PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Isiah Thomas Owns Michael Jordan

ambchang
03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
3-1 H2H in playoffs.

True talk.

sook
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Mike said he hated him for freezing him out of the AS game but it probably has to do with Isiah kicking his ass :lol.

Isiah and the whole piston crew did get their ass beat the last time around though, and the fact they were so but heart and left the game before the buzzer was just kind of sad ...so I don't sympathize with him too much either.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
thomas was also snubbed for dream team 1 selections

sook
03-01-2013, 11:27 AM

...because of Jordan.

Thomas should've just succeeded in commotting suicide and blamed Jordan in his letter :lol

jeebus
03-01-2013, 11:33 AM
At least they're on common ground when it comes to running teams in a non-player role.

whitemamba
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM

MJ and Pippen both didnt want him on the team, even though he probably should have been

Phillip
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
MJ and Pippen both didnt want him on the team, even though he probably should have been
its probably better he wasnt for the sake of chemistry

Venti Quattro
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Maybe they shouldn't have included Clyde Drexler too. Jordan ripped him to shreds.

DMC
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
None of them wanted to smell Magic Johnson's semen on Isiah's breath.

lefty
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
lol john stockton

but Chris Laettner WTF :lmao

whitemamba
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
its probably better he wasnt for the sake of chemistry

i just dont think anyone liked that guy

lefty
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Bird, MJ and Magic didnt like him because they couldnt stand the fact that a small player could give them fits in the playoffs

JamStone
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I grew up idolizing Isiah, but everyone knows he was a huge asshole both on and off the court. So were most of the guys on that Dream Team. Thing is back then, a lot of players didn't like each other. If it weren't for the Converse commercial campaign, Magic and Bird probably would have still hated each other. I'm pretty sure Karl Malone and Charles Barkley weren't friendly yet back then either. No one liked Patrick Ewing's gorilla ass. And if everyone would be honest with themselves and stop kissing his ass too much, I'm sure no one liked Michael back then either. Maybe they respected him or envied him, but Michael has been a documented d-bag. In fact, if Dream Team never happened, a lot of those guys probably still wouldn't like each other now.

I'm not sure how much of a problem having Isiah on the team would have been. I'm sure several guys on the team disliked him. But with the amount of talent on the team and particularly with the quality of international competition back then, he wouldn't have been enough of a problem to hurt their chances on the court and still dominate every team they faced. No way should John Stockton have been on the team over Isiah. Period. But that shows you how much juice Jordan had back then, and how pussy everyone else on the team was. Hell, the Pistons own coach Chuck Daly couldn't do anything about it. Bunch of pussies kissing Jordan's sensitive ass.

AaronY
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I grew up idolizing Isiah, but everyone knows he was a huge asshole both on and off the court. So were most of the guys on that Dream Team. Thing is back then, a lot of players didn't like each other. If it weren't for the Converse commercial campaign, Magic and Bird probably would have still hated each other. I'm pretty sure Karl Malone and Charles Barkley weren't friendly yet back then either. No one liked Patrick Ewing's gorilla ass. And if everyone would be honest with themselves and stop kissing his ass too much, I'm sure no one liked Michael back then either. Maybe they respected him or envied him, but Michael has been a documented d-bag. In fact, if Dream Team never happened, a lot of those guys probably still wouldn't like each other now.

I'm not sure how much of a problem having Isiah on the team would have been. I'm sure several guys on the team disliked him. But with the amount of talent on the team and particularly with the quality of international competition back then, he wouldn't have been enough of a problem to hurt their chances on the court and still dominate every team they faced. No way should John Stockton have been on the team over Isiah. Period. But that shows you how much juice Jordan had back then, and how pussy everyone else on the team was. Hell, the Pistons own coach Chuck Daly couldn't do anything about it. Bunch of pussies kissing Jordan's sensitive ass.
Like last year Magic admitted he kept Isiah off the team . Because Zeke told everyone Magic got AIDS from teh gay buttsex

AaronY
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/10/22/isiah.magic/index.html?mobile=no

Latarian Milton
03-01-2013, 08:00 PM
isiah and jordan have something in common though. both great players of their generation but neither of them seems to have a clue how to coach/manage a team imho

mavs>spurs
03-01-2013, 08:08 PM
lol john stockton

here comes the part where everyone overrates thomas. he wasn't much better than stockton at all who was a good player in his own right.

Thebesteva
03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Mike said he hated him for freezing him out of the AS game but it probably has to do with Isiah kicking his ass :lol.

Isiah and the whole piston crew did get their ass beat the last time around though, and the fact they were so but heart and left the game before the buzzer was just kind of sad ...so I don't sympathize with him too much either.

