View Full Version : 2013 Draft Prospect: Giannis Antetokounmpo

Bruno
03-01-2013, 05:09 AM
http://basketballplus.nl/wp-content/uploads/Giannis.jpg
Height: 6-9
Weight: 215 lbs
Birthday: 12/06/1994
Team: Filathlitikos (Greece)

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Giannis-Adetokunbo-7223/)
NBADraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/giannis-adetokoubo)

BackHome
03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Who ever drafts him is looking to bring him in about three to four years.

SpursIndonesia
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
A potential Serge Ibaka clone ?

Uriel
03-05-2013, 12:31 AM
You know you're old when you finally see an NBA Draft Prospect on SpursTalk who's younger than you.

NickiRasgo
03-05-2013, 01:22 AM
You know you're old when you finally see an NBA Draft Prospect on SpursTalk who's younger than you.

:depressed:depressed:depressed

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/dear+_1f608c0bf6782b88d810321c139f391b.png

Darkwaters
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Isn't it usually company policy not to draft Greeks?

Chinook
03-05-2013, 03:34 PM

That's how I felt when Rubio got drafted.

benefactor
03-05-2013, 08:39 PM
That's how I felt when Rubio got drafted.
Gotta go back to Kobe Bryant for me....

Darkwaters
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Gotta go back to Kobe Bryant for me....

Chris Paul

exstatic
03-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Kawhi hands!!! lol Check the pic on his DX profile.

This could be our first draft and stash big in a while.

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Kawhi hands!!! lol Check the pic on his DX profile.

This could be our first draft and stash big in a while.

Stashing picks is a luxury that's limited to teams that are already well-equipped -- we need to focus on players who could replace the guys who are on their way out, IMO.

BackHome
03-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Draft the best PF/SF/C in the draft period. If RC draft's another tweener PG/SG I am gonna revoke his man card!

exstatic
03-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Stashing picks is a luxury that's limited to teams that are already well-equipped -- we need to focus on players who could replace the guys who are on their way out, IMO.

Top to bottom, we probably have one of the top 3-4 talent bases in the league. It's not like we're Charlotte. We also may have NO roster spots available next year, depending on player and team options picked up.

admiralsnackbar
03-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Top to bottom, we probably have one of the top 3-4 talent bases in the league. It's not like we're Charlotte. We also may have NO roster spots available next year, depending on player and team options picked up.
I'm working under the assumption that Pop prefers to bring rooks into the team in a virtually inactive capacity while they learn the ropes, but concede that Blair, Leonard, Hill, and De Colo all represent recent contradictions to that line of thinking, so I may very well be stuck in the past.

That said; while your point about roster spots is well-taken, I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that at least Blair will be departing the team. Even beyond that... assuming Pop continues to be willing to give rooks burn, drafting a player whose skill-set somewhat consolidates the abilities of two utility players is probably as attractive now as can be -- not only because it tightens rotations and potentially makes the team more competitive as the window closes, but for the strategic advantage of freeing up a roster spot and filling a position on the cheap. Decisions are situational, I guess: ultimately, the best player available will determine whether drafting and activating or stashing will make the most sense.

Slutter McGee
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Can't pronounce his name easily. Don't want.

Slutter McGee

exstatic
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Can't pronounce his name easily. Don't want.

Slutter McGee

Takes this stupid will NOT get your name "blacked".

CGD
03-13-2013, 08:34 PM
He has an interesting story on draft express about his family. Also it looks likes he has massive hands ala Leonard

Slutter McGee
03-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Takes this stupid will NOT get your name "blacked".

Its called a joke fella. Relax

Slutter McGee

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=km632hL-XCo

DesignatedT
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
DX has him in first round right now.

jyra
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM

Captivus
04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
there seems to be a lot of tall prospects in this draft

benefactor
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
More like a Nigerian Durant.

He will go around the time the Spurs pick and that would be fine. Either him or Jaiteh.

