi with angel-hair in their garlic sauce is outstanding, and their white chocolate raspberry cheesecake with their whipped cream is an amazing dessert. I do wish they'd cut the portion size (and of course the price) by about 1/3rd though, as the plates are way too big.

DarrinS
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Big time overrated

Trill Clinton
02-28-2013, 03:59 PM
neither.

i don't really hear a lot of people talking it up and i don't hear people talking down on it.

i like eating there because of the vast menu and the caramel chicken is bomb.

cantthinkofanything
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
neither.

i don't really hear a lot of people talking it up and i don't hear people talking down on it.

i like eating there because of the vast menu and the caramel chicken is bomb.

I agree. I've eaten there a few times with family and we'll all order something different so we can try different things. There are some dishes that are excellent and some that are average or below. As big as their menu is, I don't think you can call them overrated after going just one time.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Caramel chicken ???? :lol
You gots da sweet toofs?

FatBeaner
02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree. I've eaten there a few times with family and we'll all order something different so we can try different things. There are some dishes that are excellent and some that are average or below. As big as their menu is, I don't think you can call them overrated after going just one time.

what are some of these excellent dishes you speak of good sir?

FatBeaner
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
not one gottdam enchilada plate on the whole menu the size of a phone book!

cantthinkofanything
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
what are some of these excellent dishes you speak of good sir?

vomit braised chicken or possibly the pubic hair stew. can't go wrong either way.
for appetizers, the cologne injected pot stickers and the shower corn rolls

Trill Clinton
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM

yup!

Caramel chicken ???? :lol
You gots da sweet toofs?

damn, you are lame.

Trill Clinton
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM
vomit braised chicken or possibly the pubic hair stew. can't go wrong either way.
for appetizers, the cologne injected pot stickers and the shower corn rolls

lmaooooooo

cantthinkofanything
02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
but seriously, there are some good appetizers. I like the Avocado Eggrolls and the Corn Tamale Cakes.

Spur|n|Austin
02-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Only been once, got some sort of pasta plate, meh. I doubt I'll ever go back unless someone chooses it as a meeting place.

cantthinkofanything
02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Only been once, got some sort of pasta plate, meh. I doubt I'll ever go back unless someone chooses it as a meeting place.

As a rule, almost any pasta dish from a chain, is meh.

DPG21920
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
It's literally one of the most unhealthy places you can eat. SMH.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-28-2013, 08:13 PM
damn, you are lame.
I don't eat caramel chicken.

Chawaman
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Spicy chicken chipotle pasta is pretty good. It's what I always get.

silverblk mystix
02-28-2013, 10:57 PM
The Miso Salmon and the Calamari are pretty tasty.

alamo50
03-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I dream about Cheesecake Factory.
Good dreams.

blkroadrunners
03-01-2013, 01:54 PM
It's literally one of the most unhealthy places you can eat. SMH.

I heard the calories in most of their dishes were outrageous compared to other restaurants.

CuckingFunt
03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I've only ever eaten there once. I remember thinking it was tasty for a big chain, but nothing particularly special and certainly nothing good enough to either justify the price or to draw me back to the restaurant.

MI21
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Being from Australia, we don't have this chain. So I googled the nutritional information after reading some of the above mentioned items and thinking they must be really, really bad for you.

Fucking 2000 calories for a main course and that's before you have a drink or an entree or even a dessert as well. Add that shit in and you are looking at about 4000 calories, :lol 200% of what a normal male should eat per day.

Fuck.

Looks nice though.

JudynTX
03-01-2013, 02:55 PM
^^ :lol I don't eat here very often., just special occasions.

IronMaxipad
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Overpriced as fuck. Their burgers are pretty good though, tbh.

DPG21920
03-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Being from Australia, we don't have this chain. So I googled the nutritional information after reading some of the above mentioned items and thinking they must be really, really bad for you.

Fucking 2000 calories for a main course and that's before you have a drink or an entree or even a dessert as well. Add that shit in and you are looking at about 4000 calories, :lol 200% of what a normal male should eat per day.

Fuck.

Looks nice though.

Ya, part of the reason USA has a huge obesity problems. Even with the widely available nutrition info, people still gorge themselves. If I ever go (which has been incredible rare, usually an invite from friends) my GF & I not only split one dish, but we take home half as leftovers. No joke, the portions are that big.

silverblk mystix
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Ya, part of the reason USA has a huge obesity problems. Even with the widely available nutrition info, people still gorge themselves. If I ever go (which has been incredible rare, usually an invite from friends) my GF & I not only split one dish, but we take home half as leftovers. No joke, the portions are that big.

That is part of what makes it ok...you can enjoy a good meal for dinner and you don't have to worry about lunch the next day - since you have enough for that.

DPG21920
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
That is part of what makes it ok...you can enjoy a good meal for dinner and you don't have to worry about lunch the next day - since you have enough for that.

Except San Antonio eats their entire plate, plus their friends left overs plus 2 slices of cheesecake in one sitting.

silverblk mystix
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Except San Antonio eats their entire plate, plus their friends left overs plus 2 slices of cheesecake in one sitting.

:lol

Be nice.

DPG21920
03-01-2013, 03:53 PM
With a diet coke since they are watching their figures.

ALVAREZ6
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Overrated. I would probably find most chain restaurants that try to be middle to high end overrated/priced. There is always a massive wait for the local one in my area and I just don't understand.

TDMVPDPOY
03-03-2013, 05:35 AM
i got a friend who bought into a franchise, lol always brings these cakes to the parties...would always ask him are these the cakes you couldnt sell for a couple of days?