I never make fun of anyone spelling a word wrong...but this one is awesome. Never seen a butt heart before

LkrFan
03-01-2013, 09:28 PM
here comes the part where everyone overrates thomas. he wasn't much better than stockton at all who was a good player in his own right.
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Zeke >>>> Stockton. You must be trolling. :lol

LkrFan
03-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Zeke should have been on that team over Stockton and Shaq should have been on before Laettner's scrub ass.

mavs>spurs
03-01-2013, 09:37 PM
more black laker fan bullshit lol

lefty
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM

After USA basketball named the Dream Team roster, Isiah torched Stockton, in Salt Lake, with 50 pts

And I doubt Stockton would have scored 25 pts in a single quarter in the Finals, on one leg

mavs>spurs
03-01-2013, 09:42 PM
nah but he'd put up better stats over his whole career tho. isiah was another volume scorer with average efficiency and he wasn't even great at scoring at that. he was really good in a lot of areas but never great at any of them. he played for a really good team that gained him a lot of notoriety.

midnightpulp
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
nah but he'd put up better stats over his whole career tho. isiah was another volume scorer with average efficiency and he wasn't even great at scoring at that. he was really good in a lot of areas but never great at any of them. he played for a really good team that gained him a lot of notoriety.

:tu

I know it's blasphemy, but Isiah Thomas is massively overrated.

Jerry West watched the performance and remarked privately that most people considered Isiah Thomas the Pistons’ superstar, but West pointed out that it was Dumars who was the supreme talent.

Why?

Well, West said, both Thomas and Dumars could push the envelope offensively, “but Joe’s defense sets him apart.”

http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm

lefty
03-01-2013, 11:54 PM
The Pistons did have a more stacked roster than Utah, cant disagree with that

Stockton was more efficient and better decision maker, but when it comes to the Dream Team, it still should have been Zeke over Stock, and Wilkins of Daisy Duke

JamStone
03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Isiah was putting up 20/10 for five straight seasons early on in his career. After the Pistons drafted Dumars and Dumars proved his worth, Chuck Daly specifically asked Isiah to relinquish some of the offensive responsibility that he carried for so long (both Daly and Isiah have said as much on record). That's when the Pistons really started to turn the corner into becoming a cohesive and great team. Isiah probably could have gone another 5 seasons putting up 20/10 but the Pistons wouldn't have gotten to that championship level had he done so. Stockton put up better overall numbers in terms of assists (at least in part thanks to Sloan's pick and roll offense and having a finisher like Karl Malone) and efficiency. And the longevity of Stockton's career also gives him better career totals. But I don't think anyone who watched and followed the NBA in the 80s would tell you Stockton was the better player. He wasn't. Stockton was still a great player absolutely. But he wasn't a better player than Isiah. And while it's not like it was a travesty to have had Stockton on the Dream Team, it was a travesty not to have Isiah on that team in terms of having all the best pros at that time on the team. The equivalent would be like Team USA taking Rajon Rondo over Chris Paul.

And beyond talent, the one thing that made Isiah so great wasn't just his game but his heart. There have been threads on these boards about being a clutch player and even the Dirk/Wade thread about toughness. Isiah was a big game player and a great clutch player. His competitiveness, heart, and desire to win matches any player on that Dream Team squad, including Jordan. Guys like that hate losing more than they like winning.

Not a diss to Stockton as he was still a great player, a worthy HOFer. Isiah just deserved to be on that team more than him.

midnightpulp
03-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Isiah was putting up 20/10 for five straight seasons early on in his career. After the Pistons drafted Dumars and Dumars proved his worth, Chuck Daly specifically asked Isiah to relinquish some of the offensive responsibility that he carried for so long (both Daly and Isiah have said as much on record). That's when the Pistons really started to turn the corner into becoming a cohesive and great team. Isiah probably could have gone another 5 seasons putting up 20/10 but the Pistons wouldn't have gotten to that championship level had he done so. Stockton put up better overall numbers in terms of assists (at least in part thanks to Sloan's pick and roll offense and having a finisher like Karl Malone) and efficiency. And the longevity of Stockton's career also gives him better career totals. But I don't think anyone who watched and followed the NBA in the 80s would tell you Stockton was the better player. He wasn't. Stockton was still a great player absolutely. But he wasn't a better player than Isiah. And while it's not like it was a travesty to have had Stockton on the Dream Team, it was a travesty not to have Isiah on that team in terms of having all the best pros at that time on the team. The equivalent would be like Team USA taking Rajon Rondo over Chris Paul.

And beyond talent, the one thing that made Isiah so great wasn't just his game but his heart. There have been threads on these boards about being a clutch player and even the Dirk/Wade thread about toughness. Isiah was a big game player and a great clutch player. His competitiveness, heart, and desire to win matches any player on that Dream Team squad, including Jordan. Guys like that hate losing more than they like winning.

Not a diss to Stockton as he was still a great player, a worthy HOFer. Isiah just deserved to be on that team more than him.

Can't disagree with any of that. I'd take Zeke over Stockton, as well. But I do believe Isiah is very overrated. He's often placed in the top 15-20 players of all-time, and I just don't see it.

Bill_Brasky
03-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Just further proof that most of these guys are overpaid babies who don't deserve to have us root for them tbh

Sean Cagney
03-02-2013, 12:30 AM

LOL pretty damn good post.