TrainOfThought5
04-06-2013, 11:47 PM
shaping up to be an excellent draft for the spurs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2013, 10:10 AM
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 1h
Greek A2's Nea Kifisia, hosts of game vs. draft prospect Giannis Adetokunbo, refuse to grant credentials for Spurs/Heat/Hawks/Grizz scouts.

Captivus
04-26-2013, 10:17 AM
David Pick ‏@IAmDPick 1h
Greek A2's Nea Kifisia, hosts of game vs. draft prospect Giannis Adetokunbo, refuse to grant credentials for Spurs/Heat/Hawks/Grizz scouts.

NOOO!!! This is my favorite player!
The next Magic Johnson!!! :downspin:

Seventyniner
04-26-2013, 07:08 PM
You know you're old when you finally see a player on the Spurs who's a decade younger than you.

My version.

Not that I'm old or bitter or anything like that...

exstatic
04-26-2013, 07:48 PM
NOOO!!! This is my favorite player!
The next Magic Johnson!!! :downspin:
Enjoy watching him play in another uniform, then. We'd have to trade up about 5 spots higher than the slot we got Kawhi in. Not happening. He's rocketing up the boards.

ace3g
04-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
(http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)Absolutely ridiculous game between Giannis Adetokunbo's team and Naa Kifisia. Winner goes to Greek 1st division. Going to triple OT now.

(http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)Adetokunbo has looked like a bit of a deer in the headlights. Tired and pretty passive. Struggling playing without the ball. Just fouled out

(http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)The dream is over for Giannis Adetokunbo's team Filathlitikos. Lost in triple overtime 89-81 to Nea Kifisia and will stay in 2nd division.

Bruno
04-27-2013, 06:59 PM
So, he averaged 9.5 ppg, 5 rpg and 1.4 apg in 22.2mpg while playing in Greek second league. He hasn't played some youth championship with the Greek NT and he wasn't at the Hoop Summit.

Using a first round pick on a player that is playing relatively well in barns against shepherds and who is looking good is a huge huge gamble.

exstatic
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
So, he averaged 9.5 ppg, 5 rpg and 1.4 apg in 22.2mpg while playing in Greek second league. He hasn't played some youth championship with the Greek NT and he wasn't at the Hoop Summit.

Using a first round pick on a player that is playing relatively well in barns against shepherds and who is looking good is a huge huge gamble.

Paris Basket Racing. Got a guy from that tiny team once. He was playing against no one, too.

Bruno
04-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Paris Basket Racing. Got a guy from that tiny team once. He was playing against no one, too.

That's so wrong.

Parker played at a way higher level, was the MVP of the U18 Euro championship and played well at the Hoop Summit. The only reason why he was drafted so low was because it was in 2001 and NBA teams weren't that interested in Euro players.

exstatic
04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
That's so wrong.

Parker played at a way higher level, was the MVP of the U18 Euro championship and played well at the Hoop Summit. The only reason why he was drafted so low was because it was in 2001 and NBA teams weren't that interested in Euro players.

And it was the Spurs that found him. Now, everyone is paying attention to the higher levels of European ball, and the Summit, and the Spurs will have to blaze a new path, perhaps to barns full of shepherds in Greece.

Bruno
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
And it was the Spurs that found him. Now, everyone is paying attention to the higher levels of European ball, and the Summit, and the Spurs will have to blaze a new path, perhaps to barns full of shepherds in Greece.

I don't think the issue is about finding players, it's about having the guts to draft them.

Parker worked out for a handful of NBA teams but it took some guts to draft an euro guard in a league were none was playing.
Adetokunbo has been scouted by a lot of teams but it will take some guts to draft a player hat hasn't faced a single quality prospect/player.

What could help Adetokunbo to be less a gamble would be if he plays the Adidas Eurocamp and do well. Without that, drafting him in the first round would be a true leap of faith for a GM which might scare a lot of them.

CGD
04-28-2013, 12:05 AM
We're talking 28th pick here. Not much of a gamble.

exstatic
04-28-2013, 09:11 AM
We're talking 28th pick here. Not much of a gamble.

