PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tony Parker sprains ankle

irishock
03-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Pop says he could be out for a while

Blessing in disguise? .... if Spurs face the Rockets instead of the Lakers?

BatManu20
03-02-2013, 02:10 AM
I think the Spurs finish 2nd in the West now and the Lakers end up with the 7th seed and we play in the 1st round. Which I'd like cause I want to send the Lakers home,

KaiRMD1
03-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Lakers aren't getting seventh, their hopeful to get the 8th seed which isn't even a guarantee. It's good timing with CoJo getting called up

Reck
03-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Why would the Spurs not want to face the Lakers? Just saying..

It was the same last year with Memphis.

Every team gets lucky sometime.

lefty
03-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Parker is such a pussy

Man up and keep playing

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2013, 05:23 AM
he injured? lol fake ass mvp

Thebesteva
03-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Spurs collapsing in March and April as always...dont worry Ginobli and Duncan are next

Thebesteva
03-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Why would the Spurs not want to face the Lakers? Just saying..

It was the same last year with Memphis.

Every team gets lucky sometime.

Because win or lose its going to be a brutal fucking series. There is NO way the Spurs will comfortably cruise through that first round against LA and you know it. Even if the Spurs win it will be a tough series and the first round is just about warming up, not exerting too much energy and risking injury.

Halberto
03-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Because win or lose its going to be a brutal fucking series. There is NO way the Spurs will comfortably cruise through that first round against LA and you know it.

:lol I love lakers fans. Not even above .500 and talking like they're a force. Easy sweep.

whitemamba
03-02-2013, 06:31 AM
it begins

D12
03-02-2013, 06:43 AM
it begins

Just like I predicted. We are gonna knock off a top seed. It's inevitable at this point. The Spurs will stay the number one seed because of a favorable schedule. We will get in as an 8th seed and fuck shit up with our greatness. The basketball gods have decided already.

D12
03-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Spurs collapsing in March and April as always...dont worry Ginobli and Duncan are next

It doesn't matter. Our greatness will prevail over these glorified regular season teams.

Mao Zedong
03-02-2013, 08:04 AM
LOL, silly Laker fans. Popovich got this. That old spook will come through.

If a Spurs-Lakers matchup is possible, and his players are injured, he'll tank some games to avoid them.
Clearly it's been a LONG while since your team had a competent coach to think this stuff, you people are rusty.

Latarian Milton
03-02-2013, 10:36 AM
injury ain't serious and he can play throught it but it's apparrent pop doesn't want him to do so. in fact, it gives him a good reason to sit him for a while and tank the remainder of the season.

scanry
03-02-2013, 10:45 AM
If Phil was coaching the Lakers, i would have been worried. But seriously, do you really think Mike D' Antoni can actually beat Pop in the post season?

We'll run circles around LA tbh. Houston will be a scary match up though. That youth and Bin Laden could pull off the upset.

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Uh Oh Spurs gonna learn how to play without parker, and will be ready in the playoffs when he noshows again

n:lola=f:lolcked

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2013, 11:55 AM
with or without parker noshow...spurs will lose

Brunodf
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
:bangwe are dropping like flies

whitemamba
03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Uh Oh Spurs gonna learn how to play without parker, and will be ready in the playoffs when he noshows again

n:lola=f:lolcked

:rollin

Relevancy
03-02-2013, 03:26 PM
If Phil was coaching the Lakers, i would have been worried. But seriously, do you really think Mike D' Antoni can actually beat Pop in the post season?

We'll run circles around LA tbh. Houston will be a scary match up though. That youth and Bin Laden could pull off the upset.Yeah I think the Lakers can pull it off, after all the coach isn't the one bouncing the ball on the court, It's up to the players to dictate their destiny. If and that is a a big "IF" if the Howard gets healthy and Bryant still playing at a high level like he's now, then the I think the it's gonna a dog fight.

Reck
03-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Because win or lose its going to be a brutal fucking series. There is NO way the Spurs will comfortably cruise through that first round against LA and you know it. Even if the Spurs win it will be a tough series and the first round is just about warming up, not exerting too much energy and risking injury.

Tough series as an Spurs win in 5. :lol

Thebesteva
03-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Tough series as an Spurs win in 5. :lol

LOL if you say so

Reck
03-02-2013, 04:17 PM
LOL if you say so

Well I'm saying Lakers dont even make it in.

Ya'll making plans and the Lakers still not even in a position to play anyone in the POs.

Relevancy
03-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Well I'm saying Lakers dont even make it in.

Ya'll making plans and the Lakers still not even in a position to play anyone in the POs.Don't you have that weird feeling that makes you believe they will make it in tho?

Reck
03-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Don't you have that weird feeling that makes you believe they will make it in tho?

Only if the refs help them along the way but then I remember they have like 5 back to backs games remaining and 3 of those are all on the road.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 04:41 PM

:lol How far Lakerfan has fallen, now they have to start rooting for injuries to the real teams...

DeadlyDynasty
03-02-2013, 04:53 PM
shucks

Thebesteva
03-02-2013, 04:57 PM
:lol How far Lakerfan has fallen, now they have to start rooting for injuries to the real teams...

That awkward moment you realize Clippers are going to get bounced in the 1st round and the Lakers have a shot at advancing to the 2nd

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
That awkward moment you realize Clippers are going to get bounced in the 1st round and the Lakers have a shot at advancing to the 2nd
That awkward moment when you realize your team spent $100+ mil on an 8th seed at best...

:lol Who's supposedly beating us in the first round?

Arnold Toht
03-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Warriors will go 2007 on the Clips in 1st round honestly

Clipper Nation
03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Warriors will go 2007 on the Clips in 1st round honestly
That's the one matchup I'n nervous about, but considering how the Dubs been slumping lately, I think we'll end up playing the Rockets or Jazz in the first round, tbh... either team is a much more favorable matchup than the Warriors, imho...

Reck
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
That awkward moment when you realize your team spent $100+ mil on an 8th seed at best...

:lol Who's supposedly beating us in the first round?

Nah he's just a hater of the spurs in general.

He was wishing a career ending injury to one of the Spurs a few days ago.

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
:lol I love lakers fans. Not even above .500 and talking like they're a force. Easy sweep.

^ Spurs are afraid...it's a good strategy to drop games to avoid yet another first round exit. Pop wants to face either Utah or Houston at the 7th spot to ensure the Spurs advance. Pop is smart he knows once the play-offs start LA will be all about business. Dwight and Pau healthy will be ready to put it all on the line.

Here's Pop's latest comment: :king

The ones that say, ‘We don’t care who we play,’ they’re full of baloney,” Popovich said. “We’re all trying to hide from the Lakers in the first round and that’s the truth. Really, it’s like, ‘Who do you want to play in the first round?,’” Popovich continued before sarcastically answering his question. “Oh, the Lakers! We’ll play the Lakers!”

hater
03-03-2013, 05:36 PM
that's more of a shot at Stern and the league rather than a we scared comment. but not surprised it went above your head.

Koolaid_Man
03-03-2013, 05:49 PM
that's more of a shot at Stern and the league rather than a we scared comment. but not surprised it went above your head.

:lol Read it again and weep....Popovich: “We’re all trying..."

Hide

Hide

Hide