JamStone
03-02-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't know where I'd rank Isiah all time. I'd have to really think hard about it. He's obviously not top 10. He may or may not sniff top 20. Probably borderline top 20 without thinking about it too much. I'd place him somewhere in the 20-25 range. Also, if some people have ranked Isiah in the 15-20 range, that may also have been before lists like those include guys like Kobe, Duncan, KG, LeBron, Dirk, among others in the current generation of players. Isiah has moved down over the last decade because of some younger players more highly regarded who now have the cache and number of years in to be thought of as all time greats. Some discredit Isiah because they call Bird and Magic old when he beat them or because he beat Jordan before Jordan got enough help. But Magic wasn't old and Jordan was still Jordan when Isiah and the Pistons were beating the Bulls. I'm not sure why you consider him overrated, but to me if anything, Isiah has been disregarded and forgotten because he's remembered more for his atrocious career post-playing days. People think of him more as the guy who ruined the Knicks and the CBA and for his homo beef with Magic than he is remembered as a player.

I also disagree with the notion that he wasn't great at any one thing. He had the best handles in the league during his career. And his playmaking rivaled any player at the time, including Magic. He wasn't just good at playmaking as M>S suggested. He WAS a great playmaker. And if there was a stat back then for clutchness, my guess is he would have been near the top of that as well. I think it's silly to suggest he wasn't great at anything. He is arguably the greatest little man to play the game. In a big man's game, he was dominating great players and great teams at 6'1 and probably a buck-70. Imagine if he had the size of Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson.

Sean Cagney
03-02-2013, 12:37 AM
:tu

I know it's blasphemy, but Isiah Thomas is massively overrated.

Jerry West watched the performance and remarked privately that most people considered Isiah Thomas the Pistons’ superstar, but West pointed out that it was Dumars who was the supreme talent.

Why?

Well, West said, both Thomas and Dumars could push the envelope offensively, “but Joe’s defense sets him apart.”

http://hoopshype.com/articles/defense_lazenby.htm

Isiah was very good no doubt and a HOF player, but Joe D is one of my fave players of all times! Jordan hated playing against him because of that D! He was a key reason for that 3-1 vs. Jordan! I have loved Joey D since a kid, one of my faves ever and a GOOD dude on top of that.

racm
03-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Dumars is also a better GM than Zeke was tbh, sure he messed up by overpaying Gordon and Villanueva and trading Billups but management forced his hand there

LkrFan
03-02-2013, 02:32 AM
I don't know where I'd rank Isiah all time. I'd have to really think hard about it. He's obviously not top 10. He may or may not sniff top 20. Probably borderline top 20 without thinking about it too much. I'd place him somewhere in the 20-25 range. Also, if some people have ranked Isiah in the 15-20 range, that may also have been before lists like those include guys like Kobe, Duncan, KG, LeBron, Dirk, among others in the current generation of players. Isiah has moved down over the last decade because of some younger players more highly regarded who now have the cache and number of years in to be thought of as all time greats. Some discredit Isiah because they call Bird and Magic old when he beat them or because he beat Jordan before Jordan got enough help. But Magic wasn't old and Jordan was still Jordan when Isiah and the Pistons were beating the Bulls. I'm not sure why you consider him overrated, but to me if anything, Isiah has been disregarded and forgotten because he's remembered more for his atrocious career post-playing days. People think of him more as the guy who ruined the Knicks and the CBA and for his homo beef with Magic than he is remembered as a player.

I also disagree with the notion that he wasn't great at any one thing. He had the best handles in the league during his career. And his playmaking rivaled any player at the time, including Magic. He wasn't just good at playmaking as M>S suggested. He WAS a great playmaker. And if there was a stat back then for clutchness, my guess is he would have been near the top of that as well. I think it's silly to suggest he wasn't great at anything. He is arguably the greatest little man to play the game. In a big man's game, he was dominating great players and great teams at 6'1 and probably a buck-70. Imagine if he had the size of Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson.

Great post. These dudes tripping. Zeke was the man back in the day. I'd love to see him play in today's NBA. Dude was a warrior. This vid right here epitomizes what he meant to Detroit:

mcGqJ1tAClw&sns=em

Killer instinct. Clutch jumper. Warrior. I tell you what, he'd dominate today's NBA. Nobody would be able to stop him tbh.

lefty
03-02-2013, 03:09 AM
However, Isiah couldnt beat this dude :

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qrkprCpQ1qic7wlo1_400.gif

scanry
03-02-2013, 05:08 AM
The only PG to have rung since Magic says it all.

I think Malone, Stockton, Ewing, MJ, Bird and Pippen hated Zeke and that must have stung and your own Coach couldn't help matters tbh.

100%duncan
03-02-2013, 06:38 AM

THIS tbh.

Mori Chu
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Here's Isiah in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZP2amu3HwQ

dbreiden83080
03-03-2013, 07:38 PM
And all these years later everyone kisses Jordan's ass like he was God's gift to the game and all that have come after him are vying for 2nd place.