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah.

Maybe that's why SA finds late gems: they realize that the hit rate that low in the draft is SO LOW that it makes it no risk at all to take anyone at all.

ace3g
05-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
(http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider)Hearing first 2 promises of 2013 Draft: Dennis Schroeder & Giannis Antetokounmpo both given 1st round guarantees sources say.

TheCerebral1
05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
The kid has some major upside. Hopefully this is someone targeted. If so you won't hear me complaining that late in the first round.

td4mvp2k
05-20-2013, 12:17 PM
The kid has some major upside. Hopefully this is someone targeted. If so you won't hear me complaining that late in the first round.

ya he has major upside but wont be a spur... could be a lotto pick but not in 20s

Captivus
05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
DX has him at 29!! NAH!
NBADraft at 20.

Someone will definitively reach for this guy. Otherwise, I want him.

bluebellmaniac
05-23-2013, 08:09 PM
He is 6'9", but DX has him projected as just a SF. With Bertans looking like he is coming along so well, do we want to draft and stash another SF? Is the thought process that at #28 he will be the best player on the board, so go with the best player available as a stash?

td4mvp2k
05-23-2013, 08:36 PM
He is 6'9", but DX has him projected as just a SF. With Bertans looking like he is coming along so well, do we want to draft and stash another SF? Is the thought process that at #28 he will be the best player on the board, so go with the best player available as a stash?

no ? wit him u do

DrunkTXLabrat
05-27-2013, 07:29 PM
i don't think they should stash him if they draft him. get him in against preseason, d league, and 3rd stringers. he could have the tmac or neal spot.

bluebellmaniac
05-27-2013, 07:56 PM
i don't think they should stash him if they draft him. get him in against preseason, d league, and 3rd stringers. he could have the tmac or neal spot.
Consensus has Bertans coming over next season, so if we go for a 3rd SF, we'd want it to be a stash. That way he'd at least get playing time, plus he could use a couple more years of development. We only have, at my estimate, 3 open slots on the roster. Bertans takes one and we could use a couple vets for another run next year.

Captivus
05-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Apparently the Celtics like this guy.
http://celticfanchat.com/2013/05/23/danny-ainge-absolutely-loves-giannis-adetokunbo/

Could they reach for him with the 16 pick?

benefactor
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
He's probably a guaranteed stash if he goes in the first. No reason to give guaranteed money to an 18 yr old kid who won't be ready for a few years.

Chinook
05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
He's probably a guaranteed stash if he goes in the first. No reason to give guaranteed money to an 18 yr old kid who won't be ready for a few years.

Do you mean that a team would be wise to take him, since they wouldn't have to pay him for a few years? Or do you mean that guaranteed money, even years down the line, should be avoided for a player who has a murky future?

DrunkTXLabrat
05-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Consensus has Bertans coming over next season, so if we go for a 3rd SF, we'd want it to be a stash. That way he'd at least get playing time, plus he could use a couple more years of development. We only have, at my estimate, 3 open slots on the roster. Bertans takes one and we could use a couple vets for another run next year.

i'd estimate 4. bonner, tmac, blair, neal. i imagine diaw and mills are going to opt to stay.

i think of bertans as the bonner replacement. there's not much expectation for defense/rebounding. but hopefully bertans has potential to be a bonner upgrade in the defense/rebounding department.

i think tmac could be re-signed for next season. if not, then his replacement is that hanga guy, or some other scrap vet. since hanga has been stashed for a while, i'm satisfied he's vet enough. and there's your vet quota.

neal and blair need to be replaced with young guys who (for the love of god) aren't undersized. guys with length, height, wingspan, hands, strength, and athleticism. all the tools for defending wings and stretch 4s, and rebounding. no experience, no shot, a little weak... no problem. these guys can get their development in practice, d league, garbage time, and injury fill in. no need to stash, no immediate need for them to play. just be under rookie contract, sit on the bench, and desire development.

i think adetokunbo fits the resume for blair replacement. i don't see why stash in europe. when he can be stashed in the d league like cojo.

