PDA

View Full Version : Who said OKC is going back to the WCF?

Chris16
03-01-2013, 03:44 PM
They'll have to play Clippers in the Semi-Finals first, and CP3 is definitely capable of outplaying Westbrook. The only Western Conference team that knows how to stop CP3 is the Spurs.

:D

RD2191
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
:flag:

Brunodf
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Maybe Spurs will have to play vs Clips in the WCSF again...

Chris16
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe Spurs will have to play vs Clips in the WCSF again...

Nah, the Spurs aren't giving up the best record, too many home games. I know they lost to Phoenix but their home win streak wasn't gonna last forever, the Spurs needed a wake up call anyways.

Brunodf
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Nah, the Spurs aren't giving up the best record, too many home games. I know they lost to Phoenix but their home win streak wasn't gonna last forever, the Spurs needed a wake up call anyways.

I am talking about the Grizzlies, they can reach the 3rd seed...

Chris16
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I am talking about the Grizzlies, they are close to the 3rd seed

The Grizzlies are probably staying at 4th. They're a good team but the Clippers have too much talent to drop down in the standings.

The Spurs will be glad to play them anyways, they're 6-1 against them since the 1st round loss.

Hoops Czar
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
They'll have to play Clippers in the Semi-Finals first, and CP3 is definitely capable of outplaying Westbrook. The only Western Conference team that knows how to stop CP3 is the Spurs.

:D
OKC is 2-0 vs the Clips so I haven't got a clue what your point is. Just like TP, CP3 isn't going to win a series without help.

BatManu20
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
The Thunder will beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. OKC is coming out of the West barring an injury to one of their key players imho.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-01-2013, 07:20 PM
The Thunder will not be coming out of the West this year.

Chris16
03-01-2013, 08:15 PM
OKC is 2-0 vs the Clips so I haven't got a clue what your point is. Just like TP, CP3 isn't going to win a series without help.

1. Chris Paul didn't play in the 2nd game.

2. The Thunder won the 1st game by just 6 in overtime despite CP3 going 2-14.

In other words, OKC winning the first 2 games doesn't mean a thing.

DesignatedT
03-01-2013, 08:33 PM
pump the breaks kid

TheGoldStandard
03-01-2013, 09:06 PM
If the spurs can get everyone healthy by months end then they have a great shot at a deep run. OKC has the horses but they don't have the bench this year with Harden gone.

Chris16
03-01-2013, 09:07 PM
The Thunder will beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. OKC is coming out of the West barring an injury to one of their key players imho.

How do you know this? Are you just judging from last year or do you have legit reason? The best way to beat OKC to play good defense on them, no one in the West last year was good enough defensively to beat them, they finally faced a good defensive team in the Finals and all of a sudden their jumpshots stop falling. The Clippers are a pretty good defensive team so we'll see what happens if they meet up.

TheGoldStandard
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
How do you know this? Are you just judging from last year or do you have legit reason? The best way to beat OKC to play good defense on them, no one in the West last year was good enough defensively to beat them, they finally faced a good defensive team in the Finals and all of a sudden their jumpshots stop falling. The Clippers are a pretty good defensive team so we'll see what happens if they meet up.

The events of last years WCF took some stars aligning just right for the Spurs to have lost 4 straight. The first 2 games the Spurs out hustled OKC and finished down the stretch then OKC went to the "superstars" card when it came down to crunch time and became really aggressive knowing the refs will call contact for there superstars. Durant, Westbrook and Harden were living at the free throw line. Serge Ibaka had a once in a lifetime kind of game too boot. If the Spurs can ride the waves that Durant and Westbrook will offer and play good defense overall on everyone else they'll be in good shape. Kevin Martin is not a world beater by any means.

Hoops Czar
03-02-2013, 02:28 AM

So the Spurs aren't the only team that can stop CP3.

Chris16
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
So the Spurs aren't the only team that can stop CP3.

CP3 isn't gonna play well every single game, the Spurs have a long history of containing CP3, OKC has just 1 game.

iManu
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
pump the breaks kid

:lol

Hoops Czar
03-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Clean sweep for the Thunder. Does that mean anything?

Chris16
03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Clean sweep for the Thunder. Does that mean anything?

I have to say, I'm shocked. On paper they match up well with OKC, Del Negro must be that bad of a coach. They've also had a hard time with the Warriors this season so I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors are tanking just to stay at 6th and get them in the 1st round.