bluebellmaniac
05-28-2013, 03:26 AM
i'd estimate 4. bonner, tmac, blair, neal. i imagine diaw and mills are going to opt to stay.

i think of bertans as the bonner replacement. there's not much expectation for defense/rebounding. but hopefully bertans has potential to be a bonner upgrade in the defense/rebounding department.

i think tmac could be re-signed for next season. if not, then his replacement is that hanga guy, or some other scrap vet. since hanga has been stashed for a while, i'm satisfied he's vet enough. and there's your vet quota.

neal and blair need to be replaced with young guys who (for the love of god) aren't undersized. guys with length, height, wingspan, hands, strength, and athleticism. all the tools for defending wings and stretch 4s, and rebounding. no experience, no shot, a little weak... no problem. these guys can get their development in practice, d league, garbage time, and injury fill in. no need to stash, no immediate need for them to play. just be under rookie contract, sit on the bench, and desire development.

i think adetokunbo fits the resume for blair replacement. i don't see why stash in europe. when he can be stashed in the d league like cojo.

I have yet to see any indication from Pop that he would waive Bonner. I think Pop is actually pretty pleased with his performance. ST has a distaste for the Red Rocket, but that is different than what Pop thinks. Until I see him in the proverbial Pop dog house, I think he comes back for another year of the "Stretch 4" position that Pop covets.

Bertans is a SF, so he would back up Leonard and would not fill a PF role, mainly due to his lack of size on the defensive end. I suppose he could if we went small ball, but the crowd here goes nuts (in a bad way) when we play small.

The other 3 players I agree with. There is no need to replace Neal as we already had too many guards. If NDC can play SG, then we are set at the 1 and 2 spots while Bertans takes care of the 3 (though if he plays mainly in the D-League, we could use a vet backup SF). We then just need another big, either a vet or a stashed.

benefactor
05-28-2013, 05:43 AM
Do you mean that a team would be wise to take him, since they wouldn't have to pay him for a few years? Or do you mean that guaranteed money, even years down the line, should be avoided for a player who has a murky future?
The former...a la Tiago Splitter.

BackHome
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
We need to get athletic and Nando is slow for a SG and would get killed in the playoffs. He is not going to get time at backup PG cause CoJo won that spot so he will not like getting very little minutes "I think we trade him and bring in Hanga". I would do this cause Manu is one injury away form being out the whole year his body is breaking down fast.

I agree that we keep Bonner for another year no way could Bertrans guard Howard and Zo as well as Bonner did.

MR-Clutch
05-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Would love to snag this kid and muscala.

ace3g
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Word on the street from our top spy in Greece is that two NBA teams have make first-round promises to Greek Freak Giannis Adetokumbo. We have a strong suspicion that one of those teams is Atlanta, which picks 17th and 18th.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/05/29/kotoch-mock-draft-3-0-1-cavs-would-move-no-1-pick-for-kevin-love/

Captivus
05-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Would love to snag this kid and muscala.

Thats probably impossible.

MR-Clutch
05-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Thats probably impossible.
Yeah, there would definitely have to be a trade involved for a mid to late first round pick.

bluebellmaniac
05-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we had worked out a deal w Atlanta that let us swap first round picks in exchange for allowing them to contact Coach Bud and hire him? Yeah, that would be great... it'd open all sorts of draft possibilities...

Captivus
05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we had worked out a deal w Atlanta that let us swap first round picks in exchange for allowing them to contact Coach Bud and hire him? Yeah, that would be great... it'd open all sorts of draft possibilities...

Mmm....

exstatic
06-02-2013, 12:36 PM

It was only a convenience to let them talk to him, nothing worth a pick. If the Spurs had proposed that, Ferry would have just waited until after The Finals.

BackHome
06-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I think it was written in blue..:)

BackHome
06-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Well he is doing really good in camp so no way is he going to fall to us at 28.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Well he is doing really good in camp so no way is he going to fall to us at 28.

i like giannis, but where did you read he's doing good?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/giannis-adetokunbo-not-ready-for-nba-play

DrunkTXLabrat
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/giannis_adetokunbo_may_be_drafts_international_sur prise/13782302

?

DrunkTXLabrat
06-11-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.indycornrows.com/2013/6/10/4411650/pacers-23rd-pick-tournament-round-one-giannis-adetokunbo-vs-tony-snell

BackHome
06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Giannis Adetokunbo Game Footage from U20 Greek National Team in Jesolo (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Giannis-Adetokunbo-Game-Footage-from-U20-Greek-National-Team-in-Jesolo-4246)by DraftExpress ,Jonathan Givony (http://www.draftexpress.com/archives/columnists/Jonathan-Givony/)

Game Footage ofGiannis Adetokunbo (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Giannis-Adetokunbo-7223/)playing with the U20 Greek National Team in Jesolo Italy against the U20 Croatian National team. This is Adetokunbo's first ever game played outside of Greece and was attended by approximately 50 NBA...

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2VxHNuMU4 (http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz2VxHNuMU4)
http://www.draftexpress.com

KawhiLeonard
06-24-2013, 02:43 PM
any chance he falls to 28? i think he has one of the biggest upsides in the draft

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Not sure if posted already, but Giannis Adetokunbo's stock is dropping due to insistence on playing in NBA now rather than developing in Europe.

Captivus
06-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Not sure if posted already, but Giannis Adetokunbo's stock is dropping due to insistence on playing in NBA now rather than developing in Europe.

Chad Ford: Giannis Antetokounmpo insisting he won't go back to Greece next year. Wants to be in NBA now. That's scaring teams away in the lottery (http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html).

I assume he knows he wont be able to play in the NBA from day 1, he probably want to be in with a new team, a new life.
The problem here is the Salary...

Baam
06-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Chad Ford: Giannis Antetokounmpo insisting he won't go back to Greece next year. Wants to be in NBA now. That's scaring teams away in the lottery (http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html).

I assume he knows he wont be able to play in the NBA from day 1, he probably want to be in with a new team, a new life.
The problem here is the Salary...

He probably just needs the money, guys like him and Adams have big families and are very poor.

Captivus
06-27-2013, 11:18 AM
He probably just needs the money, guys like him and Adams have big families and are very poor.

I dont know about that, but salaries decrease quickly in the Draft, so regardless of the fact that he wants to play in the NBA, someone will pick him eventually in the first round.

Baam
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Chad Ford is now reporting that Schroeder doesn't want to be stashed either.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I dont know about that, but salaries decrease quickly in the Draft, so regardless of the fact that he wants to play in the NBA, someone will pick him eventually in the first round.

~$1M a year is better than ~$100k a year he'd make with his European team. He wants the guarantee and wants it this upcoming season.

DesignatedT
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
This is going to hurt his draft stock. Kid is not ready for the NBA yet.

yavozerb
06-27-2013, 12:04 PM
This is going to hurt his draft stock. Kid is not ready for the NBA yet.

I dont think he is even ready for the D-league yet...

DesignatedT
06-27-2013, 12:05 PM
NBADraft.net ‏@nbadraftnet 1m
Compounding Giannis Adetokoubo issue with refusal to stay in Europe is his significant buyout, as much as 2 million according to sources.

yavozerb
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Damn, no way this kid should be taken in the 1st..

Captivus
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
2 million buyout!
Didnt know about that!
Now this is a differente story...with this new info, theres a chance he is available at 28...mmm....would the Spurs take him?

DesignatedT
06-27-2013, 01:43 PM
2 million buyout!
Didnt know about that!
Now this is a differente story...with this new info, theres a chance he is available at 28...mmm....would the Spurs take him?

Doubt it.

Captivus
06-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Doubt it.

Aran Smith: Updating previous tweet. Buyout for Adetokoubo with ACB team not close to 2 mil, closer to 1 mil but still significant and a consideration (http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html)

If it is $1 million, thats only 500K cap space, right?
If available, CLE could pick him up at 19.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-27-2013, 04:18 PM
the guy has freakish potential. his skill set. his body. he wants to play. he's a pricey bargain at #28.

ace3g
06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN3H2BFCAAQkJ1j.jpg:large

Captivus
06-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Whats the correct last name?

jyra
06-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Adetokunbo is his birth name. The spelling changed when aquired the Greek citizenship last month, so it's Antetokounmpo now offically.

Captivus
06-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Adetokunbo is his birth name. The spelling changed when aquired the Greek citizenship last month, so it's Antetokounmpo now offically.

Ok, thx for the info.
Hope we can see him play. I think he could be a killer SF. Hope he can make it.

Baam
06-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Going to follow this guy closely, he seems pretty likable tbh.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-30-2013, 01:25 PM
he got drafted so high... spurs didn't have a chance. gobert almost made it to them... that was a bummer move from goldenstate/utah.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-27-2013, 02:25 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/milwaukee-bucks-dunk-video-instagram-giannis/

this kid is gonna kill it. i have faith in the spurs projects. but i'd much rather have seen him drafted, than two draft and stashes and a gamble on sam young. i wonder if the bucks woulda taken a neal, blair, spurs 1st for bucks 1st before the deadline last season. hindsight is 20/20, woulda shoulda coulda sucks. but i can't help but wonder.

hell, i wonder if the bucks would take rights to livio, bertans, and hanga for this kid right now.

99 Problems
09-27-2013, 09:21 PM
We had no chance upfront as he went 15.

Captivus
09-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Him and Dennis Schroeder are the 2 guys that I wanna see play.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-01-2013, 01:15 AM
i'm absolutely drafting schroeder in my 12 man fantasy league this year. i know the hawks are set with teague. i'm hoping coach bud plays teague or schroeder at 2.

ace3g
10-01-2013, 12:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVfdesYCAAE1puf.png:large

Baam
10-14-2013, 12:26 PM
The Greek Freak is already doing some pretty exciting stuff... The potential is def very high, just hope he realizes it...

ace3g
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y0aPXO2UwLY

CGD
10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Kid is gonna be good.

Baam
11-13-2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlwrMKNpNs

Gonna be a star if developed properly.

yavozerb
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlwrMKNpNs

Gonna be a star if developed properly.

Gonna be a star cause he hit two wide open threes and a reverse lay up when the game was already over against the heats bench? According to your levels of stardom there must be a couple per team. Kid has the physical tools to be a good NBA player, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Chinook
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Lol. I had the same thought. I hear he's going to be great, but I saw nothing about those highlights to confirm that. I'd need to see more of him slashing, passing or defending.

Baam
11-14-2013, 12:59 AM
Because if he shows good form and a consistent 3pt shot no one can get to his releasing point like Durant and he showed more passing ability than most SF in the league already.

Baam
12-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Went 4-6 for 10pts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYdlZJfrHfA

DrunkTXLabrat
12-01-2013, 02:33 AM
i had to drop him from my fantasy team earlier this season. milwauke is being so stingy and inconsistent about his minutes. but it looks like he'll be coming back to my san antonio rodman 3's now.

PlayNando
12-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Racist.

Chinook
12-11-2013, 10:57 PM
I'll go ahead and bump this for Baam. He looked good in garbage time. I like his potential. He'll probably flame out in Milwaukee though.

DrunkTXLabrat
12-12-2013, 02:32 AM
bumped for baam. sure. but what about the drunk guy? flame out in milwaukee? more like snuff larry drew for botched development minutes. if the bucks wanna put some butts in the seats, they need to lure tom izzo cross the border/barrier with some serious buck$!!!!

DrunkTXLabrat
12-20-2013, 05:11 PM
he made me suffer through a few disappointing fantasy weeks. but he almost looks like a consistent producer now.

Captivus
12-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Giannis Antetokounmpo had the first double-double of his career on Friday vs. the Nets with 16 points, 10 boards, one assist, three blocks and one 3-pointer in 34 minutes
----------
Giannis Antetokounmpo had a career-high four steals against the Wolves on Saturday to go with six points, five boards, four assists and two blocks in 31 minutes.

Captivus
01-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Growing Giannis: Bucks’ rookie has grown more than an inch since draft day
http://nba.si.com/2014/01/02/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-growth-spurt/

I think is time that someone, Bruno (dont know how to do the post with the name thing), changes the name of the thread, to his "real" name.

Captivus
01-07-2014, 11:30 AM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/poster.jpg?w=600&h=700

I. Hustle
01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
That's a big ass inch

Baam
01-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Makes Kawhi look like a scrub tbh...

Baam
01-07-2014, 12:20 PM
His blog entries are amazing to read tbh, that kid is just so likable : http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/1/7/5283406/it-is-amazing-what-i-am-experiencing-gianniss-new-blog-entry

yavozerb
01-07-2014, 12:43 PM

:lol, stupid..You make yourself look like a scrub with posts like that one.

Captivus
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM
That's a big ass inch

Is a French Inch! or a Frinch!...(Im on fire!!!) :p:

exstatic
01-10-2014, 08:28 AM

Kawhi would be dropping 20/12 on the worst team in the league with no viable options, fool.

KawhiLeonard
01-11-2014, 01:51 AM
The Kid has the growth plates of a 16 year old he could easily become a 7 footer. He would be the most unique 7 footer i could think of if that were to happen because of his unique skill set

mosdef17
01-11-2014, 02:15 AM
The Kid has the growth plates of a 16 year old he could easily become a 7 footer. He would be the most unique 7 footer i could think of if that were to happen because of his unique skill set

Durant is about 6'10 - 6'11. I know he is listed at 6'9 but that's flat out wrong. Kevin Love is listed as 6'10 and KD has him covered. LeBron is meant to be 6'8/6'9...

http://healthyblackmen.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/team-usa_.jpg

KawhiLeonard
01-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Antetokounmpo has a longer wingspan and hand size over Durant and I think will be a better athlete and possibly a better ball handler

Baam
01-12-2014, 06:13 AM
https://vine.co/v/h3LHWQKTdip

He can easily become the euro goat tbh...

Baam
01-12-2014, 09:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_BOkyq_H3E#t=116

18 years old owning the Thunder...

Seriously if only he was there when the Spurs traded up...

DrunkTXLabrat
01-12-2014, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_BOkyq_H3E#t=116

those highlights are sooo legit!

exstatic
01-12-2014, 02:53 PM

They lost. In fact, they got their asses handed to them.

Captivus
01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
I like his speed.
He is only getting better.

DPG21920
01-13-2014, 01:59 AM
He looks leap years beyond what most everyone thought he could be at this point. Very interesting player with a great skill set.

benefactor
01-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Why are we still talking about this guy? He's not a Spurs prospect or even a trade target.

exstatic
01-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Why are we still talking about this guy? He's not a Spurs prospect or even a trade target.

Captivus
01-14-2014, 03:15 PM

So...you don't want to know about his brother...right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68yXib_qa8

benefactor
01-14-2014, 07:34 PM
Make a thread about him then.

Captivus
01-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Make a thread about him then.

Maybe Bruno will do it.

Giannis is averaging per 36: 10.7 Pts / 7.5 Reb / 2.6 Ass

Only Tracy McGrady and Perkins did this under 19 years. Tracy twice, at 18 and at 19.

benefactor
01-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Don't care. He doesn't play for the Spurs and is not a prospect. That's what this forum and these threads are for. This thread needs to be locked tbh.

Chinook
01-14-2014, 11:50 PM
His brother doesn't look good at all. He's especially unappealing because it's unlikely he'd want to go back to Europe.

exstatic
01-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Maybe Bruno will do it.

Giannis is averaging per 36: 10.7 Pts / 7.5 Reb / 2.6 Ass

Only Tracy McGrady and Perkins did this under 19 years. Tracy twice, at 18 and at 19.
So what? He's Milwaukee Bucks property. He's not a Spur, and probably never will be.

Captivus
01-15-2014, 09:21 AM
So what? He's Milwaukee Bucks property. He's not a Spur, and probably never will be.

Take it easy...
Im just posting stats about a player.

Lets do the following: Why dont you tell Bruno to start deleting all the threads from players that will probably never be in a Spurs uniform.
I mean, that makes sense...right?

DrunkTXLabrat
01-15-2014, 12:28 PM
i just think he's a fun player to hear about. he's got kawhi style freak wingspan and hands. the thread was originally about the spurs possibly drafting him. how about him as a potential trade prospect. bucks want to dump neal. spurs could give up green and draft rights for neal and giannis?

Baam
03-01-2014, 03:12 AM
http://content-mcdn.sentragoal.gr/filesystem/images/20130629/low/2013062900814_157890296.jpg

From left to right :
Thanasis : could be picked as high as low first round
Alexandros : 12yo
Kostas : 16yo, Giannis says he's gonna be better than him and is a better shooter (plays for Whitefish Bay Dominican HS in the Milwaukee area)
Mom
Dad
Giannis

benefactor
03-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Are you not smart enough to understand how this forum works?

yavozerb
03-01-2014, 10:00 AM
http://content-mcdn.sentragoal.gr/filesystem/images/20130629/low/2013062900814_157890296.jpg

From left to right :
Thanasis : could be picked as high as low first round
Alexandros : 12yo
Kostas : 16yo, Giannis says he's gonna be better than him and is a better shooter (plays for Whitefish Bay Dominican HS in the Milwaukee area)
Mom
Dad
Giannis

Something tells me Nike is involved with this faimly..

Chinook
03-01-2014, 02:51 PM
I do like that he's taking care of his family. Seems like a good kid.

DrunkTXLabrat
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
long live he giannis thread!

DrunkTXLabrat
03-01-2014, 07:03 PM
the*

kostas def has some of the freak dna.

Captivus
03-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Alexandros already trying to confuse scouts cheating with his height! :lol

smaka
03-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Damn that is one tall family :lol

rascal
03-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Will need to improve his shot because he won't have as easy a time just getting his shot off against bigger and quicker nBA players but is young enough to work and improve his perimeter game. Will be a good stash for the Spurs because he has allstar potential. Giannis I am talking about.

Captivus
03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Will need to improve his shot because he won't have as easy a time just getting his shot off against bigger and quicker nBA players but is young enough to work and improve his perimeter game. Will be a good stash for the Spurs because he has allstar potential. Giannis I am talking about.

What? Giannis?

bluebellmaniac
03-03-2014, 09:46 AM

???
He plays for the Bucks... how could we possibly "stash" him?

Mel_13
03-03-2014, 10:04 AM

:lmao

Mel_13
03-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Woj on Giannis. Well worth the read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/from-selling-sunglasses-on-street-to-nba-player-on-the-rise--greek-freak-living-the-american-dream-214309752.html

Chinook
03-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks, Mel. Reaffirms my faith in him. Shame he's going to get wasted in Milwaukee. But Wiggins, Giannis, Henson and Sanders does make for an interesting core.

CGD
03-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Good read.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-02-2014, 08:06 AM
http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm?source=hoopsworld

This mock draft points out that if embiid goes first. Then the bucks would have to face the idea of drafting wiggins while rostering antetokounpo. And both are 3s. They seem to suspect a trade scenario.

I think trading abc to draft wiggins would be a little appealing. josephs expiring and looks to be playing himself into george hill value.

We know the bucks liked former spurs castaway Neal. Joseph at point is more appealing than wolters or sessions, easily. And knight could use the challenge.

Chinook
06-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Lol the Bucks could easily pair Wiggins and Antetokounmpo. Giannis is too skinny to be considered an SF-only prospect. Antetokounmpo/Wiggins/Henson/Sanders makes for an interesting core. Tons of length and athleticism. They really would just need a great veteran PG to tie it together.